Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

If anyone asks this is why I quit GW2.

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Please spend your big fancy american dollars here so I can resume buying clothes and books and milk from the usa

Tell me that America is the greatest country in the world and I will consider buying Canadian goods

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why buy milk from the usa when canada has milk in bags

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

why buy milk from the usa when canada has milk in bags

dude a 4 litre jug is like a quarter of the cost there when our dollar isn't going down faster than Tacitus' mom

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

They released some details about the Shatterer update, I had no idea that the reason most of its attacks were missing or completely ineffectual was because it was susceptible to blind, that's hilarious

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, there is/was a legendary collection item tied to getting hit by one of it's attacks, and there were loads of complaints on reddit because no-one ever actually got hit, so they couldn't get it. It's fantastic.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Illuyankas posted:

They released some details about the Shatterer update, I had no idea that the reason most of its attacks were missing or completely ineffectual was because it was susceptible to blind, that's hilarious

Is that update live? Because I did Shat earlier today, and it felt way shorter than usual. maybe more deeps, dunno

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

mike12345 posted:

Is that update live? Because I did Shat earlier today, and it felt way shorter than usual. maybe more deeps, dunno

Shat update is coming in the update on the 26th.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Not yet, it's part of the 26/1 patch that adds gliding everywhere.

Speaking of gliding, I can think of one area I really hope they don't make a no-fly zone golden coins

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

dude a 4 litre jug is like a quarter of the cost there when our dollar isn't going down faster than Tacitus' mom

My mom's activities are her own private business.

Unlike your mom, who just walks into the Maple Leaf's locker room and chainblows all the players.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Illuyankas posted:

This explains so much. I've been doing Shatner for years and I have never once ever been hit by an attack that I was aware of, or couldn't be attributed to a minion.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The Leafs? lmao.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
The guys who made the launch fights must have been bad devs. Because it something the game been better at for the most part lately.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think they probably designed bosses around small groups leveling in the area and running over to help with the big event starting up.

They probably didn't plan for 150 people to show up to the frozen maw the instant it spawned on a timer and shoot it with so many things that everyone had 10 FPS, then moving onto the next boss as it spawns.

Every boss lately has the zerg split into 3 or more teams to ease the load on the server and make each individual person feel like they contributed instead of just being lost in a huge crowd.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 14, 2016

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
No poo poo, just this week I realized there were big crystal pylons that popped up around the field when the Shatterer went into no-sell mode. Sight lines on that fight are goddamn awful.

MooCowlian posted:

The Leafs? lmao.

I'd have gone with the Senators.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Phaneuf sucks enough for the whole team

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Bieeardo posted:

No poo poo, just this week I realized there were big crystal pylons that popped up around the field when the Shatterer went into no-sell mode. Sight lines on that fight are goddamn awful.

I'd have gone with the Senators.

Originally they were right in front of him, they'd have a lot less health and they'd heal him a lot slower. Now they restore about 30-50% of his health before they all vanish anyway, which just delays the event cause no ones goes around to kill them cause it's too much effort. Now if once they appeared they all had to be destroyed, that would have been more engaging, but I'm happy to wait for my jump pads

Also are you talking about a sport invented when Canada realised they wanted to play a boring English game but couldn't afford heated grass

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Also are you talking about a sport invented when Canada realised they wanted to play a boring English game but couldn't afford heated grass

You mean the greatest sport in the world, you're god drat right

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Hey enough talk about ice soccer, let's keep the thread on topic and about how the new shatterer requires gliding. Oh you might not need it to participate but no filthy f2ps are gonna complete the meta achievement.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

You mean the greatest sport in the world, you're god drat right

sPvP?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The decoration restriction in the upper area of the Gilded Hollow has been removed.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Hey enough talk about ice soccer, let's keep the thread on topic and about how the new shatterer requires gliding. Oh you might not need it to participate but no filthy f2ps are gonna complete the meta achievement.

I'm not sure I like the trend of old-world content being changed to require the expansion like fractals and now shatterer.

Really should be a way for none-HoT players to be able to unlock central tyria masteries and I have no idea what they have planned for a expansion down the road if you have to unlock gliding in heart of thorns content.

The most sense would be to earn exp for any mastery anywhere without having to be in specific areas to grind it out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How in the world would you read that article and think that gliding was required to beat the shatterer? It's just something you can do. And it's pretty smart to make the plebs watch us glide, i bet xpac sales go up a lot once they see how cool it is.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have no idea what they have planned for a expansion down the road if you have to unlock gliding in heart of thorns content.

