Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

In lighter news, this is the first Rock Band game I've played, and I love the drums. Just got my first perfect song today, with one of my favourite songs that came up on tour. Small victories, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Is it possible to play Charlene by Stephen Colbert in Rock Band 4? That was my first perfect way back when :shobon:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Binowru posted:

Is it possible to play Charlene by Stephen Colbert in Rock Band 4? That was my first perfect way back when :shobon:

Yep! I'm not sure if it was ever taken off the store, but I downloaded it when I had RB2 and have played it with friends in RB4 before.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Starting to notice a difference in game performance when the game is connected to Rock Central (or whatever their rock band servers are called nowadays) versus when it isn't. When it is, I get noticeable stuttering and freezing (and occasional crashes) after finishing songs. When it's not connected, everything's hunky dory.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Starting to notice a difference in game performance when the game is connected to Rock Central (or whatever their rock band servers are called nowadays) versus when it isn't. When it is, I get noticeable stuttering and freezing (and occasional crashes) after finishing songs. When it's not connected, everything's hunky dory.

Given their current size and resourcing, that server is probably a Compaq Pentium II sweltering under Mudry's desk, covered in mozz crumbs.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
Haven't been following the thread, sorry if this is old news, but...

Wife and I had a band doing the tour, and when we went to play this weekend, our band was not there. Neither were the characters we created and customized.

Was this part of the leaderboard wipe, or is this some sort of other fuckery? Is there a way to get our band back? We had just gotten a plane :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amplitude is really fun, pity there isn't better music in it. I'm not anti-electronic music by any means, it's just that most of the songs are very same-y sounding. There's not a lot of variety :\

Looks good though.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Alfajor posted:

Haven't been following the thread, sorry if this is old news, but...

Wife and I had a band doing the tour, and when we went to play this weekend, our band was not there. Neither were the characters we created and customized.

Was this part of the leaderboard wipe, or is this some sort of other fuckery? Is there a way to get our band back? We had just gotten a plane :ohdear:

Were you logged in on the same profile you used the first time? Band progress and characters should definitely not be erased short of a massive bug.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

pksage posted:

Were you logged in on the same profile you used the first time? Band progress and characters should definitely not be erased short of a massive bug.

Yeah, only my account. I'll reboot and log out/back in and see if that does the trick...

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
So the RB2, Lego, AC/DC and Free 20 Song Pack songs are showing up on the store for Xbox One. It's happening [soon] guys!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where's rock band one?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I was cleaning out some piles of paperwork and found these:

Stickers!!

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Where's rock band one?

Most of those songs have been on the store since December, so not news.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Alfajor posted:

Yeah, only my account. I'll reboot and log out/back in and see if that does the trick...

PS4 or XB1, out of curiosity?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

Where's rock band one?

They showed up (with no export yet) a week or two ago.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaspar Lewis posted:

They showed up (with no export yet) a week or two ago.

So maybe they will do the exports all at the same time. I want those songs

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

Alakaiser posted:

PS4 or XB1, out of curiosity?

XB1. Will report back soon.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

So, I have...
Downloaded and installed an update of around 300MB. Launched RockBand, while logged into my xbox account of always, my band or characters are not there.
Exited RB, signed out of xbox account, rebooted console.
Xbox signed my account in automatic after reboot, I launched RockBand, , my band or characters are not there.
Exited RB, changed settings for no auto-sign in. Logged out of xbox, rebooted console.
Once xbox was up again, launched RB4 (not logged into xbox account). RB4 asks to log in, I select my account... it logs me in... my band or characters are still not there. :(

Went into xbox's "manage game", and deleted local save data, so that it could re-sync from the cloud. Still nothing.

What do???

Alfajor fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 13, 2016

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Have you tried signing in as your wife

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

She doesn't have a profile, never has. All characters were created while signed in as me (in all instruments, hello achievements)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Tempo 119 posted:

Have you tried signing in as your wife

I don't have a wig to wear in front of the kinect.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Not sure how good of a deal this is but Woot is selling the XB1 version of the Band-In-A-Box for $200 http://sellout.woot.com/offers/rock-band-4-band-in-a-box-for-xbox-one

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
$250 is the normal price ($400? :wtc:)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

whypick1 posted:

$250 is the normal price ($400? :wtc:)

CostCo sells it for $219, and you get the added benefit that it's CostCo and you can return the thing for whatever reason.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
More poo poo coming off the store at the end of the month.

Guns N Roses “Chinese Democracy” (LP Chinese Democracy 01 Pack)
Guns N Roses “Scraped” (LP Chinese Democracy 01 Pack)
Night Ranger “You’re Gonna Hear From Me” (Night Ranger 01 Pack)
Nazareth “Hair Of The Dog” (single)
I Mother Earth “Levitate” (Single)
Hawkwind “Master Of The Universe” (Single)
Superchick “Stand In The Rain” (Single)
Silverchair “Straight Lines” (Single)
Tom Petty Anthology Pack 02

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

That's a baffling selection of songs.
Two songs from Chinese Democracy? One Night Ranger song? Half the Tom Petty tracks? And half of the Metal Track Pack exclusive songs? Weird.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Is the game losing songs faster than it's adding them lately? :(

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Depends on if they push the exports this month or do any bigger packs/weeks.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
That Night Ranger song is the "new" one of that bunch. Weird, though.

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Alfajor posted:

So, I have...
Downloaded and installed an update of around 300MB. Launched RockBand, while logged into my xbox account of always, my band or characters are not there.
Exited RB, signed out of xbox account, rebooted console.
Xbox signed my account in automatic after reboot, I launched RockBand, , my band or characters are not there.
Exited RB, changed settings for no auto-sign in. Logged out of xbox, rebooted console.
Once xbox was up again, launched RB4 (not logged into xbox account). RB4 asks to log in, I select my account... it logs me in... my band or characters are still not there. :(

Went into xbox's "manage game", and deleted local save data, so that it could re-sync from the cloud. Still nothing.

What do???

No help for you here, just wanted to sympathize for you finding out this way. I've adopted a "wait and see what happens to everyone else" policy, and that seems to be the best way to handle Rock Band 4. Sorry. :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr Zaius posted:

Well the Wii U does have the best exclusives.

:agreed:

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Is the game losing songs faster than it's adding them lately? :(

Counting these, that's 20 songs removed since RB4 came out

Counting the non-repeat preorder bonus tracks and the upcoming Disturbed 3-pack, there have been 82 DLC songs for RB4 so far

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

gtrmp posted:

Counting these, that's 20 songs removed since RB4 came out

Counting the non-repeat preorder bonus tracks and the upcoming Disturbed 3-pack, there have been 82 DLC songs for RB4 so far

He was being facetious. Welcome to the Internet. Restrooms are down the hall on the left.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought there's a bathroom on the right?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I thought there's a bathroom on the right?

:golfclap:

Is it sad that I thought the exact same thing?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/687719658754015233
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/687719761237684224

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
On Reddit HMXCrisis stated for Xbox they're looking at next week, not later today.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The tracks are downloading now. Won't get to play for a few days because of this cold, grr.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Playing RB1 songs in Brutal Mode is weird because I've played them so much by now that I've almost memorized them, but not quite enough. Almost got red stars on Ballroom Blitz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Good to see those are available, my new old rb3 pedal is coming in Saturday so that's perfect timing.