Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

zakharov posted:

Only when my hot dog is sandwiched between your mom's buns

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Knormal posted:

Does anyone have any statistics on which breeds are most likely to open-carry?

It has to be some kind of hunting dog.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

It has to be some kind of hunting dog.

The correct answer is a Bullpup.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

chitoryu12 posted:

1. People who don't like guns will be on guard and probably afraid of you, especially if you walk into Chipotle with an SKS in your hands for no goddamn reason.

Something tells me that the kind of people who are gung-ho about open carry would see this as a bonus.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rick_Hunter posted:

Uh yeah so...nothing that Jastiger said has anything to do with '2nd Amendment trumps 1st Amendment.' Mulva was specifically talking about Docs vs. Glocks

I wasn't talking about the cases, though those cases are super hosed up. I was talking in practice this is what happens.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I found this website that definitely proves the point most people are making here: Pitbull owners are sorta bad.

Home Of The Abominable Pitbull Bully

Owners are bad (at web design)

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

nerdz posted:

I found this website that definitely proves the point most people are making here: Pitbull owners are sorta bad.

Home Of The Abominable Pitbull Bully

Owners are bad (at web design)

These things are bred with the intention of them looking badass too. Thing is handicapped by its own anatomy in half a dozen different ways. Super hardcore.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Why do people cut the ears off pitbulls in the US? :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

88h88 posted:

Why do people cut the ears off pitbulls in the US? :(

Same reason they do them to Dobermans. To make them look bad rear end. Funny part is Dobbies look way cooler with a tail and long ears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zakharov posted:

I personally don't, but understand that regionalisms and individual interpretations mean that others do consider a hot dog a sandwich. Have a nice day.

e: Also, cutting ears and tails on dogs is the dumbest thing. Please don't do it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mans posted:

Because there are more pitbulls than most other big dog breeds combined, ignoring just how many actually exist if you count illegal\unregistered pitbulls. And they're mostly owned by the scum of the earth that thinks having one is badass.

Put ten million german shepherds in the hands of chavs and wannabe gangsters and they news about german shepherd maulings will start soaring too.

They are a failed experiment, and do not need to continue to exist, for exactly these reasons. They are animals, a breed humans created for their own amusement, and we can let them die out as well. Just make it illegal to breed them, not own or adopt them, and the problem goes away over time. People who want to rescue the poor pitties and give them a good life still can, and can do so until their popularity dies off as they go away. Its a loving dog, get a different kind.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
C'mon baby, just the tip

http://i.imgur.com/lhFZUeh.webm

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

A White Guy posted:

Yeah, definitely this. Staffordshire Terriers are too nice to be guard dogs. They just don't have the temperament, even if the owner treats them like poo poo. My parents have owned Staffy's most of my life and every one of them has been a 60 pound sweetheart.

Shown: plotting to kill your children.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They are a failed experiment, and do not need to continue to exist, for exactly these reasons. They are guns, a device humans created for their own amusement, and we can let them die out as well. Just make it illegal to sell them, not own or operate them, and the problem goes away over time. People who want to kill the poor minorities and give them a short life still can, and can do so until their popularity dies off as they go away. Its a loving gun, get a different mind.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

im anti gun too but plz do not piggy back on my posts namaste

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

im anti gun too but plz do not piggy back on my posts namaste

How about this one then?

MAH FREEDOMS.

http://usuncut.com/news/militia-leader-shoots-and-kills-friend-in-drunken-fight/

US Uncut posted:

Vincent Smith, a right-wing organizer for the Paul Revere 2016 Final March to Restore America, fatally shot his co-founder Charles Carter in what appears to be self-defense during a drunken argument. The two men were organizing the march from the west coast to Washington D.C. with the intent of “removing the corrupt leadership that has taken over our beloved country and ousted her God and constitution.”

Their Facebook page continued ominously to state that, “It will be advertised that we will do this thing ‘As peacefully as possible’ But we will not be turned away.”

According to Bill Williamson, a friend and the failed organizer of 2 Million Bikers 2 DC, Carter was drunk and took Smith’s gun from his holster, at which point the sober Smith reacted quickly and pulled a spare gun, shooting Carter once between the eyes.

Authorities of Grayson County, TX, confirmed early on that one man had been shot in the head and that no arrests had been made. According to Williamson, Smith called him and said that U.S. Marshals agreed that his actions against Carter were in self-defense.

It is unclear if the march will continue, but several key members have stepped down since the attack, including Glen Estes, their “national road captain.”

Joe Bleaugh, a friend of Carter’s and a member of the Idaho Three Percent movement, which is tied to the Pacific Patriot Network who approached the Bundy militia with “Articles of Resolution” this Sunday, said in a Facebook post that his friend had “violated one of the first rules of firarms [sic] safety.”

“NEVER mix guns & booze,” continued Bleaugh. “Guns and booze do not mix. End of story, and unfortunately the end of Charles’ life. What a waste, and by his own hand.”

Texas law prohibits anyone from carrying a handgun while intoxicated, regardless of whether the gun is concealed or holstered.

Jastiger has a new favorite as of 18:26 on Jan 13, 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Same reason they do them to Dobermans. To make them look bad rear end. Funny part is Dobbies look way cooler with a tail and long ears:

I JUST WANT TO HUG HIM

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Texas gun owners find that the new open carry laws restrict them from more and more businesses:

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-carry-texas-chl-forum/

No joke I didn't hear about this first-hand but I knew the day it happened because all the stores around here and even apartment complexes and poo poo threw up "no open carry under TX law ####" overnight. :haw:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Whole lotta feelings about things i this thread. Maybe you should all become emotionless robots, like me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Roro posted:

Whole lotta feelings about things i this thread. Maybe you should all become emotionless robots, like me.

Growing up is the hardest part of being born a robot:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a point to this, other than plumbing the depths of uncanny valley?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

That thing is loving terrifying.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

KILL ME KILL MEEEEEE

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know how you found this, but please don't post my childhood videos online.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

frodnonnag posted:

That thing is loving terrifying.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Its a loving dog, get a different kind.

"Get rid of your adorably cuddly and eternally happy muscledog because it scares me"

:thumbsup:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

More dumb militiamen:

http://gawker.com/drama-alert-the-oregon-militia-boys-are-beefing-like-i-1751917762

quote:

Joe Oshaugnessy is a militiaman from Arizona who took a central role in fundraising, recruiting, and promoting the cause in Oregon from his various online accounts. But according to his former friends at the occupied refuge, he took the money and ran to a nearby hotel where he boozed and partied solo while his brothers in (heavy) arms stood out in the cold. All this was described in a tearful Facebook video posted by former comrade Cai Irvin (below, crying), who wept openly on camera after his buddy went AWOL.

Irvin added that “It’s like finding out there is no such thing as Santa...Come on, man.”

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

In my state, "no guns allowed" signs do not carry the force of law and ignoring the signs and bringing in a gun anyway is not a crime. If a business owner sees a toolbag walking around with a gun, he can ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, they can be charged with trespassing. This works the same as someone being asked to leave private property for any other reason.

This means that an armed person has three options. They can notice the sign and decide to shop elsewhere. They can shop at the store without announcing the fact that they have a gun or showing their gun to people, because under current law it is legal for them to do so and go about their day. Or they can be an OPEN CARRY ADVOCATE and scream and pass out pamphlets because rights are being violated and poo poo.

Keep fighting the good fight, folks.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

grumplestiltzkin posted:

"Get rid of your adorably cuddly and eternally happy muscledog because it scares me"

:thumbsup:

you can go ahead and keep it, just have it neutered

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Oregon militiamen are also pretty angry that people keep mailing them dildos
http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

In my state, "no guns allowed" signs do not carry the force of law and ignoring the signs and bringing in a gun anyway is not a crime. If a business owner sees a toolbag walking around with a gun, he can ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, they can be charged with trespassing. This works the same as someone being asked to leave private property for any other reason.

This means that an armed person has three options. They can notice the sign and decide to shop elsewhere. They can shop at the store without announcing the fact that they have a gun or showing their gun to people, because under current law it is legal for them to do so and go about their day. Or they can be an OPEN CARRY ADVOCATE and scream and pass out pamphlets because rights are being violated and poo poo.

Keep fighting the good fight, folks.

As far as I know, private businesses anywhere in the United States can't actually make guns illegal on their property if there isn't an existing law for it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

As far as I know, private businesses anywhere in the United States can't actually make guns illegal on their property if there isn't an existing law for it.

What does this post even mean? Duh? That's the point?

First, businesses can refuse anybody they want, as long as its not because of race or gender or other protected reasons. (Guns don't count)

Second, the whole point is that states have made exactly those kinds of laws. He was saying in his state they don't have such a law, but other states do, like Texas which we were just talking about. But even if the state doesn't have such a law, you can still refuse service or ask anybody to leave your private property.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

chitoryu12 posted:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure employees can also kick anyone out for pretty much any reason unless there's a law against it (i.e. racism and ableism). I think it's automatically considered tresspassing if you ignore signs that say "No Firearms" since you should know you don't have permission to be in the building while carrying.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Yeah, my point was that even in a state where legally carrying a gun into a place where you aren't meant to have one is as simple as just not giving a poo poo, open carry people are still trying to gently caress things up because they are that obsessed with making sure everyone knows about their gun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, someone who carries concealed is probably going to keep doing it anyway. In Florida right now, the big news recently was that Walt Disney World, Busch Gardens, and SeaWorld all simultaneously introduced metal detectors at their gates. I think the catalyst was the Paris attacks, with the goal presumably being to dissuade mass shootings in the park. It seemed like a pointless gesture, since Disney's been the site of exactly one case of gun violence in its entire history (a guy in the 80s showed up after hours with a shotgun to Epcot and took hostages before killing himself), so it would have no effect at all on anything in the park.

It turned out to be useless anyways, since Disney only grabbed a few people "randomly" anyway to keep up a pretense of security and would shut down most of the detectors in the evening anyway so they'd stop searching altogether. So people are probably still going to be carrying concealed guns and knives into the theme parks anyway, just like they've always done, and the amount of gun and knife violence is probably going to remain as low as it has without any input from the parks.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They are a failed experiment, and do not need to continue to exist, for exactly these reasons. They are animals, a breed humans created for their own amusement, and we can let them die out as well. Just make it illegal to breed them, not own or adopt them, and the problem goes away over time. People who want to rescue the poor pitties and give them a good life still can, and can do so until their popularity dies off as they go away. Its a loving dog, get a different kind.

I thought this was a Lottery of Babylon post before I scrolled back up and saw your username, that's how loving stupid you sound. Unless you too have taken up the unmarked quotation gimmick.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
hey a fail army, maybe this derail can end

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Oregon militiamen are also pretty angry that people keep mailing them dildos
http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458

I know, at least send some lube along too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That kitten. :3: