Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tunicate posted:

From the imgur front page

Self promotion by shooting down strawmen. Bold.

1)This can't be found on his page anymore
2)when the guy posts poo poo like

I reaallllllllly have trouble picturing him as the guy described in that image, but people are multifaceted so who knows

I love that BOTH girls got the poo poo(and in one case literal teeth) knocked out of them, and not a single security guard did anything. Not a single one. I also like the brony saying "you're wearing granny glasses, the female fedora".
And then comes Ryu, Mr. Ryu "Japanese worship fat chicks" MashumaroOn'na

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
That's MASHUMARO NO ON'NANOKO!! and I'll have you know being/honouring a fat woman is considered the CORNERSTONE OF KAWAII!

In my homeland she would be considered.... beautiful :japan:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Source:http://imgur.com/gallery/P10sA
(I'll just post the images here)
Summary: First year of teaching history, stupid girl doesn't want to learn and stupid mother agrees, mom/daughter complain

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Postal Parcel posted:

Summary: First year of teaching history, stupid girl doesn't want to learn and stupid mother agrees, mom/daughter complain

A set of a dozen different image macros is always the best format for STDH.jpgs. I haven't seen a good ol' Courage Wolf in a long time though so that's nice.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

MonoAus posted:

That's MASHUMARO NO ON'NANOKO!! and I'll have you know being/honouring a fat woman is considered the CORNERSTONE OF KAWAII!

I just realized it says marshmellow in Japanese accent.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
More CMOA.

quote:

This troper has been taking lessons on Tang Soo Do karate for just over two years now. In the spring of 2008, this troper's sensei (the father of the class's official teacher, who runs the class with him) called in his sensei to run a seminar for the class and anyone else who felt like paying the admission fee. This troper was among those attended the seminar, and was introduced to the single most awesome individual since Kamina-sama. His name is Tai. During the course of Tai-sensei's seminar he occasionally shares stories from his past with us to make a point about his lecture. While this troper can't remember exactly how the topic came up, Tai made mention of an incident in his youth when he was working as a private investigator in New York City and ran afoul of a gang of between ten and twenty toughs somewhere in the Bronx (I think). After going off on a tangent and sharing his experiences on the strategic placement of key members in a Circle of Thugs (the leader always confronts the target head-on, guy number two is always behind him, guys number three and four are at the nine o'clock and three o'clock positions, and the losers fill out the circle), Tai recounts the leader getting up in his face and tossing out threats like Christmas presents. Tai claims he ripped the guy's ears off (it helps to give the ear a twist, which apparently makes it a bit more like a handle and easier to get a solid grip on), tossed them at thugs three and four, and while the leader is on the ground screaming and clutching what's left of his ears, Tai turns to guy number two and goes "You're next. Come 'ere." The guy bolts and the whole group scatters. Next day Tai goes into his favorite coffee shop and the guy serving drinks mentions how the local thugs are saying that they ran into a vampire.
Oh, and the best part? Tai's seminar was largely about ki manipulation. It works. Though to be fair the only thing real ki has in common with Shonen Anime Ki is the name.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Vampires: most well known for tearing off ears.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

MonoAus posted:

So I looked this up, because it's hilarious and it turns out Marshmallow Girls are a thing, but it's not "the cornerstone of kawaii" or beautiful. Japan is super fat-phobic so it's a whole thing to try to get better acceptance for bigger girls. Most of the girls don't look all that fat, just a little pudgy.

There's an article about it: http://www.tokyotimes.com/make-way-marshmallows-girls-2/

It has some typical Japanese tweets in response to this phenomenon:

quote:

Change that name to boneless ham.

Also, content - not sure if srs, but it definitely didn't happen:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

I love that along with the article there's a loving gif on the right side of a jello jiggler shaped like an rear end. :butt:

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

Lowly posted:

So I looked this up, because it's hilarious and it turns out Marshmallow Girls are a thing, but it's not "the cornerstone of kawaii" or beautiful. Japan is super fat-phobic so it's a whole thing to try to get better acceptance for bigger girls. Most of the girls don't look all that fat, just a little pudgy.

There's an article about it: http://www.tokyotimes.com/make-way-marshmallows-girls-2/

That's a drat shame because those girls are pretty loving normally-proportioned.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Lowly posted:

Also, content - not sure if srs, but it definitely didn't happen:

I'm sure no sane person alive thinks that Canada is an adorable snowy episode of loving Sesame Street. Anyway, I suspect OP was trying to pass that off as a real story because she also posted this dumbass anecdote:

I mean like, most people aren't this pithy anyway, but wouldn't that be a super hosed up joke for an old man to make to his teenaged grandchild anyway?

vvv: LOL

cash crab has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Jan 13, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RIP David Bowie :smith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Postal Parcel posted:

God drat do I hate long STDH stories that are in meme form like this. Its compounding failure on top of failure.

WaltherFeng posted:

I just realized it says marshmellow in Japanese accent.

A surprising number of Japanese words are just English words with a Japanese accent. Lots of western originating things.

And it looks like the whole 'marshmallow girl' thing is real, but its real because of a push to try to "take it back" for chubby girls in Japan, who were historically treated very poorly. So its not like chubby girls are worshipped as the quintessential "kawaii" at all; its the opposite. They're historically unattractive but there's been a recent move to make it acceptable body image, just like in the states. :v:

Lowly posted:

EFB

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

i have never even seen most of these macros before, they don't even make sense. I guess people who write stories this way think it's the modern equivalent of writing in couplets.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

cash crab posted:

I'm sure no sane person alive thinks that Canada is an adorable snowy episode of loving Sesame Street. Anyway, I suspect OP was trying to pass that off as a real story because she also posted this dumbass anecdote:

I mean like, most people aren't this pithy anyway, but wouldn't that be a super hosed up joke for an old man to make to his teenaged grandchild anyway?

I'd much rather have a cool Grandpa like this one than a lame one who does nothing but read the Daily Mail all day, like mine does.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sweeperbravo posted:

i have never even seen most of these macros before, they don't even make sense. I guess people who write stories this way think it's the modern equivalent of writing in couplets.

They're all extremely popular memes, some of them even from years ago. Of course like most memes and the people who communicate them, they're being used completely incorrectly which makes the whole thing even dumber.

Paint-by-numbers humor for people with no creativity, who it ends up are too dumb to even follow the paint-by-numbers rules.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lowly posted:

So, I had to see it for myself. For people who aren't going to go to the link:

I don't say this to be mean, but compared to the examples about FA and "fat being beautiful", these girls are practically super fit bikini models

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Postal Parcel posted:

I don't say this to be mean, but compared to the examples about FA and "fat being beautiful", these girls are practically super fit bikini models

:agreed:

Pudgy but in no way obese.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

cash crab posted:

vvv: LOL

Dunno, my grandma loved to tell dirty jokes well into her 90's to anyone who would listen, kids, teenagers, adults alike. Somehow it wasn't awkward when she told them.

Anyway content:

quote:

"There I was at the park, playing Magic with some friends, when suddenly a wild gaggle of sporting jocks stumbled out of the local sports bar with their sorority skanks and started walking over. They said we were a bunch of silly nerds, and started to try and beat us up. Camly, I stood up and informed them I was a 9th level black belt, and whilst they wasted their high school years throwing a ball around and chasing skanks, I had hone my mind and body into a weapon capable of great destruction. I then challenged them to a battle of wits, a debate over Newtonian physics and relativity. Theory. Needless to say, their brows furrowed in anger, but they walked away. Everyone started clapping, and their women left them to tell me how brave I was. All my headmates cheered."
LikeCommentShare

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Farmland Park posted:

Dunno, my grandma loved to tell dirty jokes well into her 90's to anyone who would listen, kids, teenagers, adults alike. Somehow it wasn't awkward when she told them.

Anyway content:

That is clearly a joke :cmon:

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

That is clearly a joke :cmon:

Fine, have the most mundane and boring NAR story I could find instead:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

God forbid we know this woman ordered a small Frosty

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

God forbid we know this woman ordered a small Frosty

I was thinking of an apple pie at McDonalds, I'm not sure Wendy's even does a dollar menu anymore. I suppose we can thank NAR for this nigh on unsolvable enigma.

We'd better get Sherlock Holmes on the case. STDH can only be solved by PTDH.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This Kid Wins At Life

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Montag posted:

I was thinking of an apple pie at McDonalds, I'm not sure Wendy's even does a dollar menu anymore. I suppose we can thank NAR for this nigh on unsolvable enigma.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were protecting a brand name and not just a miniature pie, but on second thought maybe I should not.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Cruel and Unusual posted:

This Kid Wins At Life

Neither little girls nor little boys should be playing Halo 4. Both the kid and the woman (and, by extension, the writer) are idiots.

Another STDH.txt that would be better if it were contained in two sentences. Or, better yet, not told at all.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't know why I keep this thread bookmarked and read it when all it does is enrage me.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Keith Atherton posted:

I don't know why I keep this thread bookmarked and read it when all it does is enrage me.

It is only by hating bad things that you will learn to truly love good things

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Montag posted:

Wendy's does still have a dollar menu, and it's awesome.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"Screwed the math"

I'm not sure what is the math involved in this besides doing what the register tells you.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

"Screwed the math"

I'm not sure what is the math involved in this besides doing what the register tells you.

Literally if counting out $45 in fives is too complicated for you, you shouldn't be allowed to be on a register for yourself.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

7 people gave gold(reddit money) for that comment

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
To be fair, real or not, it's actually funny. I laughed, anyway.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Farmland Park posted:

Fine, have the most mundane and boring NAR story I could find instead:

I hate to be all :byodood: THIS CUN HAPEN but people pay in big increments a lot and are dicks about it. In my days as a cashier I'd tell them to produce other payment. When they get pissy it's hardly noteworthy.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Not Always Leaning:

quote:

A Very Lestrange Turn Of Events
COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY | UK | BOOKS & READING, GEEKS RULE
(I am an ill undergraduate. One of my lecturers used to let me hang out in her office when I needed ‘not alone but not necessarily talking’ time, and we would often just sit quietly getting on with our own things. This happens one afternoon when I arrive.)

Me: *knocks* “Are you busy?”

Lecturer: *kind of absent-mindedly* “Not particularly. I’m actually just reading a fan-fiction about Bellatrix and Hermi—” *suddenly mortified*

Me: “…”

Lecturer: “…”

Me: “Awesome… Good taste.”

Lecturer: “…”

(She kind of nodded and then I kind of nodded, and then we each got on with our separate things.)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hate that person

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Didnt this originate in the Idiot Thread in GiP?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The dollar menu between 2-5pm is a Taco Bell thing, it's like you goons don't even eat lovely food, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Khazar-khum posted:

Not Always Leaning:

"[Authority Figure] secretly likes the same embarrassing poo poo I do" STDH stories are the worst

• Locked thread