Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Hit rank 1 today.

Couldn't finish the next-to-last fight in GW.

gently caress dis game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really hope this update tomorrow isn't half-assed. So many things need to scale along with the levels. Money income, training Droid drops, ability mats scarcity, etc.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

High Lord Elbow posted:

Hit rank 1 today.

Couldn't finish the next-to-last fight in GW.

gently caress dis game.

Just wait until tomorrow's GW is full of level 70s.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

Just wait until tomorrow's GW is full of level 70s.

I've been sniping 1 in arena consistently for the last couple of days now but I think that run is over. A level 57 squad can beat a level 60 but would just fluff every roll against a level 70.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

I've been sniping 1 in arena consistently for the last couple of days now but I think that run is over. A level 57 squad can beat a level 60 but would just fluff every roll against a level 70.

I doubt more than a handful of whales will even hit 61 tomorrow, and you'll hit 58.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

I really hope this update tomorrow isn't half-assed. So many things need to scale along with the levels. Money income, training Droid drops, ability mats scarcity, etc.

I'd be very surprised if that comes out tomorrow. I think tomorrow is just the lvl cap, and the meat and potatoes are coming later in month

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

I doubt more than a handful of whales will even hit 61 tomorrow, and you'll hit 58.

There's guys with 7 star Leias, Darth Mauls and Qui Gons on my server :smithicide:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I've said this before, but why raise the cap so early after launch? Now instead of getting more characters geared up to actually have a choice, I need to save everything for the main squad....

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

I've said this before, but why raise the cap so early after launch? Now instead of getting more characters geared up to actually have a choice, I need to save everything for the main squad....

Need something for the whales to keep spending money on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wonder if level 70 was the first end game goal, and they had to push it out for the movie, so they lowered the cap at 60. That's why so many characters were missing pieces of gear, and you could tell that skills would go up to the 60's and such. Like now everyone will have full gear pieces at 70 with no missing slots. Then in 6-12 months they'll raise it to 80, but it won't seem half cocked like 60 was.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm pretty much spinning wheels until the ships update gets announced/fleshed out. If its going to be really bad then I'm done.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I am working on making the most annoying team possible. So far my roster is hk-41, boba fett, old daka and the ewok elder. Not sure on the 5th yet, a buddy suggested teebo for stealth fuckery. Not sure who else would be as annoying.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

I am working on making the most annoying team possible. So far my roster is hk-41, boba fett, old daka and the ewok elder. Not sure on the 5th yet, a buddy suggested teebo for stealth fuckery. Not sure who else would be as annoying.

Asajj perhaps, for the stun and dispel? Though she is slow.

My arena team is built around 'AI is dumb anyway so at least I'll make sure they hit as hard as possible'. The obligational Sid as leader, with Luminara, Luke and Resistance Pilot (I missed out on FoTP but this guy hits as hard as a train loaded with trucks too :stare: ). 5th I have yet to decide upon, obviously the best would be Lando but that is not happening. I thought about Ahsoka but I read she is bad (though maybe with Sid as leader and her natural crit rate, wouldn't she crit basically all the time?).

Can anyone recommend a good 5th?

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Mr. Neutron posted:

Asajj perhaps, for the stun and dispel? Though she is slow.

My arena team is built around 'AI is dumb anyway so at least I'll make sure they hit as hard as possible'. The obligational Sid as leader, with Luminara, Luke and Resistance Pilot (I missed out on FoTP but this guy hits as hard as a train loaded with trucks too :stare: ). 5th I have yet to decide upon, obviously the best would be Lando but that is not happening. I thought about Ahsoka but I read she is bad (though maybe with Sid as leader and her natural crit rate, wouldn't she crit basically all the time?).

Can anyone recommend a good 5th?

Leia. And use the word "obligatory."

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

My GW today was a Catwalk, last fight had none of the strong characters besides Barriss and Lumi (Mace, JC and some chaff), and it was <4 lvls below my team :psyduck:

Tried out the Star Trek game but it got A) awful early grind wall, and B) that terrible character progress system where you have to find random characters, based on rarity that caps max stars AND find them AGAIN each time you want to up their star rank up to the rarity cap :suicide:

Its like if you had to randomly pull Kylo, the "7" star version and then once you'd lvl him to lvl 10, pull another "7" star Kylo, merge those two and now you've a lvl 10, efffctive 2 star Kylo that can be upgraded to 3 stars at lvl 20 if you have another Kylo card, repeat...

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 14, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Must be a weird bug. In GW, got the enemy Lumi down to what looked like a sliver of health, then retreated to bring in the A-Team and heal up for the next round. When I restarted, the enemy Lumi was still at 0 health, of course, but also got no turn meter. I've whittled down the other enemies and she's still stuck at zero turn meter.

