Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Otisburg posted:

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Red Ace" (29)
R2-D2 (4)
Comm Relay (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Kyle Katarn (21)
Moldy Crow (3)

Total: 99

Is a cheap turret going to do more work for me than the Crow title?

You're gonna want the stress hog, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

guts and bolts posted:

You're gonna want the stress hog, I think.

Nah. I'll put a Fun Cop in another build.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm about 11 games in with Omega Leader in various lists. The honeymoon period is over.

And I'm still utterly in love. This little guy is amazing. With Juke and Comm relay, he's 26 points of pure pain.

He brings consistent damage and is just as hard--if not harder--to kill than Soontir in a 1 on 1 situation. You're more likely to get a chance to shoot him, but it's gonna do little good if he has a lock on you. I give him favorable odds against just about any ship in the endgame.

I'm like 9-2 with my current O'Leader list, and the two that I lost were entirely my fault.

I think this guy and the TIE Adv. Prototype are really going to open up new possibilities for Imperial list building.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

He seems v. good. What do you take for an EPT?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Otisburg posted:

He seems v. good. What do you take for an EPT?

Juke for EPT, and Comm Relay.

He basically ends up with infinite crack shot against whatever he has target locked.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Juke for EPT, and Comm Relay.

He basically ends up with infinite crack shot against whatever he has target locked.

Oh yeah, duh. That's the whole combo. I'll have to give him a try.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Otisburg posted:

Oh yeah, duh. That's the whole combo. I'll have to give him a try.

I really can't think of a better combo for him.

Omega Leader's per-attack damage is really low, but it's consistent as hell thanks to Juke. You're quite likely to get one damage through on every attack. It really adds up over time.

If you want a similarly-priced mini-ace with offensive ability, look at Zeta Leader or Omega Ace. Both can push out better burst damage than O'Leader, but neither has the survivability.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Why doesn't Laetin A'Shera have an EPT? I want to put juke on you so badly but I can't.

GET IT TOGETHER LAETIN A'SHERA

EDIT: You are an 18 point tie fighter rip off with PS 5, where the hell is your EPT? Howlrunner is fricking 18 points, and you sir are no goddamn howlrunner.

hooman fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 14, 2016

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Anybody got a X Wing podcast that they like? I'd like to occasionally have someone talking about X wangs in the background while I do other things.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hooman posted:

Why doesn't Laetin A'Shera have an EPT? I want to put juke on you so badly but I can't.

GET IT TOGETHER LAETIN A'SHERA

EDIT: You are an 18 point tie fighter rip off with PS 5, where the hell is your EPT? Howlrunner is fricking 18 points, and you sir are no goddamn howlrunner.

Welcome to the Scyk. Pay 14 points for a generic with very few advantages over an academy and then another 2 points for the whole gimmick of the thing.

Unfortunately the gimmick had the potential to be too strong so FFG got very cautious with it.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
My FLGS runs a 60 point tournament on a weeknight once a month. 3 rounds at 60 minutes a piece so you can fit it into an evening without going too late. You have to bring at least 2 ships and only one large base maximum.

I've been contemplating running this list because I think it would be fun.

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Stealth Device (3)

"Dark Curse" (16)
Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 60

Omega Leader just gets better the less ships on the board, he will probably get burnt down early though. I can't think of anything I could fit in 31 points that is going to be better/more fun than dark curse. Not sure if a palp shuttle is better or not. Maybe a slim carnor?

The last 60 point tournament I took a decimator, Vader and gunner with an academy tie. I think there were 8 people total with 2 or 3 soontirs being flown and I didn't get paired against a single one. I got paired against things like a YV + Y-wing or a tie swarm....

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 14, 2016

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Tequila Ranger posted:

Anybody got a X Wing podcast that they like? I'd like to occasionally have someone talking about X wangs in the background while I do other things.

The main three which have been around a while are
NOVA
Scum and Villainy
Heroic 28s Kessel Run

There are a few others out there I haven't listened to that are starting up
Back to Dials (they are right in my backyard but I haven't yet had the time for them)
Mynock Squadron
Cloud City Radio - UK
Squad 201 - Mexico

Listened to but are now defunct
X-Wing Miniatures Podcast - UK
Winging It - Australia

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Tequila Ranger posted:

There aren't any that are particularly insightful.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm about 11 games in with Omega Leader in various lists. The honeymoon period is over.

And I'm still utterly in love. This little guy is amazing. With Juke and Comm relay, he's 26 points of pure pain.

