Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Braixen? not Delphox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/687174643069763584

Come on, Kingler.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Braixen? not Delphox?

those haps and their crazy "all pokemon are meaningful, including NFEs" mentality

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm just not a big fan of Braixen's design, it fits as an "awkward inbetween phase" evolution but I don't see it kicking rear end in a fight.

Also the new tweet integration on the forums is kind of neat.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Nintendo going for the furry vote

Garchomp can stay though

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

Braixen? not Delphox?

Braixen is much more popular than Delphox in Japan

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Braixen is much more popular than Delphox in Japan

Probably the whole "Looks like an underaged witch" thing.

Also just noticed this.

AccountingNightmare posted:

Has there been a Hoopa event announced for Australia? Did I miss it? :ohdear:
https://twitter.com/EBGamesAus/status/685239795769950208
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoopa_codes_to_be_distributed_in_Australia,_New_Zealand

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
anyone have any extra or cloned Hoopas?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurieg posted:

Probably the whole "Looks like an underaged witch" thing.

Almost certainly, we are talking about Japan. It seems that for the Kalos starters Japanese fans like Chespin the most for first stage, Braixen for second, and Greninja for final.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

It seems that for the Kalos starters Japanese fans like Chespin the most for first stage, Braixen for second, and Greninja for final.

Those are also my picks for the best.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Almost certainly, we are talking about Japan. It seems that for the Kalos starters Japanese fans like Chespin the most for first stage, Braixen for second, and Greninja for final.

they're right

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I guess Garchomp will be kinda cool. Sigh. It's sad that Machamp might be the only fighter I want to play as.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Geostomp posted:

a whole nation of bad opinions

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mabels big day posted:

Sigh. It's sad that Machamp might be the only fighter I want to play as.

That's just being overdramatically picky

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

less laughter posted:

Those are also my picks for the best.

Agree as well. As tired of Greninja as I get, it s the better looking than most starters and certainly better than boring Delphox and messy Chesnaught.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks for the Hoopa Majinfoose!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

less laughter posted:

That's just being overdramatically picky

I'm hurting badly over here

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mabels big day posted:

I'm hurting badly over here

Machamp has four arms to comfort you

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mabels big day posted:

Great, more Fire starter representation. :rolleyes: and its not even a good one. Where's my favorite reptile K Rool Feraligatr? It's the smash roster all over again.

Fire starters are the best, and Fire Emblem fighters are the best and are both my favorite, so the schadenfreude of your posts gets better every day, MBD.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Reinanigans posted:

Fire starters are the best

Last I checked, fire starters were 0-2 in Death Battle. Might want to rethink your choice. :smug:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's that

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mabels big day posted:

I guess Garchomp will be kinda cool. Sigh. It's sad that Machamp might be the only fighter I want to play as.

Don't worry my friend, soon SakuraiThe Pokemon Company will reveal Heracross

And Corrin

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Braixen is more awkward because it's next to Sceptile (not Grovyle) and the Fennekin support.
Where's Hydreigon it was even a possibility for both teasers what do you mean with Swampert the character select screen is full

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Reinanigans posted:

What's that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcUSRT7CFPs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz2vHLqtNw

Enjoy. :)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Raserys posted:

Don't worry my friend, soon SakuraiThe Pokemon Company will reveal Heracross

And Corrin

Thankfully, Heracross is a background element in one of the stages, so I don't think they'll use it as a fighter. I'm basing this assumption off of nothing. This also means no Snorlax, if my assumption based off nothing is correct.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Benach posted:

Braixen is more awkward because it's next to Sceptile (not Grovyle) and the Fennekin support.

Why does Sceptile make it awkward IYO? Charizard and Blaziken are in, too.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

less laughter posted:

Why does Sceptile make it awkward IYO? Charizard and Blaziken are in, too.

AFAIK grovyle is one of the most popular second stage starters. Popular enough to be a major plot pokemon in PMD at least. Nobody actually cares about Charmeleon or Combusken.

Benach fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 13, 2016

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
What if they re-released Pokemon Stadium on the WiiU VC and using the same technology they used to make your 3DS a controller for Smash Bros they'd let you use your copy of Pokemon RBYVC in the 3DS as the transfer pack? Seems expensive and unnecessary... until you realize how many people would buy the gently caress out of Pokemon Stadium again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Houle posted:

What if they re-released Pokemon Stadium on the WiiU VC and using the same technology they used to make your 3DS a controller for Smash Bros they'd let you use your copy of Pokemon RBYVC in the 3DS as the transfer pack? Seems expensive and unnecessary... until you realize how many people would buy the gently caress out of Pokemon Stadium again.

Yes please.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Houle posted:

I'd rather have a new Pokemon stadium.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mewtwo's render on the leaked page of corocoro looks really weird. Pokemon look weird in HD.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Mewtwo's render on the leaked page of corocoro looks really weird. Pokemon look weird in HD.

The Pokken models are juuuuust slightly too real looking. They're not as bad as Lucario in Brawl, but just kinda weird.

Pokken looks cool but I hope the last few announcements are really unexpected and weird. The only guy in Pokken who hasn't been used as a mascot for anything is Machamp. Gimme something completely insane, like Avalugg

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd rather have a new Pokemon stadium.

In my dreams I want a new Pokemon Stadium for gen 6 that's done completely right, but in practice I'd accept a lovely Battle Revolution-esque sequel at this point

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 14, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Where my Scrafty at, Pokken?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Machamp probably gives great spine-crushing great hugs.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

nerdbot posted:

I'd accept a lovely Battle Revolution-esque sequel at this point

What would be the point, though? Battle Revolution brought random online battles and 3D graphics for the 4th gen games, but those things are available now on the 3DS. Even the player customization was available in XY.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Saoshyant posted:

What would be the point, though? Battle Revolution brought random online battles and 3D graphics for the 4th gen games, but those things are available now on the 3DS. Even the player customization was available in XY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4javKwfN-DI

RIPPED IN TWO by Seed Flare!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, right. I had forgotten about the announcer. I want an announcer for the 3DS games when playing against random fools online.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Bring back the Stadium minigames.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I will money match anyone at the Lickitung sushi minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Thwack! posted:

I will money match anyone at the Lickitung sushi minigame

Removing those minigames alone was enough to doom Battle Revolution. Not even the greatest of hammy announcers can make up for that.

• Locked thread