Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

hyperhazard posted:

What the hell. Who does math this way? Why do you need 5 lines to come to the conclusion that 1,000,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 = 10,000 / 3? :psyduck:

Hey, at least this one got the right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

hyperhazard posted:

What the hell. Who does math this way? Why do you need 5 lines to come to the conclusion that 1,000,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 = 10,000 / 3? :psyduck:

I know a chinaman who does math this way

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I want to apologize for my last post as the word chinaman should have been capitalized.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

hyperhazard posted:

but if you do it in scientific notation, then it's science

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

If this showed up in my feed I would literally call the police

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

speaking of "MILLENNIALS!!!" a friend just linked me to the most amazing/tryhard article about how terrible this generation is http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#Ip29IWACltoXGkBz.99

the writer is also a TERF
Being old just means you've been an idiot for a long time, rather being still freshly ignorant.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Garrand posted:

I still don't know wtf topix is outside of every time a link has ever sent me there there's a bunch of racists rants regardless of whatever the page was supposed to be about.

Topix is ostensibly a message board for cities ranging from New York city to lovely towns with about 400 residents. Whenever I go to my friends house in the middle of nowhere, we spend all night looking at gossip on it.

My internet is down and I don't know how to link things on my phone, but Google whatever small town you can think of. I guarantee it's filled with racism, gossip and a shocking amount of belligerence.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

speaking of "MILLENNIALS!!!" a friend just linked me to the most amazing/tryhard article about how terrible this generation is http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#Ip29IWACltoXGkBz.99

Argh good lord this is the worst thing I've read in months

What planet does the author live on?

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Those are a lot of words that basically says "People younger than me are doing things differently than I did! I'm very crotchety right now!"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

This is one of the many reasons why even though I watch Doctor Who, I never talk about it with anyone.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I dunno, it doesn't seem too far off from an actual episode. Self-indulgent historical fantasy stuff like that was why I had to stop watching the show in the first place.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
But can we work Neutral Milk Hotel into the plot?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

grittyreboot posted:

My internet is down and I don't know how to link things on my phone, but Google whatever small town you can think of. I guarantee it's filled with racism, gossip and a shocking amount of belligerence.

Lol thanks for this

quote:

I plan to vote for Wendy because her plan makes common sense to me. She simply advocates that we spend money to buy birth control pills for all women to keep them from getting knocked up. It’s unrealistic and even inhumane to think that girls won’t have sex. I had my first piece of rear end at age 14 and couldn’t get enough after that. I began to look for any fanny I could find to tap. If we don’t buy the pills for the girls, we’ll be stuck once she gets pregnant. In that scenario we either fork over hundred of dollars for an abortion or we have to fund the little bastard for the next 20 years through welfare, food stamps and Medicaid. So all you complainers need to wake up and smell the coffee – do you want to pay a few dollars for the birth control up front or hundreds of dollars to kill it after she gets pregnant or tens of thousands to pay for the kid through high school? Vote Wendy and everyone will be happy.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

This is one of the many reasons why even though I watch Doctor Who, I never talk about it with anyone.

The Vincent van Gogh episode where they do exactly this was very nearly tasteful. This is Heil Honey I'm Home levels of dreadful.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

quote:

Philly Mag’s November cover package highlighted the pretzels that local companies are twisting themselves into to attract and keep younger workers. Forget about a salary and some health insurance. Kids today want “hardwood floors, greenery and sunlight,” gourmet staff breakfasts, “nap rooms,” ping-pong tables, slides, rooftop lounges and beer on tap.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#EFPyBP2wJBZhBEhK.99

I don't know how this became a thing, but you'd have a lot of difficulty finding anyone willing to choose hardwood floors over a decent paycheque and some vacation days.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

hyperhazard posted:

UGH THIS IS WHY WE NEED COMMON CORE OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I keep getting Rolling Stone in my feed as a sponsored page and for some reason it's the link is always to a two-year-old slideshow article of things millennials supposedly have never heard of. The image is usually either the show "Dinosaurs," which is from the 90s, or a goddamned floppy disk, which I was using in middle school all the way back in 2005.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Argh good lord this is the worst thing I've read in months

What planet does the author live on?

One where she doesn't understand that the problem isn't "kids these days", it's her inability to evolve alongside the world. Considering she's throwing a tantrum about millennials, she seems awfully entitled.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

cash crab posted:

One where she doesn't understand that the problem isn't "kids these days", it's her inability to evolve alongside the world. Considering she's throwing a tantrum about millennials, she seems awfully entitled.

She starts the article with "As a boomer", so a sense of entitlement is guaranteed. gently caress boomers.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Takoluka posted:

UGH THIS IS WHY WE NEED COMMON CORE OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS

What have you done

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

ohh boomers :allears:

Really, If we wanted to mock millennials over their choice of song lyrics then I'd pick that loving Green Day graduation song.

And while we're mocking a generation for being misguided about ages, let's forget Boomers told us not trust anyone over 30.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
The owner of a game store back near my college has joined in on the Powerball fun (not blacking out his name because this is obviously meant to be shared):

In the past, he's also stated his strong support for Donald Trump, complained about "bleeding heart liberals", and unironically used the phrase "All Lives Matter". I guess, if all else fails, it's free advertising.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

artsy fartsy posted:

Lol thanks for this

What does it say about me that the fact that this dude isn't saying "it's their fault for being whores and birth control is murder paid for by tax dollars" makes me less grossed out by him

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

The owner of a game store back near my college has joined in on the Powerball fun (not blacking out his name because this is obviously meant to be shared):

In the past, he's also stated his strong support for Donald Trump, complained about "bleeding heart liberals", and unironically used the phrase "All Lives Matter". I guess, if all else fails, it's free advertising.

Haha this is such a good idea to get some buzz for the price of a few tickets.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr_Amazing posted:

Haha this is such a good idea to get some buzz for the price of a few tickets.

There's been tons of these.

I notice the post doesn't say *how* it's being split... 1% between everyone who follows the rules is possible.

Ah didn't notice that line on the image.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I wonder how many of them will actually cough up the eight cents each person will have a claim to if they get one number.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Aesop Poprock posted:

What does it say about me that the fact that this dude isn't saying "it's their fault for being whores and birth control is murder paid for by tax dollars" makes me less grossed out by him

It's a clear-cut case of the ends justifying the means. He's a total pig but in the end he's making the best decision for womens' interests.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Elderbean posted:

Holy poo poo, this is nothing but anecdotes.

She read part of an article about millennials who gave their kids weird names and concluded that we all do.

I've never wanted to flip someone off while chanting "Moon Unit Zappa" before, yet here we are.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Poor guy is having a stroke.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
"The stupid will take care of them self's!"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That has to be a joke, it's too good otherwise.

mng posted:

So, Tested.com made a podcast on YouTube today, and instead of one of their usual hosts, they had on Rebecca Watson. For those who don't know, she's an outspoken feminist on YouTube, and usually opines about gender issues, rape culture, Gamergate, stuff like that. The podcast never has any heavy topics on, just nerdy stuff, movies they've seen, modelling projects, etc. Today they talked about Jessica Jones and how they all loved the show, and David Bowie. Harmless, right?

MRAs were crawling out of the woodwork to stomp their feet and scream about feminism taking over their beloved male only nerd show.

Also, late to the party but I could read an entire thread about angry nerds throwing tantrums about how their sacred interests are being taken over and ruined by other people becoming interested in them. :allears:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I call Bologna. But a parody "Christian mothers group of America" or whatever could still be good.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Two days ago, this guy was also remarking that Chanty Binx "makes [his] piss boil" and spent Christmas eve arguing with feminist groups on Facebook. I think it's so weird that it took him until now to discover 4chan and ED.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

I have no words for how awful this is.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

RareAcumen posted:

That has to be a joke

It is.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I almost posted this here. At first reading, I thought the guy was claiming the shooting was a hoax by the government to discredit gun owners. I'm still not sure myself('s).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

I almost posted this here. At first reading, I thought the guy was claiming the shooting was a hoax by the government to discredit gun owners. I'm still not sure myself('s).

Fun Fact: It's more likely that you will kill yourself or a family member over a home invader.

Normal people make huge fuckups like this all the time.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Jan 14, 2016