Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. From that it seems like he's chilled out considerably, but gained a worst haircut.

Nah, he's still a poo poo. He went on a dumb stupid rant about the new Star Wars film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, he's still a poo poo. He went on a dumb stupid rant about the new Star Wars film.

He thinks that Kylo Ren is based on him, right?

EDIT: along with Lex Luthor in Superman v Batman, if I heard correctly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Unlucky7 posted:

He thinks that Kylo Ren is based on him, right?

Rey is a Mary Sue

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He seems sort of like Kevin Smith, who I can often listen to talking about stuff for ages even if I'm not really into any of what he's actually made himself.

(Though I did enjoy Chronicle, which Landis wrote.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT: along with Lex Luthor in Superman v Batman, if I heard correctly.

Enough people do obviously base designs off him, that I'd assume every jerk with long hair was me.

Anyway, bad man or no, Superman American Alien #3 is a funny, good comic!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Yall are overthinking it. Clark looks close enough to fool a bunch of drunk people who haven't seen Bruce in years, so Deathstroke hops in, see's him being treated as Bruce Wayne, and figures "yeah that's him". Slade is a good assassin but it's not like he expected this to be the hardest job of his life he'd need months of prep for so I can buy this caught him off guard.
Not sure "looking at a photo of your target once or twice" counts as months of prep.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

WickedHate posted:

What John Dyne said+he's the son of an unrepentant unpunished child murderer and I've heard (what are admittedly) rumors he's been a creep to girls.

He didn't get to pick his dad.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Endless Mike posted:

Not sure "looking at a photo of your target once or twice" counts as months of prep.

I think what they're saying is that because this took place when Clark was 21, Bruce is well in his "travel the world as a backpacker learning martial arts and detective poo poo" stage so there wouldn't be any photos of Bruce since he was a child.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have to point out that while Deathstroke can obviously survive that, Superman just totally tried to murder someone in those panels.

More silver age criminal justice system for you:

Lois Lane #42

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone always goes on and on about American alien and every panel posted is the most dumb contrived poo poo.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I thought it was pretty funny.

Random Stranger posted:

I have to point out that while Deathstroke can obviously survive that, Superman just totally tried to murder someone in those panels.

C'mon, we've all been in that place where you've had a little too much to drink/smoke/digest deadly neurotoxins and don't realize your own strength. Old Supes probably thought he was just giving the guy a friendly flick on the nose, figured a little swim in the ocean would give him a chance to cool off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

He burned off someone's arms earlier in the series.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
From today's Sam Wilson: Captain America:

There's a lot in this issue that's ridiculous, and I could do without Diamondback becoming a stripper, but checking in for a office-building rumble like that is funny.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Random Stranger posted:

More silver age criminal justice system for you:

Lois Lane #42

I guess the colorist didn't get the memo?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Travis343 posted:

I guess the colorist didn't get the memo?

Colorist just don't give a gently caress. Like, the writer and the penciler they are, like, artisans, maybe craftsman at best, but the colorist, he is and artist.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ImpAtom posted:

Usually it was Clark standing in for Batman, not Bruce or wearing a rubber mask or something though.

My favorite is the Batman: TAS episode where Robin is the one subbing for Bruce Wayne, with makeup, voice-disguising, and stilts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sam Wilson Captain America 5

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
SWCA is loving insane and I respect that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ANW#4.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Man, what are Internet communities like in the Marvel universe? I mean, I'm sure there's still plenty of fan/slash fic (Kamala mentions shipping Wolverine with ... someone I can't remember), but it must be weird being fans of people/factions that cause so much collateral damage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

Man, what are Internet communities like in the Marvel universe? I mean, I'm sure there's still plenty of fan/slash fic (Kamala mentions shipping Wolverine with ... someone I can't remember), but it must be weird being fans of people/factions that cause so much collateral damage.

I imagine it is exactly like the modern internet except the horrible people are praising Dr. Doom instead of Donald Trump. "Sure, he's a horrible monster but he speaks his mind!" "He might have tried to shoot the Fantastic Four into space but he's got confidence!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine it is exactly like the modern internet except the horrible people are praising Dr. Doom instead of Donald Trump. "Sure, he's a horrible monster but he speaks his mind!" "He might have tried to shoot the Fantastic Four into space but he's got confidence!"

I was unironically a huge Doom supporter before Secret Wars made me see the truth back when he killed Strange, and now I'm even more ashamed. :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"Doom might have killed billions but at least he's not a republican"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

"Doom might have killed billions but at least he's not a republican"

Well, he's not a monster, geez.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Secret Wars #9. Reed going all 'Jesus what the gently caress did he do to me!?' and doom's :staredog:. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Can't believe Doom is a Jawa.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
American Alien #3 is fantastic despite the reputation of the writer. Sam WIlson #4 as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god robot snuff

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Superman impersonating Bruce Wayne?
Easy with his shape-shifting abilities.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I don't know about internet communities, but Wikipedia must be a bitch to edit. See Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2 for examples:

It'd be especially hard to maintain in a world where time travel exists

USG #3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Keromaru5 posted:

My favorite is the Batman: TAS episode where Robin is the one subbing for Bruce Wayne, with makeup, voice-disguising, and stilts.

Wasn't that a New Adventures episode?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I don't remember Robin-on-stilts, but I know Superman TAS had the episode Knight Time where Superman has to imitate Batman when Bruce goes MIA and it's probably one of my favorite episodes in the entire DCAU.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Presented without context:

Source: Supreme 52-A, Alan Moore and Jim Mooney

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Lurdiak posted:

No, it was the one with Dr. Hugo Strange. While Batman and Gordon have Strange in cuffs, Strange says Batman is really Bruce Wayne. Then Bruce walks up, stands next to Batman, and gives an alibi.

Then when everybody's gone, Dick starts using his regular voice, takes off his mask, and says "I wish you weren't so tall, though. Walking in these leg extension braces is a pain."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh yeah. That was a terrible episode.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Good Joker moments in that episode though.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

laz0rbeak posted:

Presented without context:

Source: Supreme 52-A, Alan Moore and Jim Mooney
Alan Moore's Supreme was awesome, filled with crazy fun stuff just like this. It was a parody/tribute to the Silver Age before everyone else started doing that. It wasn't a "serious" book, as evidenced below: Korgo the Space Tyrant has conquered the White House...

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

TwoPair posted:

I don't remember Robin-on-stilts, but I know Superman TAS had the episode Knight Time where Superman has to imitate Batman when Bruce goes MIA and it's probably one of my favorite episodes in the entire DCAU.

Is that the one where Superman-as-Batman runs into Bane and Riddler and causes them to have a complete meltdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Uthor posted:

In one issue of Posehn's run on Deadpool, Wade is easy to find simply because he tweets everything. Iron Fist was disappointed because there used to be actual challenge in locating people, and Deadpool is giving out the name of the restaurant where he's taking a poo poo in the soup.