EDIT:
I killed off the last guy other than Lumi, and I won. Huh. The zombie Lumi was standing there the whole time.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Mezzanine posted:

Must be a weird bug. In GW, got the enemy Lumi down to what looked like a sliver of health, then retreated to bring in the A-Team and heal up for the next round. When I restarted, the enemy Lumi was still at 0 health, of course, but also got no turn meter. I've whittled down the other enemies and she's still stuck at zero turn meter.

EDIT:
I killed off the last guy other than Lumi, and I won. Huh. The zombie Lumi was standing there the whole time.

I've had a similar thing happen with my Leia in GW. Showed as 'blue' and I could put her in my team, but she acted just like that Lumi.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mezzanine posted:

EDIT:

That's you had her dotted and she wanted to die on her turn but dots can't kill. Had it happen to me as well when my Sid would just stand there and if old daka healed he fell over dead.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
What happens if Ewock elder revives when that happens.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I wonder if level 70 was the first end game goal, and they had to push it out for the movie, so they lowered the cap at 60. That's why so many characters were missing pieces of gear, and you could tell that skills would go up to the 60's and such. Like now everyone will have full gear pieces at 70 with no missing slots. Then in 6-12 months they'll raise it to 80, but it won't seem half cocked like 60 was.

I actually believe that's the case with a lot of the game. I just hope this update today gives us more than just a level cap raise.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fallorn posted:

What happens if Ewock elder revives when that happens.

Don't have him unlocked. :( I tried for like 15 minutes to get Sid back, doing a Dakka heal, reordering people to change the RNG and trying again, etc... but each time Sid just fell over so I finished the GW without him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
IDK wtf to do with my team. I have a pretty good Sidious, but I don't know who he should be replacing...

Phasma 4-star, gear VII (leader)
Lumi 5-star, gear VII
JC 4-star, gear VII
Luke 4-star, gear VI
Poe, 3-star, gear VII

Should I just say gently caress it and use him as lead and bench the Phas?

Forsake double heals and bench the JC?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

IDK wtf to do with my team. I have a pretty good Sidious, but I don't know who he should be replacing...

Lumi 5-star, gear VII
JC 4-star, gear VII
Luke 4-star, gear VI
Poe, 3-star, gear VII

I think your team is fine as-is for now. You're going to have trouble farming shards for both Phasma and Lumi, as well as Luke and JC, though. I definitely wouldn't get rid of either JC or Lumi, since healers pull much more than their weight in GW. That takes it down to Phasma or Luke. Pick which healer you like more, and toss Luke if it's JC, and toss Phasma if it's Lumi.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mooktastical posted:

I think your team is fine as-is for now. You're going to have trouble farming shards for both Phasma and Lumi, as well as Luke and JC, though. I definitely wouldn't get rid of either JC or Lumi, since healers pull much more than their weight in GW. That takes it down to Phasma or Luke. Pick which healer you like more, and toss Luke if it's JC, and toss Phasma if it's Lumi.

I feel like Sid lead is pretty goddamn standard these days, so I'll probably drop Phasma and just focus on Lumi to 7-star.

Sid is already a 5-star with gear VI

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 14, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like Sid lead is pretty goddamn standard these days, so I'll probably drop Phasma and just focus on Lumi to 7-star.

It certainly used to be. Phasma is currently 11 of my shard's top 20,compared to 5 Sid's.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Lumi 5-star, gear VII
JC 4-star, gear VII
Luke 4-star, gear VI
Poe, 3-star, gear VII

If you are talking about arena, then Sid would replace JC. JC is great for GW, but I think healing is less useful in arena. It's more useful at lower levels, when damage isn't too insane, but at high level pvp, the damage gets to be so ridiculous that people are dead before you even get a heal off.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

commish posted:

I actually believe that's the case with a lot of the game. I just hope this update today gives us more than just a level cap raise.

They said the update won't even require any download, just a game restart so yeah, most likely 70 has been the intended cap all along.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

They said the update won't even require any download, just a game restart so yeah, most likely 70 has been the intended cap all along.

Well I at least hope they give us some new characters to farm. I would love to have guys like QGJ available for farming.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

Well I at least hope they give us some new characters to farm. I would love to have guys like QGJ available for farming.

They will. The cap raise is also allowing for higher levels of missions to be unlocked at the same time.

