Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

mrkillboy posted:

:siren: Adult Swim Games just posted a link on Twitter for anyone wanting to get their hands on Pocket Mortys a day early: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.turner.pocketmorties

Its apparently for the first thousand only so get squanching!

poo poo yes, thanks bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am a tester but the links to download the game doesn't work.

Thanks pointless regionalism in games!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Here's the link to the actual Google Play page if anyone missed out and wants to bookmark it or something: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.pocketmorties

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mrkillboy posted:

Here's the link to the actual Google Play page if anyone missed out and wants to bookmark it or something: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.pocketmorties

Awesome! Thought I've never installed something through the browser, always though the play store.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Played a bit of pocket morties.

Beat-for-beat recreation of Pokemon, minus the story elements and dumbed down a bit. Dungeons are randomly generated. Wild morties appear on-screen, no random encounters. IAP for gacha machine rolls for new morties and random items. There's a crafting system but I haven't found a payoff yet, just combined crafting components to make more crafting components. Music includes chiptune version of Goodbye Moonman. Haven't found a way to get more Pokeballs Mortyballs Morty manipulator chips yet.

Fun so far. A good attempt at boiling Pokemon down to something you can do while taking a poo poo. Would have rather paid cash for a full-on version with a persistent world and a plot, but this is in line with what I expected.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm not liking how I can't turn off battle animations. Also seconding a lack of morty chips. Anyone find any recipes yet?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Funkmaster General posted:

Pokemon. randomly generated

Man... I need a PokeRL in my life.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

mrkillboy posted:

:siren: Adult Swim Games just posted a link on Twitter for anyone wanting to get their hands on Pocket Mortys a day early: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.turner.pocketmorties

Its apparently for the first thousand only so get squanching!

Thanks bud!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man pocket mortys is a bit tough too. A single one on one fight usually takes half my mortys health. And healing potions are pricey as gently caress.

Also I can buy pokeballs morty manipulatior chips after I got 3 badges. They are 500 whatever the money is.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Alehkhs posted:

Man... I need a PokeRL in my life.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are sort of that.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Chinook posted:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are sort of that.

Eh... that looks more like a roguelike with Pokemon-as-race.I want more of the collection and combat aspects of the vanilla games (although, I'm not really familiar with anything beyond Red/Blue :shrug:) but with roguelike dungeons and randomization. I don't know.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got the download to work. Anyone actually getting cut off?

Edit: Also, does anyone else have a weird black bar across the bottom of their battle screen? It's not in the way and it seems to be behind everything else. Just weird looking.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 13, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Star Trek Timelines talk again for those interested, found an updated version, but it looks like they broke the account sync, so kept getting some error about being unable to login.

There is a little reset button in the bottom left, which when clicked which appears to have fixed the issue and I can play again, albeit right from the start.

Probably won't invest too much time until they release it proper if I'm potentially going to loose all progress again, but fun for a little time waster.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I spent $10 on the Blips and Chitz machine in Rick and Morty because gently caress it, it's Rick and Morty, and now I have more Mortys than I know what to do with..

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Star trek timelines beta ended last night so I'm not really sure what you are playing.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Rick and Morty game is fun, not liking how I can't leave dimensions until I beat them though. I guess it forces me to not hoard healing items and use them, but the pokemon childhood within me cringes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone know if you have to force it to Save to Cloud every time or if it's constantly doing that in the background?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Zotix posted:

Star trek timelines beta ended last night so I'm not really sure what you are playing.

No idea, I just logged in and did a few missions, so its definitely still connecting somewhere!?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It's out in the US at least now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Does anyone know if you have to force it to Save to Cloud every time or if it's constantly doing that in the background?

I've closed the app and never saved and it keeps my place.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

DemonMage posted:

It's out in the US at least now.

Yeah it's out here in Canada too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goddamn, all these solid games out at once.

People playing both, what's the consensus on the Star Wars team battle game vs the Star Trek one that just came out?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Oh gently caress star trek is out wow.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines

Let's get a guild going asap. I'll be playing tonight at work

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
Just downloaded. Didn't play the beta so I have no idea what I am doing.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Having not played the beta, I'm thinking that I enjoy this Star Trek game more than the Star Wars game within ten minutes of playing, despite generally liking Star Wars as a franchise better. The away missions are more fun than they should be, considering there isn't much gameplay involved in them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zander13 posted:

Just downloaded. Didn't play the beta so I have no idea what I am doing.

oh man, John DeLancie intro. I'm sold.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Rick and Morty game is fun, not liking how I can't leave dimensions until I beat them though. I guess it forces me to not hoard healing items and use them, but the pokemon childhood within me cringes.

You can let yourself black out to get back to the citadel, if you want. There's no real penalty as far as I can tell, other than missing out on the stuff in that dimension (since the next time you go into the portal, you'll end up in a newly generated one).

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Hmm it finally let me log in and it appears that although my progress has reset I'm still part of goonfleet?!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funkmaster General posted:

You can let yourself black out to get back to the citadel, if you want. There's no real penalty as far as I can tell, other than missing out on the stuff in that dimension (since the next time you go into the portal, you'll end up in a newly generated one).

Good to know I can grind Morty levels that way. Also there's already a subreddit for the game because of course there is.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Downloaded the Star Trek game. Little sad that they have VIP levels, as that usually gives a pretty big advantage to the big spenders. In heroes charge, the difference was pretty enormous.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It doesn't seem to bad, but that's from someone who spends money on these games typically. I'll assess it some more once I finish my initial stuff at work.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

It doesn't seem to bad, but that's from someone who spends money on these games typically. I'll assess it some more once I finish my initial stuff at work.

I didn't look. In some games it's not so bad, like future fight. In others, like Heroes Charge, it was a big difference, e.g., getting double rewards from the Galactic War-equivalent.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Real problem with Timelines is they give almost no way of getting the premium dudes and no free premium currency, at least in beta you hit this wall where you lovely white/green dudes just aren't good enough for missions, hopefully they fixed that some.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I'm gonna grab Star Trek Timlines, how do I get into the goon fleet?

I think I can do both this and the SWGOH for a bit but I'll have to pick one, I can only handle one of these games.

If it's true that this one is more p2w and hits a wall soon that will suck, I got suckered into paying for Heroes Charge and some others a bit and am pretty happy with how much fun I have had and how far I have gotten is SWGOH without even really being tempted to spend any money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat there are way too many games i want to play right now. And my friend says I should by a 3ds, my phone provides me with all the portable gaming goodness I could ever need.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
The leader is just a place holder in goon fleet. Think we need to make a new one. They've defiantly tweaked the XP and rewards, both feel much higher than the beta. After about an hour I'm already lvl 12, whereas before I think I got to like 14 after a few days of play.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Joined goonfleet. I'm on as Windborn. It's all one word right?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

For the pocket morty

The recipe list has already been discovered, here is the list if you want it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PocketMortys/comments/40roix/recipes/

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

twistedmentat posted:

God drat there are way too many games i want to play right now. And my friend says I should by a 3ds, my phone provides me with all the portable gaming goodness I could ever need.

After a few hours of pocket mortys I can say you are better served with just about everything on the 3ds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Roid666 posted:

The leader is just a place holder in goon fleet. Think we need to make a new one. They've defiantly tweaked the XP and rewards, both feel much higher than the beta. After about an hour I'm already lvl 12, whereas before I think I got to like 14 after a few days of play.

Is there anyway to go back and redo missions so you can grind for all of the rare loot for 3 stars? It doesn't seem like it from what I've played around with.