Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

So I bought some stuff and I'm VIP level 3 now, and the healing when you switch characters is ridiculous(even if it's only 15% at level 3). At VIP level 15 it's 50% :v:. Thankfully it's not active in PvP. The 5 clear tickets per day is really nice as well.

EDIT: VIP level 15 also gets a ridiculous +25 seconds on teamup duration.

That's honestly a great starting point. I was VIP3 for a very, very long time and it wasn't until the Great White Whale Sale 2015 that I kicked it up to near VIP6. VIP3 got me a lot of clear tickets and is a nice spot and easy to obtain too.

And drat you Moon. I am ridiculously jelly. I hit an ultra rank up on WM to go 18-19 but am getting jack poo poo for 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
got an ultra rank up taking my singularity slot 1 from 16 to 17 on my first try. life is downhill from here.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That's honestly a great starting point. I was VIP3 for a very, very long time and it wasn't until the Great White Whale Sale 2015 that I kicked it up to near VIP6. VIP3 got me a lot of clear tickets and is a nice spot and easy to obtain too.

And drat you Moon. I am ridiculously jelly. I hit an ultra rank up on WM to go 18-19 but am getting jack poo poo for 20.

i got 5 in 6 levels past 15 icr. a force is rigged

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait you have to use bios to upgrade gear at higher levels? drat.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

Starting at lvl 15. So when I started as a newblet, I started using the Bio Converter on my Iron Man when he hit 6*, I converted about 30 bios into other chars...

Then I hit lvl 15 on some gear and threw my phone off a tall building. And proceeded to jump off said building and curb stomp said phone.

It was a grandiose day.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

RatHat posted:

It didn't even exist before like october.

But yeah it works in a very weird way, uses lab matieral, dimension debris and bios.

it works a bit like iso leveling but their isn't just a 1.5 exp bonus, but you are really loving hoping for the bonus or so you don't need more bios, especially on unfarmable characters.

Sadly you can't use crystals to buy those levels yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So many gold sinks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

It didn't even exist before like october.

But yeah it works in a very weird way, uses lab matieral, dimension debris and bios.

it works a bit like iso leveling but their isn't just a 1.5 exp bonus, but you are really loving hoping for the bonus or so you don't need more bios, especially on unfarmable characters.

Sadly you can't use crystals to buy those levels yet.

:bang:

gently caress these things.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

MarcusSA posted:

:bang:

gently caress these things.

It's like 3 pieces, compared to the 100 normally.

It sounds outrageous but some of the later levels are almost worth the crystals if you're sitting on a surplus. It'd cost more in energy and time for the dimension debris then the amount needed to level (14 and 15 specifically) it's the cost of 4 days on stark stash (or a week of achievements a piece) and I only recommend it if you whale your problems away. (and for 3 characters tops after that clearing should be fast enough that you should just wait it off.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Sorry to go off topic but is that lego game going to be fun? Will they have all their powers? I might pick it up.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Holyshoot posted:

Sorry to go off topic but is that lego game going to be fun? Will they have all their powers? I might pick it up.

basically every Lego game is really good, they're just kind of samey if you play more than two or three of them. it's a pretty refined gameplay formula but it doesn't get changed up much

it should be pretty good, the marvel and DC lego games usually have the best character variety and everyone does unique stuff

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

It's like 3 pieces, compared to the 100 normally.

Yeah thats not too bad I guess. I burned through a lot of them leveling gear but I'm getting quite a few back doing Team-Ups.

PSA
:siren: If you have VIP do Team-Ups! Don't neglect them. :siren:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Absolutely do team up! The extra gold and iso pieces to help enhance are amazing
Once in a while some Douche will kick you if not 50+ than you get someone like me and I'll grab a 60 to help carry

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
How come when I start Timeline battle without Auto+ being on from the last game, all my skills are on cooldown? That sucks rear end.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

How come when I start Timeline battle without Auto+ being on from the last game, all my skills are on cooldown? That sucks rear end.

It's just how it is since its versing AI. Gotta dominate anyway.

Also, login now for 20 doc Ock bios.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok I have no idea how this Facebook quest is supposed to work. I linked my Facebook account and invited a bunch of people in a MFF group but it still shows as 0/10 friends.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Absolutely do team up! The extra gold and iso pieces to help enhance are amazing
Once in a while some Douche will kick you if not 50+ than you get someone like me and I'll grab a 60 to help carry

I think he meant the hero teamups that you get from your friends and can use once in a mission. VIP levels increase their duration.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No, they meant the team-up battles because VIP level increases the amount of poo poo you get from them

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

henkman posted:

No, they meant the team-up battles because VIP level increases the amount of poo poo you get from them

Yeah that may have persuaded me to kick over to a different level
Also always use your team ups while bored as they get bonus points I think

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I had Bullseye pop up as an enemy shifter...on a mission he was already in.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

RatHat posted:

I had Bullseye pop up as an enemy shifter...on a mission he was already in.

It's goofy, but it can happen as long as the main BOSS isn't the same as the enemy shifter. You can't get Kingpin as an Enemy Shifter in that stage, for example.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kelp Plankton posted:

basically every Lego game is really good, they're just kind of samey if you play more than two or three of them. it's a pretty refined gameplay formula but it doesn't get changed up much

it should be pretty good, the marvel and DC lego games usually have the best character variety and everyone does unique stuff

Yea. I've been trying avoid buying games upon release unless I can get money off (like with FO4), but I can't wait the 6 months for this to go down to lower price. I bought the first one twice and played though it probably around 5 times.

