Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao why are people mobbing the store it was sold at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RedQueen posted:

Scramble the chopper we're going to Chino Hills

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/687500908280688641

i hope these poeple die

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A Man and his dog posted:

they dumb

Chinatown posted:

i hope these poeple die

what happened to facefucking???

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

people died, yo.

The people whom didn't are very happy though.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I feel like men buy lotto tickets at a much higher rate than women but maybe I'm wrong?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Option 1: They don't understand how the lottery works and saw the store they bought tickets at on the news, and thought that that meant they could have won.
Option 2: They're hoping whoever won went straight to the same store they bought the ticket from to collect the billion dollars in cash they had stashed in the "Just In Case Someone Wins the Lottery Here" Vault, and they planned to mug them.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
They want to get the security footage of the ticket winner before he declares so they can steal his ticket

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.

VendaGoat posted:

:lol: you think it'll take that long

Its police math

1 gram of weed = $25,000,000 STREET VALUE

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Seriously if I was the guy I'd probably try to crowdsurf with the 7/11 retards because I'm also a retard

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Maybe they think it'll be like this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvnJ9Tiztcc

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

$7312 spent on tickets. Only won 1 powerball ticket. Anyone got a spare $7308?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Maybe they think it'll be like this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvnJ9Tiztcc

Broke in 6 months?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

King Vidiot posted:

Option 1: They don't understand how the lottery works and saw the store they bought tickets at on the news, and thought that that meant they could have won.
Option 2: They're hoping whoever won went straight to the same store they bought the ticket from to collect the billion dollars in cash they had stashed in the "Just In Case Someone Wins the Lottery Here" Vault, and they planned to mug them.

Option 3: It has the magic machine that prints the winning numbers, BUY MORE NOW

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wait, this is the guy who won? You have to be kidding me. loving hipsters.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

VendaGoat posted:

Broke in 6 months?

i certainly wouldnt be waving that ticket around much less let fat trash get it in their hands.

RedQueen posted:

Scramble the chopper we're going to Chino Hills

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/687500908280688641

:911:

:suicide:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 14, 2016

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ahahahaha my sister dated him ahahahaha

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Ahahahaha my sister dated him ahahahaha

your sister is mary magdalene?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Like for reals if that is the guy who won ahahahahha @ my life and my sister's gently caress me gently caress the world ahahahha

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Roger Craig posted:

They want to get the security footage of the ticket winner before he declares so they can steal his ticket

I'm guessing this. If the person lays low long enough, I'm sure someone will leak a the store security footage on youtube at like 1AM.

Ironically, the tape that would have captured the identity of the buyer was recorded over to capture the activities of the crowds rushing the store right now.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

mdm posted:

Option 3: It has the magic machine that prints the winning numbers, BUY MORE NOW

Option 4: we know the winning ticket was sold here, and is unclaimed, there is a non-zero chance that someone dropped it next to the nacho cheese station

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They're doing this wrong, though: You don't look for the man who bought a winning lotto ticket like this one by going backwards to the scene of the crime.

You SHOULD be on the lookout for people who are actively trying to get away from Chino Hills as fast as they can...

"EVERYONE! HE'S ON THE HIGHWAY! START CHASING ANYONE!"

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Like for reals if that is the guy who won ahahahahha @ my life and my sister's gently caress me gently caress the world ahahahha

It's blurry and maybe photoshopped but he did post it 12 minutes after the drawing saying Chino Hills before that was announced

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm guessing this. If the person lays low long enough, I'm sure someone will leak a the store security footage on youtube at like 1AM.

Ironically, the tape that would have captured the identity of the buyer was recorded over to capture the activities of the crowds rushing the store right now.

I don't think they tell the store anything about the date/time of the purchase

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lomarf goons are so loving stupid "hey this guy on Instagram won oh man gently caress this gay earth"

No one is tweeting their winning tickets you tools

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

RedQueen posted:

I don't think they tell the store anything about the date/time of the purchase

I think a few times they have announced, though, "Oh, the winning ticket was sold at a 7-11 on Monday". Maybe that's a state-by-state lottery commission decision, though, in part to help inform potential quick-pick buyers or something.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't tell anyone that they won the money, especially not before they cash the loving thing, unless they want to be splitting the money with their newly made good friends, Tony the Mug and Little Eddie.

Given that apparently only a single ticket won I'll be interested to see if it actually gets turned in.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 14, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The ticket could've been dropped somewhere. Cordon off the area and begin an intensive search immediately!

AND

Roger Craig posted:

Mariana Horchata posted:

if the government was smart theyd orchestrate this poo poo around the time all the tax rebate checks get sent out.

It could be back up there soon.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's probably a good thing they don't let ppl max out their cards on the lottery.

That'd be :waycool:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
id buy a shampoo factory and put nair in the bottles

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

they dumb

lol at 'Nipton'

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

should hack a powerball ticket printer to print out all these details on authentic powerball ticket paper and then chloroform this guy
then use your billion to drop him on an uninhabited island in the pacific

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

FCKGW posted:

lomarf goons are so loving stupid "hey this guy on Instagram won oh man gently caress this gay earth"

You might be right but he did post it before they announced where it came from.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/01/photoshopped-or-nah-erik-bragg-takes-ig-photo-of-winning-powerball-tix/

So even if he is lying, he's going to be getting harassed. And nothing to benefit from it.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Na it was photoshopped, his had lines A through E but the real tickets only have lines for purchased numbers, so there should have only been an A

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Melmac posted:

So even if he is lying, he's going to be getting harassed. And nothing to benefit from it.

Sell the movie rights to the story: A guy makes a facsimile of a winning lotto ticket on the internet as a joke and it explodes into a social media and real-life nightmare over the next 48 hours until the real winner comes forward.

This Fall: Adam Sandler presents, "The Imitation Game"

Wait, poo poo... That title's already taken...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is what a single line ticket looks like

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What a loving retard. Does he have a death wish?

Also gently caress Chino Hills!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I hope all the MILLIONS of losers remember to never, ever give up. Tomorrow is another day and every $2 ticket purchase doubles your shot of winning.

Saturday night is very near!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

now that there's one confirmed winner, I hope there's like 13 more because I'm a spiteful person

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
the lotto people are the ones who said that one person in china hills won, they know there wasnt multiple winners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Crusty Nutsack posted:

now that there's one confirmed winner, I hope there's like 13 more because I'm a spiteful person

I don't see the spite in this desire

• Locked thread