Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It's supposed to be a criticism of the NRA's stranglehold on Congress, but... Yeah, I can see why some might see it at face value just as a simple message of "the NRA protects our rights".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Man, you guys just AGC'd for the wrong team.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Critiquing terrible metaphors is a harsh mistress.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If Branco had done the exact same cartoon, then we'd all be talking about how atrocious it is right now.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AGC'ing for the wrong side is called ABC'ing and is common thread practice. Rogers screwed that one up.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Wanamingo posted:

If Branco had done the exact same cartoon, then we'd all be talking about how atrocious it is right now.

Branco's art is ugly enough to justify it.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Obama's most notable achievement is inspiring Clint Eastwood's unhinged rant at the Republican National Convention. AGC.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mellow Seas posted:

AGC'ing for the wrong side is called ABC'ing and is common thread practice. Rogers screwed that one up.

Are ABCS eligible for Gaybies?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Elissimpark posted:

Love they use this image - rather than the one of US dudes lounging in a carpeted room and being served roti. Hmmm...

Seriously, this story is absolutely remarkable as a demonstration of the benefits of improved relations with Iran. An American ship goes into Iranian territorial waters and is immediately boarded by the Iranians who quite justifiably want to know what the gently caress is going on, the Americans explain what happened and their story checks out, so the Iranians say,"Okay cool, hang out while we organize getting you back home" and everybody chills out until that happens.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah I'm so afraid of the Forestry Service, you know the service that lets ranchers plant whatever seeds they want for their cattle to eat which means I have to carry a protonpack full of herbicides to fight an unwinnable war against Smooth Brome in Bryce Canyon National Park

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
New comic by Eli Valley:

:nws: http://www.dailydot.com/lol/donald-trump-big-advantage/ :nws:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This is an amazing pro-click.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Everything about this is perfect and has the race pegged.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Met posted:

Man, you guys just AGC'd for the wrong team.

Mellow Seas posted:

The only thing that can stop a Bad Cartoon about guns is a Good Cartoon about guns.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on immigration and asylum policy – The Kangaroo in ‘heartbreaking’ viral photographs with an injured female might have been responsible for her death while attempting to mate with her"

Telegraph:

Tim Peake set for historic spacewalk

Independent:

To the tune of "Jerusalem".

Times:

IAAF: Lord Coe backed despite damning report of athletics body

Mail:
Mac on...the Lottery (Also Dogs can read human emotions)

Mac on... Bosses spying on their employee's private communications

'Good evening. I'm your husband's boss. Poor you. I happen to know he's spending the night with Gloria from sales and marketing.'

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Here are the rest of the panels censored

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What a "delightful" and "whimsical" joke Mac

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

I dson't really understand... doesn't England have a national anthem already? What is "Rule Britannia," then?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Cloud Potato posted:

'Good evening. I'm your husband's boss. Poor you. I happen to know he's spending the night with Gloria from sales and marketing.'

No one does this. Can we, as a culture, get over this idea that people answer the door in too-small towels when they don't know who it is? Especially women alone in the house?

resurgam40 posted:

I dson't really understand... doesn't England have a national anthem already? What is "Rule Britannia," then?

The UK does. After the bid for Scottish Independence England has been doing a bunch of stuff about how if Scotland gets to be devolved then England should be devolved too, as if England isn't the seat of power for the UK government and in possession of a ridiculous majority in population and government seats. Hence "we need an English anthem, Scotland has an anthem"

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did a thing happen in baseball or something?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Look at the URL. Did he gently caress up the K and just angrily write a new K over it rather than remove the mistake?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

This is a tepid cartoon but I really love both Rubio and Jeb.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

That mouth... the horror....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerusalem posted:

31 million people watched the State of the Union.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

death world tour winter 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Xanderkish posted:

Also he's inaccurate. Technically the fall killed him :v:

RIP Alan Rickman and your long weird arms

I can't help but read this all in an exaggerated Louie Anderson voice rather than Trump's

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 15, 2016

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

alnilam posted:

That mouth... the horror....

What lies at the center of the Venn diagram for racist caricatures and Krampus monsters.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, this story is absolutely remarkable as a demonstration of the benefits of improved relations with Iran. An American ship goes into Iranian territorial waters and is immediately boarded by the Iranians who quite justifiably want to know what the gently caress is going on, the Americans explain what happened and their story checks out, so the Iranians say,"Okay cool, hang out while we organize getting you back home" and everybody chills out until that happens.

Yeah but now the talking point (which Ted Cruz mentioned first thing in the debate) is that Iran released a video of the sailors apologizing which makes America look weak and pathetic and every other country is laughing at us and it'll make our enemies think they can push us around because Iran did it.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Jerusalem posted:

31 million people watched the State of the Union.

Margical credit where marginal credit is due: if the stats I'm looking at can be trusted, viewership numbers were comparatively low this year. I can excuse a rash of "nobody watched the SotU" cartoons when I look at it like that.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I didn't see this real-life political cartoon get posted yet (sorry if it was and I missed it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

Ameritude.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Saint Sputnik posted:

RIP Alan Rickman and your long weird arms

That was Robocop

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah but now the talking point (which Ted Cruz mentioned first thing in the debate) is that Iran released a video of the sailors apologizing which makes America look weak and pathetic and every other country is laughing at us and it'll make our enemies think they can push us around because Iran did it.

This is breaking my brain. Like, after decades of various international shenanigans, its a pissy apology from a bunch of dudes accidentally being where they shouldn't have been that's going to change how the rest of the world looks at the US.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

duz posted:

That was Robocop

And here I was, feeling bad for always confusing Alan Rickman with David Warner.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

I didn't see this real-life political cartoon get posted yet (sorry if it was and I missed it.)

Ameritude.

If not for Smash Mouth's Under Pressure cover, this would be the biggest musical crime of the week.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog did a person died cartoon:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

VoidBurger posted:

Ameritude.

I don't even think it's even possible to satirize something like that. How could any part of it possibly be more exaggerated?

I am generally surprised that there was even one black person visible in the crowd, much less two.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:eyepoop: Goddamn that's a racist caricature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

duz posted:

That was Robocop

No no, it was the part where he said "Yippie-kai-yay, creep" and threw him out a window to stop Skynet, then the dad from Family Matters said something about being too old for this poo poo, freeze frame, roll credits. I remember it pretty vividly.

• Locked thread