Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

No one has an opinion about my Redline+Decimator Combo? I cannot for the life of me decide what to replace Expose with. Ruthlessness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Deviant posted:

No one has an opinion about my Redline+Decimator Combo? I cannot for the life of me decide what to replace Expose with. Ruthlessness?

Probably not, Ruthlessness I always find a little worrying to try.

You also REALLY want to fit in Experimental Interface on that if you can, but I have no clue how.

Overall, I think you'll find that Redline can't support the Decimator in the way that an ace can, and you'll wind up with them both dying WAY too quickly to actually matter much.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I'm not seeing how Experimental Interface will do anything. He has no upgrades with an "Action:" header.

Also, Predator or Lone Wolf is better to have than Expose.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Tacopocalypse posted:

I'm not seeing how Experimental Interface will do anything. He has no upgrades with an "Action:" header.

Also, Predator or Lone Wolf is better to have than Expose.

He has Expose.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Ah. I was under the assumption he didn't want it, so EI wouldn't be necessary.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Deviant posted:

Alternatley, what else would go well with Redline? Swarm TIEs?

Black Squad pilots with Crack Shot work well, yeah.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tekopo posted:

VESSERY OUTMANEUVER BUDDIES
This is an hilarious list

100 points

PILOTS

Colonel Vessery (40)
TIE Defender (35), Tractor beam (1), Outmaneuver (3), TIE/D (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Omega Squadron Pilot (20) x 3
TIE/fo Fighter (17), Outmaneuver (3)

This isn't an amazing list but reducing two AG down to 0 and 3 AG down to 1 is pretty hilarious, especially when you can setup the outmaneuver shots with the Tractor Beam :q:

Oh man, that sounds great

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

ghetto wormhole posted:

Played my first game tonight against my friend. I destroyed his Poe Dameron with a single Advanced Homing Missile from Major Rhymer and then promptly flew my undamaged 46 point Firespray off the map which lost me the game :downs:

Also how's this setup sound for a Firespray? Too expensive?

Krassis Trelix (36)
Flechette Cannon (2)
Tactician (2)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Slave I (0)

Total: 46

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I think it's really cool. It's close to the core of my gimmick squad...

THE SCARLET TOKEN
Kath Scarlet (38)
Marksmanship (3)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Tractor Beam (1)
Ion Bombs (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Tactician (2)
Slave I (0)
Extra Munitions (2)

Academy Pilot (12) x4

So, for the extra point investment, she's not as good at Cluster Missiling as Trelix and the Tractor Beam is mostly there because I had a point spare and thought "whatever." The Ion Bombs are also sort of "whatever," to get some more mileage out of Extra Munitions, and because if I can land the bombs while back-arcing someone at 2 for up to two stress tokens, well, ion + stress is a bitch. Hopefully I can arrange some positioning shenanigans with the Beam and Bombs that will help the mini-swarm eat up targets. Haven't tried yet.

However, maybe she is actually as good at Cluster Missiling because Marksmanship, and can pile even greater amounts of stress on targets with pilot ability. So, your Krassis is good, but this Kath is very similar but should perform better at the task of pouring on stress and dealing damage because she's using main guns instead of a Flechette Cannon. Also observe the better synergy with Guidance Chips on a 3 attack ship + Kath's power for the Missiles.

What do you mean to pair with your Trelix?

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 13, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I think I am gonna try Redline Suicide + DeciVader, to see if it can burn the enemy down before it burns itself down. It should lose quickly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant posted:

Someone is going to die very, very quickly with that list.

70/30 in favor of it being you.

But when you win, you're going to MURDER things.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Someone is going to die very, very quickly with that list.

70/30 in favor of it being you.

But when you win, you're going to MURDER things.

I have the mental image of Redline exploding in a glorious fireball and Vader hurling parts of the decimator at his enemies. We'll see.

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

Deviant posted:

I think I am gonna try Redline Suicide + DeciVader, to see if it can burn the enemy down before it burns itself down. It should lose quickly.

I've tried versions of this list a couple times. It loses terribly to decent players, and if you don't blow something up in the first pass you almost certainly lose. DeciVader kills Soontir real good though.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

BannedNewbie posted:

I've tried versions of this list a couple times. It loses terribly to decent players, and if you don't blow something up in the first pass you almost certainly lose. DeciVader kills Soontir real good though.

Hmm. I also have this:

Scourge

Wampa

Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics

Youngster + Marksmanship

Omega Leader + Comm Relay + Juke + Stealth Device

(98)

But I'm not sure how I feel about it. Swarm Tactics fixes the fact that Scourge and Wampa synergize but have 'backwards' pilot skill.

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.

Deviant posted:

I would drop the Proton Torps on redline, and expose. And instead take Push the Limit on Kenkirk and add an Engine upgrade. Nothing will frustrate your opponents more than thinking they have Kenkirk in arc, only to discover at the start of the combat phase that you used PTL off of your Issard evade action to boost outside of their arc. You can also pull annoying tricks like land yourself on an asteroid during the activation phase, thus lulling your opponent into a false sense of security that you won't be shooting them this round, only to boost off of it at the start of the combat phase. Not to mention, start of combat repositioning is effectively the same as having the highest pilot skill.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It looks like we're getting some pre-FAQ answers about a few common questions on the FFG forums.

Omega Leader: His ability stops Heavy Laser Cannons from changing crits to hits
R2-D6: You keep the EPT even if you blow up R2-D6 with Integrated Astromech
TIE/fo: These count as TIE Fighters. Thus you can use things like Youngster, Gozanti docking, etc
TIE Adv. Prototype: Does not count as a TIE Advanced. No ATC or Gozanti docking!

Not in the FAQ yet, but coming down from FFG employees. Probably be in the next FAQ release.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm assuming Omega Leader also prevents Mangler Cannons from snagging their free crit?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

I'm assuming Omega Leader also prevents Mangler Cannons from snagging their free crit?

Yeah, but that one wasn't really ever in question. It was clearly a modification after all was said and done.

HLC is confusing because of its special timing.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

TIE Adv. Prototype: Does not count as a TIE Advanced. No ATC or Gozanti docking!

Not in the FAQ yet, but coming down from FFG employees. Probably be in the next FAQ release.

Baffling, considering they docked a v1 to a Gozanti on the show.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

How has this gone unnoticed? :allears:

I am absolutely going to use this as a proxy card.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Madurai posted:

Baffling, considering they docked a v1 to a Gozanti on the show.

You can dock any fighter to the Gozanti if I remember right, so that just means that you can't combine TAPs and regular TIE Advanced fighters. The Inquisitor and three of his buddies can certainly host their own house party as long as they don't invite Vader.

Man, I can't wait for the Inquisitor's TIE expansion. I can't fly a swarm worth a drat, but some more interesting four-ship lists will definitely be fun.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ConfusedUs posted:

TIE/fo: These count as TIE Fighters. Thus you can use things like Youngster, Gozanti docking, etc

But can they use the old-school TIE Fighter dial?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No but why the gently caress would you want to?

The tie/fo dial is amazing

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ConfusedUs posted:

No but why the gently caress would you want to?

The tie/fo dial is amazing

I don't care whether you would want to, solid rules need to address situations which are suboptimal.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

ConfusedUs posted:

But they still count as different types, thus can't dock them together, right?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

I don't care whether you would want to, solid rules need to address situations which are suboptimal.

You'll have to wait for the FAQ to get the details, I bet.

My understanding is that they're still different ships, but both count as TIE Fighters for the purpose of abilities.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Please everyone name your R3A2 lists "The Stress of Her Regard"

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

General Battuta posted:

Please everyone name your R3A2 lists "The Stress of Her Regard"

Wouldn't that be more appropriate for the Miranda + 2Ks + Tacticians stress list?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Yes! That's even better.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Zuckuss (28)
Predator (3)
4-LOM (1)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Total: 34

Zuckuss and 4-LOM really are two great tastes that taste great together.