Hard to glide underwater :v:

Eltoasto posted:

How in the world would you read that article and think that gliding was required to beat the shatterer? It's just something you can do. And it's pretty smart to make the plebs watch us glide, i bet xpac sales go up a lot once they see how cool it is.

Reread the post.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Eltoasto posted:

How can you read my post and think I said that? I said they won't be able to complete the meta achievement because there will no doubt be an achievement for bombing shatterer.

Unless this isn't directed at me in which case :shrug:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I was responding to Rasputin. Locking the meta behind it is meh, I'd rather it not be since it's pretty meaningless and nobody is going to buy the xpac in order to complete one meta.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The decoration restriction in the upper area of the Gilded Hollow has been removed.

OKAY FINE I'LL FIX IT

EDIT: Holy crap there's a lot of new stuff to see up in the top of the hall. You can get to the current snow road from the pvp arena by gliding towards spawn, hit that up before I tear it all down and choose a new route this weekend!

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 15, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Priapus Unbound posted:

OKAY FINE I'LL FIX IT

:sun:

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Please spend your big fancy american dollars here so I can resume buying clothes and books and milk from the usa

100% serious, today's country-theme in the cafeteria for lunch was Canada, so they had poutine (but with lame melted cheddar instead of cheese curds), and it was p okay. Also some French-named thing that was basically an herby fried chicken breast that was also p good. And then a bunch of us training folk talked about hockey. And the whole time all I could think to myself was "gently caress Arus."

That's my Canada story.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm not sure I like the trend of old-world content being changed to require the expansion like fractals and now shatterer.

Really should be a way for none-HoT players to be able to unlock central tyria masteries and I have no idea what they have planned for a expansion down the road if you have to unlock gliding in heart of thorns content.

The most sense would be to earn exp for any mastery anywhere without having to be in specific areas to grind it out.

I have good news! You don't need masteries to run fractals, and you won't need to be able to glide to kill the new Shatterer!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Don't you need masteries to make fractals actually profitable though

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Cyron posted:

The guys who made the launch fights must have been bad devs. Because it something the game been better at for the most part lately.
To be honest, the only real flaw in the original Shatterer fight is that there's no damage field around it to prevent people doing exactly what we do now (like the one the Claw of Jormag has). It hits pretty hard, when it hits anything, but it was clearly designed to be attacked head-on and it shows.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Xun posted:

Don't you need masteries to make fractals actually profitable though

Not even remotely

What the fractal masteries do, in order:

1) Get an extra daily recommended fractal scale in the 20s or 30s, and an extra shop with neat things
2) Get more +1 Infusions if you get hit with Agony a bunch. Can attune rings to have an extra infusion slot
3) Get a couple extra +1 Infusions from fractal encryptions
4) Be able to get a buff from things in fractals that saves you once when you go down

+1 Infusions are one of the least profitable parts of fractals these days, for reference

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 15, 2016

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
When is HoT going to go on sale?

Even then I'm just going to be paying the normal price in USD, still :smithicide:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

U.T. Raptor posted:

To be honest, the only real flaw in the original Shatterer fight is that there's no damage field around it to prevent people doing exactly what we do now (like the one the Claw of Jormag has). It hits pretty hard, when it hits anything, but it was clearly designed to be attacked head-on and it shows.

:wtc:

The last thing we need more of are exciting lame "whack some adds/structures for 90% of the fight" encounters.

Never design MMOs please.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

orcane posted:

:wtc:

The last thing we need more of are exciting lame "whack some adds/structures for 90% of the fight" encounters.

Never design MMOs please.

Low-involvement fights like Shat (now) have its place, ideally they'd exist along more challenging content.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Mewnie posted:

Even then I'm just going to be paying the normal price in USD, still :smithicide:

It's currently on sale on DLGamer. I know I've seen it lower than that. So you may want to hold on a bit if you're not in a hurry.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mewnie posted:

Look for the pre-release disc version on amazon and on discount in bricks and mortar, it's now just ordinary HOT without any extras, my copy was half price.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
250 INCREASE IN FEROCITY AFTER SWAPPING TO AIR ATTUNEMENT WITH FRESH AIR TRAITED?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Alacrity changing from 66% faster recharge to 33%. Chronomancer is DEAD.

• Locked thread