Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Subyng posted:

There was another one that made them all look like angsty anime heroes.

To be fair, I get it though, the children's head meshes in vanilla Skyrim all look like Bobby Hill.

(Aventus gets a special snowflake makeover with RS Children

I wouldn't mind a mod that replaces the kids' dialogue with Bobby Hill's though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

So I bit the bullet and tried out Undeath. Turns out it's not as buggy as reported and also is really long, involved and also cool. The only troubles I had were the switches being invisible in the apocrypha segments, but they were still interactable so its not a huge issue.

Also I'm a dank lich now:

my only problem is my lich form is too tall to fit through doors sometimes and also I can't look at the map

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I wouldn't mind a mod that replaces the kids' dialogue with Bobby Hill's though)

I think RS Children is the best mod for making kids look like actual human beings even if there's a bit of a "tiny adult" thing happening, but the "rustic" one does have the advantage of being a simple retexture of the vanilla potato-heads. It's honestly impressive what a difference that dude managed to make without replacing those lovely meshes.

One of these days I need to get back to work on that fat idiot son mod, but I got really burned out on modding and I've been messing with some other games.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I like that one because they look different from each other and the clothes are nice. Also when I was playing my smith character I hired one of the adoptable kids as a follower because I didn't want him calling my dude "dad" but wanted my smith to have an apprentice and it was fun dressing the kid in a blacksmith apron :3: (although I think that requires yet another mod, I remember the whole process being really involved just so I could put a drat apron on a kid).

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I like that one because they look different from each other and the clothes are nice. Also when I was playing my smith character I hired one of the adoptable kids as a follower because I didn't want him calling my dude "dad" but wanted my smith to have an apprentice and it was fun dressing the kid in a blacksmith apron :3: (although I think that requires yet another mod, I remember the whole process being really involved just so I could put a drat apron on a kid).

Were you using this mod?

I use it and it's easy (use the "make follower" command with EFF, give them new duds, and then dismiss)

(Also I use RS Children too since I was tired seeing Lucia's potato face after coming home from a long day of stabbing draugrs in the face)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I think that's the one, plus EFF. Although I ended up having a terrible time with it because he'd eventually be running around like a drat nudist so I had to just go back to default clothes in the end so they'd stay equipped.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
So AFT, EFF and UFO are the big three follower mods? I'm using AFT currently, tried EFF for a few minutes, but none of them have the one thing (aside from simply upping the follower limit) that I really want which is to tell my followers to attack on command (for those times when you want to sneak into a fort the unconventional way while your followers attack through the main gate). AFT and UFO both have remote commands but you can't really do much with them.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

FirstPersonShitter posted:

So I bit the bullet and tried out Undeath. Turns out it's not as buggy as reported and also is really long, involved and also cool. The only troubles I had were the switches being invisible in the apocrypha segments, but they were still interactable so its not a huge issue.

Also I'm a dank lich now:

my only problem is my lich form is too tall to fit through doors sometimes and also I can't look at the map

Looks nice. I always wanted to try it, but I don't think you can be a vampire and a lich(which could technically make sense). So you had to wait till you were totally done with the Dawnguard vampire side questline or be stuck as a lich somehow helping the Dawnguard. Neither sounded very appealing as I tend to roll slowly through DLC.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

graynull posted:

Looks nice. I always wanted to try it, but I don't think you can be a vampire and a lich(which could technically make sense). So you had to wait till you were totally done with the Dawnguard vampire side questline or be stuck as a lich somehow helping the Dawnguard. Neither sounded very appealing as I tend to roll slowly through DLC.

Yeah I went and cured myself of vampirism before I became a lich, I'd done the dawnguard stuff on the vampire side. I figure you've gotta have a soul in order to be able to put that soul in a phylactery.

The uh, mod that adds more fighting npcs to the world interacts well with the lich mod. The mass resurrection spell you get is pretty awesome when you have the raw materials to work with it:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I'm looking for a hotkey mod that would allow me to pull up a menu of items/spells with a button press. For example, if I wanted to choose between a list of staves in combat, I could hit my staff menu hotkey and a list of staves I assigned to it would appear. I could also have a separate hotkey that would do the same with spells, shields, powers, etc. Basically, I'm asking for customizable favorites menus. Is there anything like this out there?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Doesn't SkyUI have that built in? Or is that not flexible enough?

e: Speaking of SkUI, I could have sworn that last time I played I could sort by stolen flag, but I can't find it anywhere. Is this possible in SkyUI?

hampig fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 10, 2016

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007

Subyng posted:

So AFT, EFF and UFO are the big three follower mods? I'm using AFT currently, tried EFF for a few minutes, but none of them have the one thing (aside from simply upping the follower limit) that I really want which is to tell my followers to attack on command (for those times when you want to sneak into a fort the unconventional way while your followers attack through the main gate). AFT and UFO both have remote commands but you can't really do much with them.

Mixed Unit Tactics - Dawnguard Edition should be what you're looking for. Compatibible with UFO/AFT/EFF.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'd play the poo poo out of a Bobby hill voice replacer mod for the children race.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

hampig posted:

As far as I can tell, SkyUI just lets you set up a group of things you can equip with the push of a button. I'm looking for a way to pull up a list that would then let me choose between the items in that list.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Grey Elephants posted:

As far as I can tell, SkyUI just lets you set up a group of things you can equip with the push of a button. I'm looking for a way to pull up a list that would then let me choose between the items in that list.

In the time it took you to make these two posts you could've easily found the mod you're looking for in the OP.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

hampig posted:

e: Speaking of SkUI, I could have sworn that last time I played I could sort by stolen flag, but I can't find it anywhere. Is this possible in SkyUI?

Isn't there a filter in the top left of your inventory screen, that defaults to sort by name, that you can change to stolen?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Gyshall posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of a Bobby hill voice replacer mod for the children race.

Smack a kid: "I DON'T KNOW YEWWW!"

Too bad you can't pickpocket kids. Get caught, "THAT'S MY PURSE!!!"

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Grey Elephants posted:

I'm looking for a hotkey mod that would allow me to pull up a menu of items/spells with a button press. For example, if I wanted to choose between a list of staves in combat, I could hit my staff menu hotkey and a list of staves I assigned to it would appear. I could also have a separate hotkey that would do the same with spells, shields, powers, etc. Basically, I'm asking for customizable favorites menus. Is there anything like this out there?

souls quick menu might work for you.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Grey Elephants posted:

That's a built in feature of SkyUI.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mixed Unit Tactics has some interesting stuff but there is absolutely no way I would be able to keep track of this in-game:

e: looking over it more tbh I'd probably just be interested in the salary system; saw a bunch of requests for a stand-alone version with just that in the comments but looks like he shot them down, too bad. :(

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 10, 2016

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I seem to recall a mod that lets you somehow save your character into the mod, then in a different game have that character show up in the game as an NPC, geared up and everything, lets them be a follower and everything. I have no clue what its called though.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Roadie posted:

That's a built in feature of SkyUI.

Does skyui really do exactly what the poster asked for? I'm genuinely curious. I use it, but from what I see from the groups feature is you can bind a key to equip/unequip any item(s) you may want of a single type. Putting several different staves into a group and then binding a key to that group does little... However, you can pull up the favorites menu and navigate to the group and select from there. Which IS simple enough.
I'm just wondering if this can be done more efficiently using skyui?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Drakenel posted:

I seem to recall a mod that lets you somehow save your character into the mod, then in a different game have that character show up in the game as an NPC, geared up and everything, lets them be a follower and everything. I have no clue what its called though.

familiar faces?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

That's the one, thank you.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Grey Elephants posted:

Categorized Favorites Menu

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Corsec posted:

Mixed Unit Tactics - Dawnguard Edition should be what you're looking for. Compatibible with UFO/AFT/EFF.

This looks awesome, thanks!!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Ugh, I forgot what an awful pain in the rear end it is to get Better Vampires, Predator Vision and an ENB all working together. Had to cut out Predator Vision then reinstall it over a 'clean' save then monkey with the load order then find a way to get stupid night vision to work with an ENB. In the end I just did the easiest of the solutions I found, which was to comment in the game color correction in the enb fx file and lose a bit of saturation. Makes me want to go play Fallout 4, where I don't have to gently caress around with all these drat settings.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Corsec posted:

Please, could you specify which mod combo you're using for this? I'm planning a mod loadout with largely the same goals (plus Morrowloot ultimate with static encounter zones add-on for delevelling), so I'd like to know how you intend to achieve it.

Classic Elder Scrolls Attributes mod looks great. I wanted a mod to make health/stamina/magicka gains solely dependent on skill growth rather than levels. However the carry weight changes look like they conflict with Disparity, which I was planning on using for character classes. If you were using Disparity, did you encounter this problem?

Note: I haven't even bought Skyrim yet, never even played it, and it'll be a month before I assemble the computer I intend to play it on. I'm expecting it to take so much time to get a 'proper' mod loadout ready, it seems reasonable to go ahead anyway with the research phase of my mod-building. That thread titled is no loving joke.

I've put the mods I used for this into a collection and shared it on Steam workshop. :coffeepal:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=596345009

Not all the mods I've used are on the workshop. For those, I've included links to their nexus download pages in the description.

Raygereio posted:

If it involves a random number generator, it's random.

Not if the numbers involved do not correspond evenly to all possible outcomes, it isn't. If values 1-19 of a 20-sided die roll will result in success for a particular action, then you can be 95% confident of success. In what sense can that be said to be "random"?

Of course if you still don't like that and want your success in everything to involve no perceivable aspect of chance and to be tied directly to your (the player's, as opposed to the character's) actions, that's fine! It is, as I said before, a matter of personal taste.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Not if the numbers involved do not correspond evenly to all possible outcomes, it isn't. If values 1-19 of a 20-sided die roll will result in success for a particular action, then you can be 95% confident of success. In what sense can that be said to be "random"?
Oh, we were having different ideas about the definition of randomness. It's one of those words with an annoying lexical ambiguity. In what you describe the outcomes - succes and failure - don't have an equal probability. So sure: It's not random in the statistical sense of the word.
The outcome is still determined by chance though. Which what normal people non-statisticians tend to mean when they say random. The chance for failure may be small, but ultimately the RNG decides whether you succeed or fail.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 13, 2016

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Mr.Grit posted:

souls quick menu might work for you.

This turned out to be perfect for my needs, thanks!

Playing through aethernautics, I've gotten stuck in the first dungeon. I'm trying to take the lift that's in front of you as soon as you enter the launchpad, but it keeps shooting through the floor into the void after I keep getting stuck on invisible objects while it goes down. I have the same problem in Wheels of Lull-Mor, at the magic bridge in stonehole mine. Anyone else have this problem?
Load order:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
SPERG.esm
Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
EFFCore.esm
ORS_SolitudeGate.esm
Gray Fox Cowl.esm
notice board.esp
ORS_MorthalPain.esm
mannyDragonhead.esm
mannyBlackRock.esm
JSwords.esm
SkyUI.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
Chesko_LevelUp.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
VMUVM.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp
Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp
CraftableCultistArmors.esp
WKBendTime.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
SPERG.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
WerewolfPerksExpanded.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp
barenziahquestmarkers.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
AH Hotkeys.esp
SPERG Weapon Styles.esp
Trainwiz's Ridiculously Marvelous Magelight Replacer.esp
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp
Actualize Apparel.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
dragonaspectredone.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp
AchieveThat.esp
3DNPC.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Undeath.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
sos - the wilds.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
sos - the dungeons.esp
Hideout.esm
TradeBarter.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Corpse_Preparation.esp
SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp
TheFrontier.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Cloaks.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp
Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
BrhuceLegacy.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
StavesofSkyrim.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
TheDomain.esp
WindstadMine.esp
FyrManor_BASE.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
PelinalFollower.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_LeftHand.esp
Dragonbone Weapons.esp
Crescent Axe.esp
1HHrothmund's Axe.esp
RuefulWarAxe.esp
OMageCommonRobesV2.esp
LFox Better Thieves Guild Practice Locks.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
AdalMatar.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
gonkishvampdens.esp
Atlas Map Markers.esp
WorldEaterBeater.esp
Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
Aseet ja Varusteet 5 Kirveet Nuijat.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
MECR_Classic_Nord_Shields.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Unmarked Places - Shrines.esp
DetailedMineMarkers.esp
FyrManor_DAWNGUARD.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
Atlas Dawnguard.esp
FyrManor_HEARTHFIRE.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves.esp
HothFollower.esp
Dwemer Spectres Legendary.esp
Insanity's Shields.esp
Unmarked Places - Player Homes.esp
Unexpected Blades.esp
HBetterBows.esp
Insanity's Red Eagle's Bane.esp
HothFollower UFO Patch.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
UniqueBows.esp
Atlas Dragonborn.esp
Aethernautics.esp
HearthfireBasements.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
funnyfollowers.esp
Portal.esp
HavenBag.esp
Atlas Blackreach.esp
Atlas Hearthfire.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
Knight Of Thorns Armor.esp
Insanity's Chrysamere.esp
Contractor Armor.esp
Evil MasterMind Armor.esp
SilverDragonArmor.esp
YourMarketStall.esp
Souls_Quick_Menu.esp
AutoHarvest2.esp
LorkhanFollower.esp
Bound Armory.esp
infernoadze.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
SPERG-Ordinator-combined.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Why is it that so many mods that are on the Nexus aren't on Steam Workshop? I'm sort of new to Skyrim (on PC, just had it on 360 for years), and can barely find any of the mods that were recommended to me (iNeed, Hunterborn, etc) on the workshop.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
For a long time Workshop had (maybe still has, I dunno) a lot of limitations on filesize/mod type that Nexus didn't - like as weird as that may sound Nexus was actually providing a superior service.

also, intertia from existing modders most likely.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

If you like FO4's loot system, and want to have it in Skyrim, the guy who did the Lock-On mod has released Quick Loot: https://twitter.com/himika/status/686444006520193024

I've been messing around with it, and haven't been able to find anything too terrible. It lets you loot corpses and unlocked containers perfectly fine, and won't show up on living people or owned chests (by design). The only bugs I've seen are sometimes icons won't show up for certain items, and if you unlock a chest and use it it'll open the normal loot screen unless you look away and back to the chest first. I'm assuming that second one's a limitation of the SKSE script.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Syndlig posted:

If you like FO4's loot system, and want to have it in Skyrim, the guy who did the Lock-On mod has released Quick Loot: https://twitter.com/himika/status/686444006520193024

I've been messing around with it, and haven't been able to find anything too terrible. It lets you loot corpses and unlocked containers perfectly fine, and won't show up on living people or owned chests (by design). The only bugs I've seen are sometimes icons won't show up for certain items, and if you unlock a chest and use it it'll open the normal loot screen unless you look away and back to the chest first. I'm assuming that second one's a limitation of the SKSE script.

That looks rad. Does it work in English?

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

dwarf74 posted:

That looks rad. Does it work in English?

It's been working perfectly fine for me so far. Seems to be language-independent.

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that brings back Morrowind's weapon skills, or a mod that does for combat what the lockpicking mod I got does for that. But you can't have everything, I guess.

I for one am very glad this will likely never be seen again. Pre-Oblivion, the combat system for every ES game sucked hard dick. I am literally standing in front of this piece of poo poo cliff racer and I miss 9 out of 10 times Jesus H. loving Christ. Or, in Daggerfall and Arena, oh boy I sure do love breaking my wrist having to swing the mouse a certain way WHILE holding down the button in order to actually swing to even get a CHANCE to connect. It's why I never finished any of the first three ES games. Combat is like, 90% of every ES game, and it shouldn't be an exercise in complete frustration to engage in.

As a real answer, if you want that balls to the walls nightmarish "Oh God this game's combat is making me rage so hard I threw my computer out the window" pre-Oblivion combat feel, I highly recommend the mod Requiem. It makes so many enemies total bullshit, like Vampires that are a LOT like Morrowind in how terrifyingly fast they are and how they can't really be hurt without magic and/or silver weapons. Same for the undead. Requiem makes them flat out IMMUNE to damage against anything that isn't Fire or silver. Trolls? Hope you never run into one. Regenerate at like 1000% speed UNLESS they are on fire. Not a mage? sorry, buddy, you're hosed.

I do wish the series hadn't thrown the Unarmed and Unarmored skills under the bus, though. SPERG at least helps there by linking Unarmed to Pickpocket. Wish it was One Handed though, because... Pickpocket is kind of hard to level if you're not playing a thief. Unarmored though is just flat out gone, which sucks because maybe I just want to play a cool nonmagical merchant who wears fancy clothes or something.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Agent Boogeyman posted:

I do wish the series hadn't thrown the Unarmed and Unarmored skills under the bus, though. SPERG at least helps there by linking Unarmed to Pickpocket. Wish it was One Handed though, because... Pickpocket is kind of hard to level if you're not playing a thief.

SPERG lets you level up Pickpocket by just punching things, though. I played an unarmed character all the way through the game with it and never actually pickpocketed anything.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Does anyone else use Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul? I seem to have completely unbalanced the economy by harvesting a few fields of wheat, going from zero gold to five hundred.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agent Boogeyman posted:

I for one am very glad this will likely never be seen again. Pre-Oblivion, the combat system for every ES game sucked hard dick. I am literally standing in front of this piece of poo poo cliff racer and I miss 9 out of 10 times Jesus H. loving Christ.

I always hear this complaint and I don't get it, I just don't. If you have even a half-decent build (I'm pretty sure even most of the pre-made classes qualify, in this regard), and are using a weapon or spell, even a cheap one, from one of your major skills, you should have absolutely no trouble swatting cliffracers, nix-hounds, and most roadside bandits with ease.

what's boring about the combat in morrowind to me is that the animations are repetitive. Skyrim solves that no problem but I'd like the actual effects of combat to reflect character skills and attributes. but hard? rage-inducing? no, it shouldn't be, not unless you are trying to wade into battle with a claymore despite being a rogue with a long blade skill of 5-15, or you're wandering across the continent into high-level daedric ruins at level 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
So what's the best way to diagnose and fix intermittent crashing on a heavily-modded install? By intermittent I mean absolutely no consistent pattern. Sometimes it happens after 1 minute, sometimes after 30, sometimes 4 times in the same region, sometimes I can go through that region with no problem, sometimes it matters whether I'm sprinting/running/walking past something, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes when opening menus or going through area transitions, sometimes I can open those same menus or go through those same transitions just fine, and so on, and so forth. There's never any kind of error message, no slowdown beforehand, just doot doot doot crash.

I've sorted my load order with LOOT plus some manual tweaking to be safe, so aside from the obvious answer of "Bethesda," what's the most likely cause?

• Locked thread