Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah what has he been up to anyway? It feels like he disappeared some time during the Jemas years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

He was a muscular blue armadillo for a while, but then Banner stole his gammas.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Before that he was a somewhat antagonist in the Runaways and almost died in World War Hulk.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Starsnostars posted:

Defenders #5
There needs to be one more Namor to make Imperious Sex, right now it's just Imperious Quinque.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rick Jones is stuck in eternal combat with Snapper Carr in order to prevent the collapse of both the Marvel and DC universes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard #3

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

(Lois Lane #79)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I mean you can't really argue with that logic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

He was a muscular blue armadillo for a while, but then Banner stole his gammas.

Yeah, he was around a fair bit during the Pak/Parker runs on the Hulk titles. He had a back up in one of the books for a while, if I recall.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Duke Nukem: Social Justice Warrior

urrgh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It shouldn't be surprising that someone who steals 75% of his material from an anti-capitalist sci-fi classic would have leftist leanings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Question: Would Duke Nukem's entire franchise be improved if you replaced Duke with Roddy Piper?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Answer: Yes.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

To be fair most franchises would improve if you changed the protagonist to Roddy Piper.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Adnor posted:

To be fair most franchises would improve if you changed the protagonist to Roddy Piper.

The villain too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Duke Nukem loves women, believes in bigger government and hates corrupt police.

I mean he also loves boobs a lot but y'know.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm just saying his track record isn't great

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Random Stranger posted:

(Lois Lane #79)

BRB going to police academy now

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Random Stranger posted:

(Lois Lane #79)

Note to self: when visiting The Daily Planet, never accept anything anybody offers you to drink or eats. It's probably spiked with LSD.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 13, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

(Lois Lane #79)

Fucker never watched Bad Santa

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

David D. Davidson posted:

It's probably spiked with LAD.

Oh jeez, Jimmy, not again. The coffee pot? Really?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh jeez, Jimmy, not again. The coffee pot? Really?

loving autocorrect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

David D. Davidson posted:

Note to self: when visiting The Daily Planet, never accept anything anybody offers you to drink or eats. It's probably spiked with LSD.

Superman is doing it just to teach you a lesson! Like washing your hands after going to the bathroom or tipping more that 15%! He could also be doing it since he is bored.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman: American Alien #3.

It's Bruce Wayne's 21's birthday boat bash. He's not there, but Clark Kent just happened to be in a chartered plane crash right next to it. Everyone assumes he's Bruce making a big entrance and he takes advantage of the situation.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
How is Clark making himself look exactly like Bruce?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm constantly angry about what a loving amazing writer Max Landis is. I hate the enjoyment I get from everything he's ever done.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

redbackground posted:

Kryptonian Super Face Contortion, duh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Turns out Deathstroke was really bad at being a mercenary/assassin back then and didn't actually bother to get a photograph of a highly visible public figure before going to kill him!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

He's just a handsome young white male and nobody on the boat has met Bruce in years.
Throwing the party he doesn't turn up to is one of his vacuous playboy acts.

It's a pointedly contrived set up.

\/ I've so rarely seen Deadshot be a successful assassin in someone else's comic, so it worked for me.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 13, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's just a handsome young white male and nobody on the boat has met Bruce in years.
Throwing the party he doesn't turn up to is one of his vacuous playboy acts.

It's a pointedly contrived set up.
I meant in that Deathstroke should at least know what Bruce Wayne, popular dude and his primary target, looks like.

edit: what Endless Mike said.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PS: it was pretty common for Clark Kent to stand for Bruce Wayne in older comics/cartoons with the latter using this to fake his way out of "I'm not Batman, see??"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

PS: it was pretty common for Clark Kent to stand for Bruce Wayne in older comics/cartoons with the latter using this to fake his way out of "I'm not Batman, see??"

Usually it was Clark standing in for Batman, not Bruce or wearing a rubber mask or something though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yall are overthinking it. Clark looks close enough to fool a bunch of drunk people who haven't seen Bruce in years, so Deathstroke hops in, see's him being treated as Bruce Wayne, and figures "yeah that's him". Slade is a good assassin but it's not like he expected this to be the hardest job of his life he'd need months of prep for so I can buy this caught him off guard.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

I'm constantly angry about what a loving amazing writer Max Landis is. I hate the enjoyment I get from everything he's ever done.

Why?

Not being hostile or anything, I'm honestly curious.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This video did it for me, but I'm glad I don't hate him anymore :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

e: And on reflection that's not even that bad! I guess it was the combination of "pre-pro on my movie", the "Industry people are shady" singlet, multiple angles and text flying out that made me go "Oh, shut up."

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 13, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

I like his stuff and have no real opinion on him, but he's a colossal nerd in the worst way from all the things I've seen of him. Really smug about his knowledge and opinions, has a sort of superiority complex, things he's singled out for being a rebel with his amazing ideas that are constantly amazing, etc., those are what I've mostly gotten from him in the videos I've seen of him, even in the WWF one he did about Triple H.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

Why?

Not being hostile or anything, I'm honestly curious.

What John Dyne said+he's the son of an unrepentant unpunished child murderer and I've heard (what are admittedly) rumors he's been a creep to girls.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, fair enough. I don't really know much about him - I thought he seemed alright in that RLM Best of the Worst episode he was in, but if he's a bit of a prat... :shrug:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Okay, fair enough. I don't really know much about him - I thought he seemed alright in that RLM Best of the Worst episode he was in, but if he's a bit of a prat... :shrug:

Yeah. From that it seems like he's chilled out considerably, but gained the worst haircut.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was going to say, he had a pretty bad haircut in that.