Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Probably a lot. I accidentally went to the ER once because it was after 5 PM so the hospital was closed and nobody spoke English well enough to explain what was up. It was just a normal sinus infection type visit that would run 10K at a doctor's office but it cost 150K there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
I think it's pretty random. When I sliced my head open, I got 7 staples and it cost like 15k. When I was bleeding to death, they stuff something in my nose and I sat there for an hour. Cost me 50k.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Goon-Favorite Showry chugs a bottle of soju

That look on her face at the 6 minute mark tho

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

AmbientParadox posted:

Goon-Favorite Showry chugs a bottle of soju

That look on her face at the 6 minute mark tho

She spits half of the flavoured soju on his crotch... Also did she become popular so quickly from the facebook videos or what?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I think she went 'Internet mainstream' due to the gif of her dancing in ketchup, yeah. From there the goon hivemind has decided shes one of the funnier comedians in Korea.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

AmbientParadox posted:

I think she went 'Internet mainstream' due to the gif of her dancing in ketchup, yeah. From there the goon hivemind has decided shes one of the funnier comedians in Korea.

Does funnier means having big boobs? Or just a statement on how dire most comedians here are? Cause otherwise idgi.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Well, looks like I'm going to be in Korea again for lunar new year. Anything going on in Seoul that I should check out that won't be hilariously overcrowded?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Hahahahah. No.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

We do have five days though. Could escape Seoul and bounce down to the west coast, another Gwangju goon trip maybe?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

another Gwangju goon trip maybe?

I would 100% love this but 1) I need to check my university schedule and 2) the ktx schedule. If I can't KTX, I can't.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Ffffffuck. Always read the notes on app updates. Cause the notes in the last Jihachul update which I neglected to check until it was too late read: Added ads and the ability to remove ads with in-app purchases.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

So just how cold is it in Seoul right now? Like snow on the ground every day? Decent in the day and cold at night?

Could I ride a skateboard around? Or too icy/snowy?

Checking the weekly forecast is making me hesitant to book a flight

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I guess it's cold depending on what kind of winters you are used to, but there's no snow/ice on the ground right now.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Well I'm used to real winters. I'm trying to skip that this year by being in Asia. Really want to do Seoul/Tokyo but I didn't realise it would be cold. I actually prefer the cold, as long as I can skate around

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you're looking to skip winter you want like, Thailand. Korea doesn't get cold like it does in Real Winter but it's certainly not a winter escape destination. Also if it does snow or ice they have no loving idea what to do and the sidewalks/roads are a total mess.

If you really want to go to Korea for some reason and are trying to avoid winter, Jeju is as close as you're going to get. The southern coast also rarely gets snow.

Japan in winter is nice.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Thanks for the advice! I'm in Thailand now and have done all of SEA so far. I just came from Hong Kong and really liked the weather there.

Looks like it's South Korea and Japan next!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Taiwan is also winter free and a Good China.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Well I'm used to real winters. I'm trying to skip that this year by being in Asia. Really want to do Seoul/Tokyo but I didn't realise it would be cold. I actually prefer the cold, as long as I can skate around

Japan I believe is wetter thanks to Pacific humidity. Seoul and most of Korea have a dry Midwestern winter. For the next two months, it will be around 0'C-8'C daily. There won't be any snow. Poor insulation in many buildings will make you feel that cold.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

If you're looking to skip winter you want like, Thailand. Korea doesn't get cold like it does in Real Winter

Warning: This man lived in Ulsan. His opinion is not representative of the rest of the country.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
Also skating in Korea seems like an awful idea. Too many people and/or too much trash and/or crazy scooters, cars, or people in their phones like me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

AmbientParadox posted:

Poor insulation in many buildings will make you feel that cold.

This is really the thing about Korean winter. It isn't objectively that cold (even up in Seoul :colbert: ) but it's the pervasiveness of it since you're always in completely uninsulated cinderblock and concrete boxes. If a heater is on, the Koreans will either open the windows in order to ensure it doesn't actually heat anything or have it cranked so it's 100 degrees indoors while everyone is still wearing three coats.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

DontAskKant posted:

Also skating in Korea seems like an awful idea. Too many people and/or too much trash and/or crazy scooters, cars, or people in their phones like me.

Yup. I did it for about a month commuting to work and it was a nightmare here. The sidewalks are a million chances to jam up your wheels and the roads are not for people.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

nullscan posted:

Yup. I did it for about a month commuting to work and it was a nightmare here. The sidewalks are a million chances to jam up your wheels and the roads are not for people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s2i4Ql0Jlc
Actually a documentary

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

This is really the thing about Korean winter. It isn't objectively that cold (even up in Seoul :colbert: ) but it's the pervasiveness of it since you're always in completely uninsulated cinderblock and concrete boxes. If a heater is on, the Koreans will either open the windows in order to ensure it doesn't actually heat anything or have it cranked so it's 100 degrees indoors while everyone is still wearing three coats.

Again, Ulsan. Fromage you grew up 40 minutes from me. Saying Seoul doesn't get cold is just contrarian nonsense.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Again, Ulsan. Fromage you grew up 40 minutes from me. Saying Seoul doesn't get cold is just contrarian nonsense.

:parrot:

edit:
https://www.facebook.com/kakaofriends/videos/929565773823755/
there's a new kakao friend, and he's a fuccboi.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 26, 2016

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

AmbientParadox posted:

:parrot:

edit:
https://www.facebook.com/kakaofriends/videos/929565773823755/
there's a new kakao friend, and he's a fuccboi.

Oh my god

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Hello, Ryan!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Oh my god

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^
Daegu Ryan is gonna be pissed someone's coming at his crown...

I wish I could somehow import kakao emoticons into regular texting in the US. I need more Dejecteddog in my life.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

All you need is Banao, loving heretics

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^
Daegu Ryan is gonna be pissed someone's coming at his crown...

I wish I could somehow import kakao emoticons into regular texting in the US. I need more Dejecteddog in my life.

I am Daegu Ryan, and I approve this emoji.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I always mix up yours and Ian's SA name, which is weird because you two act and post completely differently.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Bugblatter posted:

I am Daegu Ryan, and I approve this emoji.
Hello, Ryan!

I don't even know who's who.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could keep up with chat but my phone (no one buy microsoft phones) is so poo poo that the Kakao chat causes it to hang for four or five minutes before opening.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

I wish I could keep up with chat but my phone (no one buy microsoft phones) is so poo poo that the Kakao chat causes it to hang for four or five minutes before opening.

Why the gently caress are you using a Microsoft phone? Just buy a Nexus 5x. They're only like $300

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I am way to amused by this

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 31, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Please use timg BBcode! :argh:

Also, hello Ryan!

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
Which is your favourite Hello! Ryan emoticon?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
No idea because I don't own it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Long weekend coming up. Any thing that can be done for a day or so? I'm not sure how free I / others will be, so~