Hey if you want a Tapped out like game with amusing younger versions of Marvel characters, Avengers Academy is out. Don't blame me when you blow real money to get Spider-Woman.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The second bullseye is actually alternate universe Scarlet Spider, gotta get all the webheads before the sony deal goes sideways

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

twistedmentat posted:

Hey if you want a Tapped out like game with amusing younger versions of Marvel characters, Avengers Academy is out. Don't blame me when you blow real money to get Spider-Woman.

is this only out on android? i cant find it on the iOS store

as a game with kamala khan in it i will spend millions of dollars to get her to be the toppest tier

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

eat poo poo and die you table breaking mutant Very nice. I only get ultra Rank ups when I'm already above 90%. At the rate Kingpin's going, it'll be another month before I hit 20 on his Slot 1 and gently caress only knows how long the rest of the slots are going to take.

In unrelated news, I've got a handful of open slots on my friends list so anyone wants to use, uh, whoever the gently caress my teamup character for those tough battles, my in-game name is abigfatbunny.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

twistedmentat posted:

Yea. I've been trying avoid buying games upon release unless I can get money off (like with FO4), but I can't wait the 6 months for this to go down to lower price. I bought the first one twice and played though it probably around 5 times.

Can I actually get DJ Vision this is important

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Saint Freak posted:

Can I actually get DJ Vision this is important

Yes. When he becomes unlocked to Buy with Money the conversation between him and Tony is about him going to his DJ Class.

Kelp Plankton posted:

is this only out on android? i cant find it on the iOS store

as a game with kamala khan in it i will spend millions of dollars to get her to be the toppest tier

Kamala is a regular character, just have to get high enough level. And yea, I gotta get her, at least until Squirrel Girl gets added to the game. And you KNOW she's in the game because the first video for the game showed a note on the notice board that talked about how you shouldn't follow the rules about feeding the squirrels and tippy toe likes popcorn.

Hopefully Kamala will be added to Future Fight at some point soon. And of course Squirrel Girl. And Hellcat. And all the Young Avengers (loki can get a kid loki costume).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

tell me more about the dating mechanics

how open is Avengers Academy to my ships twistedmentat

how gay is this game going to let things get

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You'll get Kamala real soon I'm sure. Squirrel Girl has been hinted at by NightNurse as well. We should see a lot of characters this year.

Hey, the sooner the better.

Oh and Hellcat...yeah that'd be really cool.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

add this to the OP ICR.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Finally some update news...

CM NightNurse posted:

1. 1 New Character joins the fight!

A new Character joins the fight!

2. New Stages in Villain Siege!

3 More Villains have been placed on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s most wanted list. We need to track down Yellowjacket, Ultron and Loki to ensure the safety of this world.

3. New Daily Mission – Stage 6 designed for Lv.60s

A new deadly daily mission location has been discovered. Approach with extreme caution, as these missions will require only the strongest of characters!

It turns out that these facilities have more ISO-8 than other target locations!

4. New 6 Star Skills

After months of training, 6 of our esteemed characters have developed a new weapon in their arsenals! The following characters have unlocked their 6 star skills:

Hulk, Red Hulk, Hulkbuster, Drax, Captain Marvel and….Who? Who is this “Star-Lord”?

5. Hero Revamp

Some heroes are getting tweaked to more effectively smash their enemies. Currently we have no further information on these changes, but we are making use of our newest addition to decipher the texts we received.

Quiz Time:

Agents,

This is your chance to take away 200 Crystals as we head into the next patch! We will be giving you clues as to who the next character will be , and we will pick 200 correct answers to take away 200 Crystals. Only 200 Agents can get the crystals, so good luck agents!

Clue number 1: The next character will have black hair!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

marvel heroes denied me kamala but here she comes for future fight yall

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adding that Pyronic.
And oh god the new patch yaaaasssss!!! That sounds awesome. All that. God yes.

Six new 6*. New levels. Some new character gently caress yes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also, more hot time coming. No boosted gold, sadly, but at least it's got the reduced energy cost.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You also missed this for token boxes:

quote:

Hulk and Hulkbuster out. Antman and Panther in.

Red hulk out. Thor in.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Finally new content.

I bought all the Tom Hiddleston packages during the Winter Whale events and if my math is correct, I will have enough to max out only 2 gear assuming the semi bad outcomes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You also missed this for token boxes:

So I did! But that's great enough to warrant its own post.

CM NightNurse also clarified that Red Hulk won't be leaving the chest offerings, so this is strictly the "500 tokens for 3 bios" exchange. Going to be a lot harder to farm Red Hulk, now- he's where Gamora used to be (i.e. only as a random roll in the Honor Token chests, which are earned slower than Chaos Tokens). And right when he gets a 6* skill, too.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Woo great news!

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
On one hand, that saddens me.

On the other hand we have another way to get better characters.

I'll take it.

E: Though of course, this is as those 3 are getting 6* skills. So this may not be so yay.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What drax finally getting a 6 star?!?! Oh snap!
New character that must be mine so I can safely say I've caught them all?!?!
AND some new content

Stoked does not begin to describe my excitement

My one gripe so far? Can't invite people to team up play :/ would love to goon it up

On that note I freed up 3 friend slots and need more goons to give my love points too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kelp Plankton posted:

tell me more about the dating mechanics

how open is Avengers Academy to my ships twistedmentat

how gay is this game going to let things get

Widow keeps dening Tony, Wasp just wants to be around him because he's famous, and Wasp and Widow went on a date. Kinda, They were dancing together.

Or was it Widow and Spider-Woman? Anyways, there was totally lady dates.

• Locked thread