Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

zen death robot posted:

Houston Oilers sounds so much better than Houston Texans, and I don't understand why they weren't allowed to use that name since the Titains dropped it.

The Adams family still owns the rights to it, and they still use the Oilers uniform as their throwback

e: Heh. The Adams Family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Houston Oilers sounds so much better than Houston Texans, and I don't understand why they weren't allowed to use that name since the Titains dropped it.

Bud Adams owned the trademark

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Since this is the best opportunity to do so, the LA Chargers better play in the powder blues.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress the Chargers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Yeah I'm in StL, when you posted "gently caress the cardinals" something in my head snapped and I'm sorry

You ruined Brad Lidge :mad:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
you know Ross if you really wanna get back at Spanos the only logical move would be to pledge allegiance to the Denver Elways and buy yourself a nice #7

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
We can hope the Rams go back to the Yellow and Blue colors.

It sucks for both teams, but I assume people who live in San Diego will still be able to watch the LA Chargers on tv, STL Fans are going to get more Bears games on tv...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jed York looks ever so infinitesimally better by comparison with Spanos.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

i live a half mile away from chargers park and i'm trying to resist the urge to drive over and throw a brick through one of the windows

Every team that is moving should be required to give their fans one last 'We are tearing all the seats out of Cleveland Stadium' game before they go

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the gently caress are the aztecs going to do

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Homestar Runner posted:

you know Ross if you really wanna get back at Spanos the only logical move would be to pledge allegiance to the Denver Elways and buy yourself a nice #7

Ross, I respect you too much for you to even consider becoming a Broncos fan.

Do not listen to this man.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ross Angeles posted:

Capture, then ritually sacrifice Spanos.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross you're welcome to be a Texans fan if you want to continue your tradition of cheering for a team that refuses to fire its mediocre long entrenched GM

Of course, you're used to having a good QB so that might not appeal to you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Does San Diego have any high school fields?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Won't you just get shoehorned into either the Bears or Chiefs now

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

zen death robot posted:

At least I won't have to miss as many good games because there's a terrible Rams game on TV blocking every other choice.

On the other hand this should significantly cut down on the number of NFC East Joe Buck games over here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

time to share a stadium with USD fucker

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Intruder posted:

Almost certainly secondary market, which at least allows you to watch the Patriots, Steelers, Packers or NFC East on at the same time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alaois posted:

time to share a stadium with USD fucker

ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If mark sells the team to some shithead businessman who turns the raiders into the london monarchs, my plan is just to root for whichever team is playing the broncos each week.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I guess being in STL, my only choice is to root for

the Packers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

If mark sells the team to some shithead businessman who turns the raiders into the london monarchs, my plan is just to root for whichever team is playing the broncos each week.

RIP the San Diego Superchargers song as well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

:smith:

the worst part

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Gonna pump the brakes on the idea of Chargers to LA being a done deal. As of 10 minutes ago I'm not seeing indication of anything final, just a "framework".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/chargers-no-decisions-made-no-serious-review-of-deal-begun/

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Intruder posted:

Indianapolis is closer to St Louis than either city and I think Cardinals fans would rather die than cheer a Chicago team. But probably chiefs

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Ross Angeles posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhh

SDSU/future MLS team combo facility is one of the floated ideas. Could be worked into a poor man's Inglewood-esque redevelopment of the qualcomm site. There's just no other usable land around the Mesa so sadly mission valley's still their best bet.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Every square inch of that 'blue square' LED band will be covered in ads. It's going to look awful on gameday.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Gonna pump the brakes on the idea of Chargers to LA being a done deal. As of 10 minutes ago I'm not seeing indication of anything final, just a "framework".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/chargers-no-decisions-made-no-serious-review-of-deal-begun/

Correct, they have not even met to negotiate yet:

https://twitter.com/UTKevinAcee/status/687416033225912320

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Intruder posted:

its a fantastic song

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Nail Rat posted:

Indianapolis is closer to St Louis than either city and I think Cardinals fans would rather die than cheer a Chicago team. But probably chiefs

I'd guess all the Southern/Central Illinois TV Stations split between Bears and Titans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MechaFrogzilla posted:

can this please just loving end

death by a thousand cuts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Bud Adams owned the trademark

If I owned the Texans I would trade the Titans JJ Watt and Nuk Hopkins for the rights to the Oilers name, uniform and history

...it's probably a good thing I don't own the Texans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

5 miles. It's 5 miles closer than KC.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

Every square inch of that 'blue square' LED band will be covered in ads. It's going to look awful on gameday.

Who is supposed to see those anyways? They look like they are point up out of the stadium. Renders are always the dumbest things.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Raiders to San Diego for maximum comedy please. Plus there's already a solid Raiders fan base in San Diego

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wattershed posted:

SDSU/future MLS team combo facility is one of the floated ideas. Could be worked into a poor man's Inglewood-esque redevelopment of the qualcomm site. There's just no other usable land around the Mesa so sadly mission valley's still their best bet.

All I ever wanted was an on campus SDSU stadium

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

can this please just loving end

death by a thousand cuts

yeah i'm really looking forward to another year+ of this bullshit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

at least conference realignment in college football was cool because no one got hosed

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Ross would you root for the Raiders if they came to SD? I know I would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Ross would you root for the Raiders if they came to SD? I know I would

No.