Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Palm Springs Raiders
yes old retirees are the perfect demographic for Raider Nation what could possibly go wrong!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Move to Corpus Christi and rebrand as the Caribbean Raiders.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bawfuls posted:

yes old retirees are the perfect demographic for Raider Nation what could possibly go wrong!??

I want my home town to be famous for something ok

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Re-brand them Ice Pirates.

Just kidding, nobody but me is old enough to remember Ice Pirates.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Move them to the bottom of the sea

The Atlantis Raiders

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Re-brand them Ice Pirates.

Just kidding, nobody but me is old enough to remember Ice Pirates.

I remember Ice Pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGPVfHpKXU
The 80's were... Weird.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ross Angeles posted:

Palm Springs Raiders

Move them to Barstow. The Black Hole already dress like Mad Max extras, might as well put them in the desert.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

Move them to the bottom of the sea

The Atlantis Raiders

Fit out one of those old aircraft carriers at Bremerton as a mobile stadium.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Fit out one of those old aircraft carriers at Bremerton as a mobile stadium.

The Skullboat is a commonly suggested solution to the Raiders location.

And it's too good not to use.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Orlando Pirate Raiders of the Caribbean.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

face it you are from a retirement home, just be glad it's the California version instead of Florida

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Ross Angeles posted:

You're famous for electing Sonny Bono for mayor.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Monkey paw curls finger

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kevyn posted:

You're famous for electing Sonny Bono for mayor.

I feel like it's more famous for that place with the fuckton of windmills to power the senior communities wasting water on bocci lawns.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I dont care what happens, all I know is at the end of all this bullshit, we better have a team called the "Oilers" back in the league. :colbert:

Williston Frackers

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

solarjetman posted:

Williston Frackers

OKC Frackin' Earthquakes.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Ross Angeles posted:

Old gay golfers isn't a good enough reputation for you?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Woodchip posted:

OKC Frackin' Earthquakes.

Finally a football team that tells the truth

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The New Braunfels Solution

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona decides to bring the Raiders in to share the stadium to get the tourism necessary to pay for the stadium, the Cardinals get mad after a few years, and go to St. Louis.

pixelbot2000
May 11, 2004

Pay your pussy bill

Android Bicyclist posted:

If the Raiders go to San Antonio they could keep their colors & go as the Banditos or Desperados.

:ninja: edit: definitely Desperados so their abbreviation would be SAD :smith:

When the team began, there was a contest to name them and the winner was Oakland Seņors, but it ended up being changed by the time their first season started in 1960.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The St. Louis Seņor Lowtaxes

Donkwich fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 15, 2016

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The browns reformulation should have included a clause requiring the owner to oppose all relocation votes forever imo. Relocation is dog poo poo

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Red McCombs trying to lure Raiders to San Antonio:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14572902/red-mccombs-trying-lure-oakland-raiders-san-antonio

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Having lived in Central TX and a fan of the Silver and Black as long as I've known about football, I really do feel this is the best move. I've been to Oakland to watch them play and even if they built a new stadium there, being in Oakland is not as good as being in Texas.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Superior Bastard posted:

Having lived in Central TX and a fan of the Silver and Black as long as I've known about football, I really do feel this is the best move. I've been to Oakland to watch them play and even if they built a new stadium there, being in Oakland is not as good as being in Texas.

Plus considering Mark Davis is the sort of guy to do business from a Hooters, Texas is going to fuckin' blow his mind.

If he goes to Texas, we'll get a picture of him in a stetson and snakeskin boots and I will worship that picture as my new god.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 15, 2016

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Traxis posted:

It will never happen but I always though the Raiders should move to the IE. The Raiders and the 909 are a match made in heaven.

The Raiders are hella 909. This is a genius idea.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Superior Bastard posted:

I don't think Jerry Jones or Bob McNair are going to want another team in Texas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dean Spanos has reportedly re-opened dialogue with the city of San Diego

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Glass of Milk posted:

I don't think Jerry Jones or Bob McNair are going to want another team in Texas.

San Antonio is firmly entrenched Cowboys country, so Jerry definitely has the bigger gripe

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ross Angeles posted:

:peanut:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Ross Angeles posted:

Question is if the Chargers are moving now or if they move when the Stadium is done.

If they wait three years, it possibly gives San Diego time to get something done

Chinatown posted:

Exactly 0% chance of this happening.

:boom:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Ross Angeles posted:

hallelujah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

I want to see him crawl down a San Diego main street on his hands and knees, licking the boots of the people he scorned.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

\:unsmith:/ yay

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Plus considering Mark Davis is the sort of guy to do business from a Hooters, Texas is going to fuckin' blow his mind.

If he goes to Texas, we'll get a picture of him in a stetson and snakeskin boots and I will worship that picture as my new god.

He should wear a Stetson to cover that abomination of a haircut. Jerry should welcome the rivalry with the Raiders. If you recall, their preseason game which is usually played in Mexico is epic. They can play up the whole good vs evil side of things. It'd make for something far more interesting than the non-existent relationship/rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/688109138400813056

And to think, some agency probably got paid millions of dollars to photoshop "Los Angeles" on the logo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And for absolutely gratis, I improve it in two small moves.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I bet they switch to the old colors when they move into the new stadium in a few years, thus making LA fans have to buy all their merch twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure why everybody loves the old canary and sky color scheme, it's a great one for a girls' little league team I guess.

• Locked thread