Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I guess its technically :files: now, but does anyone have a recommended seller for the chinese proxies? Ive got about a dozen cards now that i would prefer in modern frames and foil for my EDH deck. I suppose PM me to keep the thread clear of whatever..

oh, goddammit. Of course I get top of page. one of the cards i need in a new fancy frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Fun fact: you can cast the Bust side of Boom // Bust with Goblin Dark-Dwellers (you can also do this with Bring to Light).

BoomBust Zoo with main deck Blood Moon is back bitches

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Angry Grimace posted:

Fun fact: you can cast the Bust side of Boom // Bust with Goblin Dark-Dwellers (you can also do this with Bring to Light).

BoomBust Zoo with main deck Blood Moon is back bitches

5 mana not too much for zoo? (especially if you're booming first to get it in the graveyard)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

5 mana not too much for zoo? (especially if you're booming first to get it in the graveyard)

You're probably Booming a fetch ideally

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

TheKingofSprings posted:

You're probably Booming a fetch ideally

Clever, and probably obvious to anyone that's played with the card

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Thinking of the new standard and a possible CoCo deck, is it just bad to play it with Rhino? I've not used it much yet, but I like the idea of flashing Wasteland Stranglers in during combat.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

With the new "crackdown" on proxies, should I happen to play in an event with my EDH deck, I will need to replace my gold bordered Grim Monolith, correct? I have not played in an event with it for several years, but knowledge is power, right?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Friendly reminder that Eldrazi Displacer enables your processors.

Put it in your CoCo decks with Wasteland Strangler, Get a 2-1 for 6 mana with 2 dudes attached to it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think it does, it exiles the creature and puts it back as part of the same action.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

darkwolf220 posted:

With the new "crackdown" on proxies, should I happen to play in an event with my EDH deck, I will need to replace my gold bordered Grim Monolith, correct? I have not played in an event with it for several years, but knowledge is power, right?

Gold bordered cards aren't proxies but they aren't legal either.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Angry Grimace posted:

Gold bordered cards aren't proxies but they aren't legal either.

What if I'm using a gold-bordered Grim Monolith as a proxy for a black-bordered Grim Monolith

What if I'm using a gold-bordered Grim Monolith with "BLACK-BORDERED GRIM MONOLITH" sharpied on it as a proxy for a black-bordered Grim Monolith

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think it does, it exiles the creature and puts it back as part of the same action.

Yes.would be nuts otherwise. If there was a delay it could save guys from wipes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This way does give it more infinite combo potential though.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What if I'm using a gold-bordered Grim Monolith as a proxy for a black-bordered Grim Monolith

What if I'm using a gold-bordered Grim Monolith with "BLACK-BORDERED GRIM MONOLITH" sharpied on it as a proxy for a black-bordered Grim Monolith

We're through the looking-glass here, people.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/learning-opportunities-2016-01-13

The judges that got suspensions for leaking Kozilek/Wastes got their time off reduced to 23 days, and the suspension doesn't go on permanent record

Basically Elaine gives the response that should have gone out instead of Pat-trick's dumb thing

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

dragon enthusiast posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/learning-opportunities-2016-01-13

The judges that got suspensions for leaking Kozilek/Wastes got their time off reduced to 23 days, and the suspension doesn't go on permanent record

Basically Elaine gives the response that should have gone out instead of Pat-trick's dumb thing

Better. :colbert:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
She's still a filthy liar :colbert:

And if Wizards were confident what they did was correct they wouldn't remove all record of the bans from judges who appealed, then openly invite those who didn't appeal to do the same and receive the same reversal.

Whole situation is dumb as hell, which is par for the course when talking about Wizards, really.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah this is such a two faced walk back on those bans. No apology, still forcing them to serve time. But they're so gracious to remove the history of the totally ridiculous bans from the judges "permanent record"

edit: Alris are you the Bard I played league of legends with the other night / Aelris

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
That'd be me, if you saw me playing Bard then I guess sorry we lost...?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What if I use a black-bordered grim monolith as a proxy for a gold-bordered grim monolith?

what if I use a grim monolith as a proxy for basalt monolith, a basalt monolith as a proxy for jade monolith, and a jade monolith as a proxy for Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm gonna proxy a Library of Alexandra for a loving island

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alris posted:

That'd be me, if you saw me playing Bard then I guess sorry we lost...?

We actually won the first one, I was the Tristana/ultrarobi.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

dragon enthusiast posted:

As of this posting they still show up on the banned/suspended roster. I believe the "permanent record" chatter is just that these bans won't be used in tandem with other info for future cases.

Guess that could change though.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
When you go to a GP, do you just sign in with your DCI number? I registered for GP Vancouver a while ago but I never got anything other than the "thanks for registering" email.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

superstepa posted:

When you go to a GP, do you just sign in with your DCI number? I registered for GP Vancouver a while ago but I never got anything other than the "thanks for registering" email.

You put your DCI number on your deck reg sheet. If you don't give them a number they can do a name lookup as well.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm gonna proxy a Library of Alexandra for a loving island

Wonder what kinda punishment you'd get for showing up to a gp with a swamp that said "island" on it

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Alris posted:

We're through the looking-glass here, people.

I'm not really joking, I think a gold-bordered Grim Monolith would be considered a counterfeit Grim Monolith under WotC's definition.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Sad part is I agree with you.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Fun MTGO Tips from Angry Grimace!

Don't keep random stops on every loving phase where you get priority you numbnuts turn off your "opponent's draw step" poo poo especially if you don't know what F2 does

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gold bordered cards not being legal for 'official' play is dumb as gently caress

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Angry Grimace posted:

Fun MTGO Tips from Angry Grimace!

Don't keep random stops on every loving phase where you get priority you numbnuts turn off your "opponent's draw step" poo poo especially if you don't know what F2 does

I don't mind this because my opponent took so long F2ing through my draw and upkeep step with nothing to do that he spent 10+ minutes in each of games 1 and 2 and so literally could not win game 3 in time.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Boom // Bust Zoo is basically Naya Zoo with Bloodbraid Elf and surprise sometimes you get armageddon or blood moon except obviously BBE is illegal now. You still probably would play it with 3-4 Hierarch and Birds, so 5 mana's not that crazy, especially if you're getting Boom to the yard by targeting fetchlands. Not to mention, if Dark-Dwellers were a thing you can cast Blood Moon, GDD and Boom//Bust all off of pure, delicious red mana.

You can cast the Bust side of Boom // Bust off of Bring to Light too, actually. There's a hilarious 5C BTL deck that has both infinite damage and life combos, as well as random Armageddons off of BTL.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Death Bot posted:

Wonder what kinda punishment you'd get for showing up to a gp with a swamp that said "island" on it

what if you then played it as a Swamp though

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

stinkles1112 posted:

what if you then played it as a Swamp though
DIY Underground Sea.

Actual answer: you would be DQ'd.

Also, bets on how long it takes for everyone to figure out Thought-Knot Seer is a miserable loving card to play against. I give it like 2 weeks.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 14, 2016

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Angry Grimace posted:

DIY Underground Sea.

Actual answer: you would be DQ'd.

Also, bets on how long it takes for everyone to figure out Thought-Knot Seer is a miserable loving card to play against. I give it like 2 weeks.

Considering how it's a Vendillion Clique that isn't legendary, is a 4/4 rather than a 3/1 and thus is much harder to kill (notably doesn't die to Bolt), is of a more relevant creature type than Faerie, exiles the card completely rather than just putting it on the bottom of the library, and doesn't even give them a replacement card until it dies, all in exchange for costing just 1 more mana (and in a Modern Eldrazi deck you can have it out turn 3 easily or turn 2 if you get lucky), I'd say "they already know".

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Angry Grimace posted:

the Orb of Zot posted:

"they already know".

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

the Orb of Zot posted:

Considering how it's a Vendillion Clique that isn't legendary, is a 4/4 rather than a 3/1 and thus is much harder to kill (notably doesn't die to Bolt), is of a more relevant creature type than Faerie, exiles the card completely rather than just putting it on the bottom of the library, and doesn't even give them a replacement card until it dies, all in exchange for costing just 1 more mana (and in a Modern Eldrazi deck you can have it out turn 3 easily or turn 2 if you get lucky), I'd say "they already know".

Sadly, I don't think there's any way to turn 2 Thought-Knot Seer without someone helping you, but that's just as well because I would probably vomit my brain out if it were.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Niton posted:

Sadly, I don't think there's any way to turn 2 Thought-Knot Seer without someone helping you, but that's just as well because I would probably vomit my brain out if it were.

Eye of Ugin + temple or 2x temple will do it. It's about as likely as natural tron in hand but it can happen

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

gwrtheyrn posted:

Eye of Ugin + temple or 2x temple will do it. It's about as likely as natural tron in hand but it can happen

Oh, Eldrazi Temple would do it :shobon:

Depending on the list, that seems like it'd be a lot more likely than natural Tron, too? There's more permutations that work than don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Niton posted:

Oh, Eldrazi Temple would do it :shobon:

Depending on the list, that seems like it'd be a lot more likely than natural Tron, too? There's more permutations that work than don't.

A little more likely since you can do 2x temple. I'm not too up to date on what lists could have more ways to grab 4 mana on turn 2. eye + urborg gets 4 mana but doesn't produce the colorless.

On the bright side this means you probably can't get t1 thoughtseized and t2 thought knot seered

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 14, 2016

• Locked thread