CG_John Salera posted:

With the coming level cap increase, you'll have the option of playing through the new campaign battles (Light / Dark / Cantina), as well as pursuing new Gear and Skill upgrades.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 14, 2016

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I just want to be able to star up my 2-star Leia without spending $3,000

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Level cap increase is live.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Seems to be about it for new stuff, aside the new missions and cantina battles.

I do want a list of what new shards are up there in those missions though.

e: Did some official forums trawling:
Also welcome 7* dooku to many teams ;O obviously will take a while to get there. [Node 6G]
Barriss also farmable now!

[At lvl 69 or something though]

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 14, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Most importantly, 3 new tiers for the training droid daily. :woop: One of them requires level 84 though. :(

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Patch notes:

quote:

Greetings Heroes,

The day is here that many of you have been waiting for, the level cap increase to 70! Along with the level cap increase comes new Light and Dark Side Battles, Cantina Battles and tiers of Challenges. These new stages will offer character shards available in the hard missions, as well as the new Cantina Battles.

Your characters will also have access to new Tiers of Gear as you level them up to 70.

Below you will find the levels that you will need to be in order to access these new Stages and Challenges, as well as the exact locations for character shards:

New Light Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 63 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
- Hard mission character shard drop locations:

7-A: Finn
7-B: Poe Dameron
7-C: Ima-Gun Di
7-D: Luke Skywalker

New Dark Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 67 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.

7-A: Poe Dameron
7-B: Rey
7-C: Plo Koon
7-D: Jedi Knight Anakin

New Cantina Battles
- Stage 5 unlocks at player level 61 and includes 7 new missions.
- Character shard drop locations:

5-A: Luke Skywalker
5-C: Finn
5-E: Talia
5-G: Clone Wars Chewbacca

- Stage 6 unlocks at player level 69 and includes 7 new missions.

6-A: Barriss Offee
6-C: Kylo Ren
6-E: Jedi Consular
6-G: Count Dooku

New Challenges
- New tiers will unlock for all available challenges as players level from 60-70, offering greater rewards.

Additional Notes

- Credit Droids will no longer drop from daily login rewards or challenges, they will instead be replaced with their credit equivalent.
- Princess Leia has had her ability Hair Trigger fixed to match the description. There was previously a bug that would allow this ability to attack up to 4 times instead of the intended 3.
- The icons for Darth Maul’s abilities Raging Storm and Whirling Blades were incorrect and have now been swapped.
- Kylo Ren’s ability Ragged Cut can no longer apply a damage over time effect if the attack is dodged.
- Chewbacca will no longer taunt if he is the last standing character in a squad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's the patch notes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6088/game-update-1-14-2016

quote:

New Light Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 63 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
7-A: Finn
7-B: Poe Dameron
7-C: Ima-Gun Di
7-D: Luke Skywalker
New Dark Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 67 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
7-A: Poe Dameron
7-B: Rey
7-C: Plo Koon
7-D: Jedi Knight Anakin
New Cantina Battles
- Stage 5 unlocks at player level 61 and includes 7 new missions.
5-A: Luke Skywalker
5-C: Finn
5-E: Talia
5-G: Clone Wars Chewbacca
- Stage 6 unlocks at player level 69 and includes 7 new missions.
6-A: Barriss Offee
6-C: Kylo Ren
6-E: Jedi Consular
6-G: Count Dooku

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

quote:

New Challenges
- New tiers will unlock for all available challenges as players level from 60-70, offering greater rewards.

My rear end. They didn't add any new tiers for the gear dailies.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There's two more locked stages for Cantina battles, above level 6, so there's obviously a level raise to 80 coming eventually.

Rey now got 3 hard mission grind spots, and Kylo got 2 cantina spots for some reason (Talia and Chewie as well).
Barriss got 2 normal (at level 8 though) and two hard mission grind spots (at lvl 5).
Jedi Anakin now got 3 hard grind spots in total.
Dooku now got 2 hard spots and 1 cantina spot.

Except to see more high star versions of the above in Arena and GW battles.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

There's two more locked stages for Cantina battles, above level 6, so there's obviously a level raise to 80 coming eventually.

Rey now got 3 hard mission grind spots, and Kylo got 2 cantina spots for some reason (Talia and Chewie as well).
Barriss got 2 normal (at level 8 though) and two hard mission grind spots (at lvl 5).
Jedi Anakin now got 3 hard grind spots in total.
Dooku now got 2 hard spots and 1 cantina spot.

Except to see more high star versions of the above in Arena and GW battles.

High star Dooku will be BRUTAL. Will definitely be farming him next.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Getting Dooku cracked out will be great but I don't know how many thousands of years it's going to take for me to get that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I blow all my energy farming, guess I need to use it on progress for a bit.

• Locked thread