Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the crossbell games will own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just got to the Finale chapter of SC tonight.

Does Josette serve any kind of purpose beyond having funny dialogue? From the brief time I used her, I basically thought she was all of the worst aspects of Tita magnified.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Regalingualius posted:

Does Josette serve any kind of purpose beyond having funny dialogue? From the brief time I used her, I basically thought she was all of the worst aspects of Tita magnified.

Breaking my and Cake Attack's hearts. :sigh:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

the crossbell games will own

This dude's name is Lazy(pronounced Wazy) Hemisphere, by the way. So unironically yes, they will own.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 14, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaggitz posted:

This dude's name is Lazy(pronounced Wazy) Hurricane, by the way. So unironically yes, they will own.

his name on the wiki is "Lazy Hemisphere"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funny dialogue is all you need

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

funny dialogue is all you need

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

But she's also cutting into Olivier dialogue, in my case. :(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah my bad there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

his name on the wiki is "Lazy Hemisphere"

I'm still disappointed he's not a cool tomboy instead of a bishie.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
At least on Normal, team composition doesn't really seem to matter. Everyone is pretty strong and thanks to a wide variety of decent to great Master Quartz, everyone can perform. I'm considering actually Platinuming this game (would be my first ever) which means a Nightmare run so I may actually have to give a poo poo about my team later on. I have really settled on Rean - Laura and Machias/Jusis - Elliot/Emma just depending on circumstance for my normal run. I can see where Millium might be good to eat hits and counter attack though, but her availability is non-existent before chapter 5. Gaius is also quite strong and dodges like a beast so he could fill the role earlier on. I still haven't really found Fie that useful due to her low attack range though. I know everyone says she's a champ but I'm just not seeing it. Maybe it's just her setup at the moment.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Fie's one of (the only?) character capable of reaching max Evasion, since her weapons have evade boosters on them. Combined with the "Counters are criticals" quartz, it's pretty entertaining.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Supremezero posted:

Fie's one of (the only?) character capable of reaching max Evasion, since her weapons have evade boosters on them. Combined with the "Counters are criticals" quartz, it's pretty entertaining.
Rean's weapons get evade on them too, but unfortunately the two of them can only counter if something is RIGHT NEXT TO THEM when attacking. :( C'mon Fie, you have guns, use them

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fie has extremely high speed, good attack, and a fairly decent selection of crafts. Also, in an interesting example of gameplay and story integration, she actually does make a really good link partner for Laura due to said speed and weapon ranks. Oh, and she also has by far the best field attack in the game, which almost guarantees safe triple advantages against virtually anything barring archaisms.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 14, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Rean's weapons get evade on them too, but unfortunately the two of them can only counter if something is RIGHT NEXT TO THEM when attacking. :( C'mon Fie, you have guns, use them
that's why you run fie into the middle of the enemies

because she has max evasion

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looking at XSEED and SpaceDrake's twitter, it seems Trails has gotten quite a bit of attention, considering the franchise's circumstances. Nice to see.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

Looking at XSEED and SpaceDrake's twitter, it seems Trails has gotten quite a bit of attention, considering the franchise's circumstances. Nice to see.

How so?

E: Oh, down farther.

Uh. Is Xenoblade X really a traditional RPG?

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 15, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

amazed agate won the vote for best supporting character, instead of olivier

also by 'traditional' they mostly just mean 'turn-based, or something approaching turn-based', as opposed to the RPGs with real-time combat.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 15, 2016

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Supremezero posted:

How so?

E: Oh, down farther.

Uh. Is Xenoblade X really a traditional RPG?

I think they just had a "traditional" vs. action distinction.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Olivier is not a supporting character, though.

He's the Super Main Character.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

amazed agate won the vote for best supporting character, instead of olivier

also by 'traditional' they mostly just mean 'turn-based, or something approaching turn-based', as opposed to the RPGs with real-time combat.

yeah what

not even in a "why are people disagreeing with me" kinda way, agate's my boy, olivier has just always been the most popular anywhere i've looked

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh well

omedetou, agate-san

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Agate is tsundere and has a giant sword, Oliver can't stand up to that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

a powerful combination

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hey I have a question relating to Carnelia from FC and a character from CS for more seasoned fans.

So Toby is Toval right? Is there a reason he's using a different name? Because at the end of Carnelia he mentions finally feeling comfortable with Toby as his real name. Also I'm assuming Carnelia was a dominion like Kevin?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

yeah what

not even in a "why are people disagreeing with me" kinda way, agate's my boy, olivier has just always been the most popular anywhere i've looked
i guess a lot of people picked agate at the start of SC and that makes him feel like the second or third most important party member

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Hey I have a question relating to Carnelia from FC and a character from CS for more seasoned fans.

So Toby is Toval right? Is there a reason he's using a different name? Because at the end of Carnelia he mentions finally feeling comfortable with Toby as his real name. Also I'm assuming Carnelia was a dominion like Kevin?

yeah. toby was just what micht used as an alias. so you can basically find and replace toby with toval everywhere in carnelia, I think.

Carnelia is Ann/Ein Selnate (hard to say which without an official translation), the leader of the dominion. She's cool. ill post a picture of her once i find one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

yeah. toby was just what micht used as an alias. so you can basically find and replace toby with toval everywhere in carnelia, I think.

Carnelia is Ann/Ein Selnate (hard to say which without an official translation), the leader of the dominion. She's cool. ill post a picture of her once i find one.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

she's the one smoking, which is how you know she's cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

broken image

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i fixed it. if you want to see more, get the cool art books udon put out. featuring excellent translations such as

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Clam Dip Flow, you say?

Sounds delicious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
oh my god that made me laugh way too much.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

dang i didn't know like the whole cast is in vantage master portable

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Cake Attack posted:

Pretty sure she says her name in the last chapter of Carnelia is Ein Selnate.

Edit: That name is also in the first chapter of Carnelia.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 15, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cyouni posted:

Pretty sure she says her name in the last chapter of Carnelia is Ein Selnate.

oh cool. i wasn't sure since the psp translation has it as Ann but I figured they might change it which it seems they did.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cake Attack posted:

I know the theory is spreading that the grandmaster is Aidios, but I honestly believe it's her instead. Then again, I don't know much about the events of Trails 3rd, so I can't judge.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Slur posted:

I know the theory is spreading that the grandmaster is Aidios, but I honestly believe it's her instead. Then again, I don't know much about the events of Trails 3rd, so I can't judge.

Aidios is pictured to have green hair in the Cold Steel chapels, which may or may not support this theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I started chapter 5 and just began the field study for that month and I realized it puts it during the events of the opening, so I'm getting kind of excited to see that play out properly. I am starting to get that feeling though, the same one I had during the near-end events of FC - the one that just starts saying "You're almost done and CS2 isn't out yet!". I'm so glad they are aiming to get it out this year. Falcom really created something special with the world and it's just really engaging to follow.