Being able to throw a 4 dice attack against what's essentially unmodified defense seems really nasty.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Poopy Palpy posted:

This isn't a situation where the rules need to address anything. Tournament FAQ to the best of my knowledge makes it pretty clear that you use the dial meant to be used with each ship, period. A ruling that TIE/fo ships count as TIE Fighters for the purpose of upgrades and such which affect TIE Fighters doesn't mean you can swap dials between two ships any more than the existence of the Twin Ion Engine mk2 upgrade means I can use a TIE Interceptor dial for my TIE Punisher because they both happen to be "TIEs."

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
So my Poe/"Red Ace"/Y-Wing build is rolling pretty nicely, taking me to 3-0 in the store league and generally just being an irritant to my opponents. I beat a Soontir + Carnor + Firespray build with it, which was weird, and a Corran Horn + Han Solo, then went to 3-0 beating a Vader + 3x Tempest Squadron pilots with correctors and Vader being Vader. I do prefer the TLT on the Y-Wing but I can't fit it without losing something vital to the T-70s. I can live without it, I think.

Is Vassal like, verboten, or is it cool to talk about in the thread? I'm not sure if it's just me or if this is weird and buggy as hell.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kai Tave posted:

This isn't a situation where the rules need to address anything. Tournament FAQ to the best of my knowledge makes it pretty clear that you use the dial meant to be used with each ship, period. A ruling that TIE/fo ships count as TIE Fighters for the purpose of upgrades and such which affect TIE Fighters doesn't mean you can swap dials between two ships any more than the existence of the Twin Ion Engine mk2 upgrade means I can use a TIE Interceptor dial for my TIE Punisher because they both happen to be "TIEs."

Can I use a brown "scum" Z-95 dial with a Rebel Z-95? This is actually relevant to my collection of little ships ATM.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Otisburg posted:

Can I use a brown "scum" Z-95 dial with a Rebel Z-95? This is actually relevant to my collection of little ships ATM.

I don't think you can distinguish the two? I'm pretty sure they're the exact same. The pilots are different but the maneuver dials are the same thing. For the TIE/ln and the FIE/fo, the ships and dials are different.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Otisburg: they ruled in a faq yes as long as you have the correct base and pilot card

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Otisburg: they ruled in a faq yes as long as you have the correct base and pilot card

Awesome. I'm good on Z-95s then, since I assume the repaint rules would also cover running the Scum paint job for the actual model as Blount or whatever.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

Is Vassal like, verboten, or is it cool to talk about in the thread? I'm not sure if it's just me or if this is weird and buggy as hell.

I'm gonna say vassal is fine to talk about.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Red Ace" (29)
R2-D2 (4)
Comm Relay (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Kyle Katarn (21)
Moldy Crow (3)

Total: 99

Is a cheap turret going to do more work for me than the Crow title?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

guts and bolts posted:

It's fine. It's always been fine. Vassal talk isn't frowned upon. Goons even try and to some level succeed in organising games of X-Wang Vassal. Talk about it to your hearts content.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Otisburg posted:

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Red Ace" (29)
R2-D2 (4)
Comm Relay (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Kyle Katarn (21)
Moldy Crow (3)

Total: 99

Is a cheap turret going to do more work for me than the Crow title?

Dorsal Turret isn't out yet, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Played some wangs with the fiance last night and we loving loved it. God drat two TIEs vs her Luke was loving rough. I'm not sure what to try and build but I told my LGS guy to order TIE interceptor and Advanced and a Falcon. Fiance loves Han so might build her a fat Han. I'm kind of hyped on this game because she said she would totally be down to play this at the LGS and that is a first.

• Locked thread