Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Stan Kroenke is Mr. Burns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chinatown posted:

i feel this is an appropriate video

https://youtu.be/0-d-Hf5Zzn4

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
We're going to need a baby and a gun.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Reminder that the two teams with the worst stadiums are still left holding their dicks until further notice.

Reminder that the St Louis plan to keep the Rams was deemed inadequate by the NFL because it was 100 million short

The NFL is offering both the Raiders and the Chargers 100 million to stay in place

Eat the rich imo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
remember when everyone realized that st louis is a dystopian hell where negros are systematically oppressed and murdered without cause and then the whole city burned lol

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chinatown posted:

remember when everyone realized that st louis is a dystopian hell where negros are systematically oppressed and murdered without cause and then the whole city burned lol

So just like L.A.?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chinatown posted:

Rodney King does, it looked familiar

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Rodney King is dead. He drowned in a swimming pool while high on every drug known to man. Baller.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

Rodney King does, it looked familiar

was he on the rams or raiders?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Today was more exciting than any Chargers game this year.

I wish there was a camera recording the exact moment Spanos' heart broke.

Somehow I feel like the Chargers are going to end up in a stadium downtown, which is probably what should have happened in the first place, but I'm not sure if I can still be a fan of any franchise with Spanos' lame-rear end ownership seeping out of it.

Also, I am sorry, Rams fans. If the world was more just cities would own the teams.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Reminder that the two teams with the worst stadiums are still left holding their dicks until further notice.

Reminder that the St Louis plan to keep the Rams was deemed inadequate by the NFL because it was 100 million short

The NFL is offering both the Raiders and the Chargers 100 million to stay in place

Eat the rich imo

I loving hate the top 1%

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Excelzior posted:

so wait Kroenke just basically won dibs on LA and can now screw the ever living daylights outta the other two owners?

AFTER all 3 teams basically burned their bridges outta town and pissed on the ashes?

To be fair i doubt the Raiders fans will hold it against them too much. "Yeah this area and stadium's a shithole, we'd consider leaving too. No hard feelings. *sits down to watch Carr2Cooper for the next 5+ years* :munch:"

San Diego, though :commissar:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lol gently caress owners

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

goddamn

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Yikes, that's terrible. Like, karma has to be a thing for people who are just this much of an rear end in a top hat, right?

Well, at the very least as an STL resident, at least we are stuck paying off for a stadium that I guess we can use for something else one day (MLS? NBA?) rather than paying off for two stadiums when the owner is still likely to take his ball and go home in another few years for some new poo poo anyway.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Side note, we can embed tweets now, by using the URL when clicking on the tweet and clicking 'Copy link to Tweet'
code:
[url]https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/687088040276197376[/url]
https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/687088040276197376

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't believe that shitass dome is only 20 years old.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

Side note, we can embed tweets now, by using the URL when clicking on the tweet and clicking 'Copy link to Tweet'
code:
[url]https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/687088040276197376[/url]
https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/687088040276197376

I didn't want to risk the chance of that treasure ever being deleted

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I can't believe that shitass dome is only 20 years old.

I know, what the gently caress.

The Q is goddamn 50.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bip Roberts posted:

How do stadiums get that expensive. US Bank stadium is 1.0 billion. How do you get 270% more expensive than that for the same total product. I would guess the land price in Inglewood vs. Downtown Minneapolis don't make up the difference.

They're building a lot of things there in addition to the arena; hotels, offices, condos, etc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Inglewood stadium is gonna dwarf Jerrywold

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ross Angeles posted:

The Q is goddamn 50.

And O.co is a year older. Holy crap.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ross Angeles posted:

im kinda ok with that

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spoeank posted:

And O.co is a year older. Holy crap.

So the Rams are going to play in a 95 year old stadium next year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

someone's gotta lose! (it's the rams, and nick foles)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

It's going to make a great homeless shelter in 15 years

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bip Roberts posted:

USC is gonna have to loving rush to finish the renovation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the new face of Los Angeles: Case Keenum

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

The Q is goddamn 50.

Arrowhead's 43 years old, it's still a pretty awesome stadium after the renovations but it wouldn't surprise me if Clark Hunt started complaining about it again around 2020 or so.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Arrowhead's 43 years old, it's still a pretty awesome stadium after the renovations but it wouldn't surprise me if Clark Hunt started complaining about it again around 2020 or so.

Did the Royals ever play there? Qualcomm and O.Co were both designed as multi-sport stadiums, so maybe that's why they've aged so much compared to Arrowhead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

actually kroenke will probably demand the rams draft a QB to be the face of los angeles, so the new face of los angeles: Connor Cook

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
They're gonna sign Barkley, Leinart, and John David Booty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

They're gonna sign Barkley, Leinart, and John David Booty

What about Sanchez

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://youtu.be/9BruvXEsNb4

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Ross Angeles posted:

Did the Royals ever play there? Qualcomm and O.Co were both designed as multi-sport stadiums, so maybe that's why they've aged so much compared to Arrowhead

No, the Royals have always played in baseball-dedicated stadiums. Qualcomm has aged terribly because the financing structure of the stadium has never allowed for gradual improvements. After the expansion of the outfield area to accommodate for the Super Bowl they never really put any money into it, especially after they realized there was no reason to do it given the Chargers' deal with the city allows them to leave at almost any point.

At the Mountain West conference title game at Qualcomm they took the time to paint the aisles of the temporary endzone seats. They literally put a fresh coat of paint over the bubbles of rust that permeate that entire northern end zone. In a weird way I will miss the hell out of that place; the easy in and out for parking, the ample tailgating, and the feeling you get when you walk into your grandparents' garage and it's all musty and leaky but it feels like home.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

he deserves to lose the team for making a vertical video

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

No, Royals Stadium (Kauffman now) and Arrowhead were built at the same time, the Sports Complex was a two stadium plan from the start. So yeah that could absolutely be part of it.

e: Holy poo poo somehow I never knew this, you'd think I'd have heard old people cursing this guy's name:

quote:

In 1967, voters in Jackson County, Missouri approved the bonds for Truman Sports Complex, which featured a football stadium for the Kansas City Chiefs and a baseball stadium for the Kansas City Athletics, whose owner, Charles O. Finley, had just signed a new lease to remain in Kansas City. This was a very unusual proposal; conventional wisdom at the time held that separate football and baseball stadiums were not commercially viable. Before the 1968 season, however, Finley moved the A's to Oakland, California, and their brand-new multi-purpose stadium.

Mother fucker was having a brand new stadium built just for him and he moved anyway.

That's worse than Kroenke, Jesus.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 13, 2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Can you imagine the loving drive to inglewood from downtown on Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As an unattached team, I think the Raiders are better off renting st louis for a year than renting the poo poo rear end coliseum

• Locked thread