  • Post
Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

CLAM DOWN posted:

again, there's a middle ground between posters and anime vs a serial killer empty desk. At the very least I'd expect some stationary, maybe a few sticky notes, a coffee mug or water bottle, like jesus man it's not rocket science

You either with us or against us! :argh:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Moey posted:

Just because you are a slob and cover your desk in anime figurines, doesn't mean everyone else has to.

My company has a free seating / clean desk policy and none of the desks are as clean as the one in that picture.

I wish I could have some sort of personal poo poo on my desk though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

"i prefer minimalism when it comes to my desk" -a literal sociopath, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

my desk is a mess of various thinclients, switches, keyboards, mice and sticky notes/notepads. It's sad, I need to clean this dump.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

CLAM DOWN posted:

again, there's a middle ground between posters and anime vs a serial killer empty desk. At the very least I'd expect some stationary, maybe a few sticky notes, a coffee mug or water bottle, like jesus man it's not rocket science

Stationary? Computer.
Sticky Notes? Computer.

There is a coaster for a drink.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I wish I could keep my desk that clean, I've got 2 monitors for the desktop, a laptop on the side. Headphones, speakers, water glass and god knows how many usb devices(iphone/droid/ipad/bb-8/usb drive) plugged into poo poo.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Calm Down seems to be getting a little sensitive about his slob lifestyle.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

:allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Moey posted:

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Calm Down seems to be getting a little sensitive about his slob lifestyle.

Lol you must be a millenial

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol you must be a millenial

Yeah, and you are 40 and living in your mom's basement?

Edit: This is pointless. Some people like an empty desk, some people like stuff on their desk. It's a personal preference. Sorry for the derail.

Moey fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 14, 2016

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Guys chill out. No need to act like end users in this thread :downs:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I have a 23" 16:9 Inspirion One as my main monitor and a 21:9 29" screen as my second. 2560x1080 connected with VGA because that's the only output this Inspiron has. :shepface:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

27" and 24" :c00lbert:

I have no idea how to arrange all this monitor space

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

At Home - 24" and 30"
At Work - 2x24" and 15" Laptop

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Evidently its this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSW9QTBAlw

In other news, during my yearly interview I was given the goal of taking a 2 year management training course so I can run my own team. :toot:

(granted, I've been in a director role before, but all my management has been OJT, I have 0 schooling at all past what I did in the Navy, so this is pretty sweet)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Guess I'm part of the sociopath club. My desk is clean mostly because I'm only in the office like one day a week.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I weep for all those that choose to live in clutter.

dox
Mar 4, 2006
I have a colleague who is placed full-time at a law firm- I have to fill in for him when he is out.

He has an Outlook 97 and Excel 2000 book on his shelf. His desk/shelf hasn't been cleaned out in 19 years. I lean towards thinking he has checked out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So I am sure those of you with WGU emails have been wondering why you have been getting weird emails in the past 30 minutes. It appears someone made a root domain level distro available for anyone to use. Someone emailed it on accident and then reply all happened over and over again.

Loved this gem: