Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know if many people in this thread know or care at all about Mafia games, let alone want to read one they weren't playing in, but I just completed a role madness Mafia game based on Stardust Crusaders that might be of interest to some of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I finally buckled down and read the last volume of part 7.

Lucy Steel is the most badass motherfucker in the world.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Moltrey posted:

Part 6 is really good

this is literally the only time something bizarre happened in JoJo and a character showed the slightest bit of bafflement or confusion.

There's plenty of examples, mostly Speedwagon, Avdol and anyone near Joseph.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Momomo posted:

drat straight she is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Emporio is a damned good speedwagon

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emporio sucks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Baal having bad opinions? This must be the work of-actually wait no this is just standard baal behavior nvrmnd

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
baalhavior

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes the bad opinion of child character with no interesting character traits whatsoever being a boring character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My stand is literally I make a room that I'm going to die in later, wait no the villain decided to monologue, it's all good guys.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Emporio is very cool, he has a Ghost Computer he uses sometimes and he uses his Stand so cool people like Weather Report don't actually have to be in prison and somehow Annasui is there I guess

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Weather Report's latent cool was what allowed Emporio to win. It comes along with the Stand disc.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Yes the bad opinion of child character with no interesting character traits whatsoever being a boring character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Weather Report owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

My stand is literally I make a room that I'm going to die in later, wait no the villain decided to monologue, it's all good guys.

he didnt survive because pucci decided to monologue, he survived because he tricked pucci into changing fate so that emporio could do something he wasn't predestined to do

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
some hosed poo poo happens to Emporio like getting electrocuted over and over and pissing blood and hanging out with alternate universe versions of his friends so i feel bad for him. Please be okay, Emporio

also

Baal posted:

Weather Report owns

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I literally have no opinion on Emporio one way or the other, which is almost an indictment in and of itself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
burning down the house is a really cool stand in what it lets emporio do and his part in the jail house lock fight is amazing and emporio is a really good speedwagon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

So I finally buckled down and read the last volume of part 7.

Lucy Steel is really cool.

Baal posted:

Emporio's stand is good actually.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

he didnt survive because pucci decided to monologue, he survived because he tricked pucci into changing fate so that emporio could do something he wasn't predestined to do

The brilliant trick of pissing his pants until the disc randomly fell out of his hat and Pucci punched it into him

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I will say I don't really care for any of Dio's sons who show up in Part 6.

Pucci is a great villain though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

they got cool Stands, at least

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Versace does some pretty cool stuff with his stand and so I like him because of that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Which all came about because Pucci refused to flat out kill him and instead decided to play with his food and monologue at him because he is a bad character

Bad Seafood posted:

Pucci is a great villain though.

They're all pretty lovely. Versace is like the only one with potential and even he kinda squanders it by becoming second fiddle halfway into his fight.

Cool stands on all of them though

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That one dude saw Jolyne set herself on fire and thought it was so cool he immediately set himself on fire as well. And I can respect that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i still wish giorno had shown up in stone ocean

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's annoying that Vines have to be linked:

https://vine.co/v/ihMzuKiA6D3

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That one dude saw Jolyne set herself on fire and thought it was so cool he immediately set himself on fire as well. And I can respect that.

It was really loving cool. Setting yourself on fire to beat your opponent is always super cool, that's why Dragon's Dogma is a good game

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baal posted:

Which all came about because Pucci refused to flat out kill him and instead decided to play with his food and monologue at him because he is a bad character

Yeah, that's something no Jojo villain has ever done before.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i still wish giorno had shown up in stone ocean

same

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

The brilliant trick of pissing his pants until the disc randomly fell out of his hat and Pucci punched it into him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Momomo posted:

Yeah, that's something no Jojo villain has ever done before.

I can't think of a jojo villain who did it except like Kars

Literally everyone always tried to go in for the kill while monologuing and in Kira's case he had to follow goofy rear end rules because of his powers

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

dogsicle posted:

they got cool Stands, at least

Baal posted:

They're all pretty lovely. Versace is like the only one with potential and even he kinda squanders it by becoming second fiddle halfway into his fight.

Cool stands on all of them though
Underworld is alright, albeit a little inherently uninteresting to me. My favorite fights are typically the ones where the bad guy has to pull his own weight rather than just siccing his stand on somebody and standing back while they puzzle it out. That aside, it's a cool-looking stand with a really cool power which leads to some tight situations for Jolyne and friends so I'm good with it. Bohemian Rhapsody though, man, I really can't get into it. Too abstract, too cosmic, too powerful, and I'm still not quite sure how the crew managed to beat it. We got some memorable scenes out of it at least, but I wouldn't call it a good stand or a good fight.

I have no opinion on Sky High.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Bohemian Rhapsody because it sort of gets into that spot of me that likes childish stories and genital mutilation threats are always funny to me. Sky High's cool, the fight itself was sort of whatever aside from said Jolyne self-fire lightning, but flying dicks was always p cool to me if only for how abstract and trivia laden that stuff was.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bohemian Rhapsody had a cool effect, that's about all it needed for me. Underworld i don't remember, but Sky High is one of my favorites because it's total bullshit and Jolyne sets herself on fire to win.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

and I'm still not quite sure how the crew managed to beat it.

weather report made his own OC, and bohemian rhapsody brought it to life, because weather report at that time was van gogh

Baal posted:

tried to go in for the kill while monologuing

maybe you should read the end of stone ocean again because pucci does exactly this, monologuing only while chasing emporio down and forcing him back to his stand room, and then while emporio is hidden in burning down the house, he puts up the disc so that made in heaven's fist punches the disc in instead

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weather Report beat Bohemian Rhapsody by making his own original character and that's really funny to me.

Also Kira "losing" the Sheer Heart Attack fight because he hosed up and mentioned Josuke being a Stand User to his face was always dumb to me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pucci walks down the loving hallway for pages on end, he does not go in for the kill especially since his stand lets him be super fast. The only time he attacks him after the initial time is when Emporio trips over himself on the stairs and falls into the wedge in the wall and that's the the attack that fucks him. Like he actual briskly walks through the hallway as Emporio is running for his life and even takes the time to slowly open a gate between him and Emporio, it is nothing like any of the other villains and even then he drops the ball insanely hard.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Bohemian Rhapsody had a cool effect, that's about all it needed for me. Underworld i don't remember, but Sky High is one of my favorites because it's total bullshit and Jolyne sets herself on fire to win.

Underworld is cool because he traps Jolyne and Hermes in a plane crash from 50 years ago and there's some really creative use of Kiss and Stone Free to save them both and also protect two kids Versace drops in as well. And then he summons the Miami Dolphins to attack them.

Moltrey posted:

Also Kira "losing" the Sheer Heart Attack fight because he hosed up and mentioned Josuke being a Stand User to his face was always dumb to me.

Wasn't that the Another One Bites the Dust fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Moltrey posted:

He'd already lost, that was just the clincher.