Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

It's like...I get the spirit of what they're trying to say, but then they ruin it with this SovCit bullshit.

DUI: a victimless crime.

I mean I didn't even hit any of the cars I swerved towards, you racketeering statist criminal gangster tyrant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

I mean I didn't even hit any of the cars I swerved towards, you racketeering statist criminal gangster tyrant

I believe you will find that I said "I take full responsibility" which means that my actions had no consequences for anyone but myself , even the person I hit

That's freedom

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I was going more for civil forfeiture actually, statist that I am.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Defenestration posted:

I believe you will find that I said "I take full responsibility" which means that my actions had no consequences for anyone but myself , even the person I hit

That's freedom

You can be sure the private court system my daddy owns will do a fair and reasonable job of determining the market value of your paralyzed nine-year-old, ma'am

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
I don't get how someone can be 100% free market woo awesome and then post this and miss the message. Like, we recently saw with that douchebag whatshisface who jacked up the price of his $4 pill to $1000 without any government sanctioned monopoly. Maybe our idea of value isn't all that great. It's also probably naive to assume consumers are the ones who really set prices for lots of goods.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That Milton shirt does own though.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Yeah I'd buy that Milton shirt.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm not sure what to take away from this? We should bring back slave Aunt Jemima and minstrel shows or what

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

I get the argument against "victimless crimes," but I didn't realize they opposed prosecuting crimes with only theoretical victims. So if I shoot a gun wildly in a crowded area and don't hit anyone, I go free? Or, to put it another way:

"Attempted murder! Now really, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for 'Attempted Chemistry?'"

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Klaus88 posted:

Alan Moore just can't write anarchist and objectivst characters without assholes latching onto those characters. :smithcloud:

A shame, since he usually does a good job of showing how much those philosophies suck.

It's a shame Alan Moore kinda just burned out (too many spliffs the size of table legs?) because V for Vendetta really was masterwork. Alan Moore sought out to not only realistically portray fascists but to also touch on the very human reasons they exist. The same way he was able to fairly portray multiple viewpoints in Watchmen, from a middling American liberal to outright right wing whack jobs (he would have had to read a bunch of American rightwing literature to do so and I commend him). And from an Anarchist no less.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

I'm not sure what to take away from this? We should bring back slave Aunt Jemima and minstrel shows or what

How does that even work on any level? A leprechaun is a mythical creature from Ireland, not a racial slur. This would only make sense if people were protesting Until Dawn for using wendigo.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VitalSigns posted:

"Let me wear blackface to be Kanye for Halloween"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I want a loving American Flag print Budweiser outfit now. How else can I slam Bud Diesel and exercise my 2nd amendment rights in public without that?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

VitalSigns posted:

STOP BEING OFFENDED AT MY OFFENSE!!

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

VitalSigns posted:

I'm guessing those totally non-offended Irish people would feel differently if we actually brought back the stuff that people used to do to actually bash them.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
It's easy to not be offended once you've been accepted as fully white and no longer experience systemic oppression on a daily basis.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fulchrum posted:

How does that even work on any level? A leprechaun is a mythical creature from Ireland, not a racial slur. This would only make sense if people were protesting Until Dawn for using wendigo.
The leprechaun is dressed as a stereotypical Irishman though. Just not one doing anything stereotypically demeaning. Maybe if they'd made him drunk and vomiting rainbows into the bowl and the cereal was called "Lucky gently caress Off Home Micks" then people might be offended. Which wouldn't be far off the mark of a lot of the past products that were removed due to being racially insensitive.

Lol at the idea that the Irish aren't offended by jack because they're not pussies though. The mere idea of a woman deciding what to do with her eight week old embryo is enough to send a fair chunk of old Irish people into a letter writing frenzy.

If they were looking for a product with an actual racist origin that nobody cares about now, they should have picked Scotch Tape.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Scotch tape was racist? Are Scottish known for being sticky?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Who What Now posted:

Stingy.

