Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Isn't road to ninja the movie about Dark Naruto teaming up with Obito or something

I've never seen any of the Shippuden movies other than The Last or vanilla movie 3. Considering one of the Ship movies apparently has an honest to god Zero Tails I can't say I regret that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The only part of Naruto im interested in now is Shippuden. I really want to know what happens, and now reading a silly summary of it wont do.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I might end up reading Naruto out of boredom one of these days and it will be YOUR FAULT

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

At the end of Naruto briefly befriends the guy who murdered his family and caused most of the plot and they team up to fight a space alien

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

At the end of Naruto briefly befriends the guy who murdered his family and caused most of the plot and they team up to fight a space alien

I KNOW IT'S GREAT

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiDXEOBXps

spoilers for the LP, I guess?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He really was the coolest guy

god drat it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

yeah here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiDXEOBXps

spoilers for the LP, I guess?

Yeah I checked because I forgot. It's a strong choice but alas cannot defeat Anko

Few things can

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Rodyle posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The funniest thing about naruto is still the bort gaiden up to the last two chapters

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So technically various parts of the storyline can be blamed on Orochimaru, The Ultra Mysterious Masked Man, Spiral Eye Big Boss, Kabuto, and Madara Uchiha

But all of the above (who aside from Madara are all forgiven) are actually being manipulated by a pile of goo which lives in the armpit of a space alien which it was trying to resurrect.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

That's how most Final Fantasies end, tbf.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know I would call "eternal house arrest" a forgiveness so much as the only way to jail a nearly immortal mad scientist snake man

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also sympathetic backstoried, redeemed and befriended: 8 giant monsters made of pure evil, and one giant monster who just likes bad rapping.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh yeah and I guess large parts of the plot are also Danzo's fault

But literally who cares about Danzo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

Oh yeah and I guess large parts of the plot are also Danzo's fault

But literally who cares about Danzo

Absolutely no one

doos
Jan 1, 2015

This sounds loving magical. How come no one mentions how beautifully absurd this all is? And why is Woolie all weirded out by Naruto in a city when there's aliens?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sharingarm

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

one giant monster who just likes bad rapping.

there's a best friend joke here but I'm not sure who should eat it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guess I shouldn't have taken that bit from Liam as an actual hint of the next Wooliam LP, I was way off.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

doos posted:

This sounds loving magical. How come no one mentions how beautifully absurd this all is? And why is Woolie all weirded out by Naruto in a city when there's aliens?

Because he stopped way before any of this stuff came up and barely remembers what he originally read

(also the answer to the city thing is "movies are non-canon")

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh my god does Naruto actually befriend the fox spirit living in captivity in his stomach? Cause that's already retarded. I thought he stole it's chakra or something because gently caress you you're in my stomach for the foreseeable future.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

doos posted:

Because they don't know, they don't know any of it, only Woolie made it to part 2 and even he barely scratched the surface

You want cities? Spiral Eye Big Boss (well his plan is really Hot Coldman's but) lives in City of Lost Children

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Phantasium posted:

Guess I shouldn't have taken that bit from Liam as an actual hint of the next Wooliam LP, I was way off.

This is the best possible outcome

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Oh my god does Naruto actually befriend the fox spirit living in captivity in his stomach? Cause that's already retarded. I thought he stole it's chakra or something because gently caress you you're in my stomach for the foreseeable future.

Kurama also becomes less evil/cool looking as he is befriended and also as he becomes small potatoes compared to THE TRUE MASTERMINDS

In The Last, Naruto and friends go through an underground river which takes them to the Moon, where Lelouch vi Britannia is using his eyes to bombard the Earth with meteorites.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Yes and he uses the energy to go super saiyan

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rodyle posted:

Isn't road to ninja the movie about Dark Naruto teaming up with Obito or something

I've never seen any of the Shippuden movies other than The Last or vanilla movie 3. Considering one of the Ship movies apparently has an honest to god Zero Tails I can't say I regret that

Okay, so after Sakura rants about how much having parents sucks because they love you so much and keep you with all the company you need and more Naruto goes to his apartment and mopes for the obvious reasons, then he goes over to a park to mope under the stars and Sakura joins him because she went "gently caress YOU, MOM!" and ran away. Then Obito comes over and uses the prototype Moon Sharingan Eye Plan which is a crystal orb that sends Naruto and Sakura to this alternate world where most of the characters' personalities are reversed (sasuke doesn't care for revenge or being a ninja and has a ton of girlfriends, hinata is outspoken and violent and wears revealing clothes, kiba likes cats, bug guy hates bugs, etc.) everyone thinks Naruto is Dark Naruto and Naruto and Sakura get exactly what they want: parents/not having parents. Sakura becomes a Naruto-like slob and eats canned fruit nonstop in her apartment and Naruto gets all the love he wanted with no repercussions whatsoever. Sakura realizes that parents are kinda nice to have and that she's lonely, she sees that playboy Sasuke doesn't really like her and then the whole akatsuki attack (this takes place when the real ones are mostly all dead) dark naruto comes over and the fight gets fightier and while questioning how does that make sense because dark naruto is fantasy minato and kushina's child there's no dark Sakura so all the plotholes pile up and destroy the fantasy world while Obito goes "yup, testrun failed but got data" but in its final moments Naruto got to Dark Naruto and then Dark Naruto went back to hug his real fantasy family before they faded out of existence. Naruto and Sakura then went for ramen after essentially having a bad trip.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Of course he befriends the fox spirit, this is a shonen series

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

This is after he gets a power up that turns him into a frog man and before he becomes the reincarnation of ninja jesus

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the game volume on this metal slug LP is overwhelming

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hmm I just realized I apparently have no idea what Naruto is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All of this, incidentally, is why Pat and Woolie talking about Orochimaru and Sarutobi's "kage level battle" is so god drat funny

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Sharingarm

God drat it's been loving years since I heard about this and it still sends me into a fit of laughter every time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat talking about how Minato's yellow flash is bullshit unbeatable

Hell, loving Pein's plan to make Outer Heaven no Jutsu is laughable compared to the poo poo in that last arc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

All of this, incidentally, is why Pat and Woolie talking about Orochimaru and Sarutobi's "kage level battle" is so god drat funny

Yeah it kind of makes Sarutobi look like a complete clown in hindsight

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah it kind of makes Sarutobi look like a complete clown in hindsight

Sarutobi is made into a lot of things via hindsight

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Eventually everybody with a sharingan gets the ability to summon stands and they gave stand battles

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There was also a part where all the old Kage's come back as zombies to help Naruto and they all have ridiculous powers.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

FauxGateau posted:

Hmm I just realized I apparently have no idea what Naruto is.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rhonne posted:

There was also a part where all the old Kage's come back as zombies to help Naruto and they all have ridiculous powers.

The old kages, every other character in the manga, and also a lot of characters who NEVER appeared in the manga before that

"The most dangerous generation of the 7 Swordsmen!" loving WHO?