Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I dont know posted:

Tommy didn't ask him to stop killing, rather Tommy reacted with disgust when he learn that Oliver was the Hood. Then Oliver couldn't deal with the fact that his best friend died thinking that Oliver was no better than a common killer.

Yeah but then we got halucination Tommy and it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Batman's thing is no guns, people. None of them kill.

This is wrong, most superheroes have killed at least a few people. You must be thinking of GI Joes, Joes don't kill.

Also Batman uses guns sometimes, he just doesn't fire them at people because guns can kill. His thing is no killing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

losonti tokash posted:

The obvious compromise is for Diggle to not secretly be John Stewart but still become a Green Lantern for maximum confusion and canon related rageposts.

And then he turns out to have been the Martian Manhunter all along.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He should be Mr Terrific, revealed to secretly be a martian, and then the ring comes to him and he becomes the green Lantern.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Also Cyborg, Steel, Static, and Icon. Why not?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ville Valo posted:

Also Cyborg, Steel, Static, and Icon. Why not?

Well Static and Icon are Milestone Media characters. I'm not sure what the legal agreements between them and DC, but DC might not have free use of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DC has rights to them again right now.

InsanityLater
Jan 14, 2008

Borrowing Oracle is the least of this show's problems vs. the source material. They're doing as much as they can to stay away from the liberal politics that define the character. Even when he's running for office, you hear practically nothing about what exactly he wants to change.
Remember when the Green Arrow didn't need a goddamn earthquake machine as a reason to go after the greedy and exploitative?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wendy Meracle said "She's not becoming Oracle, idiots" in possibly not those exact words.

InsanityLater posted:

Borrowing Oracle is the least of this show's problems vs. the source material. They're doing as much as they can to stay away from the liberal politics that define the character. Even when he's running for office, you hear practically nothing about what exactly he wants to change.
Remember when the Green Arrow didn't need a goddamn earthquake machine as a reason to go after the greedy and exploitative?

Actually the character is defined by wearing green and shooting arrows.

InsanityLater
Jan 14, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Wendy Meracle said "She's not becoming Oracle, idiots" in possibly not those exact words.

Actually the character is defined by wearing green and shooting arrows.

Yeah almost like it's built off some other character in popular culture... something about taking from the rich and giving to the poor but he's pretty obscure you've probably never heard of him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Wayne Foundation funds numerous charitable enterprises and is one of the worlds largest and successful non profits

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

InsanityLater posted:

They're doing as much as they can to stay away from the liberal politics that define the character. Even when he's running for office, you hear practically nothing about what exactly he wants to change.

His campaign manager criticized him for some hippy dippy initiative he wanted to do, so it's in there. They might expand on it or they might not.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its not like telling stories about Green Arrow is Liberal automatically created good stories. There's plenty of overreaching dreck through the years; I remember Judd Winick's Arrow being very political and not in a good way. At all.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Like Batman gives a poo poo about the poor.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
You have to keep in mind that it's a TV show broadcast on a network station; making the protagonist too political could potentially alienate parts of the audience. I don't like it, but I can understand why they might shy away from that kind of characterization.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Man season 5 is gonna be weird.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Like Batman gives a poo poo about the poor.

Didn't his father fund the Gotham City metro or whatever to benefit working class people? I vaguely remember something about that in Batman Begins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Didn't his father fund the Gotham City metro or whatever to benefit working class people? I vaguely remember something about that in Batman Begins.

That's not a consistent element.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Leslie Thomokins clinic was founded by her and Bruce's dad and Bruce still funds that as well as other charities. Non profit management doesn't sell comics as well as punching a alligator man in the face though

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bad Moon posted:

Killed by muppets. Just like that old Tohunga matakite said :ohdear:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Bad Moon posted:

My name is Swedish Chef. After 5 years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal: bork bork bork bork bork.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Sure, Batman's dad funds that. Bruce Wayne on the other hand...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's not a consistent element.

The Wayne Foundation has been a thing in the comics for like 20 years and they do tons of charitable work.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Whizbang posted:

My name is Swedish Chef. After 5 years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal: bork bork bork bork bork.

god dammit now I can't breathe

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ha! Rewatching Queer as Folk and realized Stephen Amell is the bike instructor for Liberty Ride in season 4. Gotta figure out how to take a screenshot now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Install Lightshot and be marveled at why it isn't a standard feature on all computers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It is in Windows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Printscreen, open paint, paste, resize, upload?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Snipping Tool, which appears to be exactly what that does, has been in since 7.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ahh yeah i forgot about that.

This does more, direct uploads to social media, an image gallery and a google image search.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
b-b-but i need to complain about Windows :saddowns:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who's complaining about windows. It's my Pirate ship.

Mandem never diss his Pirate ship.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Extended trailer for the rest of Season 4

Spoilers, I guess.

Looks like the SS embargo only applies to Deadshot, since clearly there's going to be a fight between Katana and Nyssa

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I think my favorite part of the trailer is when Ollie is running to the right and then immediately transforms into a bike going 60+ mph.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Scyantific posted:

Extended trailer for the rest of Season 4

Spoilers, I guess.

Looks like the SS embargo only applies to Deadshot, since clearly there's going to be a fight between Katana and Nyssa

Also Huntress and Shado's sister is back?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Worth it for the ending.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I've been enjoying S4 so far, and this just psych's me up for the remaining episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

BrianWilly posted:

Worth it for the ending.

New thread title once it's not a spoiler I guess

• Locked thread