Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Haha, I just caught the significance of the envelope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rand Brittain posted:

Haha, I just caught the significance of the envelope.

What might that be? I can't quite think of anything.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It says "At home" on it. Shauna was holding it up where he could see off-panel, so that he would know what alibi to give.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Man. Daz is the most incompetent criminal.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shauna truly is the best.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bongo Bill posted:

It says "At home" on it. Shauna was holding it up where he could see off-panel, so that he would know what alibi to give.

Haha okay that was pretty good.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

7c Nickel posted:

Knowing the cute waitress at Hugo's is actually a retired superspy would also open up options.

I don't think that's going to happen. I can't remember where but I seem to recall Allison writing that he was "retiring" a lot of the more wacky characters like Fallon, Hugo, Tim-As-Plot-Device-Inventor, etc. to concentrate on more grounded stories. I'd be surprised if he goes back on it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

http://bobbins.horse Expecting to fry? What the hell, John Allison, what the hell.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, what did everybody think of the latest issue of Giant Days, starring Big Lindsey? Anyone?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Was Sarah Grote not joking when she identified a place in Tackleford as the spot where "Big Lindsay's baby was conceived" in the last Scary Go Round storyline? I only possess the first issue of Giant Days, and I still haven't gotten around to reading it; should read some today.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, what did everybody think of the latest issue of Giant Days, starring Big Lindsey? Anyone?

I liked it, and I like all of Giant Days, but I've totally forgotten who Big Lindsey is.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Fangz posted:

I liked it, and I like all of Giant Days, but I've totally forgotten who Big Lindsey is.

There really wasn't much to her. She was one of Esther's trio, used to be known as "Small Lindsey" before becoming tall and intimidating, played the drums, carved a metal musician's name into her brother's arm and roughed up Amy in a bathroom at a concert.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Also she got pregnant. As I recall they put up a blue plaque to commemorate the occassion.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What... what is this? A vision comes unbidden to my eyes! Shauna vents to Daz, explains how his rear end in a top hat move will cause the shop to close up. She explains that Amy doesn't have The Knack anymore. Daz realizes his friend has the knack, and a chance for redemption appears! Daz and Co. travel around the country, ferreting out priceless antiques and rejuvenating Amy's shop, all the while earning money to pay off his debt, and finally turning him into a productive member of society, and... dare I say it... a useful human being? :aaaaa:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

pay off his debt

lol

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Don't forget, when Amy had The Knack she found a set of china valuable enough for Lovejoy to burn down her shop and steal it to sell to the president of France. All it takes is one big score and Daz can get out from under Si Dixon's thumb in one fell swoop!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

He really only needs enough money to afford a lawyer.

Shelley's available.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

Don't forget, when Amy had The Knack she found a set of china valuable enough for Lovejoy to burn down her shop and steal it to sell to the president of France. All it takes is one big score and Daz can get out from under Si Dixon's thumb in one fell swoop!

in the time it takes him to walk the cash from the fence to the bar, his interest has compounded to the GNP of Swaziland. But it's a good monthly installment!

Rand Brittain posted:

He really only needs enough money to afford a lawyer.

Shelley's available.

I'm fairly sure 'because I said so' is an airtight legal defense in the court of do whatever I say or I'll break your kneecaps

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 11, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Are there any instances where we've actually seen Shelly practice law? I'd imagine she would literally use the Chewbacca Defense.

I had completely forgotten Legal Beagle was one of her titles.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 12, 2016

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Thinking of buying Giant Days. Is it like a university version of Bad Machinery with them going round fighting crime and solving mysteries or is it a thoughtful examination of three teenage girls experiencing the transition from youth to adulthood and from dependence to personal responsibility (i.e. booooooring)?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Leroy Dennui posted:

Are there any instances where we've actually seen Shelly practice law? I'd imagine she would literally use the Chewbacca Defense.

I had completely forgotten Legal Beagle was one of her titles.

She knew that Amy didn't really owe anything to the old folks who swindled her back in the day; she just chose not to say so.

Shelley is apparently brilliant when it comes to interpreting whatever data manages to pierce her thick candy shell of madness. (Hence her giving up a brilliant career because of 'fear of judges'.)

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
It looks like somebody wasn't satisfied with their Eggo, or their Off Brand Shrek.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Thinking of buying Giant Days. Is it like a university version of Bad Machinery with them going round fighting crime and solving mysteries or is it a thoughtful examination of three teenage girls experiencing the transition from youth to adulthood and from dependence to personal responsibility (i.e. booooooring)?

It's less mystery-solving, more irresponsible sex, drugs and rock and roll. So... Neither?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Captain Bravo posted:

Shauna ... realizes Daz's friend has the knack, and a chance for redemption appears!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Pistol_Pete posted:

Buying Giant Days is a good purchasing decision for smart handsome people. It's probably more like Learning to Fly or New Bobbins but even then it's not an exact match.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Captain Bravo may have finally got a prediction correctly.

Also, Giant Days is cool. The first six issues were the stronger bits and after that it's still good, but Esther is becoming completely unlikeable the more the comic goes. Whatever issue came out last week, #11, or #10, had me groaning until the half point when Big Lindsay actually saved it.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 12, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Does anyone else remember way back in the day when Ryan was literally Ryan Adams? Obviously he stuck around and got turned into his own character, but it still seemed weird to me that he's been written into pre-Bobbins history

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Well Rich "Tweedy" was also apparently Jeff Tweedy so that makes sense.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Saoshyant posted:

Captain Bravo may have finally got a prediction correctly.

The trick was to not predict any violence. :pseudo:

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Wow Shauna's dad. Just wow. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

hit button posted:

Wow Shauna's dad. Just wow. :smith:

oh noooooooo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow Glenn, way to duck it all up, Glenn.

Glenn is the worst.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Come on, you can't just put someone on the spot like that. You can't just force sudden major revelations out on the street. Maybe he'll tell his family when he gets home?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dabir posted:

Come on, you can't just put someone on the spot like that. You can't just force sudden major revelations out on the street. Maybe he'll tell his family when he gets home?

if it's that kind of big secret that all that child support money was going to a child and he just met up with her again, maybe the revelation should get forced.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Another half brother? Shauna just keeps collecting them.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"Oh hey, yes, this is my OTHER child, that I've never previously mentioned before. Shall we all get a coffee together?"

It's still Glenn's fault mind: it's hardly a shocking relevation that someone might have a child from a previous relationship; no reason to conceal it except for Glenn's obvious avoidant personality. And if he's still living in the same area, any reasonable person should have been able to forsee that they're likely to awkwardly bump into each other at some point. Glenn's going to go off now, feel horribly guilty but not actually change his behaviour.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In Glenn's defense, check the body language of both the lady and the kid: they are very much not receptive to outsiders bursting their family bubble. And Shauna just came out of nowhere. There really was no other way that would have played out.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

In Glenn's defense, check the body language of both the lady and the kid: they are very much not receptive to outsiders bursting their family bubble. And Shauna just came out of nowhere. There really was no other way that would have played out.

That situation is wholly Glenn's fault for not telling them about this earlier, though.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Saoshyant posted:

Kid's body language is "Dang, they some sweet boots". Lady's is just "Huh". Nothing obviously standoffish like crossed arms or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe the answer to Blossom will be Claire putting the fear of fire into her.

• Locked thread