Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

So you can't play this on a normal computer, only a tiny pocket computer?
How come "mobile games" don't all have web based or PC versions? Is it really that hard?

Yes, programming games for completely different devices is hard. And they are going to make more money targeting mobile so they went with that. Like everyone is saying, just get an emulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Canned Panda posted:

I ponied up for a B&C ticket, and got this Morty as the "Special Prize"

This game loving rules.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I bought one and got an Orange Shirt Morty.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Andy, actually.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

Kaethela posted:

I bought one and got an Orange Shirt Morty.

I got a Wizard Morty :D

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I love that they used music from the show

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a way to heal my Mortys without burning through all of my items or do I have to wait until I can portal back to the Citadel first?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Anybody try crafting yet? It's not like Elder Scrolls where your items are destroyed even if there's no combo, so it seems like you can experiment. I don't have many ingredients yet though.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Depressio111117 posted:

Anybody try crafting yet? It's not like Elder Scrolls where your items are destroyed even if there's no combo, so it seems like you can experiment. I don't have many ingredients yet though.

Yeah, it looks like when you put items in the slots it'll show you what it will create before you hit craft. I don't know what the items do though, I'm sure someone has already posted all the combos online somewhere.

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006

Kaethela posted:

Is there a way to heal my Mortys without burning through all of my items or do I have to wait until I can portal back to the Citadel first?

Have to use items when you're in the field.

However having all of your Mortys dazed sends you back to the Citadel, but you don't lose anything. The dimensions seem to be random so you can't go back once you leave though.

Also you can fight the wild Mortys even if you don't intend to catch them and they seem to give the same amount of money and items as trainers.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Depressio111117 posted:

So far I've managed to get a free serum and a dark matter, the latter I have no idea what to do with. It's a crafting ingredient, so I'm not sure what I can make with it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I got a lowly ol' Spork Morty from my first ticket and since I don't have those capture chips to snag more Morty's I'm getting the distinct impression I need to spork over some real world bucks for some B&C tickets?

I didn't want to pay before I knew if I even really liked this game or not but so far I guess it's pretty fun?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Where the hell do you find more Morty pokeballs? Do you have to craft them or get a number of badges to be able to buy them?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
I've found a few out in the world, and I'm starting to see them in the store now. My Mortys are all around level 8 or so.

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think you need two badges before you can buy them in the store.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Speedball posted:

Where the hell do you find more Morty pokeballs? Do you have to craft them or get a number of badges to be able to buy them?

Get two badges and they appear in the store for 500 shmeckels.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

One pull of the Blips and Chitz machine got me a sweet-looking Karate Morty, and the next world I jumped into conveniently had two of his precursor, Self-Defense Morty, allowing me to combine them all to make this motherfucker:

He's so angry all the time. :(

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Goddamn. That's some Morty you got right there.

I just spent like 15 minutes watching ads in my peripheral just to get enough schmeckles to buy a control chip to fetch me an Old Man Morty.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fount of knowledge posted:

He's from the timeline where Morty wasn't able to stop King Jellybean. Never again.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fount of knowledge posted:

One pull of the Blips and Chitz machine got me a sweet-looking Karate Morty, and the next world I jumped into conveniently had two of his precursor, Self-Defense Morty, allowing me to combine them all to make this motherfucker:

This is so loving rad.

AndyElusive posted:

Goddamn. That's some Morty you got right there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I got No Skin Morty from my first ticket and I think he's my favorite, just visually. And the entire like of falling-apart Mortys have hilarious bios.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bought a ticket, capsule came with a ticket inside, used that, got another ticket. Unfortunately it ended there. Yay 3 Morty's for the price of 1 though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like the combining thing, if you just grab four of some basic Morty you can jam them all together to make a pretty strong Morty. I stuck four of those Amoeba-looking Mortys together and the resulting Morty wrecks all the faces. Also grabbed two upgraded scruffy Mortys and now they are Hobo Morty. The free ticket got me a Robot Morty and he is quite good too. I'm hoping there's some gimmicky thing with regular Morty later.

Oh, I also like all the other Ricks as well. I even met Doofus Rick. And Evil Rick. And Birdperson.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I think the only gimmick with regular Morty is that he has no type thus no weakness and all the Morty's you get from blips and chitz are at his current level.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

McDragon posted:

Oh, I also like all the other Ricks as well. I even met Doofus Rick. And Evil Rick. And Birdperson.

I was thinking about this a little bit in the finale, if there are an infinite number of timelines and dimensions resulting in multiple Ricks/Mortys, that means that there are other Birdpersons as well, right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

McDragon posted:

Doofus Rick is the best. When you get his badge, his comment is, "All that matters is that you care about your Mortys."

:3:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I was thinking about this a little bit in the finale, if there are an infinite number of timelines and dimensions resulting in multiple Ricks/Mortys, that means that there are other Birdpersons as well, right?

For the most part, yeah. Its entirely plausible that in several dimensions Bird Person died, and in several more dimensions he was never born. But yeah, there's pretty much gotta be at least one more birdperson out there.

They could do a fun alternate universe episode with different versions of birdperson and squancy and such for a gag sometime, but for the most part I think they'll try to stay away from too many other versions of characters who aren't Rick or Morty, as it could kinda mess up the narrative.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

For the most part, yeah. Its entirely plausible that in several dimensions Bird Person died, and in several more dimensions he was never born. But yeah, there's pretty much gotta be at least one more birdperson out there.

They could do a fun alternate universe episode with different versions of birdperson and squancy and such for a gag sometime, but for the most part I think they'll try to stay away from too many other versions of characters who aren't Rick or Morty, as it could kinda mess up the narrative.

I agree, I think the alternates work best in concentrated doses like Jerryboree or The Council of Ricks. Next season starting with Birdperson-2 showing up to save Rick from prison and then filling in as Rick's best friend for the rest of the show would be a huge letdown for me.

Specifically, I was thinking of a version of Birdperson from a timeline with a more selfish Rick who chose NOT to save him at some point and became Rick's archnemesis. ("He is the reason you and I know each other. And the reason I'm alive at all.")

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I agree, I think the alternates work best in concentrated doses like Jerryboree or The Council of Ricks. Next season starting with Birdperson-2 showing up to save Rick from prison and then filling in as Rick's best friend for the rest of the show would be a huge letdown for me.

Specifically, I was thinking of a version of Birdperson from a timeline with a more selfish Rick who chose NOT to save him at some point and became Rick's archnemesis. ("He is the reason you and I know each other. And the reason I'm alive at all.")

I always thought birdperson was a joke on birdman from Hanna-Barbera, but apparently its more a joke on The Hawk from Buck Rogers, who was originally an enemy of Buck Rogers who wanted to get revenge on humans.

So that'd actually be kinda appropriate.

One thing I'd like to see in the next season is more information about Rick's relationship with Morty. Rick had a picture of Morty as a baby and has a memory of holding him even though chronologically that doesn't seem to fit. That's a setup for something and I wanna see where the rabbit hole goes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Rick had a picture of Morty as a baby and has a memory of holding him even though chronologically that doesn't seem to fit.

What makes that not fit? Obviously Rick has spent a lot of Morty's life away/adventuring, but that doesn't mean he never visited.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Also does chronology even figure into it? You know Rick has a time machine somewhere.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

McDragon posted:

I like the combining thing, if you just grab four of some basic Morty you can jam them all together to make a pretty strong Morty. I stuck four of those Amoeba-looking Mortys together and the resulting Morty wrecks all the faces. Also grabbed two upgraded scruffy Mortys and now they are Hobo Morty.

poo poo, here I was trying to collect a good assortment of Morty's to cover the rock paper scissor meta and this whole time I should have been trying to collect the same kinds and mash them together.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

rydiafan posted:

What makes that not fit? Obviously Rick has spent a lot of Morty's life away/adventuring, but that doesn't mean he never visited.

I could be wrong but wasn't Rick supposed to be missing from Beth during that time? It'd be weird if he spent time with Morty but not Beth.

I remember when evil rick is reading rick's memories and he cries over his memories of Morty, there's a picture of him holding Morty as a baby.

From the Rick & Morty wiki

quote:

It has been mentioned multiple times that Rick has been absent from the family for at least fourteen years and it wasn't until about just over a month before the events of the Pilot episode when Rick finally returned to the Smith house on the date of January 15th. The reason for his absence is unknown to the rest of the family.

Morty is ~14 years old. I guess Rick could have been there for his birth and first few months and then taken off after that. Which then brings why Rick even left all the more into question and whether Morty was involved or something.

There's also the fact that Birdperson has a picture of Rick holding Morty as a baby in his house, which at the very least means that 14 years ago Rick was already travelling through space and meeting aliens before he decided to run away from Beth and the family.

Interestingly I just found this Dan Harmon quote

quote:

“Should we decide that there is a secret we keep from the audience forever?” But we always know it.” I won’t say what. We said, “Oh, what about this?” And we went, “Yeah, that’s really cool.” I was kind of obsessed with it for a while. But I think what’s really interesting about this new golden age of TV is that [Snaps fingers.] halfway through the first season, somebody made a Reddit post where they threw out the theory, which was exactly what we had talked about, basically. It was like, “Oh, thank God we didn’t really do anything with it.”

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e: misread

Pretend I posted a hilarious quote from IDC II here

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Now that I think about it, I guess the picture of rick holding baby morty at birdperson's could have been taken before Rick developed the portal gun, but then he gave the (previously taken) picture to birdperson, so that doesn't really prove anything.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

JD posted:

I love that they used music from the show
Holy poo poo this music is excellent. I was already in love with the Nintendo-ized version of the opening theme but then the Chaos Chaos song from Rick trying to kill himself started playing right away and :vince:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's a travesty Chaos Chaos aren't famous. Also, they're tremendous live.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm playing the Android version and I can't seem to actually exit the game or save it. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Back button didn't work, holding menu didn't work. I pretty much can only hit the main home button to get back to home. Galaxy Note 4 if it means anything.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Any sign of a MissingMo. yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Medullah posted:

I'm playing the Android version and I can't seem to actually exit the game or save it. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Back button didn't work, holding menu didn't work. I pretty much can only hit the main home button to get back to home. Galaxy Note 4 if it means anything.

It automatically saves, but in settings there's a "Save to Cloud" feature if you want to be sure.

I'm pretty sure the only way to exit is the home button and then just swiping it off the screen of active programs.

• Locked thread