Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ninja Steel is in fact coming in 2017.

Saban posted:

Saban's Power Rangers Ninja Steel starts deep in space, where Zircon is the reigning champion of the most popular intergalactic game show in the universe, and monsters battle to prove who is the mightiest warrior. Zircon is determined to become invincible by controlling the mythical Spirit Crystal, which contains six supernatural Ninja Power Throwing Stars. The only thing standing in his way is a new team of heroic teenage Power Rangers who possess the Spirit Crystal. The evil Zircon sends his warrior contestants down to Earth to steal the Crystal, where each epic battle against the Rangers is broadcast throughout the universe. Together, the Rangers must master their arsenal of Throwing Stars, Zords and Megazords, each made of legendary ninja steel, in order to stop this evil threat and save our planet from destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If they play up that intergalactic game show flavor way up this could be something amazing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I guess after "Symbol Power" in Samurai I should have seen "Throwing Stars" coming but man does that term sound dumb.

EDIT: Also are they going to address why one of the throwing stars is in a cheeseburger?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So this is my last week here in Fast Download Land (dorms in France), and I thought I might as well download as much toku as I can while I'm here, but I'm also lazy so I'm just using the list from the second post (it's a month old at worst, so no issue).

Are shows without a COMPLETE, but no "in progress" either, complete? Or is it a crapshoot?
Shows without links, TV-N aside, they're still not TV-N subs, yes? Like, they're watchable/good?

This is more specific, but is there a batch for O-T's Shinkenger anywhere? I think I have the first five episodes on another PC, but with being abroad and all, I figure it'd be better to go for the whole thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not gonna lie. I actually really like the idea of Intergalactic Evil Monster Show. The ninja stuff is hilariously out of tone with the rest of the pitch though.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Intergalactic gives them an excuse for the Aquatar Rangers to show up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serperoth posted:

So this is my last week here in Fast Download Land (dorms in France), and I thought I might as well download as much toku as I can while I'm here, but I'm also lazy so I'm just using the list from the second post (it's a month old at worst, so no issue).

Are shows without a COMPLETE, but no "in progress" either, complete? Or is it a crapshoot?
Shows without links, TV-N aside, they're still not TV-N subs, yes? Like, they're watchable/good?

This is more specific, but is there a batch for O-T's Shinkenger anywhere? I think I have the first five episodes on another PC, but with being abroad and all, I figure it'd be better to go for the whole thing.

anything without a link is just me being lazy and not editing in links right away

anything with a subgroup and no other comments is finished, no subgroup no subs (that aren't TVN)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

anything without a link is just me being lazy and not editing in links right away

anything with a subgroup and no other comments is finished, no subgroup no subs (that aren't TVN)

That's helpful, thanks :)
I was surprised by GomenRider's site showing the latest post going up to episode 8 of Agito... Then I scrolled down and saw that it was some V2 or something. :downs:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

mynameishong posted:

Is there any reliable way to see Mechanical Violator Hakaider?
Find one of the Tokyo Shock DVDs second-hand?

Man, I have all sorts of poo poo to say about Hakaider; I don't even know where to start. Before I realized that toku was a thing or what Kikaider was, I rented Hakaider from somewhere right around 2001/2002 and loved it to death. It's a great example of that excessively gritty 90s aesthetic and just so goofily earnest.

EDIT:

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Waffleman_ posted:

This sounds infinitely better than what Ninninger has had to offer.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zero_Tactility posted:

Find one of the Tokyo Shock DVDs second-hand?

Man, I have all sorts of poo poo to say about Hakaider; I don't even know where to start. Before I realized that toku was a thing or what Kikaider was, I rented Hakaider from somewhere right around 2001/2002 and loved it to death. It's a great example of that excessively gritty 90s aesthetic and just so goofily earnest.

EDIT:

Hakaider is the best.

I lost my copy of the DVD but I loving love the line that went with that image. It was something like "If you are good, then I am evil."
Just the most 90s as gently caress thing in the best way. If actual 90s anti heroes were like Hakaider, comics would have been amazing

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
15 episodes into Zyuranger and it continues to be most excellent, Witch Bandora and the Dora Monsters are shaping up to be my favorite Sentai villains, and a serious competitor for favorite Toku villains(got some serious competition from the Kamen Rider side of things though)

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Post some of those cool WEBMs I see on 4chan

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, it uses the concept of "flashy ninjas" in a fairly clever way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The complete series of Power Rangers Wild Force is coming to DVD for 17 bucks!

