Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

MelvinBison posted:

Translated: "What would have happened if little Aylan had grown up? Grabbing butts in Germany."

:v:

Huh, I didn't know that /pol/ was doing comics for them these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

loquacius posted:

I liked it because it showed some amount of actual knowledge of and insight into its subject, rather than a lazy reference to his most famous single song which literally everyone knows. Making an effort to convince me that the subject is actually important to the author in some way makes the tribute seem much more sincere.

I mean, it actually taught me something. I had no idea Bowie was on Soul Train.

You should listen to The Lower Third some time. Very interesting.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Beeg posted:

So remember this masterpiece from Ben Garrison?

Well, after the AGC blog posted it, various artists started drawing the mermaid in their own styles. Many of them are pretty rad. There's a chain going around right now, and it's getting bigger.

Some samples:

Here's my contribution:

This is awesome (as is your drawing). Two more for the pile:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That's pretty tame by Charlie Hebdo's standards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's ironic.

love the mermaid toons.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

fun fact: that's Riss, Charlie contributor since 92, and now Publishing Director and principal owner of the paper

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That's the typical oppositeofreality.jpg from GOP-affiliated cartoonists; but panel 4 is especially great. It's that Kelly cartoon about how race problems do not exist when we don't talk about them.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love the Of Course in the panel. Like we're all supposed to be going "Well yeah, that's obvious!"

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kurtofan posted:

It's ironic.

love the mermaid toons.

I'm failing to see the irony in "Lol, good thing that kid died! Otherwise he would have grown up to be a sexual predator like all those other filthy immigrants!"

Unless you're just being sarcastic in which case carry on. :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's vow to 'blitz' poverty – Nearly a hundred of the UK’s worst “sink estates” could be bulldozed to make way for better homes as part of a “blitz” on poverty unveiled by David Cameron" After David Bowie.

Telegraph:

MPs back calls for English national anthem

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... the doctors' strike

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

31 million people watched the State of the Union.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

fade5 posted:

This is awesome (as is your drawing). Two more for the pile:

This is amazing and I hope someone is collecting them all in an album or something.

:nws: for nipple http://i.imgur.com/P1hrhvd.png

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
As both an American and a leftist, I laugh every time Corbyn gets portrayed like this, but this one especially tickled me pink.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm failing to see the irony in "Lol, good thing that kid died! Otherwise he would have grown up to be a sexual predator like all those other filthy immigrants!"

Unless you're just being sarcastic in which case carry on. :v:

It's making fun of all the people who were waiting for something like this to happen to say "See? We gave them an opportunity but THOSE SANDNIG- er I mean - PEOPLE just cannot behave in a civilized manner in this our Western Society. Deport them!".

Which there have been a worrying amount of lately. A lot of vitriol coming in under the guise of feminism too, which worries me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerusalem posted:

31 million people watched the State of the Union.

They were actually watching it on their computers and not the TV I guess is what that comic is saying.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Gay Abortion winners have been announced. Sorry for the delay on getting that done.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A very special gently caress you to Glenn Mccoy

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 14, 2016

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A triumph of visual metaphor.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

No, I don't think it was Obama who murdered all those kids.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

For all the whining they did when people were critical of the do-nothing "hopes and prayers" crowd, they sure are quick to mock a similar gesture towards gun violence victims.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Next cartoon: a crosshatched toilet with an arrow pointing at it below a block of text reading OBAMA'S ACTUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS (AND HE DIDN'T FLUSH)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I mean we could put Bin Laden's corpse in that chair if we knew where it was, but it's at the bottom of the sea.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Chewbaccanator posted:

It's making fun of all the people who were waiting for something like this to happen to say "See? We gave them an opportunity but THOSE SANDNIG- er I mean - PEOPLE just cannot behave in a civilized manner in this our Western Society. Deport them!".

Which there have been a worrying amount of lately. A lot of vitriol coming in under the guise of feminism too, which worries me.

I don't doubt that there's a worrying amount of that stuff. But honestly I'm not sure I can give Hebdo the benefit of the doubt on this. Haven't they also drawn black people as big-lipped people with bones in their hair, or am I misremembering? Plus, without some indicator that it's not the cartoonist who believes it, but what some other group of people believes it doesn't seem wrong to think it's an unironic joke. We know the poo poo in a Kelly cartoon is ironic because it's in the Onion, but isn't Hebdo more a South-Parky humor magazine rather than explicitly satirical? It's hard for me to believe it's meant to be ironic.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

World Famous W posted:

The Gay Abortion winners have been announced. Sorry for the delay on getting that done.

Hey man, thanks for organizing the Gay Abortions this year, it's a nice tradition to keep alive.

Xanderkish posted:

I don't doubt that there's a worrying amount of that stuff. But honestly I'm not sure I can give Hebdo the benefit of the doubt on this. Haven't they also drawn black people as big-lipped people with bones in their hair, or am I misremembering? Plus, without some indicator that it's not the cartoonist who believes it, but what some other group of people believes it doesn't seem wrong to think it's an unironic joke. We know the poo poo in a Kelly cartoon is ironic because it's in the Onion, but isn't Hebdo more a South-Parky humor magazine rather than explicitly satirical? It's hard for me to believe it's meant to be ironic.

I'm not super well-versed in the line Charlie Hebdo normally takes, so maybe we should wait on the input by the goon who posts it habitually (FlowersForAlgeria was it?), but really I can't see anybody drawing that cartoon in any other way that's not ironic, even if it's quite dark humor.

I have been known to have too much faith in humanity tho.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Chewbaccanator posted:

Hey man, thanks for organizing the Gay Abortions this year, it's a nice tradition to keep alive.

I'm not super well-versed in the line Charlie Hebdo normally takes, so maybe we should wait on the input by the goon who posts it habitually (FlowersForAlgeria was it?), but really I can't see anybody drawing that cartoon in any other way that's not ironic, even if it's quite dark humor.

I have been known to have too much faith in humanity tho.

I guess we'll wait until FlowersForAlgeria comes to set this straight. I just remember it being compared a lot to South Park and that reminded me of the dumb racist jokes that dumb white teens at my old high school made. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised, or as pleasantly as one can be with this subject matter.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pourquoi ne nous l'aimons Charlie Hebdo de nouveau?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

fade5 posted:

I mean we could put Bin Laden's corpse in that chair if we knew where it was, but it's at the bottom of the sea.

I'm sure Ramirez would explain that it was really due to Bush-era "enhanced interrogation" results pointing the way and Obama stumbling into it by luck. Also, he caused ISIL to exist because they suddenly sprang into existence once Bush left office.

There is no reality in Ramirez-world: only GOP talking points.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fade5 posted:

Bin Laden is crabshit by now. A fact that gives me no small amount of pleasure.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Keep reaching, you'll get there Jarlsberg!

:rip: all of Congress.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:perfect:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:eyepop:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sports Argument Stadium Rules Thread posted:

g. NO RIVALS.COM PUNS/NICKNAMES Please avoid using any dumb puns or nicknames to insult players or teams. Posting about how much you hate Tony Homo and the Dallas Cowgirls is a great way to lower the level of both humor and discussion and find yourself probated or banned.

MODS???

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Okay, good, I'm not crazy. This cartoonist is a shithead right-wing shill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I agree with the football player

• Locked thread