Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Her name's Sydney.

I still want a Trenchgun and the M60. Maybe the UMP now that SMGs are literal pocket assault rifles - if the MP5 is gonna be poo poo in this game, the UMP better not be.

Also a quick browse of reddit and the Steam forums is pretty hilarious. So many loving salty nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
So I was playing Cook off for about half an hour and mere seconds from finishing the heist windows decides to restart my computer for an update.
Which is weird, because I set it specifically to never do that years ago. Must have changed the setting back to automatic restart when I wasn't looking.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I'm still waiting for a :krad: 80's gun pack with Calicos and the Pancor Jackhammer.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Explosionface posted:

I'm still waiting for a :krad: 80's gun pack with Calicos and the Pancor Jackhammer.

I've been dreaming about a PP-19 Bizon in-game for awhile. Maybe a Soviet pack with a PP-19, a PPSh-41, and an SVD or something could be awesome.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Explosionface posted:

Still want an h&k g11 to be put in with an unorthodox/forgotten weapons gun pack with poo poo like an LeMatt revolver and this loving thing.

And a high-caliber custom made pepperbox, just cause :buddy:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sydney and Jiro's Hollywood Heist is probably for next Crimefest. They're big things that were mentioned around the last one and the smart move would be to hold onto those for a big event. The community just can't wait for anything as it still beats its chest even now about safe house customization needs to BE HERE NOW AND FREE. They're rather have no content than content that isn't exactly what Goldfarb mentioned millions of years ago at this point.

EDIT: Also be careful for wishing for weird guns as I can just see a loving Nambu 14/94 finding its way into this game. 50% chance of misfiring, 30% of being stuck in the chamber as you frantically go through several reloading and weapon bashing attempts to unfuck the gun and a 10% of accidentally either instantly downing you or any cop the gun is pointing at with every shot.

Bonus points if you include the feature where pressing on the exposed sear could function as its own Pistol Messiah like revenge shot.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 13, 2016

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

We need a Monty Puthon Heist. Robbing the Ministry of Silly Walks would be pretty fun.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reddit seriously angry new dlc isn't priced similar to two year old dlc during a twice yearly sale. At this point they might as well release the gently caress /R/paydaytheheist Heist, because nothing is going to please that psychotic little ant mill.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Reddit seriously angry new dlc isn't priced similar to two year old dlc during a twice yearly sale. At this point they might as well release the gently caress /R/paydaytheheist Heist, because nothing is going to please that psychotic little ant mill.

Oh my god I would love that

"Free Almir Listo character pack with the DLC, thanks to the sales of the black market drills, AND because of your outrageous support!"

He'd come with a special SMG called "Cry some more", and a rifle named "Many salty tears"

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 13, 2016

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

BillmasterCozb posted:

Oh my god I would love that

"Free Almir Listo character pack with the DLC, thanks to the sales of the black market drills, AND because of your outrageous support!"

He'd come with a special SMG called "Cry some more", and a rifle named "Many salty tears"

The reward would be 5 exclusive safes, all of which drop nothing upon drilling them.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Re thread title : The goatfuck is *colossal*. Get it right or pay the price.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This man knows a lot about goatfucking. Just look at his avatar!

Therefore I trust his opinion on these matters.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
If you thought the salt was heavy yesterday... :unsmigghh:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Day 2 is up with a link to a thing:

http://goatpayday.com/

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Thanks to Sykic for the new title, and CowCaster for granting it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Plan Z posted:

Thanks to Sykic for the new title, and CowCaster for granting it.

"Payday 2: Colossal Goatfuck Simulator" is what I suggested :colbert:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wintermutant posted:

Day 2 is up with a link to a thing:

http://goatpayday.com/

Not sure who's gonna cry more: Reddit or my wallet.

EDIT: Wait a tick, there's nothing on any new weaponry or whatsits is there? Or is that day 3?

widespread fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 13, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We're already in trouble apparently. Everyone has to be mad at Goats because two comments on reddit.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

We can't have fun in games, that's just silly.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

quote:

as developer Overkill added microtransaction boosts, apologised, then added paid-for stat-changing skins too.