What a bargain!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Was Wild Force any good? I remember it fairly fondly, but I was also like 12 at the time. (Same story for Lost Galaxy, actually.)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wild Force is the best but I'm biased because it's what I have fond memories of watching as a child.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Was Wild Force any good? I remember it fairly fondly, but I was also like 12 at the time. (Same story for Lost Galaxy, actually.)

It's uh

Definitely worth 20 bucks!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, you know who was a great villain? Ransik. I mean, this was years ago the last time I watched the series, but the dude actually felt human. Like an individual, instead of just a hammy stage villain (though he was definitely that, too).

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's not gonna blow you away or anything but it's far from the worst series.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Burkion posted:

"If you are good, then I am evil."
http://imgur.com/a/CHxEv

(For people who need context about this xtreme 90s edginess: This is the big showdown between Hakaider and Michael, the top robo-enforcer in the fascist, post-apocalyptic dystopia of JESUSTOWN. They're struggling back and forth, and Michael picks up an orchid as a prop, which Hakaider then grabs and leads to hakaider.gif at the end there)

Hakaider is a deeply, profoundly dumb movie, and I love it.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 14, 2016

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
That is an extremely romantic showdown.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Rolling around, flowers, and candle light spontaneous combustion? You bet it is.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Dr Tran posted:

Post some of those cool WEBMs I see on 4chan

https://jii.moe/4ydakle_x.webm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh! When did we get webm support?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

ImpAtom posted:

Huh! When did we get webm support?

Yesterday, at roughly the same time we got embedded tweets. Welcome to the glorious webm future, leave your gifs at the door.
https://jii.moe/NJSn_xgdg.webm

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

15 episodes into Zyuranger and it continues to be most excellent, Witch Bandora and the Dora Monsters are shaping up to be my favorite Sentai villains, and a serious competitor for favorite Toku villains(got some serious competition from the Kamen Rider side of things though)

I think there's something really smooth about the Dora Monster designs. Even Dora Franke who's nothing but a guy in a Frankenstein costume manages to look cool when he throws Daizyujin around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dora Franken owns because of what happens with him

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'm very sad that ghost 13 isn't up yet, but also am hopeful that the translation team is using this extra time to get themselves some time off and really just relax. Mainly because no one ever says 'you know what guys, we know you're people to, so please just relax and thanks for doing this for us people who can't understand the language.'

So.

You know what guys? I know you're people too, so please just relax and thanks for doing this for people like me who can't understand the language of the stupid kids show that I love to watch.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Ghost 13 is great because at this point Makoto is actually just flat out magic and whenever Takeru is about to get in a fight he apparently has some kind of alarm in his head go off.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

He REALLY wants you to look at him and his fancy gun.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
heh he has a hand gun

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

Ghost 13 is great because at this point Makoto is actually just flat out magic and whenever Takeru is about to get in a fight he apparently has some kind of alarm in his head go off.

Guessing that a kamen rider is probably fighting a monster on any given day isn't much of a super power.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Flashman 04

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elfgames posted:

heh he has a hand gun

It's more like a hand cannon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Latest Ninninjer has some shots of the next series's mecha in action. It doesn't look as bad as it initially seems but it's only a few seconds worth of movement.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Xelkelvos posted:

Latest Ninninjer has some shots of the next series's mecha in action. It doesn't look as bad as it initially seems but it's only a few seconds worth of movement.

More importantly, the preview for next weeks Ninninger shows ITSHAPPENING.GIF

DADRANGER

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ninninger has just really been a wet fart of a season for me. We're, what, 2 or 3 episodes from the end and it FINALLY feels like plot has been happening for the last handful?

Stallion Cabana posted:

More importantly, the preview for next weeks Ninninger shows ITSHAPPENING.GIF

DADRANGER

This, however, is a Good Thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

jivjov posted:

Ninninger has just really been a wet fart of a season for me. We're, what, 2 or 3 episodes from the end and it FINALLY feels like plot has been happening for the last handful?

Masakage is probably one of the worst Sentai villains I've ever seen. You get Frieza's voice actor and use him for such a pointless character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

Ninninger has just really been a wet fart of a season for me. We're, what, 2 or 3 episodes from the end and it FINALLY feels like plot has been happening for the last handful.

Yeah. I'm a diehard Sentai apologist for even the lamest seasons and it drives me crazy how far in we are and how little has happened.

I think Ghost starting and getting so drat good in the second half of its mere 13 episodes has really made that stand out.

• Locked thread