Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
invite for cow climbing http://steamcommunity.com/id/gyshall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Is there an easier way to friend everyone than the repeated clicking needed in the members list?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anybody else who played on hard just sticking with normal this time around?

The potential for getting one-shotted made certain encounters more interesting, but all the increased stamina usage does it make it so you can't use your rad abilities (read: the poo poo that sets DD apart from the rank and file) as often. On top of that, the double XP and mountains of gold they shovel at you in return almost makes it easier than normal mode about halfway through the game. It's more trouble than it's worth, IMO.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Those who have acquired the game on pc through various means, what are the standard kb+m bindings like?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Innerguard posted:

Those who have acquired the game on pc through various means, what are the standard kb+m bindings like?

Follow up question with this: What are the pros/cons between kb+m and a controller?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Innerguard posted:

Totalbiscuit has a pretty good rundown

Looks like kb/m is perfectly functional. He said it's even superior if you're playing an archer class.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
The PC version coming out makes me want to actually finish this game now. I have the game on ps3 and then psplus gave dark arisen away for free. So i own the game, but having it not run like total garbage would be a plus (on PC). Put in 20 hours on ps3. The lack of fast travel and sometimes not knowing where to go eventually led me to quit playign for a while.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Someone before mentioned that the ps4 touchpad could function as the hotkeys present in the ps4 version, does this mean it would detect a ps4 controller natively?

Only other game I know that does that is mad max.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'd still argue that as a open world RPG it holds together far better than most offerings from Bethesda.

That's not saying much, if we're being honest here.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm already in the Steam group, but I might as well throw out my steamID for pawn sharing purposes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/crosisthepurger/

This thread went from 0-700 posts overnight. :stare: Has there been any mention of being able to link our steam accounts with the Capcom Pawn Community?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Someone before mentioned that the ps4 touchpad could function as the hotkeys present in the ps4 version, does this mean it would detect a ps4 controller natively?

Pretty sure you have to use DS4Windows to emulate a 360 gamepad and then set the number buttons on the touchpad from there.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

According to devs it's native, they hooked up multiple controllers during the livestream to show how well it worked. Doubt that'd get you hotkey control though, try ds4windows and making it look like a 360 controller.

First mod I want is ds4 controller prompts.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

According to devs it's native, they hooked up multiple controllers during the livestream to show how well it worked. Doubt that'd get you hotkey control though, try ds4windows and making it look like a 360 controller.

First mod I want is ds4 controller prompts.

This. It's always super aggravating having to mentally replace 360 inputs with DS3/4 ones. At least this game isn't too bad about it since the only quick-times use the analog sticks.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deified Data posted:

Looks like kb/m is perfectly functional. He said it's even superior if you're playing an archer class.
The man does love to parttle on, doesn't he?
But at 25:25 he shows off how hotkeys work and that's interesting.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Can we just make the steam group open so the thread isn't flooded with people asking for invites?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

http://steamcommunity.com/id/NemsMole
Friend me for pawns that look, sound and act like Danny DeVito

Orv
May 4, 2011

Genocyber posted:

This. It's always super aggravating having to mentally replace 360 inputs with DS3/4 ones. At least this game isn't too bad about it since the only quick-times use the analog sticks.

The native DS4 support doesn't even have the relatively easy mental gymnastics of 360 inputs, it just has some early 2000s-rear end bland circular buttons with 1-14. It's awful.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

A coloration of the 360 buttons would not go amiss either, I would think.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Orv posted:

The native DS4 support doesn't even have the relatively easy mental gymnastics of 360 inputs, it just has some early 2000s-rear end bland circular buttons with 1-14. It's awful.

Because the DS4 is just a normal rear end Gamepad according to Windows.

You will probably be able to mod in the button Icon's fairly easily though.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Man, DD at 60fps is gonna be a hell of a thing.

Anyway, an invite for the steam group would be great!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pkomenza/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I'm definitely going to try KB/M first, because I really want easy access to the item hotkeys. Being able to just hit a key to use a healing or stamina item is going to be a huge quality of life improvement.

I don't remember: is the d-pad used for anything during gameplay in Dragon's Dogma? If not, maybe I could just set my controller's d-pad to be the 1-4 number keys and use that as my item binding, assuming it still works with a controller plugged in at all. EDIT: Oh, right, pawn commands. Crap.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 14, 2016

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Harrow posted:

I'm definitely going to try KB/M first, because I really want easy access to the item hotkeys. Being able to just hit a key to use a healing or stamina item is going to be a huge quality of life improvement.

