Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

Some of the problems with this is not everyone realises how loving nuts SovCits are. They literally will start a firefight with the feds who setup a roadblock They won't drop their guns and flee. They will attempt to fight their way out. They aren't going to give up and will probably fight until the last insane man.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

You guys do know why it is US policy not to negotiate with terrorists, right? Why that's a thing? It's because if you negotiate with terrorists you are showing terrorists that their methods are a good way to 1. Get attention, 2. Get people to take you seriously, and 3. Get at least some of what you want. It encourages further terrorism.

Right now we're not even negotiating with the terrorists, we're letting them run wild. If the FBI suddenly drops the hammer with some sort of amazing brilliant tactical maneuver that peacefully brings in every last one of these guys and ensures they all get hefty punishments for being actual terrorists I will be very, very happy...but I'm still going to point out that this whole debacle is, to quote another poster 'massively irresponsible'.

I'm not so sure why it's hard to understand that some people object to the idea of playing politics and worrying to the point of paralyzing inaction about another OKC bombing when there are innocent people right now who have had their home town and county invaded and are being intimidated into silence at best and receiving open death threats and some kind of kangaroo SovCit nonsense trial at worst while there has already been a near shootout because some of these dumb fucks decided to go posture in front of both the local police and the FBI in the middle of town.

These assholes have escalated and keep escalating and they're doing it in front of/to innocent civilians.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thank you for your constant massacre cheerleading. I'm glad the run of the mill white suburban kid has a take on the situation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

Thank you for your constant massacre cheerleading. I'm glad the run of the mill white suburban kid has a take on the situation.

No, thank you for being a staunch apologist for these terrorists and constantly reminding us that they should not be impeded or inconvenienced for any reason at any time. It's good to know that there will always be people willing to defend the right for white people to do whatever they please with absolutely no repercussions.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Who What Now posted:

No, thank you for being a staunch apologist for these terrorists and constantly reminding us that they should not be impeded or inconvenienced for any reason at any time. It's good to know that there will always be people willing to defend the right for white people to do whatever they please with absolutely no repercussions.

After the occupation ends, everyone involved should be arrested.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

LeoMarr posted:

As they'll resist arrest in all situations, it'd be better to deal with them in such an area empty of innocent civilians, where the FBI could dictate the amount of force used would it not?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

I'm not pretending anything. it's the same sensationalism as describing someone being "shot to death" by one gunshot.

What the gently caress? Shot to death is shot to death whether its 1 shot or 50.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oh wow. Pete actually got a wind cover for his mic!

Also looks like he upgraded from a lovely Gopro with a livestream app.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

You say this, but you don't support anything that would actually lead to this happening, so my only conclusion is that you're lying.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

Oh wow. Pete actually got a wind cover for his mic!

i think that they built that new sign behind them, maybe?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

theflyingorc posted:

i think that they built that new sign behind them, maybe?

According to news stories they had the blue sign insert made and it's just covering the real sign.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

Good thing they have no plans of leaving.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

According to news stories they had the blue sign insert made and it's just covering the real sign.

looks good, i am sure the people of harney county are looking forward to coming here for all their needs

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

theflyingorc posted:

If that was something that was actually going to happen, I think the thread would involve less fighting.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Perfectly Safe posted:

To be fair, it seems that some people feel that the strategy itself is wrong to the extent that not acting immediately is itself creating a more dangerous situation. I don't think that's right, but that's where (some of) the urgency comes from.

I think its right, less so than before many people here gave new and decent reasons for not confronting these guys in various ways, but that's my problem here. I'm sure its a good thing for the FBI to get as much info as possible out of this and find a peaceful solution but I'm struggling to understand what's so valuable that you'd roll the dice 3+ times on none of these people shooting.

Like, ok we got out of the bundy ranch situation with no onsite deaths or feds firing at people...and for our troubles we get to do it again in Oregon? What's the point in de-escalating a situation when the exact same people just do something even more bold while screaming "SURE HOPE NO ONE SHOOTS ME THIS TIME, WOULDNT WANT TO HAVE TO KICK OFF CW2 REJOOOOOINDERRRR" and all the bad optics that come with it?

As far as I see we aren't preventing deaths or a shootout, we're delaying them.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kartikeya posted:

You guys do know why it is US policy not to negotiate with terrorists, right?

