Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

Ugh, fiiiiiine

Hope you enjoy the latter episodes!

Because seriously it's like season 1 of DBZA, only with a much better upswing in quality.

Like if season 1 of DBZA's second half was chunks of Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

:chloe:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
FF7 Abridged isn't awful but I just want the next Hellsing already

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dangerous Person posted:

FF7 Abridged isn't awful but I just want the next Hellsing already

I know they said by around December but that past already. Still I do await patiently.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
FF7A is worth it just for the scene with Barrett and Red in prison

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Since we're kinda sorta talking about FF7: why the gently caress is it the most popular RPG ever and yet nobody can seem to properly remember the actual personalities people had?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

Since we're kinda sorta talking about FF7: why the gently caress is it the most popular RPG ever and yet nobody can seem to properly remember the actual personalities people had?

The basic answer is that it is a combination of it having an infamously bad translation, a lot of people playing it when they were 12 , and it being one of the earliest big 'internet popular' games so people tended to repeat stuff they heard and it kind of took hold.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Augus posted:

well, most people that talk about it played the game once in like 1998 and then never again so what do you expect

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Augus posted:

Decades of fanfiction.

I don't even mean that as a joke.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Augus posted:

because it's 18 years old

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

Not many people actually played it all the way through. I doubt many people even know Aeris dies before Disc 2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

When I first saw my friend playing FF7 in the late 90's, I thought Cloud was a Super Saiyan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That;s Zidane

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm fine with Goku and Vegeta being stronger than Gohan, but I really want him to follow Piccolo's example and be the smart fighter

I'd love to see him bluff an energy blast and sucker punch his opponent with a regular old fist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he should grow giant like piccolo did

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah, more Hellzone Grenade style attacks and misdirections would be totally cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

Well, the same thing goes to Dragon Ball. I mean, some people remember Future Trunks as competent, or Vegeta as stoic.

Childhood memories are very, very unreliable, and people tend to be unwilling to check if they're true or not.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when's the last time piccolo won a fight?

unless you're including the garlick jr filler arc (I can't remember anything about that at all), all I can think of is raditz (and goku technically) and some saibamen. I guess you might count imperfect cell or android 20 running away as a win

if you think about it that way, gohan is following uncle piccolo's example way better than goku's

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Gohan will win the long game. He will teach the whole world how to use ki in his term paper and the entire world will begin training it. Mankind will grow an army of powerful warriors who will seek the tutelage of the Z-Fighters and be stronger than the Sayians of planet Vegeta.

Simultaneously, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks will reproduce with humans until all humans are part-sayian. Super sayians will be the norm!

In the end, humans will become so powerful and feared not even the gods of destruction could stand up to their combined might.

Gohan is the true hero of Dragonball!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Covok posted:

In the end, humans will become so powerful and feared not even the gods of destruction could stand up to their combined might.
Unfortunately, considering that DB kinda shows that numbers don't mean squat compared to your fighting ability, I don't think this part of the plan will work.

Everything but that is aces though.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He will teach them to use the Kienzan and Kaio-Ken at the same time, thus obliterating all threats to Earth basically instantly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dragon Ball Online had a hell of a backstory

I wonder if it's still going to be canon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Augus posted:

The dark and serious spinoffs, tifas huge baps.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kelp Plankton posted:

Dragon Ball Online had a hell of a backstory

I wonder if it's still going to be canon

I think most of that stuff will keep being folded into new games since it gives them a lot of new material to work with

Which is good because it will make it actually interesting to progress through the story mode of a DBZ game for once

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How dare you say it's not interesting to fight Raditz, Nappa and the Saibamen, Vegeta, Vegeta, Zarbon, three or so Ginyu force fights, Goku, Frieza, Frieza, 100% Frieza, 20, 19, 18, 17, Cell, Cell, Super Perfect Cell, Dabura, Buu, Buu, Vegeta, Buu, and Buu?

Well that's just silly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It'd be interesting to have a game like Heroes, but not card game-based. Just, going entirely wild with the story and doing whatever it pleases. Like Heroes!

By the way, new Heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC_gDQNIf3s

Hatchiyack's thumbs-up at Baby will never not make me laugh. This is more personality than he showed in his own special.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Time Patrol Goten still doesn't make sense. Or at least how buddy-buddy he is with TP Trunks.

E: Oh God, he's the fighter Trunks wished for in Xenoverse!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don't mind Super's animation for the most part, and I realize a two minute promo clip isn't the same amount of work as a 22 minute episode every week, but drat if I wouldn't love it if Super's animation looked like that clip. All of the game intro scenes and what not are so well animated and they're probably what make people remember DBZ's animation as being better than it was.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rudoku posted:

Time Patrol Goten still doesn't make sense. Or at least how buddy-buddy he is with TP Trunks.

Maybe this version of Goten is from a world where Vegeta never got revived, so Goten never got to grow up with his best friend.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rudoku posted:

I am typically totally down for Heroes craziness but this is just TOO MUCH. Trunks wouldn't even know Goten! This is madness and I want my money back.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Maybe this version of Goten is from a world where Vegeta never got revived, so Goten never got to grow up with his best friend.

time patrol trunks is just future trunks with a new jacket, so it'd be the other way around

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Covok posted:

Twiddy posted:

Unfortunately, considering that DB kinda shows that numbers don't mean squat compared to your fighting ability, I don't think this part of the plan will work.

Everything but that is aces though.

When I think of "combined might", I'm thinking Spirit Bomb. And considering a regular human energy combined Spirit Bomb was enough to take down Kid Buu, a super-powered human combined Spirit Bomb just might be enough to take down a god of destruction.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reinanigans posted:

I don't mind Super's animation for the most part, and I realize a two minute promo clip isn't the same amount of work as a 22 minute episode every week, but drat if I wouldn't love it if Super's animation looked like that clip. All of the game intro scenes and what not are so well animated and they're probably what make people remember DBZ's animation as being better than it was.

Uh, the animation in that clip that was posted wasn't all that great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do we know for a fact that TP Trunks is the exact same Trunks from the original timeline? I mean, we have four timelines in our main universe and 12 universes total, so the TP Trunks in Heroes could be a totally different Trunks from the TP Trunks in Xenoverse and a different Trunks from Future Trunks.

I'm fine with TP Goten existing, because it means TP Gotenks exists and that's awesome.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Do we know for a fact that TP Trunks is the exact same Trunks from the original timeline?

yes. He was forced into the Time Patrol for using his time machine.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Some Numbers posted:

Do we know for a fact that TP Trunks is the exact same Trunks from the original timeline?

In Xenoverse, when they start messing with Future Trunks' timeline, it threatens to erase TP Trunks from existence BttF style.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kild posted:

yes. He was forced into the Time Patrol for using his time machine.

Time Patrol Cell confirmed for Heroes

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

dr.acula posted:

Unironically this. Please.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

dr.acula posted:

Xenoverse 2 is actually an unlikely-buddy-cop movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Augus posted:

Uh, the animation in that clip that was posted wasn't all that great.

Hmm...maybe art style was more appropriate than animation.

• Locked thread