Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Oh yeah, been meaning to post this...managed to win though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Malgrin posted:

The Force is strong with this one.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Haha, happened to me a few days ago.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

stopgap1 posted:

The Force is strong with this one.

"Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them."

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Does this game ever get to a point where there's more accessible multiplayer or more in depth? It would be nice do be able to do more than like 3 battles in a row without needing to wait for a cooldown

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Not really. It's a phone game at its core, still.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I am just waiting to see what Biggs thing with ships is along with FOTP and Poe and the other big in fiction pilots. I bought did a gatcha and it got me enough Tarkin and Finn that they are both 5 stars. Tarkin does very bad things to the enemy team and Finn just wishes he hit like Tarkin on a crit that +5% per living ally thing is mean.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm wondering if the 50 crystal shipment refresh is worth it for equipment. Compared to blowing those crystals on energy for running missions. 50 crystals for the potential of a ton of pieces for different equipment over time might be the better spend.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Someone here linked to datamined characters info and it had a whole bunch of ships. TIE fighter description was basically "blows a lot of stuff up but very fragile," apparently there are control ships, AoE ships (bombers?). Dunno how synergy would work but it's right there in Biggs' description.

I tested Biggs' assist and it did not seem to be giving my ally 50% critical chance (at rank 3 of the ability). I guess I should count his crits, too.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm excited about ships and hope it adds a third energy meter.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Jibo posted:

I'm excited about ships and hope it adds a third energy meter.
Yea, this is my hope.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I forgot that there is one downside to farming Luke in Cantina over JC - you get Cantina shipments a little bit slower. I did the math, and for every 400 cantina points/whatevers you spend, you'd get an extra 30 if you'd farmed JC instead. So, roughly, for every 65 shards you earned for Poe/Daka/whatever by farming Luke, you'd get an extra 5 if you'd been farming JC. Not terribly significant, but, over enough time it becomes something. However, there is a later quest you can farm Luke on, and I don't know the cost/reward for that (might be the same as JC, not sure), but I'm going to start progressing just so that I can find out....

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

I'm wondering if the 50 crystal shipment refresh is worth it for equipment. Compared to blowing those crystals on energy for running missions. 50 crystals for the potential of a ton of pieces for different equipment over time might be the better spend.

I think it'd be same as blowing crystals on packs, you have no idea what you're going to get and would take forever to get things you wanted. Plus farming gives you the little extras like ally points, training droids, credits etc.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've actually done it now that my stuff reset. Long term I think it's a WAY better method of getting end-game mats. I know for 100 crystals I got 9+ end game materials. That's way better than farming at 1 per 40 energy. Sure you can't control what you are going to get, but over the course of a week you'll see it start to pay off better I think.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

I've actually done it now that my stuff reset. Long term I think it's a WAY better method of getting end-game mats. I know for 100 crystals I got 9+ end game materials. That's way better than farming at 1 per 40 energy. Sure you can't control what you are going to get, but over the course of a week you'll see it start to pay off better I think.

When you're at lvl cap losing the exp doesn't hurt, but when the cap goes up will you still do it? Hopefully we will get more challenges with the update to help, only time will tell I guess

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's tough to say. When they add more challenges I'll have to assess what the rewards are. I think even if they add challenges, It'll only drop gear that covers up to level 60, and we will still have gear that we can't get through challenges.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does the shipment refresh cost go up?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I keep getting the red alerts on my character tab, but can't see anything to train/upgrade when I look at the characters, what incredibly obvious thing am I missing??

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

50/50 and I stopped there. I wouldn't go past that.

I need an Ackbar. Seriously. The healing debuffs are loving dumb. Between Sidious and now Kylo, it's just out of control. I think the problem is they just last too long. Sidious's lasts what 2 rounds? 3 maybe? That's entirely too long when characters are 1 and 2 shotting people.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 13, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I keep getting the red alerts on my character tab, but can't see anything to train/upgrade when I look at the characters, what incredibly obvious thing am I missing??

It's a bug

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I have a theory, but I am way past the point of being able to test it. I think that whenever a sub-item for gear is able to be crafted, it counts that as a thing.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dely Apple posted:

He wants so many laptops.

Sheev needs 40 laptops just to put around his room, or something.

I may be on medication

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That's an OP-worthy picture. Well done.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
First time I haven't finished a GW since like, the first day I started playing them. I had to face 3 teams that were 10 levels above me, and the last battle has a 6* Lumi, 5* Sid, 5* Dooku. My 4* crew can't keep up. :(

On the other hand I finally got a Sid from Arena shipments!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
My first purple character was 2* Kit Fisto of all people. No one else in my roster seemed to use his gear so it just kind of happened. I hope there's a way to get his shards at some point because even at 2* he can take a beating.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Hit 6* kylo today. My credits are about to weep. I have 7 stars of Sid, lumi, and JC coming soon and by the time I pay that off kylo should be near ready.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Got to stay into the 50-100 bracket today for the first time, with my lvl 56-57 team. Purple geared Phasma to go along with Lumi and Asajj, could get Sid to purple too but his last slot down in the right corner is a pain. 1 Mk V purple item and 2 Mk IV purple items that all need 20 of the items below, halfway there though :shepicide:

Gonna get both Phasma and Sid to 5 stars tomorrow, maybe I'll just keep on pumping them up... or maybe Luminara to 6 instead. Phasma isn't quite so important to get high-starred first, it's not her DPS I'm after...

