Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

laz0rbeak posted:

Presented without context:

Source: Supreme 52-A, Alan Moore and Jim Mooney

yeah dude this gives it more than enough context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

In one issue of Posehn's run on Deadpool, Wade is easy to find simply because he tweets everything. Iron Fist was disappointed because there used to be actual challenge in locating people, and Deadpool is giving out the name of the restaurant where he's taking a poo poo in the soup.

So, nothing would be different.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Dario the Wop posted:

Alan Moore's Supreme was awesome, filled with crazy fun stuff just like this. It was a parody/tribute to the Silver Age before everyone else started doing that. It wasn't a "serious" book, as evidenced below: Korgo the Space Tyrant has conquered the White House...

Yep it's amazing. Also full of bad-rear end panels.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Avenger's Academy Giant Size # 1

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

kizudarake posted:

Avenger's Academy Giant Size # 1

Man, this issue was great! It's too bad Arcade and the Avengers Academy kids never crossed paths ever again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Polaron posted:

Is that the one where Superman-as-Batman runs into Bane and Riddler and causes them to have a complete meltdown?

Yup.

Edit: Not a panel, but it's pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcXA_iokPc

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman: American Alien #3.

It's Bruce Wayne's 21's birthday boat bash. He's not there, but Clark Kent just happened to be in a chartered plane crash right next to it. Everyone assumes he's Bruce making a big entrance and he takes advantage of the situation.

I really, really like "You ruin Broosh Wayne shirt" and "Sard Borken."

Also guys, I think part of the joke is that out of costume Bruce and Clark look almost identical.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm sure he's been in some stupid poo poo (and I mean the :cripes: sort, not the 'stick heros in pinball machines' sort) I've forgotten about, but I love Arcade as a concept and in general.

It also ties back to "Agent X was fun" because he was fun in the short time he cameod in that.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Also guys, I think part of the joke is that out of costume Bruce and Clark look almost identical.

Yeah, I like this. Also even as much as I like to poke fun at when Superman or Batman are assholes, going all "He just tried to murder a dude" just doesn't fly (:haw:) here well as it usually does.

Plus, super tossing him into the ocean, superhuman assassin mans or not as the victim , is still probably more gentle than what Batman would probably have done to remind us how hardcore batman is :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Also he's clearly drunk.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If anyone can handle bouncing back from jobbing to Superman, it's Deathstroke.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Also he's clearly drunk.

He's not drunk, it's the poison Deathstroke used, which conveniently and hilariously resembles drunkenness when ingested by an alien god.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yes, that's what I meant.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It's a bad joke because they only look how the artist decides they look (given some specific details like both being dark-haired white males), so there's no reason they should look remotely similar.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, that's what I meant.

Oh, sorry, wasn't trying to be nitpicky.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is really killing the thread and this silly jokey comic, but here's young Bruce and Clark next to each other.

They look distinct, but again, nobody on the boat would know.

Everybody okay now?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 14, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I feel like this conversation must go on a lot in universe. Bruce Wayne is probably a popular suspect for being Superman, and Deathstroke just quietly chuckles "Hey, Bruce. :smug:" to Superman every time they meet.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

It's a bad joke because they only look how the artist decides they look (given some specific details like both being dark-haired white males), so there's no reason they should look remotely similar.

The fact that Clark and Bruce look alike is a long-running joke in the DCU :confused: Like, aside from the multiple times they've literally switched places across multiple mediums, they're pretty clearly meant to evoke a sense of "possibly brothers" in both readers and also people who just meet them on the street.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

Yup.

Edit: Not a panel, but it's pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcXA_iokPc

Robin really wins that video. From "He's been workin' out" to taking the Riddler's hat, he seems to be having a great time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Street Fighter V: The Life and Death(s) of Charlie Nash.

I remember you, Joe :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

Robin really wins that video. From "He's been workin' out" to taking the Riddler's hat, he seems to be having a great time.

Animated Tim was the best.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

He's the guy who knocks Balrog's cousin Tito out on the intro screen of SF2, right?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think he is actually the guy in the intro. We nearly got him instead of Cody in Alpha 2.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

He's the guy who knocks Balrog's cousin Tito out on the intro screen of SF2, right?

I think that intro was originally going to be used for Final Fight, but they put it in SF2 instead. So it was going to be Cody, but people just label him as Joe because it makes more sense.

Then in Street Fighter Alpha 3 they were planning on bringing Joe back as an escaped convict who loves fighting too much, but then decided it would be a better development for Cody.

Also, the crappy Final Fight Streetwise game had a guy named Ghost who is widely believed to just be a renamed Joe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It just really, really looks like Joe and Mike from SF1, is all.

Or as he prefers to be called, Tito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGEvd3uEaQ&t=153s

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Been reading some past X-Men and Kitty Pryde has an interesting top when she first joins the X-Men

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ultragonk posted:

Been reading some past X-Men and Kitty Pryde has an interesting top when she first joins the X-Men

VITO?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ultragonk posted:

She was way into the OJ trial.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Girl loves herself some rhinestone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Swillkitsch posted:

The fact that Clark and Bruce look alike is a long-running joke in the DCU :confused: Like, aside from the multiple times they've literally switched places across multiple mediums, they're pretty clearly meant to evoke a sense of "possibly brothers" in both readers and also people who just meet them on the street.
Please show me these myriad times where Batman pretended to be Clark Kent or Superman pretended to be Bruce Wayne. Oh wait they didn't happen because they're not supposed to look alike beyond a really basic description.

Superman wearing Batman's costume is irrelevant since anyone who is in good shape could do that because he wears a mask.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ultragonk posted:

Girl loves herself some rhinestone

Ygolonac was making a joke son.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Ygolonac was making a joke son.

Oh yeah no doubt but I just found that on a GIS and it matched up well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Please show me these myriad times where Batman pretended to be Clark Kent or Superman pretended to be Bruce Wayne. Oh wait they didn't happen because they're not supposed to look alike beyond a really basic description.

Superman wearing Batman's costume is irrelevant since anyone who is in good shape could do that because he wears a mask.

They did it a lot in the Silver Age. Usually just to gently caress with Lois Lane.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lois Lane doesn't count because she obviously has face blindness and they are taking advantage of that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

They did it a lot in the Silver Age. Usually just to gently caress with Lois Lane.

Someone has to teach her a lesson!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Someone has to teach her a lesson!

Boy was that ever a reoccurring element of the silver age.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Gavok posted:

The Street Fighter tournament rules were MUCH laxer back in the day.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

WickedHate posted:

I feel like this conversation must go on a lot in universe. Bruce Wayne is probably a popular suspect for being Superman, and Deathstroke just quietly chuckles "Hey, Bruce. :smug:" to Superman every time they meet.

No, Bruce Wayne is the Green Hornet. 1960s Batman wouldn't lie to me!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bruceski posted:

No, Bruce Wayne is the Green Hornet. 1960s Batman wouldn't lie to me!

And Batman, of course, is wealthy publishing magnate Britt Reid!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god robot snuff

nah, he survives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That smirk on Nightbeat's face is great, but I just can't look at his design without thinking "You're an ambulance, not a policeman!" (Yes, I'm more familiar with Masterforce than Marvel UK)