Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

The two things are not mutually exclusive
Fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One time my sister tweeted at Cher that she hated her own body image cuz she has no self confidence and Cher tweeted her back with encouraging messages so Cher is cool in my book

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://webm.land/media/tmp/28c85998-43eb-49a1-8dd9-b614843e90f6.webm

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh hey we can embed webms. Nice.

Good choice of your first one. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I've been listening to old episodes since I have a gap on thursday for listening. Man, Woolie was always backwards with logic huh. Episode 10, Woolie can't understand how a game developer might struggle making a good game from scratch 9 months after putting out 5 different console versions.

Also cringed a bit when they got super hyped for Telltales Game of Thrones. Whoops.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I've not watched a lot of the SBF back catalog and youtube suggested one of their creepy anime bullshits, the DOAX2 one.

it's real good, I lost it at matt saying "loogidder tits goin' nutsssssss" as tina's right boob just defies gravity and flaps up and down in the breeze, the PROTOTYPE XBOX followed by immediately trashing it, killing tina by throwing her off the water slide, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-iq4d5QJA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Goddammit Alan Rickman just kicked it too. :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only reason the guys should get anima is to see it's overdrive which is some of the coolest poo poo ever.

But if I recall you have to fight Anima at one point or another so we might see it anyway so farttt. Only downside to not getting it in the LP is I'm sure there's jokes to be had about that summon actually being Seymours mom which might of spawned funny art.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I ration my podcast throughout the week when I'm working stable hours, so I just wanted to say AWFUL BLOCK YOU SHOULD WATCH THE AWFUL BLOCK OF AGDQ THIS YEAR

I'm done.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lagoon was... special.
All fire is truth fire.

Can't believe I played and enjoyed this as a kid.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

So I've not watched a lot of the SBF back catalog and youtube suggested one of their creepy anime bullshits, the DOAX2 one.

it's real good, I lost it at matt saying "loogidder tits goin' nutsssssss" as tina's right boob just defies gravity and flaps up and down in the breeze, the PROTOTYPE XBOX followed by immediately trashing it, killing tina by throwing her off the water slide, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-iq4d5QJA

Still one of my favourite SBF videos.

"Eating the nail polish is the only way off New Zack Island!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Hitman is now the first official triple-A Episodic game. Details here: http://gematsu.com/2016/01/hitman-now-fully-episodic-launches-prologue-one-location

Basically, no different than buying the full game if you pay 60 bucks, but the full game won't be all there until the end of 2016.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 doesn't count as an AAA game? It was developed by Capcom's main studio. It also turned out to be one of the best RE games in years.

edit: Of course, it has the same amount of episodes and only ended up costing 30 dollars, so the pricing model is a bit shittier on Hitman.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 doesn't count as an AAA game? It was developed by Capcom's main studio.

AAA is more of a budget thing than a developer thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, fair enough. There hasn't been a good Hitman game in a long time anyway so hopefully they use the episodic model as a "return to form" what with more big, open areas and so on. One good thing about the older Hitman games is that they had a lot of replay value based mostly on the level design, which games like Absolution lack a bit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 doesn't count as an AAA game? It was developed by Capcom's main studio. It also turned out to be one of the best RE games in years.

edit: Of course, it has the same amount of episodes and only ended up costing 30 dollars, so the pricing model is a bit shittier on Hitman.

Revelations 2 is basically a fraction of the size of Resident Evil 4. The budget on that game was not high at all, most likely.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I distinction of AAA is so nebulous that the term is pretty much worthless. I remember a Microsoft job listing asking for developers for their next AAAA game. Call of Duty is AAA but Dark Souls isn't despite both being $60 console games. Don't even get me started on Double Fine being adamant about how they are a Indie Developer.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 14, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Triple a is the budget of the game. Any other definition is some misused meaning. Garden warfare is not a triple a game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
what a useless term

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm loving the legit hype crawling into the Naruto LP. Poor Woolie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm telling ya, this can only end with a Boruto Lets Watch or a Naruto manga spoilercast. This spring get ready for Woolie talking about the Boruto manga every other week.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Triple a is the budget of the game. Any other definition is some misused meaning. Garden warfare is not a triple a game.
Oh wow I made a

Plants vs zombies?

Joke but turns out that's the actual name lol. I thought you were making a call of duty joke.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

Oh wow I made a

Plants vs zombies?

Joke but turns out that's the actual name lol. I thought you were making a call of duty joke.

It's just the same ol' left trigger, right trigger

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It turns out that Button Bashers is legit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwks36831wc

quote:

So stop button bashing just pass the pad, pass the pad, pass the pad
Stop chattin poo poo just pass the pad, pass the pad, pass the pad
Hey no it's winner stays on blud pass the pad, pass the pad, pass the pad
Don't be a prick blud pass the pad, pass the pad, pass the pad

A couple Dizzee songs were in The Kingsmen

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Foxhound posted:

I'm loving the legit hype crawling into the Naruto LP. Poor Woolie.

Seriously, it's making me want to watch Naruto, and I've never even watched it before.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I guess we really were the fighting dreamers

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oli oli oli oh just go my waaaaaayyyyy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first Naruto ED is p legit tho

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Seriously, it's making me want to watch Naruto, and I've never even watched it before.

Stop after the timeskip, skip any episodes involving the third Hokage's grandson and/or Ebisu(?). I mean, if you want the best Naruto has to offer, rather than the worst it has to offer. Although that might be the appeal?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Stop after the timeskip, skip any episodes involving the third Hokage's grandson and/or Ebisu(?). I mean, if you want the best Naruto has to offer, rather than the worst it has to offer. Although that might be the appeal?

Right up the timeskip is like three years of filler so

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd take large swaths of that filler over the last 4 arcs (7 years?) of the manga.

Dark confession time fuckers, what did you mark out more at in Fighting DREAMERS as Babby Animes, the kimono montage or the Itachi Eye moneyshot

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Remember when the guy from the first chapter turned into a tiger

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Remember that one filler arc that tried to treat hinata like a character

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The tea race

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Right up the timeskip is like three years of filler so

Avoiding filler should be an unspoken rule.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ruggington posted:

Remember that one filler arc that tried to treat hinata like a character

I didn't see the fillers but kinda assumed that was one third of 'em. Just straight up some production people going "well Hinata is top tier waifu while Sakura is poo poo, so focus filler money to Hinata"
I saw the Road to Ninja movie on a whim a few years ago and was shocked at how much more awful Sakura was in the anime, like straight up telling "man, my parents love me so much it's embarrassing, wouldn't it be awesome not to deal with parents?" right to Naruto's loving face.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sakura a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

I'd take large swaths of that filler over the last 4 arcs (7 years?) of the manga.

Dark confession time fuckers, what did you mark out more at in Fighting DREAMERS as Babby Animes, the kimono montage or the Itachi Eye moneyshot

the fight scene in the second version of it