Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe he has more than one pair of shades.

Not clothes mind you, this is a shounen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The strawhats actually have had new outfits for every arc since the timeskip. I guess 2 years off gave them time to go shopping.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Everyone but Luffy's been doing that since Skypeia, to be fair. And even he changes his sleeveless shirts, it's just easy to forget since it's a black and white comic.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
You guys obviously don't remember Luffy's special shorts with the extra meat pockets from Enies Lobby

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Sub Harrison posted:

The strawhats actually have had new outfits for every arc since the timeskip. I guess 2 years off gave them time to go shopping.

Well pre-time skip most of them just wore the same outfit for two months or so. We've all been there.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Everyone but Luffy's been doing that since Skypeia, to be fair. And even he changes his sleeveless shirts, it's just easy to forget since it's a black and white comic.

Luffy gets a different shirt and shorts regularly as well. I know in Enis Lobby his shorts are black instead of blue.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Now that I think about it, does anyone else find it weird that Ace didn't use the Color of Armament Haki to block Akainu's magma fist on his body back at Marineford? It's shown Ace could use Haki (even Conqueror's Haki) as a young kid, so why not use it when it really mattered?

I could rationalize it as Akainu having plain stronger Haki (all Vice-Admirals and above can use Haki, even if we the viewer couldn't "see" Haki visually pre-timeskip) and also being too quick for Ace to have time to react properly other than simply body-blocking the magma fist. :shrug:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Now that I think about it, does anyone else find it weird that Ace didn't use the Color of Armament Haki to block Akainu's magma fist on his body back at Marineford? It's shown Ace could use Haki (even Conqueror's Haki) as a young kid, so why not use it when it really mattered?

I could rationalize it as Akainu having plain stronger Haki (all Vice-Admirals and above can use Haki, even if we the viewer couldn't "see" Haki visually pre-timeskip) and also being too quick for Ace to have time to react properly other than simply body-blocking the magma fist. :shrug:

I think that second thing is exactly what happens. It's even set up when Akainu even makes a point earlier that some peope he's fighting's Armament isn't good enough to counter his.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Just because Ace had Color of the Conqueror doesn't mean he had Color of Armaments.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate haki. I wish it would die.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hockey is cool though. Hockey forever.

Just use hockey from now, Luffy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Color of slap shot

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The real cause of Roger's death was concussion's haki

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The real reason is that Oda hadn't thought of just having someone's limbs/weapons turn black instead of having someone exposition the fact that they're using Haki. Since post-timeskip Luffy/Zoro have the black stuff along with even guys like Bellamy and Whitebeard or any of his commanders never used it.

But I guess the actual in story explanation is that he might not have been proficient enough for it to show.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shinjobi posted:

Hockey is cool though. Hockey forever.

Just use hockey from now, Luffy.

I'm all about this post

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

One Puck is the spinoff we deserve.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Green Intern posted:

One Puck is the spinoff we deserve.

I would pay so much for that

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is there such a thing as a hockey manga? I've read football, soccer, volleyball, boxing, baseball and basketball manga's, but never hockey.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Is there such a thing as a hockey manga? I've read football, soccer, volleyball, boxing, baseball and basketball manga's, but never hockey.

It would be so easy. There's already checking and fights in game. The drama is there. Throw in a girl pretending to be a guy and you've got a manga. Also haki slapshots

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RC Cola posted:

It would be so easy. There's already checking and fights in game. The drama is there. Throw in a girl pretending to be a guy and you've got a manga. Also haki slapshots

Google brings me to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Heavenly_Hockey_Club

loving shoujo hockey manga. I must read it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

RC Cola posted:

I would pay so much for that

All I want is Zoro using three hockey sticks at once.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Last Celebration posted:

But I guess the actual in story explanation is that he might not have been proficient enough for it to show.

Yeah, I think it wasn't shown before because Luffy wasn't able to perceive Haki, like with Mantra and Enel and Sentomaru on Shabondy.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Yeah but whose haki is stronger: Luffy or Goku??

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Google brings me to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Heavenly_Hockey_Club

loving shoujo hockey manga. I must read it.

Let us know how it is.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
While you're still waiting for the next One Piece chapter to drop, please enjoy this Aokiji-themed chillwave video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rp7zSW1Oc :okpos:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

While you're still waiting for the next One Piece chapter to drop, please enjoy this Aokiji-themed chillwave video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rp7zSW1Oc :okpos:

lmbo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chinese scans for the new chapter are out!

God drat they're good at cleaning up scans.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Just once I want the Japanese scans to leak first. Just once.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Just once I want the Japanese scans to leak first. Just once.

That's highly unlikely in this day and age.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also probably risky as hell, even moreso than uploading translated scans.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

So the thread was generally right about Sanji having some sort of heritage. Don't think we could of predicted a wedding though.

Is Luffy going to crash a wedding? :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SANJI DROPPED HIS CIGAR.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So uh, is this the highest bounty we've seen so far? I know that translation can sometimes be a bit iffy with multiples of ten, so I want to make sure.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

So uh, is this the highest bounty we've seen so far? I know that translation can sometimes be a bit iffy with multiples of ten, so I want to make sure.

They probably meant 300,000,000, but I don't speak Chinese so I'm not positive.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Big mom is also royalty. Well thats a twist.

After 10 years of chomping and lighting the same cig he finally drops it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Poor Pekoms :(

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I guess that "Here lies Sanji, he never scored" picture is about to be outdated... poor guy.

Big Mom wanting to get married is another point towards her being Lola's mom however, as Lola was also obsessed with finding a husband (but would that make her royalty to?)

gently caress yeah Bege Capone is back!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Scratchman Apoo posted:

They probably meant 300,000,000, but I don't speak Chinese so I'm not positive.

No way Capone has a higher bounty than Jack, Luffy, Ace, Law, and Doffy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Capone a logia somehow? Seems like he just oozed in when he showed up at the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Capone a logia somehow? Seems like he just oozed in when he showed up at the table.

It seems more like he can make a copy of himself in his body. We see his stationary body standing around as he and Sanji discuss business.