Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Talkie Toaster posted:

Every gun has an 'NPC clip' field. If an NPC spawns with that gun, they get the ammo for it. It's probably in that.

There's an LNAM - Ammunition leveled list field I'm seeing, but the syringer doesn't have one. I think it might be an exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, you can just hand Curie a syringer. But I'm not actually sure how well companion/ammo stuff works with syringers? I've never tried it. It should be easy to edit, but I don't know how the ammo usage would work at all. I didn't change her default companion weapon, I just made her use it.

The face bug will not happen with this. (It's what makes Preston white) Some nice person said in the comments to some other mod how to fix it, and I used their fix. Works like a charm. Also face mods generally conflict with any other mods that edit companions, so chances are that whatever's making Preston white for you isn't working while you use that mod.

EDIT: Why the hell are several settlers Turret class???

Alright, I was looking up how companion weapons work, and it looks like you'd have to make a special nonplayable companion syringer with special nonplayable companion syringe ammo. You don't have to give the companion the ammo, so... I'm not sure how the gun calls up the ammo?

Well, now I'm curious, so I'll try it out. I doubt it'll work in a game in progress, because nothing seems to work right on a game in progress, but it's worth playing with.

EDIT2: Huh. Seems like Cait has a double-barreled shotgun and a baseball bat. I only ever see her using the bat... I don't see the shotgun in her inventory. I feel like I USED to see her use a shotgun though.

EDIT3: Genuinely not sure about how the type of syringer ammo is differentiated. There is a single type of syringer ammo in here- wait, there's the ammo and then the effect is applied by an INGESTIBLE?

Why does the syringer projectile have the "Broadsider" muzzle flash?

I think you may have picked the most difficult weapon to get an NPC to use. You may as well make a gun that looks like the syringer, shoots projectiles that look like syringes, and then add the Wounding effect to it so it'll be like bleed syringes.

Ahahhaah, wow, sorry to have given you such a thorny problem, I just thought curie/syringer was a natural. Now my hopes of playing as the ghost of Kenneth Williams and muttering "Oh MAAAtrooon" are dashed.

By the way, Awesome Modders of S.A. : Rose, Midnight, Toaster, Amstrad and many others, (in no particular order.) Your mods are fab, and I want to use them all, BUT.
You know we can only have a certain amount of menu's & Items due to the lovely way the settlement menu is made up. people are estimating 225 or thereabouts. is it possible for you to make replacers, as opposed to adding to the menu, Like, if Amstrad just nuked the ugly vanilla stands in Convenient Stores. (I might try to edit that myself, ) and so on, I know its a lot to ask, so I'm going to try making "pruned" esp's or "modular" ones, because, right now, (maybe, been removing a lotta mods) my games settlement menu has stopped showing stores entirely.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

staberind posted:

Ahahhaah, wow, sorry to have given you such a thorny problem, I just thought curie/syringer was a natural. Now my hopes of playing as the ghost of Kenneth Williams and muttering "Oh MAAAtrooon" are dashed.

It's just the way that syringer ammo works, I'm afraid. I don't think they set up the syringer so a NPC can use it at all. Maybe something can be figured out once the GECK's out.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
If I disable Homemaker or SSEX, will the placed items disappear? The menu bloat struggle is real. And while having the options is nice and all, in reality it just makes it harder to find the obligatory Diamond City Radio that every settlement gets.

All I really want is bunk beds...

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gromdul posted:

If I disable Homemaker or SSEX, will the placed items disappear? The menu bloat struggle is real. And while having the options is nice and all, in reality it just makes it harder to find the obligatory Diamond City Radio that every settlement gets.

All I really want is bunk beds...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4386/

Here's just bunk beds! Okay, there's a few more nice beds, but still.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

staberind posted:

By the way, Awesome Modders of S.A. : Rose, Midnight, Toaster, Amstrad and many others, (in no particular order.) Your mods are fab, and I want to use them all, BUT.
You know we can only have a certain amount of menu's & Items due to the lovely way the settlement menu is made up. people are estimating 225 or thereabouts. is it possible for you to make replacers, as opposed to adding to the menu, Like, if Amstrad just nuked the ugly vanilla stands in Convenient Stores. (I might try to edit that myself, ) and so on, I know its a lot to ask, so I'm going to try making "pruned" esp's or "modular" ones, because, right now, (maybe, been removing a lotta mods) my games settlement menu has stopped showing stores entirely.

I only add the one weapon crafting station, though you could merge it back into the chemistry station if you really wanted.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

I only add the one weapon crafting station, though you could merge it back into the chemistry station if you really wanted.

What I miiiight do is merge as many of the weapon type mods (adding keywords mebbe,) into the legendary x 2 mod along with "any mod any weapon".
The idea being that the L2 mod already has tons of armor/weapons/powerarmor in it already. I really liked the idea of having separate stations to do different things, However, with this problem, cutting it down to two stations; Crafting & Modding, plus chem and cooking, (I just put a little cooking stove onto a regular chem station, was surprised when my character climbed onto the chem station and sat down to do some cooking.)
Although, I'd have to figure out how the menu and sub-menu system works, I don't see it happening for a while.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
It's always something. NMM is telling me it can't get permission to write to the default C:\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout 4\Install Info, and says the best course of action is to move the Install Info folder out of the Program Files folder...which isn't there because I told it to use the above address. What

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Relin posted:

It's always something. NMM is telling me it can't get permission to write to the default C:\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout 4\Install Info, and says the best course of action is to move the Install Info folder out of the Program Files folder...which isn't there because I told it to use the above address. What

Check the ownership, permissions and read only attribute on the folder.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

staberind posted:

The problem is the fix is basically 'cram everything you can into a single menu' which ends up messy and hard to use. I'd rather have fewer mods, each well-organised, than have to scroll through 50 items every time I wanted to place something. The vanilla wooden walls menu is bad enough.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kind of unrelated to this thread, but does anyone have a good New Vegas mod list? I want to replay it, since I never got to try any of the DLC or mods for that game.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

shovelbum posted:

Kind of unrelated to this thread, but does anyone have a good New Vegas mod list? I want to replay it, since I never got to try any of the DLC or mods for that game.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3376713
The OP is still relevant.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

hobbesmaster posted:

Check the ownership, permissions and read only attribute on the folder.
The solution was to manually create that folder then run the program. Why it wouldn't make it itself, I don't know

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To the guy who made Weapon Balance Overhaul (it was a goon, right?) Do you think you could bump the fire rate for the .308 Caliber hunting rifles? Currently they're the same as the .50 cal, sitting at 3, which means that the .50 cal is a flat upgrade that makes .308 obsolete. I'd suggest a higher rate of fire for the .308 to differentiate it from the .50, which is more of an alpha strike one shot kill weapon while a .308 would be more suppressing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

To the guy who made Weapon Balance Overhaul (it was a goon, right?) Do you think you could bump the fire rate for the .308 Caliber hunting rifles? Currently they're the same as the .50 cal, sitting at 3, which means that the .50 cal is a flat upgrade that makes .308 obsolete. I'd suggest a higher rate of fire for the .308 to differentiate it from the .50, which is more of an alpha strike one shot kill weapon while a .308 would be more suppressing.

gal, but whoops! I actually thought I already did that! It'll go on my list for poo poo to change next time I open fo4.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Iron Rose posted:

gal, but whoops! I actually thought I already did that! It'll go on my list for poo poo to change next time I open fo4.

My bad! Much appreciated, though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Talkie Toaster posted:

The problem is the fix is basically 'cram everything you can into a single menu' which ends up messy and hard to use. I'd rather have fewer mods, each well-organised, than have to scroll through 50 items every time I wanted to place something. The vanilla wooden walls menu is bad enough.

Yep, this, what seemed to happen was : first the submenus die and stop making any sense, then everything in the mod/bench w/e just becomes a slurry of barely related stuff, I think fo4 kills or prunes out submenu's first so it can still show all the content, which I guess is good, maybe.
what would perhaps be ideal is mudular submenu's of a mod, again, thats just a lot more work for the modder.
The submenus can be pretty granular as well, at least at crafting stations, the settlement stuff is a whole other kettle of fish, that way lies madness and I have no idea why it cannot be as neat as the crafting menus.

Oh, maybe because one is visually driven and the other is list driven.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Maybe one of you all can help me out with a problem I'm having in FO4Edit.

I have two new base effects (Magic Effects); let's call them Effect A and Effect B. Effect A has a lengthy duration, has a custom "Killswitch" keyword, and is tagged with the property "Dispel with Keyword". Effect B has a duration of one second, and also has the Killswitch keyword and the "Dispel with Keyword" property. There are also two new ingestibles, one that applies Effect A to the player and the other that applies Effect B to the player. Effect B's entire purpose is pretty much to dispel Effect A, and from everything I can tell, that's what should be happening - take one ingestible, then the other to dispel its effect. However, no matter what I try, I just cannot get Effect B to dispel Effect A, despite sharing the same keyword and both having the "dispel with keyword" flag. Effect A just stays on forever without being dispelled by Effect B.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get Effect B to dispel Effect A?

E: I should add that both are "Fire and Forget" and "Self" effects, in terms of casting type and delivery.

E, again: Disregard; I figured it out earlier this evening.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 14, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
New version of Mod Oraganziser 2 out, early support for 32bit apps.

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Looks like you need to delete plugins/bsa_extractor.dll from the new alpha, or it crashes when merging/replacing mods.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Looks like you need to delete plugins/bsa_extractor.dll from the new alpha, or it crashes when merging/replacing mods.

Good catch.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ok so I have Homemaker, Snap'n Build and Simple Intersection installed and everything was working peachy, but now everything in the settlement menu only rotates in 45 degree angles.
Items also seem to want to align themselves automatically to adjacent walls/floors.

I tried reinstalling each mod, but can't see any option to stop it doing this.

Anyone know what's going on?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How are mods like this possible if new models can't be added right now? Did people figure out how to do that?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Gestalt Intellect posted:

How are mods like this possible if new models can't be added right now? Did people figure out how to do that?

It was figured out late last week I think.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

They still haven't added physics to those yet though. Of them, the only one I like is the tucked in bun.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

As troll mentioned, however, those are just edeted meshes. someone else did some with more buns and so on. (or maybe its that one.)
However, there is a new gun mesh in the game, I'm interested in how that was possible. My problem is, I like creating from scratch or editing in programs like Zbrush, (well, used to, I forgot everything now, but trying to remember), but then I have to take that into another program like Blender, to rig everything, opening blender just makes me into one of those apes in 2001.

I got tired of that, & decided to create a second generation Synth armor, hopefully it will be a bit more elegant.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 14, 2016

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there a way to edit the appearance of the randomly generated settlers that show up in your towns? showlooksmenu only seems to work for the preset settlers that come with the place, but not the randomly generated ones.

I keep getting identical looking settlers in my settlements and it's making me go OCD like crazy.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Dad Jokes posted:

Is there a way to edit the appearance of the randomly generated settlers that show up in your towns? showlooksmenu only seems to work for the preset settlers that come with the place, but not the randomly generated ones.

I keep getting identical looking settlers in my settlements and it's making me go OCD like crazy.

Give everyone a sack hood and long johns.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:pwn:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8347/

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

gromdul posted:

Give everyone a sack hood and long johns.

I like to give all my guards gas masks and harnesses, and all my shop owners suits.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dad Jokes posted:

I tried a mod that cleaned them up and gave them makeup (!) they were still pretty identical, but now their faces and bodies had differently shaded skin.
Untill the F4ck is released, I dont see any way to get more randomness.

Harnesses for everyone. different colors of collars to show their assignment, like tato or sales.

Got bored of that, I'll go for color co-ordicated combat armor next. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4865/

And arm them with http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4805/

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 14, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

They still haven't added physics to those yet though. Of them, the only one I like is the tucked in bun.

I just tried it and there is physics though, not sure what you're talking about.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

I just tried it and there is physics though, not sure what you're talking about.

Unsurprising, stock hair has physics, so it looks like bark, and moves a little.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8379/

I'm pretty sure this one is tongue-in-cheek, but it's still pretty amazing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

I came here to post exactly that. although the name is fitting, if I saw her, I'd stone her.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8376/ yesss.

Just in case you were not suffering from the crafting menu's bug, This : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8361/ dat crazy teddy person has put everything into one .esp.

Finally, we knew it would happen, I'm surprised it took this long, really : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/660/ Bronies.

Ah, now this is an excellent idea : Power Armor Autopilot. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8262/ I'm going to go check if it works on stolen PA frames.

staberind fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 14, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

staberind posted:

Just in case you were not suffering from the crafting menu's bug, This : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8361/ dat crazy teddy person has put everything into one .esp.

A lot of mods are starting to use Settlement Keywords http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7259/ and it resolves this issue, hopefully that guy does too.

edit: I made a post on this mods nexus page asking if he would use Settlemnet Keywords and the dick bag just deleted it instead of replying.

edit 2: haha he banned me from viewing his files when I called him on it.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 15, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Any possibility of a mod like this being possible with current modding capabilities? I loved this for oblivion and would use way more drugs/food items/grenades/mines if there were more hotkeys, because it's too much of a hassle to scroll around the inventory every time I want a specific one.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18990/

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Gonkish posted:

GONE!

What was it?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

GONE!

What was it?
um

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU