Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Pocket Mortys released early y'all. official thread here--> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
bill why

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Al! posted:

stymie and his like are fun to antagonize tho

You're a regular puppet master, dude.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Al! posted:

good metroid games: super, prime 1, fusion, cave story

II

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Space-Pope posted:

play my levels, scrub

cool accept my friend request then play and star all my levels

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i kinda wanna get a flight stick for elite but i'd like a separate throttle and apparently everything is either junk or like $400

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why not just play elite for a few days then give up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fabricated posted:

i kinda wanna get a flight stick for elite but i'd like a separate throttle and apparently everything is either junk or like $400
ch throttle is a hundo, and their joystick is a hundo too, and its top notch legit stuff, unless you want to spend like $500 on custom russian joystick built by turbospergs for turbospergs, and another $800 on set of elaborate pedals + couple hundo on some artisanal throttle from somewhere

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Fabricated posted:

seconding ch products if you don't want to spend a boatload

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the hotas thing seems a little spergey to me.... just use an Xbox pad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

The Metal Gear Online PC beta that kicked off yesterday has already been suspended because of “a possible exploit” that, according to Kotaku, allowed players to acquire MB coins, the in-game currency that's normally purchased with real money, without paying for it.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Metal Beer?!

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

ok dual caestus report: you can in fact parry but only out of power stance. in power stance LT does this amazing whirlwind attack?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder that it is deeply shameful to use a joypad with a pc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

quiggy I played your Mario maker levels. you are a bad person

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Improbable Lobster posted:

but then you're using origin

honestly it is better than the lardsass goon vomiting on themselves that is steam nowadays. steam just shovels out buckets of poo poo day after day after day. orgins refund policy owns and it took about 2 hours from my money to be sent back from the time I asked for it no questions asked.

speaking of piles of poo poo. any word on the new homeworld game coming out in 2 weeks. no real press has dropped on it till today. why the heck are they making a ground based homeworld?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

it pays the bills.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

quiggy I played your Mario maker levels. you are a bad person

they are hard, but fair

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
the penny is starting to drop for the star citizen faithful

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

ch throttle is a hundo, and their joystick is a hundo too, and its top notch legit stuff, unless you want to spend like $500 on custom russian joystick built by turbospergs for turbospergs, and another $800 on set of elaborate pedals + couple hundo on some artisanal throttle from somewhere

the russian cobra m3 or m5 or whatever looks really, really, really good and is incredibly customisable if you are a russian space-pope.

outside of that the CH products are the highest quality hotas' available right now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

the russian cobra m3 or m5 or whatever looks really, really, really good and is incredibly customisable if you are a russian space-pope.

outside of that the CH products are the highest quality hotas' available right now.
now take a look what russians turbospergs can make you, given a cobra m5 and three hundo

e: actually there's new model of that

e2: same guys also make

e3: eh if im going with turbo sperg pictures, may as well post $520 pedals

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 14, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and yeah, cobra m5 is a decent joystick in itself, and whatever issues there were are relatively easily fixable yourself, iirc

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
yeah i was going to buying a cobra till i found an old x52 on sale locally, the cobra is so drat sexy.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

SynthOrange posted:

Why not just play elite for a few days then give up.

this is the pro strat

i bought a $50 hotas and it suited my needs of using it for a month and then getting bored

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tanith posted:

it pays the bills.

thanks dad

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

sandoz posted:

ok dual caestus report: you can in fact parry but only out of power stance. in power stance LT does this amazing whirlwind attack?

yeah catching an invader in the mouth with that is like christmas every time

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

this is the pro strat

i bought a $50 hotas and it suited my needs of using it for a month and then getting bored
it's hilarious when even scott manley / illectro has to fast forward at 4x speed or do jump cuts through a million jumps because the game is just crammed with travel time filler @ 1 min per system jump; eve is boring as poo poo to play most of the time and even that got faster travel

the game would be so much more fun if they just doubled or quadrupled frameshift

this is assuming they reworked the combat after i played so it isn't a stomp on either side

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 14, 2016

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

or let you set autopilot or something. I gave up after I realized I would have to remap all my controls for the third time. flying was fun, hopefully it will be a bit better with the rift

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

or let you set autopilot or something. I gave up after I realized I would have to remap all my controls for the third time. flying was fun, hopefully it will be a bit better with the rift
yeah or autopilot; it wouldn't even be that bad because then you'd still have to manual fuel scoop partway

i don't get the design decisions at all, but it's popular so i just assume the game isn't for me. i'll still try it out on the rift but as immersive as it is, i'll probably spend more time in an arcadey shooter like eve valkerie or elite starfighter

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

monhun stories looks good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rlUuOdd14&t=60s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I want ed to have an in world YouTube pip for those long hauls

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
ed reminds me of my mmo days where i had a second game to play during the lulls of the first game

poo poo yeah bejeweled addon for wow, gonna play this so hard during raids

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yea I thought it was really cool at first but it just had no staying power

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Bhodi posted:

yeah or autopilot; it wouldn't even be that bad because then you'd still have to manual fuel scoop partway

i don't get the design decisions at all, but it's popular so i just assume the game isn't for me. i'll still try it out on the rift but as immersive as it is, i'll probably spend more time in an arcadey shooter like eve valkerie or elite starfighter

same. it's super grognardy but in a needlessly complicated way

Silver Alicorn posted:

yea I thought it was really cool at first but it just had no staying power

same

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sadly that was my experience too. it's the best "you are flying a space ship" experience there is right now, but there just isn't enough stuff to do with that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i enjoy ed for the same reason I enjoy eurotruck, there's a real satisfaction to the kinetic feel of piloting something like that, bringing it in to dock etc, I'm just never going to play too much of it because as it turns out trucking is a pretty boring job, space or no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

sadly that was my experience too. it's the best "you are flying a space ship" experience there is right now, but there just isn't enough stuff to do with that

yeah turns out flying a realistic spacecraft is actually really time-consuming and not a whole lot happens most of the time

ksp is only bearable because of time accel and your personal investment in the ship design

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like it has combat, but you're never going to get good enough at it to beat an actual player

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

looks p comfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh poo poo I own a wiiu i can now play monster hunter

• Locked thread