I don't remember: is the d-pad used for anything during gameplay in Dragon's Dogma? If not, maybe I could just set my controller's d-pad to be the 1-4 number keys and use that as my item binding, assuming it still works with a controller plugged in at all.

D-Pad is for Pawn Commands and Menu Nav, if you rebind it you would have to navigate the menu entirely with analogue stick, which for me at least is an annoyance.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Saxophone posted:

I think I recall there being a talent or ability that gave you bonus stats for less pawns in your party. I think.

Yeah, that's an Assassin augment, Autonomy.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/NemsMole
Friend me for pawns that look, sound and act like Danny DeVito

I was hoping of making a trump pawn, dunno if they got the hair for it though. "Lets make the Bitterback Isle great again!"

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cheesetriangles

Looking for steam group / pawn friends.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lets hang out posted:

you can go to bitterblack less than an hour after starting the game

If you want to be a tryhard you blitz through Bitterblack and get some ring or something, I forget exactly what, then immediately start a new game on Hard mode and get the ring again. I can't remember what it does but I remember it being pretty necessary if you want to do a pawn-less hard/nightmare run.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

Because the DS4 is just a normal rear end Gamepad according to Windows.

You will probably be able to mod in the button Icon's fairly easily though.

From what I understand, I've not seen it in a video yet or anything but, it just picks it up. Icons and all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Arthil posted:

From what I understand, I've not seen it in a video yet or anything but, it just picks it up. Icons and all.

Right, but it uses the numbered buttons because it treats controllers like all standard gamepads.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/voltron131

Please invite to group and add for pawns I guess. Never played this before but always looked super cool.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

Right, but it uses the numbered buttons because it treats controllers like all standard gamepads.

Huh, thought it would just show the Triangle, Circle, X etc.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Lodin posted:

The man does love to parttle on, doesn't he?
But at 25:25 he shows off how hotkeys work and that's interesting.

*18:45

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Does anyone have advice on making a good Mage/Sorcerer pawn? Feel free to tell me minmax strats.

The idea is to be a buffer/healer that then proceeds to burn things a lot when buffing/healing is not needed.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 15, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tallgeese posted:

Does anyone have advice on making a good Sorcerer pawn? Feel free to tell me minmax strats.

The idea is to be a buffer/healer that then proceeds to burn things a lot when buffing/healing is not needed.

Sorcerers can't heal, only mages can. You can give them a full complement of Buffs and things like Exequay, which poisons poo poo, though.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Sorcerers don't heal, they are an offensive spell casters, they want high Magick for more damage, and that class just so happens to have the highest Magick stat growth so keep him as a Sorcerers for most of his existence.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Tallgeese posted:

Well, do I have good news for you!

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>737</ID>
      <Description>"No Armor Restriction"</Description>
      <LastState Activated="0"/>
      <Color>80000008</Color>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>/*
  Tallgeese's Devil/Equip:
  Removes equipment restrictions.
  You still won't be able to use one weapon's skills with another.
*/

[ENABLE]
aobscanmodule(allowEquip,DDDA.exe,33 C9 3B D0 0F 94 C0)
registersymbol(allowEquip)

allowEquip+2:
mov al,01
db 90 90 90

[DISABLE]
allowEquip+2:
db 3B D0 0F 94 C0
unregistersymbol(allowEquip)
</AssemblerScript>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

How do I use this excellent piece of code?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think you roll it up and smoke it in a ritual

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You have to copy it and paste it into Cheat Engine while it's open.

I wouldn't try to upload a pawn with illegal armor, but who knows, maybe it'll take it.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 15, 2016

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Tallgeese posted:

Does anyone have advice on making a good Mage/Sorcerer pawn? Feel free to tell me minmax strats.

If you only want a buffer/healer, your magic stat doesn't matter for poo poo interestingly enough. Just build defenses, health, and stamina. That means levelling classes other than mage, though.

The Marauder fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 15, 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

When is this game going to unlock i.e. am I going to be sleeping tonight or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Control Volume posted:

When is this game going to unlock i.e. am I going to be sleeping tonight or not

1PM EST