Interesting interpretation of how the microtransactions were added. I'm seriously sick of angry dudes on reddit being the face & voice of every game's fanbase.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Overkill website is down. DDoS?

I cannot comprehend the depths of this salt.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Geight posted:

Interesting interpretation of how the microtransactions were added. I'm seriously sick of angry dudes on reddit being the face & voice of every game's fanbase.

quote:

Monkey_Puncher
8 hours ago
Is it really so wrong to be charging for some DLC considering the game has been out 2 or 3 years and is still being supported by the developer?

There are a lot of cases where microtransactions are wrong. In this case though it seems to me like the overly entitled player base come off as whingers.

Don't want to pay? Don't buy it.
-14 /24

Negative fourteen points. Low enough that it is auto-hidden. gently caress the PD2 playerbase.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
If you're salty at this, I'm pretty sure you're dead inside:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

bbcisdabomb posted:

Negative fourteen points. Low enough that it is auto-hidden. gently caress the PD2 playerbase.

How dare two game companies who are collaborating together want money for both of their efforts. How dare OVERKILL even think of touching Goat Simulator when they aren't giving me free DLC and sucking my dick for putting in drills.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

How dare two game companies who are collaborating together want money for both of their efforts. How dare OVERKILL even think of touching Goat Simulator when they aren't giving me free DLC and sucking my dick for putting in drills.

Call of loving Duty comes out every year with a new game, for $60 then charges $15 each for three map packs of 3-4 new maps and maybe one gun, none of which get any playtime because you have to own the DLC to play them. These games are heralded every year as The Best Shooting Game Ever! on Reddit. Payday 2, which is now $20 two years after its release and releases roughly the same dollar amount of DLC every year without the $60 yearly tax, is an example of a bad company.
That makes sense, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Slur's posting to defend the devs on reddit.

Oh god, there's a trailer for the goat simulheister DLC that's entirely the characters talking about why you should buy indie game DLC at launch.

Here's the video.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

mrhonk123 confirmed for Vox

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

mrhonk123 confirmed for Vox

Look, I'd love a payday 2 dating sim. Who here wouldn't? But Huniepop, the 5 minutes of it that I played, was among other things extremely racist and had a patch that added sex. I don't want either of those in my Crime Dating Sim.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Look, I'd love a payday 2 dating sim. Who here wouldn't? But Huniepop, the 5 minutes of it that I played, was among other things extremely racist and had a patch that added sex. I don't want either of those in my Crime Dating Sim.

Look man, some of us need our Hoxton/Houston OTP shipfics and there's nothing wrong with being racist against cops.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Uh the sex was always there idiot maybe be better at popping hunnies and u'd know this

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I've been told fun might be around the corner?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Discendo Vox posted:

Okay maybe popping hunies ain't your thing. So why not watch them run a studio sometime later on. It'd be like the 2015 Christmas heist complete with-

... on second thought, let's talk more about goatfucker Boris instead.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

It seems that Overkill has really got the playerbase's goat.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Discendo Vox posted:

Wait, you mean it isn't? What the hell have I been whispering sweet nothings over mumble to goons for then?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
New DLC is also gonna include a Salt Lick for all this amazing salt this announcement has generated. For both games.

edit:

bbcisdabomb posted:

This. The entitled playerbase thinks that the game devs are gonna just roll out super amazing :krad: updates and charge nothing. Overkill needs to make money for living? gently caress that. I want my free everything.

Its a shame that Overkill is getting a lot of their feedback from Reddit.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 13, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the one thing i will agree with vox on is huniepop is bad

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

the one thing i will agree with vox on is huniepop is bad

Death Vox is fantastic. Bernie Sanders should not be president. Stealth is great.

vvvv I'm glad we see eye to eye on all of this.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 13, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

Undertale is fantastic. Donald Trump should not be president. Goat DLC is great.

poo poo 4 things goddamn it

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
The point break heists have shown that Overkill's level design skills are still there. I bet the goat levels will be fun and pretty well-designed. Is Lion doing any more Payday 2 content or are they focused on that WW2 game they're making?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

poo poo 4 things goddamn it

You might as well be vox now