He brings consistent damage and is just as hard--if not harder--to kill than Soontir in a 1 on 1 situation. You're more likely to get a chance to shoot him, but it's gonna do little good if he has a lock on you. I give him favorable odds against just about any ship in the endgame.

I'm like 9-2 with my current O'Leader list, and the two that I lost were entirely my fault.

I think this guy and the TIE Adv. Prototype are really going to open up new possibilities for Imperial list building.

I ended up playing the Youngster, Scourge, Wampa, Howlrunner, Omega Leader list i posted yesterday and proceeded to turn Bottom Liner's YV-666 + Firespray list into a parking lot for many turns and won as a result

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

ConfusedUs posted:

Who are you flying with Omega? I've tried him with Vader and Soontir and liked it (basically using Soontir as bait to raw fire while the other two go for the kill), but I was wondering how he would do with a mini-swarm.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

imperialparadox posted:

Who are you flying with Omega? I've tried him with Vader and Soontir and liked it (basically using Soontir as bait to raw fire while the other two go for the kill), but I was wondering how he would do with a mini-swarm.

Youngster
+Marksmanship

Scourge

Wampa

Howlrunner
+Swarm Tactics (fixes pilot skill order of scourge/wampa combo)

Omega Leader
Comm Relay + Juke + Stealth Device

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I can't work out much synergy between the YV-666 and the Firespray. I've been having some good success with the YV-666 and some Z-95's but I'm interested in mixing it up a bit. Anyone had much success with the 2 large ships?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Aramoro posted:

I can't work out much synergy between the YV-666 and the Firespray. I've been having some good success with the YV-666 and some Z-95's but I'm interested in mixing it up a bit. Anyone had much success with the 2 large ships?

Man I am ALL OVER this thread today. Bottom Liner played a grim list yesterday with both of them using Zuckuss and 4-LOM. I will pester him to post it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Here's the list I ran:

quote:

Moralo Eval (34)
Tractor Beam (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
4-LOM (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Zuckuss (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Boba Fett (Scum) (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Proximity Mines (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Glitterstim (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I've never flown big ships, so I wanted to try them and all the new toys. Zuckuss and 4-LOM were the absolute stars, completely screwing Deviant's defense dice all night. The YV doesn't care about stress and ion anyways, so the plan is to get in position and just sit or move at 1 straight for a while after getting some big hits in. I didn't get a chance to use the Tractor Beam last night though. K4 into Cluster with Zuck and 4-LOM is basically a big gently caress you to someone in the first round of firing.

Boba on the other hand, was absolutely useless, mostly because of my stupidity. I parked him right in the middle of the Tie swarm but forgot to use his reroll ability all drat game so he was out before I really did much with him. All those empty green dice would have looked a lot different with 3-4 rerolls :suicide: Aside from that, I'll probably switch out the Mangler on Boba for something else, maybe another bomb or two with the title.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 14, 2016

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Here's the list I ran:

I've never flown big ships, so I wanted to try them and all the new toys. Zuckuss and 4-LOM were the absolute stars, completely screwing Deviant's defense dice all night. The YV doesn't care about stress and ion anyways, so the plan is to get in position and just sit or move at 1 straight for a while after getting some big hits in. I didn't get a chance to use the Tractor Beam last night though. K4 into Cluster with Zuck and 4-LOM is basically a big gently caress you to someone in the first round of firing.

Boba on the other hand, was absolutely useless, mostly because of my stupidity. I parked him right in the middle of the Tie swarm but forgot to use his reroll ability all drat game so he was out before I really did much with him. All those empty green dice would have looked a lot different with 3-4 rerolls :suicide: Aside from that, I'll probably switch out the Mangler on Boba for something else, maybe another bomb or two with the title.

Ah cool, I've not considered Moralo Eval yet, I've been playing a lot of vanilla slaver or Latts Razi but that looks pretty fun. 4-LOM and Zuck seem absolutely brutal. I didn't think I would ever not use Bossk and a Gunner but that may change now.

I really like the idea of using APT with Glitterstim for a Big Bang, so I might try that dropping the Mangler and Siesmic Charges.

I've always been opposed to most secondary weapons because they tend to be limited use and no range bonuses but about time I got used to using them.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Speaking of Boba Fett, I'm having a heck of a time finding Most Wanted so I can get those Scum cards (and the YZZ!)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

Speaking of Boba Fett, I'm having a heck of a time finding Most Wanted so I can get those Scum cards (and the YZZ!)

Our local games shop just got some Most Wanted sets in, so supplier have it somewhere.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Aramoro posted:

Our local games shop just got some Most Wanted sets in, so supplier have it somewhere.

