Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

CLAM DOWN posted:

again, there's a middle ground between posters and anime vs a serial killer empty desk. At the very least I'd expect some stationary, maybe a few sticky notes, a coffee mug or water bottle, like jesus man it's not rocket science

You either with us or against us! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Moey posted:

Just because you are a slob and cover your desk in anime figurines, doesn't mean everyone else has to.

My company has a free seating / clean desk policy and none of the desks are as clean as the one in that picture.

I wish I could have some sort of personal poo poo on my desk though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

"i prefer minimalism when it comes to my desk" -a literal sociopath, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

my desk is a mess of various thinclients, switches, keyboards, mice and sticky notes/notepads. It's sad, I need to clean this dump.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

CLAM DOWN posted:

again, there's a middle ground between posters and anime vs a serial killer empty desk. At the very least I'd expect some stationary, maybe a few sticky notes, a coffee mug or water bottle, like jesus man it's not rocket science

Stationary? Computer.
Sticky Notes? Computer.

There is a coaster for a drink.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I wish I could keep my desk that clean, I've got 2 monitors for the desktop, a laptop on the side. Headphones, speakers, water glass and god knows how many usb devices(iphone/droid/ipad/bb-8/usb drive) plugged into poo poo.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Calm Down seems to be getting a little sensitive about his slob lifestyle.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

:allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Moey posted:

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Calm Down seems to be getting a little sensitive about his slob lifestyle.

Lol you must be a millenial

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol you must be a millenial

Yeah, and you are 40 and living in your mom's basement?

Edit: This is pointless. Some people like an empty desk, some people like stuff on their desk. It's a personal preference. Sorry for the derail.

Moey fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 14, 2016

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Guys chill out. No need to act like end users in this thread :downs:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I have a 23" 16:9 Inspirion One as my main monitor and a 21:9 29" screen as my second. 2560x1080 connected with VGA because that's the only output this Inspiron has. :shepface:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

27" and 24" :c00lbert:

I have no idea how to arrange all this monitor space

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

At Home - 24" and 30"
At Work - 2x24" and 15" Laptop

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Evidently its this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSW9QTBAlw

In other news, during my yearly interview I was given the goal of taking a 2 year management training course so I can run my own team. :toot:

(granted, I've been in a director role before, but all my management has been OJT, I have 0 schooling at all past what I did in the Navy, so this is pretty sweet)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Guess I'm part of the sociopath club. My desk is clean mostly because I'm only in the office like one day a week.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I weep for all those that choose to live in clutter.

dox
Mar 4, 2006
I have a colleague who is placed full-time at a law firm- I have to fill in for him when he is out.

He has an Outlook 97 and Excel 2000 book on his shelf. His desk/shelf hasn't been cleaned out in 19 years. I lean towards thinking he has checked out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So I am sure those of you with WGU emails have been wondering why you have been getting weird emails in the past 30 minutes. It appears someone made a root domain level distro available for anyone to use. Someone emailed it on accident and then reply all happened over and over again.

Loved this gem:

quote:

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:41 PM
To: Christy Chitwood-McKinnon
Cc: g_domain_users; acoffm2
Subject: Re: Cohort Chat

Hey Shitwood,
Good job using the reply all. LOL
On Jan 14, 2016 2:38 PM, "Christy Chitwood-McKinnon" <cchitw1@my.wgu.edu> wrote:
I don't think so

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM, acoffm2 <acoffm2@wgu.edu> wrote:
Is this the cohort group extra chat??

--
Christy Chitwood-McKinnon
MS Educational Leadership, January 2016
317-294-2980 Eastern
cchitw1@wgu.edu

Its amazing. :allears:

I am also not going to edit out the contact info, they deserve it.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Sickening posted:

So I am sure those of you with WGU emails have been wondering why you have been getting weird emails in the past 30 minutes. It appears someone made a root domain level distro available for anyone to use. Someone emailed it on accident and then reply all happened over and over again.

Loved this gem:

I was wondering what happened there. I had a little chuckle at "shitwood".

Desk talk: I've never before wished I was a sociopath but here it is. Oh but to have a desk that clean for more than 10 minutes due to "I'll put that away later"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sickening posted:

Loved this gem:

Bedlam DL3

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CLAM DOWN posted:

"i prefer minimalism when it comes to my desk" -a literal sociopath, 2016
I like the rear VESA mount to keep the monitor stands off the desk so absolutely nothing can sit on the desk instead

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Please, feel free to critique my work desk as well. :allears:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm always worried about posting my desk and a coworker recognizes it.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

devmd01 posted:

You have a personal picture, clearly not a sociopath.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

devmd01 posted:

nice cube farm

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
Recruiter hell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dual U2412m for my guys at work because 16:10 is God's Own Resolution

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

go3 posted:

dual U2412m for my guys at work because 16:10 is God's Own Resolution

16:10 is an aspect ration, not a resolution. But yes, it is the best.

At work I am running a 25" 2560x1440 monitor, with my 13" 1920x1080 laptop on the side.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dark Helmut posted:

Recruiter hell.

Nice sailor hat

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nice sailor hat

Yacht Rock-themed party next Friday at our annual company meetup. I'm actually growing a mustache for this poo poo...

MF_James posted:

You should take a picture of said mustache for our viewing pleasure, just zoom in so we can't see the rest of your goony face!

E: It's actually in the form of a beard right now, but I will next week.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Dark Helmut fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 14, 2016

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Hey DickTrauma whatever happened with the last psychopath building manager you were working with?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dark Helmut posted:

Yacht Rock-themed party next Friday at our annual company meetup. I'm actually growing a mustache for this poo poo...

You should take a picture of said mustache for our viewing pleasure, just zoom in so we can't see the rest of your goony face!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Am I a sociopath? :ohdear:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I can't post a picture of my desk so just picture a homely environment garnished with a smug sense of superiority surrounded by 19 27" 4k LCDs

CloFan posted:

Nope you're good

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CloFan posted:

Coffee cup in improper right hand position. You can't move your mouse and drink at the same time.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Home Office?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dark Helmut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMTI8vg7A5U

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im a sociopath but it has nothing to do with my desk and everything to do with my value of other people as resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Main HVAC unit being replaced for server room (old and nearing failure, basically). Backup unit scooting along fine, new main unit not working after install. Backup unit suddenly fails (no indication of failure and it's less than two years old).

:ohdear:

Turned off most of everything (that I can) and HVAC guy is here still scratching his head (along with two techs from the actual company that sold us the unit). It's been a long day and I dunno if it's gonna end anytime soon.