Whenever I can get Dooku up to a decent star rating (prognosis: In Forever) I'll sub out Talia, even if she's 5 stars... or maybe Daka/Vader if it strikes my fancy.

In good news I've unlocked Kylo Ren grind spot, so I know where my Cantina energons are going for the next couple of months (:suicide:).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Went to bed feeling accomplished that I broke the top 300 on my server for the first time, woke up in the mid 600's.. Goddammit.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
I run Luke as my leader in Arena and have been able to stay in the top 20's, dipping maybe into the 30's. I attribute this to my bracket being a newer one (nobody is level 60 yet) and people being afraid of challenging leader Luke when I'm surrounded by a sea of Sids and Phasmas.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

vandiar posted:

I run Luke as my leader in Arena and have been able to stay in the top 20's, dipping maybe into the 30's. I attribute this to my bracket being a newer one (nobody is level 60 yet) and people being afraid of challenging leader Luke when I'm surrounded by a sea of Sids and Phasmas.

I've got a 6-star Luminara. Looking at the rankings though, it looks like she's not en vogue anymore. Maybe I should put my 5-star Phasma up front. She'll be 6 before the end of the week anyway.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

Do you agree? What do you think?

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

:captainpop:

I love the official forums (what is up with their obsession around "cheating"? Are they all 12 years old? ...probably yes).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

Do you agree? What do you think?

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

No one tell him about force closing, please.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Haha, gently caress Galactic War. poo poo is getting harder and harder every day, and becoming less and less fun. Like every match now is like 6/7* FOTP, Sidious, Kylo Ren. Healing debuffs everywhere, 1 or 2 shot all characters. This is from like the 3 mission on. It ends up being like an hour to an hour and a half of unfun fuckery every day now.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young
Just unlocked allies, anyone wanna add me?

293-267-138

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Galactic war did the first two turns then it went from a team that is 1-3 levels higher than me like 42-43 to one that was 49-50 I could not beat that bullshit. Why was it in my range at level 40.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I get the feeling (especially at high level / stars) because HP/defense doesn't scale nearly as well as speed/DPS, as GW pulls from PVP teams all you'll get are tricked out speed-teams or whatever the meta is right now (depending on your server), and whelp...

Today was a good day for me in GW however, not a Kylo Ren, Maul or FOTP in sight. Bunch of Chewies, JC, occasional Luminara... bloody breeze compared to the past few days.

e: I think it allows to pull teams that are +/- 10 levels from you. The first few (up to 5-6 if you're lucky) will generally be 10 levels below and then it does a couple that are around your level, before really ramping up the bullshit towards the last 4 (and especially last 2).

Once you hit the leveling roof I suppose it just adds whatever 10 levels worth of power rating translates into Stars and there you go, full 7 star butt fuckin' squads out to ruin you.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 13, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fallorn posted:

Galactic war did the first two turns then it went from a team that is 1-3 levels higher than me like 42-43 to one that was 49-50 I could not beat that bullshit. Why was it in my range at level 40.

Happens to me all the time and my bench just isn't deep enough to eat a bunch of matches like that. Even force closing doesn't make a difference. My level 52 team got smashed by a full purple, full seven star Level 60 death squad the other day and no amount of anything can save you from 6k regular attack crits.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I honestly think part of their damage calculations are off, and we might see some changes with this patch. The characters with the highest physical damage stat don't necessarily do the highest damage, and a lot of times they are beaten by double and triple damage. Something is wrong with the scaling of something somewhere.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

Does the shipment refresh cost go up?

Yes.

Malgrin posted:

I have a theory, but I am way past the point of being able to test it. I think that whenever a sub-item for gear is able to be crafted, it counts that as a thing.

I'm like 99% certain this is correct. Not that it matters because eventually you will have so many useless level 1 dudes that could be geared or given skill levels that the alert would be full anyway.

Also :woop: I finally hit 60 today and got Sid up to 6 stars. Progress is so slow at this point though. Chewie and Sid both need like 60 purple items each to hit gear level 7 and I'm only bringing in about 15 a day even with stamina refreshes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Zotix posted:

Haha, gently caress Galactic War. poo poo is getting harder and harder every day, and becoming less and less fun. Like every match now is like 6/7* FOTP, Sidious, Kylo Ren. Healing debuffs everywhere, 1 or 2 shot all characters. This is from like the 3 mission on. It ends up being like an hour to an hour and a half of unfun fuckery every day now.

Yeah, I've gotten to this point now as well and it's just bullshit, I haven't finished GW in days. IŽd need double the number of characters I have now to have a chance, and all of them would have to be at least 5*. Not gonna happen anytime soon.

• Locked thread