I guess the tape didn't have enough adhesive early in the development process and it got nicknamed scotch because the managers were accused of being stingy with adhesive.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

back in the day 'scotch' meant 'stingy' or 'cheap' so scotch tape is 'cheap tape that penny pinching scots buy' the idea being that scotch tape isn't too sticky

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Huh. So is that why they made the character of Scrooge Mcduck Scottish?

Does that mean Scrooge Mcduck is a racist caricature?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Crain posted:

Only against other ducks, the greedy fuckers.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Going back to this to ask if someone has called the SSA OIG to report this fraud.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

A week ago I overheard a white guy bitching to his wife and kids about how the local English style pub that they were storming out of didn't have a children's menu or something and phrased his complaint as "THAT PLACE SHOULD JUST HAVE HAD A SIGN THAT SAYS NO KIDS DO DOGS NO IRISH!!"

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458

Saw this linked on Facebook a couple times today, along with all the snack jokes for the last few weeks. Can someone explain why the post office is delivering mail that's directly assisting terrorists?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Beast Pussy posted:

Saw this linked on Facebook a couple times today, along with all the snack jokes for the last few weeks. Can someone explain why the post office is delivering mail that's directly assisting terrorists?

They didn't give the refuge address - the stuff just shows up at that zipcode post office and they collect it since no one is stopping them from travelng around in stolen federal vehicles.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe if they'd made him drunk and vomiting rainbows into the bowl and the cereal was called "Lucky gently caress Off Home Micks"

:roflolmao:

I would so buy this, as a proud pale freckly part-Irish fucker.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

McDowell posted:

They didn't give the refuge address - the stuff just shows up at that zipcode post office and they collect it since no one is stopping them from travelng around in stolen federal vehicles.

Why not? Is anyone at all accountable for this poo poo? I've been out of the country, so I haven't been following it too closely, but I feel like someone is at least nominally responsible for all the poo poo they've taken and are occupying. Is no one besides the LIEberal media mass about this?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Beast Pussy posted:

Why not? Is anyone at all accountable for this poo poo? I've been out of the country, so I haven't been following it too closely, but I feel like someone is at least nominally responsible for all the poo poo they've taken and are occupying. Is no one besides the LIEberal media mass about this?

Your guess is as good as mine :shepface:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beast Pussy posted:

While I definitely feel that they're getting leniency they wouldn't otherwise if they weren't white, it seems like the policy is to let them keep cosplaying revolutionaries until they get bored and quit, rather than make martyrs of them.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

That's pretty disappointing. But I guess it makes sense. I thought there was a more legitimate stand off going on. If it's just an empty building with a bunch of hicks and dildos in the woods, I guess we can let them have their fun.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

This is from one of those 24/7 meme reposters, so it's not like this is all he posts, but it is all from the last 3 days.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Yeah, they really oughta' make filing a false police report a crime.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

This is from one of those 24/7 meme reposters, so it's not like this is all he posts, but it is all from the last 3 days.

What the actual gently caress.....

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

LunarShadow posted:

What the actual gently caress.....

Don't let me punch you in a boxing ring, then call the police if I punch you on the street.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

But the weird thing is, in his first appearance, Scrooge being cheap was presented as a great thing, while Gladstone Gander was literally Hitler for spending any money.

[url]https://youtu.be/XNMrMFuk-bo
[/url]

Beast Pussy posted:

Has anyone pointed out the irony of a viciously anti government group getting aid via the government run mailing system?

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

I got 99 problems and they're all with this Facebook post.

quote:

Just a Shotgun

You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door.

Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers.

At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way.

With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.

You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it.

In the darkness, you make out two shadows.

One holds something that looks like a crowbar.

When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire.

The blast knocks both thugs to the floor.

One writhes and screams while the second man crawls to the front door and lurches outside.

As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble.

In your country, most guns were outlawed years before, and the few that are privately owned are so stringently regulated as to make them useless..

Yours was never registered.

Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died.

They arrest you for First Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm.

When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.

"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing.

"Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper. Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys.

Their friends and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them..

Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times.

But the next day's headline says it all:

"Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die."

The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters..

As the days wear on, the story takes wings.

The national media picks it up, then the international media.

The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win.

The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects.

After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time.

The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.

A few months later, you go to trial.

The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted.

When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you..

Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man.

It doesn't take long for the jury to convict you of all charges.

The judge sentences you to life in prison.

This case really happened.

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and wounded a second.

In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term...

How did it become a crime to defend one's own life in the once great British Empire ?

It started with the Pistols Act of 1903.

This seemingly reasonable law forbade selling pistols to minors or felons and established that handgun sales were to be made only to those who had a license.

The Firearms Act of 1920 expanded licensing to include not only handguns but all firearms except shotguns..

Later laws passed in 1953 and 1967 outlawed the carrying of any weapon by private citizens and mandated the registration of all shotguns.

Momentum for total handgun confiscation began in earnest after the Hungerford mass shooting in 1987.

Michael Ryan, a mentally disturbed man with a Kalashnikov rifle, walked down the streets shooting everyone he saw.

When the smoke cleared, 17 people were dead.

The British public, already de-sensitized by eighty years of "gun control", demanded even tougher restrictions.

(The seizure of all privately owned handguns was the objective even though Ryan used a rifle.)

Nine years later, at Dunblane , Scotland , Thomas Hamilton used a semi-automatic weapon to murder 16 children and a teacher at a public school.

For many years, the media had portrayed all gun owners as mentally unstable, or worse, criminals.

Now the press had a real kook with which to beat up law-abiding gun owners.

Day after day, week after week, the media gave up all pretense of objectivity and demanded a total ban on all handguns.

The Dunblane Inquiry, a few months later, sealed the fate of the few sidearms still owned by private citizens.

During the years in which the British government incrementally took away most gun rights, the notion that a citizen had the right to armed self-defense came to be seen as vigilantism.

Authorities refused to grant gun licenses to people who were threatened, claiming that self-defense was no longer considered a reason to own a gun.

Citizens who shot burglars or robbers or rapists were charged while the real criminals were released.

Indeed, after the Martin shooting, a police spokesman was quoted as saying,

"We cannot have people take the law into their own hands."

All of Martin's neighbors had been robbed numerous times,

and several elderly people were severely injured in beatings by young thugs who had no fear of the consequences.

Martin himself, a collector of antiques, had seen most of his collection trashed or stolen by burglars.

When the Dunblane Inquiry ended, citizens who owned handguns were given three months to turn them over to local authorities.

Being good British subjects, most people obeyed the law.

The few who didn't were visited by police and threatened with ten-year prison sentences if they didn't comply.

Police later bragged that they'd taken nearly 200,000 handguns from private citizens.

How did the authorities know who had handguns?

The guns had been registered and licensed.

Kind of like cars. Sound familiar?

WAKE UP AMERICA ; THIS IS WHY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS PUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN OUR CONSTITUTION.

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams

If you think this is important, please forward to everyone you know.

You had better wake up, because Obama is doing this very same thing, over here, if he can get it done

The UN Small Arms Treaty that Hilary is negotiating would take away our 2nd Amendment rights.

And there are stupid people in congress and on the street that will go right along with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just remember - the reason the Japanese didn't invade the USA is because they knew that most

of the citizens were armed.

I'd touch the poop but I'm not even sure where to start.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

S-U-P-E-R posted:

I got 99 problems and they're all with this Facebook post.

I'd touch the poop but I'm not even sure where to start.

Literally right at the beginning of said treaty where it "reaffirms the sovereign right of any State to regulate and control conventional arms exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional system."

also lol at

quote:

Just remember - the reason the Japanese didn't invade the USA is because they knew that most

of the citizens were armed.
sure, that was the reason.

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 13, 2016

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Jurgan posted:

Don't let me punch you in a boxing ring, then call the police if I punch you on the street.

No, I get that. My response is that it is baffling someone would be so stupid to make a macro like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Don't let me cut you in an operating room and then call the police if I cut you in a bar.