Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, I watched it last night on Amazon and the dialog was whisper quiet while the special effects were at 11. It was nominated for Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Nolan claimed that was intentional but I don't know why any filmmaker would want to distract the audience by drawing their attention to the mix.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I watched it on a tiny Vizio with built in speakers so it was nothing noticeable, heard everything at a normal level.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Opopanax posted:

Age of Ultron just went up, surprisingly.

Hmm, not showing up for me. The other half of the season for Comedy Bang Bang is out and it includes Reggie Watts' final episode.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

jodai posted:

Hmm, not showing up for me. The other half of the season for Comedy Bang Bang is out and it includes Reggie Watts' final episode.

Could just be Canada, but that seems even weirder

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

wormil posted:

Not that surprising, I think all their movies go on Epix and Netflix.

It was really disappointing opening up Netflix and not seeing Avengers up after reading this post. Is it just not up in America or what?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
All of Vikings is on hulu.
Seaaon four wont finish till the end of the year.
Watch one piece even if you don't like anime.

Venture bros as well. Adult swim

All on hulu

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone should watch One Punch Man on hulu.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Inzombiac posted:

Everyone should watch One Punch Man on hulu.

Is this hilarious? It looks hilarious from what little I've learned about it through Internet osmosis.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Could just be Canada, but that seems even weirder

There's a decent amount of stuff on Canadian Netflix that isn't on American Netflix

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ryoshi posted:

Is this hilarious? It looks hilarious from what little I've learned about it through Internet osmosis.

Because I loathe most anime and the creator seems to as well, this has gotten some HUGE belly laughs from me so far.

Episode 2 and the exposition gag had me falling over.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ryoshi posted:

It absolutely is, especially if you think most anime is ludicrous. It skewers the genre incredibly well.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ryoshi posted:

For me, I had just heard "It's about a guy so strong that he beats enemies in One Punch and is depressed", and I knew I had to see it. Not disappointed.

I'm going to recommend Dinosaur 13 on Netflix. It's a documentary about a big story from around my home town in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It tells of the discovery of "Sue", the largest, and most complete T-Rex ever discovered, and the ensuing, absurd legal battle over who owns it. It's got some nice shots of the Black Hills and prairie, and it's kind of an outrageous legal story in general.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Dinosaur 13 was alright,

I just binged watched Jessica Jones, its marvel, which i normally avoid, but I loved it. It's on netflix.
I watched one punch man as well but the episodes were listed in reverse order and I accidentally watched the last one first, oh well, now I have to find the manga somewhere...

I was going to avoid it, I couldn't see how the concept could be made good but it was pretty good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bill Burr's animated show "F is for Family" is legit. The idea is that it's the 70's and the head of the family melts down every episode about something that is a big deal to him. It helps that the main character is voiced by Bill Burr so if you're a fan you're in for a double-ride.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I hate that little kid at the end of the Ty Peek-A-Boos commercial so loving much

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Palpek posted:

Bill Burr's animated show "F is for Family" is legit. The idea is that it's the 70's and the head of the family melts down every episode about something that is a big deal to him. It helps that the main character is voiced by Bill Burr so if you're a fan you're in for a double-ride.

The only bad thing about the show is it's six episodes long.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
inch'Allah is a good watch. It's pretty heavy subject matter, and is definitely emotional, but I'd recommend it to anybody.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Palpek posted:

Good to hear.
Some streaming services are pumping out D grade animations like it's going out of style so wait for others to recommend them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Agreed. This show is currently the best available use of a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Making a Murderer is a new incredibly long documentary that's hard to stop watching, and real depressing. Enjoy!

Carecat has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Dec 23, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Carecat posted:

Making a Murderer is a new incredibly long documentary that's hard to stop watching, and real depressing. Enjoy!

I normally hate stuff like this.. :doink:
I am now more than halfway through in one sitting.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The Mentalizer posted:

They're doing individual Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows, followed by a Defenders series with everyone from the Netflix shows.

isnt there going to be a punisher show? I thought he was getting a back door pilot in s2 of dd along with iron fist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

snergle posted:

isnt there going to be a punisher show? I thought he was getting a back door pilot in s2 of dd along with iron fist.

S2 of DD is being described and Punisher vs Daredevil so it sounds like more than a pilot

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Yeah, he's supposed to be a prominent character in season 2 but I don't think they've announced a series of his own yet. If they are going to do one they'll probably wait until DD S2 finishes to announce it.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Some homie made a site that lets you access all of Netflix's hidden categories

http://netflixcodes.me/

(Seems like a good thread to share this in)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

dumb. posted:

Some homie made a site that lets you access all of Netflix's hidden categories

http://netflixcodes.me/

(Seems like a good thread to share this in)

Thank you so much for this.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

They just put Rumble in the Bronx and a few other Jackie Chan movies up on Netflix. Cinematography is excellent, even if you aren't a huge action movie fan.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also highly recommending F is for Family, really funny and the writing is excellent. It's the most genuine portrayal of a family I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure why there's so much Daredevil hate, I though it was good. What's the beef?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just got HBO Now. Any recommendations for must watch TV? Skipping the obvious Sopranos/The Wire/Game of Thrones.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Len posted:

I just got HBO Now. Any recommendations for must watch TV? Skipping the obvious Sopranos/The Wire/Game of Thrones.

Rome and deadwood are the next best series.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Len posted:

Leftovers. Silicon Valley. Veep

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Carnivale. Warning: Ends on a cliffhanger, but IMO still worth it.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Len posted:

Curb!!!!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haerc posted:

Carnivale. Warning: Ends on a cliffhanger, but IMO still worth it.
Carnivale is seriously one of the best series ever made. Also while it ends on a cliffhanger the creators released a recap of what was supposed to happen next and how the story is resolved as a whole so you can get a closure.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Ok Fella posted:

I'm not sure why there's so much Daredevil hate, I though it was good. What's the beef?
I prefer my Marvel shows less angsty with more action. The fight scenes were pretty good.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I marathoned Six Feet Under over the holidays, because I had somehow completely missed it, and was sort of blown away. Really excellent show. The finale wrecked me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I did The Brink today and enjoyed it. Looking it up it sucks to see there was almost a season 2. I would have like to see things just continue to escalate in an amazingly absurd way.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

I marathoned Six Feet Under over the holidays, because I had somehow completely missed it, and was sort of blown away. Really excellent show. The finale wrecked me.

It's so good. Rewatched it for hols too.

Sia's Breathe Me for the epilogue was, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ok Fella posted:

Also highly recommending F is for Family, really funny and the writing is excellent. It's the most genuine portrayal of a family I've seen in a long time.

Daredevil had incredible casting and just bizarrely weak pacing and writing. Like who the hell thought the priest episode was worth a solid hour? Anyone watching a tv show about Daredevil of all freaking superheroes is going to have endured that whole "should I kill this guy? I mean, killing is wrong, but this guy is SUPER MEAN" debate in literally every other piece of superhero media in the past three decades. It added nothing new to the characters or the debate itself and was just an hour of handwringing over something that was a foregone conclusion anyway.