Hmm, maybe I better make another pass through the various FLGS here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I see them all the time at Barnes & Noble.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

So this is probably a dumb loving idea, but apparently one of my local stores is having a tournament on the 23rd. I got the core set for Christmas and bought a bunch more stuff. I've played some "learn how to play the game" games with my family but really I don't know much about it. I'm thinking of entering just to have some fun with plastic spaceships. I fully expect to get trashed so I'm not really worried about putting together a pro list or anything.

Anyway, given that I have a theoretical familiarity with the rules (I poured over the manuals for fun because I am a nerd) and a bunch of plastic starships, is it insane to want to play my first "real" game in a tournament? Will I just gum up the works?

From reading the thread, I think I have enough sets to actually have a fun list, even if it's not perfect (and again, I have no expectations whatsoever of victory). I bought a bunch of ships mostly because Star Wars models are cool and fun, and I'm trying to find people to play with so that I can justify more plastic. Here's what I have:

- OT Core Set
- TFA Core Set
- X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing individual boxes
- Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, Tie Advanced individual boxes
- Rebel Aces
- Imperial Aces
- Millenium Falcon
- Lambda-Class Shuttle

I just think the Empire is cool, so I guess I'd prefer to fly Empire, but I think it's probably wisest to play whatever would be easy for a new player to manage.

Would I need to prepare a Rebel and an Imperial list for the tourney? Is it save to just dive in headfirst or should I really seek some more experience? If you could recommend one ship to get that would really push me into a cool and good list, what would it be (I'm guessing the Star Viper for authothrusters)? I'm tempted to just flat out order a Gozanti anyway because the thing owns bones.

(Also, this is in the Philly area, if there's any Philly goons that play X-Wings)

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 14, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

JerikTelorian posted:

So this is probably a dumb loving idea, but apparently one of my local stores is having a tournament on the 23rd. I got the core set for Christmas and bought a bunch more stuff. I've played some "learn how to play the game" games with my family but really I don't know much about it. I'm thinking of entering just to have some fun with plastic spaceships. I fully expect to get trashed so I'm not really worried about putting together a pro list or anything.

Anyway, given that I have a theoretical familiarity with the rules (I poured over the manuals for fun because I am a nerd) and a bunch of plastic starships, is it insane to want to play my first "real" game in a tournament? Will I just gum up the works?

From reading the thread, I think I have enough sets to actually have a fun list, even if it's not perfect (and again, I have no expectations whatsoever of victory). I bought a bunch of ships mostly because Star Wars models are cool and fun, and I'm trying to find people to play with so that I can justify more plastic. Here's what I have:

- OT Core Set
- TFA Core Set
- Rebel Aces
- Imperial Aces
- Millenium Falcon
- Lambda-Class Shuttle

I just think the Empire is cool, so I guess I'd prefer to fly Empire, but I think it's probably wisest to play whatever would be easy for a new player to manage.

Would I need to prepare a Rebel and an Imperial list for the tourney? Is it save to just dive in headfirst or should I really seek some more experience? If you could recommend one ship to get that would really push me into a cool and good list, what would it be (I'm guessing the Star Viper for authothrusters)? I'm tempted to just flat out order a Gozanti anyway because the thing owns bones.

(Also, this is in the Philly area, if there'a any Philly goons that play X-Wings)

I don't think this is dumb at all. You will learn a lot. Just explain to your opponent "hey I'm new, so if I screw up a rule, just let me know." The people I've played in my area have all been nice. If someone gets pissy about your newness, that's their problem, not yours.

Unless it's stipulated for the tournament that you need both lists, you will only need 1 list, rebel, imperial, or scum, and if you get matched up against the same faction you just play it out.

You already have a lot of good competitive ships, I think, esp. with Imp Aces and TIE Fighter. For myself, as a beginner, I still prefer to fly 2-3 ship lists. So, mostly that's Soontir Fel with other assorted aces. I don't personally like the Lambda shuttle very much, but you can run that, Fel, and Vader, and have some fun, I think.

e: Oh, and if you are looking at getting an epic ship, the Gozanti is cool, but it's geared towards swarms. I picked up an Imperial Raider, which has stacks of stuff to make TIE Advanced really good, and it comes with a TIE Advanced. It is more expensive, though, I think, but you might be able to find it cheaper online.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 14, 2016

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Otisburg posted:

Nah. I'll put a Fun Cop in another build.

If you're already running two Rebel aces with regeneration, you have become the Fun Cops. :colbert: What's another Y-Wing on the fire?

In seriousness, I'm having problems liking the HWK-290 in anything other than gimmick lists for Rebels, or flown by anyone other than Palob Scum-side. The dial is a tremendous liability, and the HWK needs points to see any efficacy at all on the table. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but if there's one thing I've definitely discovered about X-Wing it's that theoretically fun stuff only remains fun if it "works," no matter how poorly. As constructed that list is paying 26 points for an extra Focus token on a Resistance ace some, maybe even most, of the time. I'm not sure if it will make it to the practical stages of having fun.

JerikTelorian posted:

So this is probably a dumb loving idea[...]

I went to the local store championship within my first two weeks of playing live games, and while I made some idiotic mistakes that cost me games, I'm too competitive anyway. If you genuinely don't care about winning or losing, then there's really no reason not to play every available game of Wangs you can, so I don't think it's a terrible idea. That said, lots of people claim to not care about winning or that they're able to deal with loads of losing, but it doesn't hold up? I'm not saying this is you; what I'm saying is that X-Wing is a game where you're really unlikely to "steal a win" from someone who is better and more experienced than you, complaints about dice aside. The guys I've played with have generally been really cool, but I don't know if that's the exception or the rule, so keep in mind that if you're playing at a ~tournament~ there will probably be a stark motivating difference between you and your opponent (one of you will be trying to learn, one of you will be trying to win). If rounds are timed that could compound things as your opponent might try to rush you along, politely or not.

A lot of it depends on the crowd. The general consensus seems to be that X-Wing players are largely chill and nice, which is good! But my better half is new to X-Wing herself and had two specific matches at the store championship that were really rough, due to impolite people and the difference in what she was trying to do versus what they were trying to do.

This was also intended to be a sort of worst-case summary of what could happen, so that if it does you aren't bummed out. It's totally possible, maybe even probable, that none of this comes up at all! Just go in, have fun, and make no excuses nor apologies about being new. If they rules-stickler you, learn from the experience and move on.

Regarding your stuff: with a TFA Core and a TIE Interceptor blister, you have access to two of the best aces in the game (Poe and Soontir). You're missing Autothrusters and Stealth Device, upgrade-wise, which makes Soontir a less attractive option than he already was - Soontir Fel is a very binary ace who requires a pretty specific set of upgrades to succeed, and beyond that walks a razor's edge between "invincible" and "dead" that will either be fun or frustrating, depending on your point of view. I personally would not have liked flying Soontir Fel in my first few games, but you could be different.

Keyan Farlander and Jake Farrell are also fun and useful. Han Solo is awesome and I will brook no disagreement about it. You've got Vader in there and he's scary. The Shuttle is put in plenty of lists. If you prefer Empire, you should run the Empire! I think maaaybe you have some slightly better stuff for the Rebellion, but I'm also biased.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Good loving lord you guys Tractor beams are loving EVIL.

I retried my list with Vessery/VI/TIED/Tractor Beam/TIEMk2, Redline/FCS/Chimps/Extra Munitions/Cluster Missiles/Ion Torpedoes, TIE Shuttle/Fleet Officer/Tactician/TIEMk2 yesterday in light of the new rules.

Owned. Owned owned owned.

Over the course of the evening I:
- Dumped several opponents on rocks, and dumped one in a position where it ALMOST fell off the board.
- Could have BR-ed one off the board if it had been legal
- Dragged a TLT Y wing so my 1 health Redline was in its donut hole and didn't get shot at (at the time he had also bumped the B Wing and donut holed Dash so he didn't get shot at all that round)
- Pushed Soontir into Redline's Cluster missile
- Dragged Vader out from behind a rock
- Repeatedly left y-wings and b-wings with 0 defence dice.
- Pushed someone into Tactician range of the Bomber.
- Repeatedly pulled people into R1 of Vessery's pprimary.

I wish I'd tried out Deathrain just so that I could do 'drag opponents onto bombs'.

Opponents were a named-TIE Swarm, non-super Dash with a B-wing and TLT y-wing, and Soontir/Carnor/Vader. And TBF, my dice were hot all evening, and I managed not to screw up anywhere which was a probelm in several previous games with this list.

If there is a TIE/D on the board, *particularly if it's Vessery*, DO NOT GET IN HIS ARC. KILL HIM. KILL HIM QUICK.

The list as a whole is very solid, there's really not an obvious first target, and I think it will get even better when I swap V's TIE Mk2 and the Tactician for Mara Jade, since the bomber got all of maybe 4 shots in 3 games yesterday, and only 2 of those were at range 2 I think, but spent a LOT of time in range 1 scrums. It does take a bit of careful flying to keep the arcs crossed appropriately, though. It's also pretty resilient to stress and bumps, since both aces pick up TLs without actions, and the bomber lets them focus without usign their actions either, so it can be unpredictable.

Tractor beams rule, when is Imperial Veterans out again?

So. Pumped.

I think it bears mentioning: I don't think it's overpowered, despite who I won against - it's just that forced movement is going to have a huge impact on the established meta; it'll quickly find a new level, but much like any competitive list needs to cope with a possible Soontir, or with TLTs, I think we'll quickly find that lists and players will need to adapt their game to the idea that where they end their movement, might not be where they end up...

(Copypasta from the same post on FFG forums :effort:)

E: and crucially, I was 3 for 3 wins for the night, one of which was against our resident expert player who hasn't lost a match since August. I lost no loving ships.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The more I think about it, the more tractor beams leave a bad taste in my mouth. Ion is one thing, but being able to literally drag your opponent's ships all over the board onto rocks and bombs seems downright mean. Not to mention horribly overpowered at only one point compared to ion at three.

I'm not convinced it isn't going to be changed.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
We'll see I guess. I think forced movement adds really interesting tactics and strategy to the game.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Endman posted:

The more I think about it, the more tractor beams leave a bad taste in my mouth. Ion is one thing, but being able to literally drag your opponent's ships all over the board onto rocks and bombs seems downright mean. Not to mention horribly overpowered at only one point compared to ion at three.

With most ships you're literally giving up your entire combat phase to tractor them. The tractor beam itself does no damage unless you can drag them through a rock for a single red die. It's really powerful on a TIE/D, I'll grant you that, but there's it's effectively costing you 3 points since you're also giving up the TIE/X7 title. And, to be honest, Defenders did need a big boost.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

JerikTelorian posted:

- OT Core Set
- TFA Core Set
- Rebel Aces
- Imperial Aces
- Millenium Falcon
- Lambda-Class Shuttle

(Also, this is in the Philly area, if there's any Philly goons that play X-Wings)

Go for it. I did my first tournament after two demo's, bought two starters and a defender and went hog wild. I had a blast and learned a ton. Fly casual mang

And I'm so getting two G1-a's and a couple of those new Ties.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah, I wish it had only been a forced boost (but in either 3 options) rather than barrel roll. I can see in a heated competitive environment that you'll probably have to let your opponent execute the broll using your ship and given the fudging that already happens with broll it's not a situation that inspires "fly casual".

Edit: in response to Endman

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Endman posted:

They really should have just been range 1. In the fluff they are very short range. A 1 point 3 range secondary weapon that gets another shot against - 1 defense die is a little much. We'll see how it shakes out.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Endman posted:

The only ships that are going to be able to use the Tractor Beam without giving up their entire attack are the BLT Y-Wing and the TIE Defender. I don't think it'll be a big issue.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tequila Ranger posted:

The only one that's sort of listenable is the Scum and villainy one, and even that has some extremely cringy aspects to it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Geisladisk posted:

The only ships that are going to be able to use the Tractor Beam without giving up their entire attack are the BLT Y-Wing and the TIE Defender. I don't think it'll be a big issue.

It's a cannon isn't it so no y-wings

Also the issue with it isnt so much giving up your shot but denying the other guy his. I'd gladly sacrifice one ships shot to make sure Corran horn never goes anywhere near an asteroid the entire game. It's a huge area denial weapon for that reason.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 14, 2016

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
I'd rather take a 3-dice shot with a firespray than waste it on tractor -in theory-. Situation on the board would have to be pretty perfect to waste a shot -and- have the opportunity to miss with that tractor. I've been building lists with a couple of m3a's though. But the cost of those things is still too high.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Re: podcasts, I've listened to most of the episodes of Back to Dials and found them to be pretty fun without being overly obnoxious. Nothing earth shattering or whatever but it's the only one I'd recommend to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've yet to listen to an X-Wing centric podcast that didn't make me want to stop listening to it after 2 or 3 episodes.

I get all stoked going into them because I love reading you guys here muse about the game endlessly and I dig reading about builds and strategy. Then I get a couple of podcasts into whatever show and I cannot for the life of me stand hearing someone mouth breath while they prattle on about their weekend or about some WAAC list while mispronouncing pilot names.

More often than not it's like listening to the FFG forums read out loud.

• Locked thread