Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ahahaha Rand is my favorite petulant baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At a Huckabee event someone pressed him on his support of Duggars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLO...XySs-rF0XOgTLZg

People show up to see Huckabee?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Remember when he wasn't supposed to be in the LAST big kid debate but CNN(?) altered their metrics to let him squeeze in?

But yea, Rand, the media's so against you :qq:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Montasque posted:

New Morning Consult GOP national Poll:

Donald Trump 42%
Ben Carson 12%
Ted Cruz 10%
Marco Rubio 9%
Jeb Bush 5%
Chris Christie 4%
Rand Paul 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
John Kasich 2%
Carly Fiorina 1%
Rick Santorum 1%

http://morningconsult.com/polls/new...OCbhL5yDGm1rJ8i

Hahahahahabbabana

Yes. YES!

E: Trump is the first or second choice of 53% of the GOP

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE TRUMP BRO

I TOLD YOU DOG

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I don't think any of the half-wits the republicans have put up this time would do better than Trump in the general.

Trump is uniquely able to defeat any attempts by the opposition to fall back on saying racist sexist bigot as an I-win card. Jeb and Rubio would knuckle under and apologize, Cruz and Fiorina would come off as colossally unlikable, nobody really cares what the others have to say.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I had a weird dream about donald trump last night

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Trump is uniquely able to defeat any attempts by the opposition to fall back on saying racist sexist bigot as an I-win card. Jeb and Rubio would knuckle under and apologize, Cruz and Fiorina would come off as colossally unlikable, nobody really cares what the others have to say.

Except no one has seriously went against him on that angle because the GOP primary is a sexist racist hug box. Some empty platitudes about how we don't want to actually kill all Muslims isn't trying to hit him on that.
Trump slapping little baby men in the stone age contest isn't useful data for his performance in the national area.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE TRUMP BRO

I TOLD YOU DOG

i cant wait to be a useless piece of poo poo all day and lose all these caucuses

im a ski bum
Feb 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Trump has a "special announcement rally" next Tuesday in Iowa at John Wayne's birthplace.

Remember four years ago when Michelle Bachman confused John Wayne's and serial killer John Wayne Gacy's birthplaces? 2012 primary crazy pales in comparison to 2016.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
To expound on that, one thing it seems like everyone overlooks constantly is how terrible the Republican field is. The idea at first was that Trump would self-destruct; okay, I can buy that. It didn't happen, but there was a point when you could have made the argument. He might also still die. Fast forward, the idea that any of these idiots is going to figure out how to beat Trump and then execute is laughable.

They all have pasts that are littered with the corrupt garbage they've done, and it's too easy to dump on any of them when you have no record. Ted Cruz mounted the first serious attack and now half of republicans think he's Canadian, it's insane. Marco Rubio (whom many have hung their hopes and dreams on) is barely even showing up this election, and all I loving hear about is how well he's doing and how he's the establishment's man. He's not doing well, he's a lazy idiot who's in way over his head. Doing well would be defeating the person your media shills failed at defeating. Ted Cruz, likewise, is a loving tool and pretty much everyone knows it. For all the poo poo that Bernie gets for not even working with his party this guy takes the cake. Even his own people loathe him, and some of the few remaining elder statesmen the GOP has wouldn't even lift a finger when he was accused of not being a natural born citizen. Scott Walker and Jeb Bush, the two big bads when we came out of the gate, both flopped tremendously, with Walker flaming and flopping out in near record time. Jeb Bush now spends rivers of money on nothing.

Almost forgot Ben Carson, who became front runner then went to bed.

Realistically, none of them even have the strength to run a presidential campaign to begin with. None of them have the talent or the past to stand up to Trump. It's his race to lose or win, and looking back it probably always was, because these people are morons.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/jasonnobleDMR/status/687337263651536896

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

babypolis posted:

you are loving retarded as hell

resting on your laurels is one of the worst political mistakes you can make

I could tell you that the sky is blue and you'd try to sneer at me.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Glad to see the Jeb! version of the forums are up and running now.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I mean at least you can say he genuinely appears to be following election law and not illegally coordinating with the super-PAC that is supporting him

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 22, 2016

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

Glad to see the Jeb! version of the forums are up and running now.

here's me reading this post: "what the hell is he talking about, the twitters? whatever back to the main foAGH WHAT"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:getin: Let's burn this poo poo down.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/687710039386263552

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Also I posted a new thread here in case you see something your dumbass congressman said or did and want to talk about it but don't want to gum up Our Precious Trumpstation

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Rubio desperately tries a false flag to get back into the news.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

"Assembled in USA"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:allears:

This is just the best thing.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At a Huckabee event someone pressed him on his support of Duggars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLO...XySs-rF0XOgTLZg

Huckabee never exploited ANYONE, says Huckabee

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Here is my real problem, the field is now small enough that they don't really need a kids table but instead of arguing that point he is arguing that he and he alone should be allowed in the debate even though he didn't make the cutoff for ~reasons~ which just makes him seem like a petulant child that believes he is a beautiful special little snowflake.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

In my mind, the main problem is that the GOP establishment can't really attack Trump on substance because he's saying the same things they are, albeit cranking the volume up to 11 on it while they're dog-whistling at 3 or so.

So the GOPe tries to attack on style, but the brash, confrontational, tell-it-like-it-is delivery that Trump possesses is the wellspring of the Tea Party. A significant portion of today's GOP sees traditional government institutions and representatives as the enemy to be confronted and shouted down. Traditional news sources are to be challenged and rejected as well, which adds to the "problem," because what means does the GOPe now have to get their talking-points out and get traction?

They can't attact Trump on views similar to their own and they've spent a decade cultivating an angry "we're not gonna take it anymore" electorate which means they've pretty much hosed themselves.

While they are still being useful idiots (i.e. Trump's tax plan) the GOP base has figured out that they are such and only care about winning their stupid culture war the business wing actually in office doesn't give a poo poo about. The situation is completely hosed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

Here is my real problem the field is now small enough that they don't really need a kids table but instead of arguing that point he is arguing that he and he alone should be allowed in the debate even though he didn't make the cutoff for ~reasons~ which just makes him seem like a petulant child that believes he is a beautiful special little snowflake.
We're two and a half weeks away from Iowa. 11 is too drat many, and remember that Jim Gilmore is still running so actually it's 12 if you invite everyone.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
If the need for the corn lobby to ratfuck Cruz in Iowa leads to Bransted endorsing Trump I will never stop laughing ever.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TheTatteredKing posted:

While they are still being useful idiots (i.e. Trump's tax plan) the GOP base has figured out that they are such and only care about winning their stupid culture war the business wing actually in office doesn't give a poo poo about. The situation is completely hosed.

There are still a bunch of the blue blood types who care about "Respectability" like Romney and that one guy in the NYT op-ed today.

If they were smart they'd realize that Trump has struck gold on how to continue getting everything they want (lower taxes, slashed social spending, MIC largesse, etc) from their base, and this time they don't even have to promise "we'll outlaw abortion, really we mean it this time."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

There are still a bunch of the blue blood types who care about "Respectability" like Romney and that one guy in the NYT op-ed today.

If they were smart they'd realize that Trump has struck gold on how to continue getting everything they want (lower taxes, slashed social spending, MIC largesse, etc) from their base, and this time they don't even have to promise "we'll outlaw abortion, really we mean it this time."

I'm not sure if there are still a bunch of those types voting, there certainly are in the media and stuff. But I feel like they are sorely outnumbered by recruited culture warriors. But you're right, Donald would be a great way to sneak business policy in. If culture war wasn't so toxic to the general which is why all the blue bloods are making GBS threads their pants.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rubio... What's going on man... First Nikki Haley shanks you over amnesty, now GEORGE WILL is attacking you?

Marco Rubio’s record of bad judgment

quote:

What boxer Sonny Liston’s manager said of him (Sonny had his good points, the trouble was his bad points) is true of Marco Rubio. His strengths include intelligence, articulateness and, usually, cheerfulness. His misjudgments involve, in ascending order of importance, the Senate immigration bill of 2013, sugar, Libya and S . 590. Together these reveal a recurring penchant for ill-considered undertakings.

Rubio’s retreat, under withering political heat, from the immigration bill was undignified but not reprehensible. The bill had 1,197 pages because the 906-page Affordable Care Act had not slaked the congressional appetite for “comprehensive” solutions to complex problems. The immigration bill solved everything , down to the hourly wage of immigrant agricultural sorters ($9.84). Rubio shared this serene knowingness.

His sugar addiction is a reprehensible but not startling example of the routine entanglements of big government and big business. He has benefited from the support of Florida’s wealthy sugar producers, who have benefited from sugar import quotas and other corporate welfare that forces Americans to pay approximately twice the world price for sugar. What is, however, startling is Rubio’s preposterous defense of this corporate welfare as a national security imperative: Without our government rigging the sugar market, “other countries will capture the market share, our agricultural capacity will be developed into real estate, you know, housing and so forth, and then we lose the capacity to produce our own food, at which point we’re at the mercy of a foreign country for food security.”

This promiscuous invocation of national security brings us to Rubio’s enthusiastic support of the Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton intervention in Libya, which Rubio faults for having been insufficiently enthusiastic. This 2011 plunge into a tribal society’s civil war, this eight-month assassination attempt using fighter bombers, this supposedly humanitarian imperialism appealed to Secretary of State Clinton and other progressives precisely because it had no discernible connection to any vital U.S. interest. Rubio supported this third adventure in regime change in the Muslim world since 9/11, perhaps on the principle that practice makes perfect.

Today, his sensible complaint is that the Obama administration (like the previous administration regarding Iraq) had no plans for preventing chaos after the Libyan regime was decapitated. His not-at-all sensible implication, however, is that the United States should have buckled down to nation-building there....

Here's the base's response to George Will...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I could tell you that the sky is blue and you'd try to sneer at me.

no you just happen to be a smug rear end in a top hat who is also incredibly ignorant

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rand is crying about ~the media~ not letting him have a debate, but he is invited to a debate. They just won’t let him play with the big kids and it’s not fair.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rand is just a party pooper what with his "hey guys maybe let's not go to war with russia and blow up the world"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rand is a lovely idiot with an annoying voice and ive been eagerly awaiting his destruction for years now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Platystemon posted:

Rand is crying about ~the media~ not letting him have a debate, but he is invited to a debate. They just won’t let him play with the big kids and it’s not fair.

If he wasn't a full of poo poo empty suit he'd be at the debate and he'd make these arguments there and not only force Fox News to address it and the Republican Party to listen but he'd have three other candidates agreeing with him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HlBtk1SSk

I don’t get it. Rubio is a Washington Politician®, but also never in Washington? :confused:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Rubio... What's going on man... First Nikki Haley shanks you over amnesty, now GEORGE WILL is attacking you?

Marco Rubio’s record of bad judgment

Here's the base's response to George Will...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

Rubio is no one's candidate. There have been several articles about how Democrats are perplexed that the GOP Establishment isn't backing Rubio, but the problem is, Marco isn't one of them. Nor is he an outsider. Marco Rubio wants to become President without actually putting in any of the necessary sweat equity.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Rubio is no one's candidate. There have been several articles about how Democrats are perplexed that the GOP Establishment isn't backing Rubio, but the problem is, Marco isn't one of them. Nor is he an outsider. Marco Rubio wants to become President without actually putting in any of the necessary sweat equity.

But the GOP has a demographic problem with latinos, and if they promote a latino then latinos will vote republican because blacks voted for Obama because he's black. I guess the real problem is that Rubio isn't promising free phones and cash and all the stuff Obama promised to blacks.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Patter Song posted:

Yeah, it seems like the Establishment has had enough of Rubio's laziness and are starting to warm up to Christie, and even Jeb again. The whispers out of the FREEP/FOXNEWS/TALK RADIO zones is that Christie/Jeb are going to gang up on Rubio tonight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Platystemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HlBtk1SSk

I don’t get it. Rubio is a Washington Politician®, but also never in Washington? :confused:

Right to Rise: now cribbing attack lines from Canadian politicians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkmF8B2651s

• Locked thread