Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just put the top 122mm on the SU-101. :eyepop: That aim time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

You must believe in the #snapshotmeta.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
And the waffle 4 is just a roomba with a better gun, so it's pretty solid too. My one weird trick for those tanks was to not be afraid to pretend to be an assault gun. Your armor is terrible, but you're mobile and generally have pretty great alpha so it's feasible to back around a corner and unload a shell into someone before scooting back behind cover. It occasionally worked in the Emil, though the lack of a turret meant you were way less likely to be able to pull it off without taking hits. As always make sure there are other friendly tanks around to keep from getting rushed!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Just in case anyone's wondering, you should get the T6 Czech tank - the T25. It's a real loving beast, up there next to the Cromwell and Rudy IMO and if it had a premium version I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's everything the Chi-Ri wishes it was, except it's faster, smaller than a house and also a tier lower. :allears:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

GLD is your friend along with BIA.
Also, that gun doesn't really need to aim, just point and click.
While one loses 600 DPM with the top 122, in real DPM the loss is far less.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, you're practically guaranteed to bounce 2 rounds per minute if you're not shooting gold from the 100mm. The 122mm just goes straight through everything.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I got reported for aimbotting :qq:

quote:

Blackbarth (01:27:09) that need aim bot to play
Blackbarth (01:27:12) enjoy report
Blackbarth (01:27:16) and learn to play by your self
Darkrenown (01:27:17) You are retarded
Blackbarth (01:27:25) and you are handicaped
Blackbarth (01:27:37) a guy whit out hand has more skill than you
Darkrenown (01:27:42) How do you get by in life thinking clicking on tanks is hard enough to require help?
Blackbarth (01:27:44) you are using illegal mods
Blackbarth (01:27:47) now
Darkrenown (01:27:57) like you are baffled by the idea I just clicked on you?
Blackbarth (01:27:59) for you yes
Darkrenown (01:28:04) can you not do that?
Blackbarth (01:28:11) sry man
Blackbarth (01:28:17) i am not a monkey trainer toteach you
Blackbarth (01:28:20) enjoy report
Blackbarth (01:28:24) enjoy your 0 skill
Blackbarth (01:28:42) and enjoy the day when you see your account bloked cause you use trick
Blackbarth (01:28:44) and now
Darkrenown (01:28:47) Just adding to the stupidity, there is no banned mods on the EU sever, so even if I was using an aimbot support would not care
Blackbarth (01:28:47) enjoy my black list

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So I started playing again since AW is going kinda flat, and picked up the O-I Exp. Its kinda fun, but really dumb at the same time. An enemy Cromwell rammed me and he took 460 damage and exploded. That gun is super nice at its tier, but its lovely armor is a real bummer, especially when seeing tier 7's, they don't even need to pause to aim.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ensign Expendable posted:

Did this, can confirm. Ended up shooting 100% gold to not turn suicidal.

it's so good when fully upgraded tho

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

mmkay posted:

Just in case anyone's wondering, you should get skip to the T6 Czech tank - the T25. It's a real loving beast, up there next to the Cromwell and Rudy IMO and if it had a premium version I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's everything the Chi-Ri wishes it was, except it's faster, smaller than a house and also a tier lower. :allears:

FTFY.

Also FYI the T25 Skoda is P great in skirmishes.

Also this happened:

:glomp:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

FTFY.

Also this happened:

:glomp:

Hey man, I gotta log in to call people out for Battle Buddy:

Not even once.

(It's like the Master Gunner medals - a 42 means you've gone 42 games without team damage. If the medal is highlighted, you're streak has been over 50 and you should be ashamed of yourself.)

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mans posted:

it's so good when fully upgraded tho

Oh man, is it ever. Probably more fun than the T-54, even.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Hey man, I gotta log in to call people out for Battle Buddy:

Not even once.

(It's like the Master Gunner medals - a 42 means you've gone 42 games without team damage. If the medal is highlighted, you're streak has been over 50 and you should be ashamed of yourself.)

I have got like 25 of those, so I guess I can never return to PANSY.
On the other hand I tend to concentrate more on shooting red tanks than green.
Except in the case where I ammoracked a friendly blue WN8 WZ-120 player by accidentally shooting him in the back of his turret with my Panther. Well, he was driving in front of me so....
900 HP gone with 1 piddly shell from the Panther.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I know we commonly call people lemmings here, but this took the cake:

Our only 2 losses? At the start of the game one of the IS-3s just drove into the water and died. The other IS-3 sat in base and thought about this for perhaps 2 minutes and then drove into the water and drowned too. They were not platooned or in the same clan :iiam:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 12, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

I know we commonly call people lemmings here, but this took the cake:

Our only 2 losses? At the start of the game one of the IS-3s just drove into the water and died. The other IS-3 sat in base and though about this for perhaps 2 minutes and then drove into the water and drowned too. They were not platooned or in the same clan :iiam:

Look, they were tier 8s in a tier 10 match and your team was OBVIOUSLY going to lose, so why even bother playing with Wargaming's rigged matchmaker?

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

FTFY.

We're using at least 2-3 per battle during this lovely campaign, they are great. I just show up with my 70% lightbulb and get put in because of the burst damage being so great in limited T6 engagements. Don't think I'd play it against T8s though, even with gold- I bouce off E2s and OIs from the front, so anything with more armor would be painful.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I think I'm going to like the SU-14-2, at least a lot more than the S-51.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2406405#abbey-steelion-su-14-2

Pissing off purples is half the fun of playing arty.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
It's time for :siren:Pasholok facts:siren:

Q: How historical is Grille 15?
A: We found 7 projects on that topic in archives. The idea of a self propelled gun on a Panther chassis came up in the summer of 1942. The project we picked is the latest one, dated July 1944, right about the time the E-100 tank destroyer project was killed off. Aside from an appropriate date, we also had to consider the viability of the gun. Our balance team had some questions about how a vehicle with such a "fishing rod" can drive and shoot. Oddly enough, an equivalent to the Grille 15 with a 63 caliber long gun was built, and it was called Taran, or Object 120. The gun length is similar, the horizontal arc is similar, and the Taran could shoot without deploying trails. Also keep in mind that the Grille 15 we chose isn't exactly on a Panther chassis: the wheels are a different size, and the design is different. And this is not the only such vehicle, at least two Grille 15 projects had a PzIV chassis.

Q: Why can't you make a new turret for the Maus with, for example, the one with 250 mm front but 180 mm for the sides and rear?
A: I ask myself the same question. For example, the historical Maus gun until March 1943 was a 149 mm gun 37-38 calibers in length. The in-game Maus does not have this gun, and later it was shoved into the E-100 where it would not have fit into the historical turret. The question is fairly reasonable, but WoT is a game about tanks, not a tank simulator. On the other hand, it's the historical vehicles that are the hardest to balance, mostly due to their historicity. As soon as tanks are rebalanced, especially if they are nerfed, everyone starts whining about their veteran grandpa and waving around data from Wikipedia and such.

Q: I've been waiting for Chinese and Japanese artillery and TDs for a long time. Are there unusual vehicles in these trees? What's the situation with their development?
A: Our Chinese partners sent us their materials back in Summer 2012, and we still haven't gotten around to making them. This is, in part, due to TDs being almost as "beloved" as SPGs, so "bush campers" are being held back for the time being. I can't say anything about the Japanese, the trees are being worked on, but I can reveal some information about the Chinese. The first TDs were built on the T-26 and M3 Light chassis, then moved on to using vehicles of Soviet origin. In some cases, Chinese engineers built that which was rejected by Soviet engineers. Put a 152 mm gun in a SU-152? No problem! Several SU-76-like projects were made, but on a medium tank chassis. There were heavy SPGs, like on the WZ-111 chassis for example. These TDs are like the ISU-152 on steroids. There were TDs similar to the SU-122-54 and SU-122-44. These are interesting TDs, similar to Soviet TDs in style. The SPGs are more unique, they are more compact, and usually the fighting compartment is in the rear.

Q: Will the GWE-100 be replaced, since it did not exist? Will the replacement have a 300 mm gun?
A: I asked this question in my time. It's true, the GWE-100 didn't exist, and it would be logical to replace it with something more real. There are potential candidates, but it's not that simple. The game designers and balance department hesitate to introduce such high calibers. There is a foundation for that hesitation. Second, all fictional tanks that are removed from the game have secondary reasons, like with the Waffle-Fucker. The GWE-100 has no such reasons, so the issue of replacing it has been pushed back.

Q: When is the Super Hellcat coming? The wiki says you're working on it and it won't be premium.
A: This isn't exactly a Super Hellcat. We already have that in the game. It's a very real vehicle, one of which was built, consisting of an M36 turret on an M18 chassis. As for tier 7, it will have a new TD, another real project. The chassis is not from the M18, but from something else with similar mobility. I can't say much more, but I personally like this one a lot more than the T25/2.

Q: When is the MT-25 getting removed?
A: Never. The appearance of the MT-25 is directly linked to the T-50-2 having nothing in common with its real stats. As soon as an appropriate project was discovered, the T-50-2 was removed. As far as I know, the MT-25 is constrained by the maximum speed limit, the design could reach 100 kph. It was buffed a while back, the result is a very quick and mean vehicle.

Q: Why does this game not use smoothbore guns, only rifled?
A: This is linked to the sudden rise in penetration. If smoothbore guns are introduced, the heavy tank as a class will be worthless. Angle your armour or don't angle, an AP shell that penetrates 380 mm or HEAT that penetrates 440 doesn't care.

Q: Are there light tank candidates for tier 10? It's hard to play tier 7 lights vs tier 10s.
A: Potentially, there are tier 10 light tanks for some countries. On the other hand, far from all nations have them, and there is no concrete need for a tier 10 light tank right now.

Q: Why is the E-100 turret not historical? It's supposed to be the Maus turret.
A: This question is answered in detail in my article on Warspot. To be brief, it's not a Maus turret. It's a turret designed by Krupp which they twice wanted to make a competitor for the Maus with. In addition, the historical E-100 turret is 10 tons lighter due to the sides being 80 mm thick. Of course, we can make it historical, but imagine the howling that will cause.

Q: What's going on with Christie tanks? If there aren't enough for a tree, can it be tacked onto an existing tech tree?
A: We're on the fourth year of discussion about Christie tanks. Potentially there's something there, but Christie's tanks fit into tier 2 and 3 at most. The problem is that Christie stopped developing his tanks in the early 1930s. On the other hand, if Christie tanks means any tank with his suspension, then there is a whole tree, and the high tiers are very interesting.

Q: Will the IS-4 be buffed?
A: It won't be buffed, but redesigned. I can't say more, but something is already being done. Personally, I think that the tank in its current configuration is clearly out of place.

Q: When will Israeli tanks come?
A: We're thinking about it. The biggest problem is that the IDF formed in the late 1940s, and there are some questions about what to do with the first 4 or 5 tiers. Of course, the tech tree is very interesting. A Centurion Sho't or an early Merkava blowing up a Maus tank in Berlin would be quite something.

Q: What are your thoughts about adding the M50 Ontos?
A: As I already said recently, recoilless guns are forbidden. Also, there is still no support for multiple guns, which gives the Ontos even fewer chances at life.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CitizenKain posted:

So I started playing again since AW is going kinda flat, and picked up the O-I Exp. Its kinda fun, but really dumb at the same time. An enemy Cromwell rammed me and he took 460 damage and exploded. That gun is super nice at its tier, but its lovely armor is a real bummer, especially when seeing tier 7's, they don't even need to pause to aim.

Feel free to upgrade to the O-I, it's shittons of fun. I initially missed the speed of the O-I Exp a lot, but you get twice the armor everywhere and a fuckoff-15cm gun. Non-idiots in higher-tier tanks will still pen you, but you'll bounce a fair share of shots. In higher-tier matches you'll have trouble penning things, but you always have the option to knock an HE shell into them for an easy 300-400 damage and broken modules/crew anywhere. When you're top-tier, you'll be blapping poo poo left and right for full damage while laughing maniacally.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Vorkosigan posted:

We're using at least 2-3 per battle during this lovely campaign, they are great. I just show up with my 70% lightbulb and get put in because of the burst damage being so great in limited T6 engagements. Don't think I'd play it against T8s though, even with gold- I bouce off E2s and OIs from the front, so anything with more armor would be painful.

I was actually thinking about the pen issue when I was playing and calling those skirmishes the other night. I wanted to do more about team composition to ensure we had higher-pen tanks to take care of the tougher enemy tanks if they appeared, but we hadn't played skirmishes in so long that the primary goal was just to get enough dudes to do it. Otherwise, it was pretty awesome to be able to play my one remaining tier 6 grind tank in a skirmish and realize that it's pretty loving awesome in them.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

That skirmish was fun and I wouldn't mind grinding a few specific 6s and 8s to do them.

Hellcat, Cromwell, O-I and T37 seems to be what we saw the most. What about 8s?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

That skirmish was fun and I wouldn't mind grinding a few specific 6s and 8s to do them.

Hellcat, Cromwell, O-I and T37 seems to be what we saw the most. What about 8s?

It's been a while, but I remember: IS-3 and AMX 50, probably AMX 13 90. Nowadays I'd presume you see (in addition to the aforementioned): pretty much any tier 8 LTs (for the same reason you see tier 6 LTs in those skirmishes,) CDC, 416, T69, 110, FCM, IS-5. Maybe T-44, Type 59, Charioteer, Rhoomba, ISU, T34. Possibly some of the other premium tanks, particularly the pref ones. Can anyone who actively does tier 8 skirmishes confirm/deny my speculations?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pershing got that pen buff recently and is also hella comfortable to play.

Grind out a T-34-85 if you don't have a Rudy.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

While i love the Merkava concept i shudder to think bout all the module damage you'd suffer every time you're penned frontally.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Atomizer posted:

It's been a while, but I remember: IS-3 and AMX 50, probably AMX 13 90. Nowadays I'd presume you see (in addition to the aforementioned): pretty much any tier 8 LTs (for the same reason you see tier 6 LTs in those skirmishes,) CDC, 416, T69, 110, FCM, IS-5. Maybe T-44, Type 59, Charioteer, Rhoomba, ISU, T34. Possibly some of the other premium tanks, particularly the pref ones. Can anyone who actively does tier 8 skirmishes confirm/deny my speculations?

Buffs to the IS3 make the 110 redundant, T32 is pretty good because of the invincible mantlet but its fairly slow. T54 Ltwt is really good and seems to typically replace the 1390. Pershing and t44 are good fast mediums that can be a good fast tank staple.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Anyone have an idea how to "reenable" the [ZJ] Marker Re-Load mod after it expires? Didn't think I installed any demo, but it's telling me the limited run or something is over and any websites I'm digging up are in russian.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Anyone have an idea how to "reenable" the [ZJ] Marker Re-Load mod after it expires? Didn't think I installed any demo, but it's telling me the limited run or something is over and any websites I'm digging up are in russian.

I think this may be fixed when you update your mods (even when you've got them how you like them and don't intend to make any further adjustments.) You're using mods from OMC Modpack (or similar) I take it? I end up re-updating a couple times a week (i.e. before I start playing) and that generally makes any mods work that depend on the ZJ thing. Last time I played (a few days ago) I did notice that some of the mods that had worked (e.g. reload timers) on day one weren't working by day 3, and the notification in the garage was giving some sort of expiration notice (even though the date provided has not arrived yet.) I plan to play tomorrow (Wednesday) and will run the OMC Modpack installer which will probably fix the issue (temporarily.)

(I am aware of the excessive parenthetical content of this post. My name is Atomizer and I approve this message. :thumbsup:)

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Duzzy Funlop posted:

there is still a list of all the mods in OMC if you want to download seperately, The Atomizer is right you can just reapply the mod pack. http://odemmortis.com/modpack-inhalt/

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Aslain's modpack has an updated version.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The updated version is on PlazmaKeks's blog, you dirty cheater.

Edit: Direct link.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 13, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Is there any real difference between OMC and Aslain other than OMC being more convenient to update?

Also I'm going to spend Thursday/Friday grinding on my Wolverine and subsequent Hellcat if anyone wants to come platoon for a while. :v:

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I just wanted to say gently caress you all and yes I am still chat banned.

Tempted to find out whether I am chat banned in the PS4 version.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ShankyMcStabber posted:

Probably not - are you chatbanned in Warships or Warplanes (is that still up?) or Blitz?

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
You know I was in the beta for Warboats but I never actually logged into it.

I am tempted to check but that takes more :effort: than I left (funny how fast :effort: depletes when you 100% work from home for 7 months).

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

Is there any real difference between OMC and Aslain other than OMC being more convenient to update?

Also I'm going to spend Thursday/Friday grinding on my Wolverine and subsequent Hellcat if anyone wants to come platoon for a while. :v:

The OMC, Aslain's, and a third mod installer I can't remember the name of all pretty much work identically, but the differences are almost exclusively going to be in the content, specifically the mods that the creators choose to include. I haven't tried Aslain's in a long time, but when I swapped between it and OMC a while back I found that I preferred the latter's selection. They'll all have the same core "essential" mods.

ShankyMcStabber posted:

You should try to get un-chatbanned by contacting WGNA support and saying something like, "Hey, I just bought this account and discovered that it's chatbanned, can you un-chatban me because I'm not the guy who originally got banned?" :haw:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

there's no greater feeling than going "ah I'm hosed" and then using your hopelessly hosed up situation to bait two other tanks to ram you into a lake and also drown themselves.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Assassinated discovered this: For an alternative voice/chat program, try Discord, which can be connected to via desktop or mobile app, or Web browser. There are sections for many different games, and you'll see some familiar names (*cough*Fauxtool*cough*.) We have a WoT section, to which you can gain access with the link at the end of this post:

Atomizer posted:

^^^Click my name in this quote bubble to go directly to the post with the link, I want it to be in PGS so pubbies don't gain access.^^^

How about a Ferdi Ace game: http://wotreplays.eu/site/2409038?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

:eyepop:

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Nowhere near as cool as ^; watch how I got lucky in a certain defeat situation:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2409616#redshire-sir_squish-is-3

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atomizer posted:

Assassinated discovered this: For an alternative voice/chat program, try Discord, which can be connected to via desktop or mobile app, or Web browser. There are sections for many different games, and you'll see some familiar names (*cough*Fauxtool*cough*.) We have a WoT section, to which you can gain access with the link at the end of this post:
Teamspeak isn't going away, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

For the sake of the ongoing campaign is MO or Relic better? They have both pm'ed me about joining in the last 24 hours