The US publicly stated that they did not negotiate with terrorists while negotiating with terrorists for decades until a generation of civil servants forgot about this pesky little fact.

I mean Reagan said it all the loving time as a defense to the fact that he was in fact negotiating with terrorists. In fact he was negotiating trades between multiple terrorist groups!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

looks good, i am sure the people of harney county are looking forward to coming here for all their needs

that's what all the cars pulling in are doing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Secondary live stream from a real news outlet:

http://katu.com/live/event

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Who What Now posted:

No, thank you for being a staunch apologist for these terrorists and constantly reminding us that they should not be impeded inconvenienced for any reason at any time. It's good to know that there will always be people willing to defend the right for white people to do whatever they please with absolutely no repercussions.

Yes I'm an apologist for terrorists because I would prefer to see this end in a well thought out judicious manner. Please quote me stating that the militants should be let free to do as they please. It would be a great thing for women and children to be gunned down by the government. I guess the US Government is apologetic for terrorists because they won't JDAM Raqqa into dust.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh Pete.

Going after the judge who said he'll be billing the militants.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ahaha, the guy on the horse.

Going after the newspaper too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Also thanks to everyone giving updates from the stream, I cant tune in and I'm sad about it.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Talmonis posted:

As they'll resist arrest in all situations, it'd be better to deal with them in such an area empty of innocent civilians, where the FBI could dictate the amount of force used would it not?
No (assuming that you mean that now is the time), simply because it only takes one to decide that he's not going to be taken alive for the rest of them to be drawn into a firefight (there are other reasons, but this is a pretty good one). Ideally, it'd be easiest to take them separately. It's not like this is the only opportunity to pick the right moment.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crain posted:

Oh Pete.

Going after the judge who said he'll be billing the militants.

And he's making GBS threads on the Oregonian now.

"Come at me" Pete Santilli, the only real American Reporter left.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
"we're still trying to find out if witness 11, something ward, is related to sheriff david ward, if we find that out we will...oh, they're not? well, "

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

HAHAHA

"Communist filled room! Booed me when I mentioned the constitution..."

"I'm not butthurt about that."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"bunch of communists."

yep, this is a legitimate movement.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

The US publicly stated that they did not negotiate with terrorists while negotiating with terrorists for decades until a generation of civil servants forgot about this pesky little fact.

I mean Reagan said it all the loving time as a defense to the fact that he was in fact negotiating with terrorists. In fact he was negotiating trades between multiple terrorist groups!

I'm aware? That doesn't really address my point in any way, unless you believe that it is, in fact, good to negotiate with terrorists.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"Even if the government legally owns this land...they can't legally own this land."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
"libtards" said outline, unironically

he called for the townspeople to stand "without arms"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just heard "libtard" used un-ironically.

Something new every day.

After "butthurt", no less.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes. Libtard. Communist. False Flag.

WELP

This is what Fox News got us, America.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
the fire chief "caught the FBI staging a false flag attack at the armory"

he just claimed that the First WTC attack was a false flag holy poo poo

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Butthurt was also unironically used earlier.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kartikeya posted:

I'm aware? That doesn't really address my point in any way, unless you believe that it is, in fact, good to negotiate with terrorists.

It is never good to cut off lines of contact with anyone. All it does is reduce the information you can get on the group.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

kartikeya posted:

It is good to negotiate with terrorists when terrorist is an arbitrary label usually reserved for groups of politically active black and brown people.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
he claims they would do that false flag to justify killing them

does not understand that they could legally kill him right now

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

There's Uranium out here, and the Government wants to keep it's control of it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Talmonis posted:

The FBI can also dictate use of force if they are fighting a decentralized force. AKA Fleeing on the backs of F150s. They will be captured, however not right now. It's a precarious situation and I don't think the government expected them to start patrolling the town. They are setting the tempo at this point. The feds don't need to do anything for these guys to gently caress themselves over. There is literally an ISIS and hitler sympathiser being harbored there, this is the type of stupidity that will drastically reduce the legitimacy of their movement in the eyes of the general public. The FBI doesn't need to go in guns blazing for this to end, the militants have made themselves look retarded by themselves. Route the moderates isolate the radicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"I'm Pete Santilli, andI'm trying to get one of the top 5 spots on the top domestic terrorists list."

:stare:

• Locked thread