Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Junkie Disease posted:

After a few hours of pocket mortys I can say you are better served with just about everything on the 3ds.

Yeah this game is pretty underwhelming and super samey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yes. Go to missions, and scroll around until you find the older missions.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zotix posted:

Yes. Go to missions, and scroll around until you find the older missions.

I mean like the prelude missions. Or is there no real reason to 3 star missions other than ego stroking?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I was all excited to play Timelines on day one, but apparently it was not meant to be. I get an error as the first mission is loading saying "resource not found, -quest not current quest" and the game becomes unresponsive. Has anyone come across anything like this while reading about the game?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I went with Picard during the beta, but this time, it's Sisko for that DS9 action. I also immediately pulled a second one. :getin:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 14, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Weird, ST Timelines is not available for me in Toronto, but other Canadians are saying its available.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Shwqa posted:

For the pocket morty

The recipe list has already been discovered, here is the list if you want it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PocketMortys/comments/40roix/recipes/

Oh thanks, I was wondering how to get more Manipulator chips.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Giving the ST game a shot but wow the tutorial is short and doesn't explain anything. I'm figuring things out as I go but any chance we get a new thread with people who played the beta to create a good OP for the newbs?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Coffeehitler posted:

oh man, John DeLancie intro. I'm sold.

Ohhhh my, this might get me interested. I haven't been paying attention to any of these Star Wars/Star Trek/licensed games because I usually assume that they're no-gameplay/wait-to-play/pay-to-win bullshit. Is this not the case for this game?

It's funny; when I got my first smartphone, I was all over anything free. Now, if something is free (not just on sale/temporary giveaway), I'm wary of ending up in a F2P/P2W vortex of shittiness. Helps that because of money from surveys (Depot-bux), I have an actual balance.

Or something like the Fallout 'game'.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Real problem with Timelines is they give almost no way of getting the premium dudes and no free premium currency, at least in beta you hit this wall where you lovely white/green dudes just aren't good enough for missions, hopefully they fixed that some.

Wait so it's pretty much impossible to play the game without dumping a bunch of money in?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Sadly it does look like it. It appears that even to move on to a better ship you need to drop some cash for crystals.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Yeah the 4 dollar monthly purchase dor daily paycrystals seems to be basically mandatory, but I'd rather have an upfront tax than the poo poo star wars wants from you. I'm guessing the goon fleet is goonfleet? I joined it cause it was public.

Also anyone know who else they got to record new stuff? Tutorial Kate Mulgrew sounded contemporary.

Edit: aaaand poo poo got hit by the can't log in bug.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 14, 2016

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Shwqa posted:

For the pocket morty

The recipe list has already been discovered, here is the list if you want it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PocketMortys/comments/40roix/recipes/

Correction, the everything lists have been discovered.

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/the-ultimate-pocket-mortys-guide/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Sorcery 2 worth playing? I just gave it a shot and the first thing it did was have me get into an unavoidable fight with a homeless guy, and I really didn't feel like beating up or killing a homeless beggar as my first action in the world. it seems to suggest you can try to avoid fighting him, but then it throws you into this fight anyway and if you die you're only option is to rewind and try to kill the homeless man again. I like the narrative structure it seemed to have going on, but if it's just window dressing for a turn based RPG where you just kill everyone and make no choices, I'll just uninstall it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I can't log in to Star Trek either. Just an FYI you get a 4* Janeway at the end of the month.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Cool, its not just me that can't log in then.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Is Sorcery 2 worth playing? I just gave it a shot and the first thing it did was have me get into an unavoidable fight with a homeless guy, and I really didn't feel like beating up or killing a homeless beggar as my first action in the world. it seems to suggest you can try to avoid fighting him, but then it throws you into this fight anyway and if you die you're only option is to rewind and try to kill the homeless man again. I like the narrative structure it seemed to have going on, but if it's just window dressing for a turn based RPG where you just kill everyone and make no choices, I'll just uninstall it.

I would swear you could just ignore him, but that might be because I've always imported my save game from the first Sorcery! , and he acts as the combat tutorial.

In any case, you only end up giving him a light beating and you can converse with him afterwards and join up with him temporarily. The Sorcery! series is filled with choices and you are very rarely forced into combat. If you get into a dangerous situation with an intelligent creature you usually get the choice to cast a spell, attempt to talk your way out, or fight, each of them being perfectly valid most off the time.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.” is available on the store

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Has Star Trek Timelines not launched in Europe? I can't find it on the Play store here in Germany.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Here's the Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines

It was something like the 20th result when I searched for it on the phone app.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do we have a thread for Star Trek yet? Because I have a couple questions..

How do I tell who is best for the second spot on space battles? Is there a way to see what power does what? I've been using just Picard and O'Brien (and before that, Riker), but some people have red text and some people have blue text and I don't know what's doing what.

When I'm doing on missions to get specific gear, it just says "Locked".. regardless of whether or not I actually have the mission unlocked. Why? Bug?

Edit: One more - can you tell how long a Faction Mission is going to take? The first batch I did were like 60 seconds, now everything is over 2 hours.

Edit2: If anyone read this one originally, it was Medical I'm short on, not Science.. Data is doing better than I thought. I have like no medical. One guy who is a Nurse, a couple gray characters with Medical as a secondary. I'm on a mission and Medical is step 1. That blows.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 14, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
In Soda Dungeon, are there supposed to be a couple of special items that aren't findable yet? I know I'm missing the dragon armor, but I have five or six "??????" strings in the item inventory, but I can't find any reference that had more special items than I've found.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Never clicked purchase so fast as I have today.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

I guess I have no excuse for never having played this now, even though I enjoyed the short story as a high schooler. Thanks!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Can anyone recommend emulators for NES, GBA, and Genesis that support the MOGA controllers?

Also, is there a better emulator for SNES than SNES9X that also supports the MOGA controllers?

khy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 14, 2016

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Have no idea how I missed it, but Blendoku 2 is out (has been since December) for all of your color puzzle needs. God, I love these games...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelyfew.blendoku2

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tonytheshoes posted:

Have no idea how I missed it, but Blendoku 2 is out (has been since December) for all of your color puzzle needs. God, I love these games...
Oh yeah, forgot to post about this. The new game mode is a complete mystery to me but the regular puzzles are good and there are a couple of new mechanics that mix things up a bit. I bought all the extra levels and have nearly finished getting perfect+time achievements on every level so they had better release some more in the next week!

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Tunga posted:

Oh yeah, forgot to post about this. The new game mode is a complete mystery to me but the regular puzzles are good and there are a couple of new mechanics that mix things up a bit. I bought all the extra levels and have nearly finished getting perfect+time achievements on every level so they had better release some more in the next week!

I don't understand the painting mode either! I've tried every combination and I just seem to stumble on the solution eventually.

I also bought all the levels, but since I just grabbed the game yesterday, I still have a ways to go. I wonder if they'll add 'negative' mode again. That was pretty awesome---it really stretched out the last game in a really challenging way.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are we going to make a real fleet, since goonfleet is carried over from beta and we have no real control over it?

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

I'm playing this terrible game called Last Empire War Z. It's one of those build a fort and upgrade buildings and build an army and then go attack other peoples bases. I'm not sure what those games are called. Strategy?
Anyway, I was checking to see if anyone else is playing this horrible game that I can't put down. Even better does anyone know if a goon alliance exists for this game? If not is there a goon alliance in a similar game? Mobile Strike? Even though they are admittedly terrible I can't put it down. I'd be willing to start a new base if there's a goon alliance in one of these types of games. I don't know how much more pubbie alliances I can take.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Zotix posted:

Are we going to make a real fleet, since goonfleet is carried over from beta and we have no real control over it?

I think we make a fleet when someone makes a thread and I don't think anyone with good thread making skills has started playing this yet.

I am having fun so far but I am very concerned about the pay wall I see coming.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Is there a way to redo missions in Star Trek for more stars?

e: nvm, it's seems to be only the prologue you can't redo?

Geektox fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 14, 2016

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

10 people have downloaded Star Trek Timelines according to Google. Are all 10 of those people in this thread?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

goat manilla posted:

10 people have downloaded Star Trek Timelines according to Google. Are all 10 of those people in this thread?
10-50 installs and 132 reviews. I guess that poo poo doesn't update very fast.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

CrashCat posted:

10-50 installs and 132 reviews. I guess that poo poo doesn't update very fast.

From my experience it's anywhere between 24-72 hour delay to update the statistics.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kegslayer posted:

Wait so it's pretty much impossible to play the game without dumping a bunch of money in?

I will say they have revised much in the launch version they increased the rate of rare dudes from in-game currency pulls by a huge factor, give almost 20x as much currency and stuff for leveling up and even decreased the ship grind needed for new ships. The ship battles are way less dynamic then they were in the Beta I was playing but hopefully those upgrades will come soon.

3 star Wesley is one of the best early units so keep him if you find him, his advance items are SUPER EASY to get he's level 30 with 100+ Sci already and I haven't even finished episode 2.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think the game is hosed right now. A lot of people aren't levelling up properly (myself included) and my XP bar is gone and I'm stuck at lvl 16. A patch is out on the Play Store but it hasn't been pushed out, so you don't have to have it to log in. I had to go searching for updates before it would even find it. Upon installing, the system I was in was completely pink, I still had no XP bar, and none of my Daily Missions were showing up. I could still collect Faction rewards though, so I guess there's that. Hopefully it will stabilize overnight or something.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

New Leaf posted:

I think the game is hosed right now. A lot of people aren't levelling up properly (myself included) and my XP bar is gone and I'm stuck at lvl 16. A patch is out on the Play Store but it hasn't been pushed out, so you don't have to have it to log in. I had to go searching for updates before it would even find it. Upon installing, the system I was in was completely pink, I still had no XP bar, and none of my Daily Missions were showing up. I could still collect Faction rewards though, so I guess there's that. Hopefully it will stabilize overnight or something.

Same but lvl 11. Also check out the shop, there's a dabo wheel there you can get pulls for from watching ads now. Dabooo!!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

OxMan posted:

Same but lvl 11. Also check out the shop, there's a dabo wheel there you can get pulls for from watching ads now. Dabooo!!!

Have you actually gotten it to work? I get ads but no spins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
The ST game seems like it needed another 3-6 months in testing, it's bugged as hell and not fun. The paywall is very visible right after finishing chapter 1 as well. Why can't Star Trek ever have nice things :negative: