Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Spiteski posted:

A comedy where someone in a cell is talking to the hero as they're walking away, in typical good guy talks to incarcerated bad guy fashion. Ends up walking out of cell easily while talking. Realises and makes his way back in to cell, like "whoops, I'll just go back in here".
Maybe early 2000s?

There's this from Hot Shots: Part Deux, but I feel like I remember something closer to what you're describing, but can't quite place it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

donquixotic posted:

No it was definitely a gangster film - truth be told I'm sure the memory of it is probably a mish-mash of five different memories. Thanks anyway

Tango & Cash

https://youtu.be/VVAVuuRSBIc?t=35s

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This doesn't have anyone walking out of a cell and then walking back in though :confused:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Spiteski posted:

A comedy where someone in a cell is talking to the hero as they're walking away, in typical good guy talks to incarcerated bad guy fashion. Ends up walking out of cell easily while talking. Realises and makes his way back in to cell, like "whoops, I'll just go back in here".
Maybe early 2000s?

I feel like it's one of the Austin Powers movies, but couldn't tell you which

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Spiteski posted:

Maybe early 2000s?

My Blue Heaven

It's probably that but it also reminded me of this Roger Rabbit scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mU0HfI2jQ

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Slugworth posted:

I feel like it's one of the Austin Powers movies, but couldn't tell you which

I thought this too as I was thinking about it, only had the first two on dvd to check though. Could be goldmember.
I'll check out My Blue Heaven at the dvd store and see if that was it.

Also thanks for making me want to watch hot shots again. Never seen them too many times.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Ha ha ha loving ha. It turns out it was a memory of an Englishman in a cheesy 80s American thriller and not a gangster film I never would've remembered this.

Thanks a lot, that's solved that mystery.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spiteski posted:

Maybe early 2000s?

I don't think this is literally the movie you're looking for but I swear something very similar happened in one of the Hot Shots! movies. (Edit; woops, beaten)

codyclarke posted:

Knew it right away! Just always remembered that trailer, it stuck with me for some reason.

Heh, it didn't occur to me that you actually remembered the title of the movie.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Spiteski posted:

I thought this too as I was thinking about it, only had the first two on dvd to check though. Could be goldmember.
I'll check out My Blue Heaven at the dvd store and see if that was it.

Also thanks for making me want to watch hot shots again. Never seen them too many times.

I got curious and looked into it, it definitely happens in Goldmember. The scene is available on YouTube.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Slugworth posted:

I got curious and looked into it, it definitely happens in Goldmember. The scene is available on YouTube.

Was meaning to get back and confirm, I too found that scene and it was the very one I was after.
Thanks all who helped.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I have a mental image of a guy putting a pill in his mouth and either biting it or cracking his neck - either way there's a noise to emphasise that he's taken it. I think he's a villain and he maybe takes the pill out of a metal case but I can't be certain.

I'm pretty sure it's an action film and probably one I've seen a load of times but I'm drawing a blank.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pilchenstein posted:

I have a mental image of a guy putting a pill in his mouth and either biting it or cracking his neck - either way there's a noise to emphasise that he's taken it. I think he's a villain and he maybe takes the pill out of a metal case but I can't be certain.

I'm pretty sure it's an action film and probably one I've seen a load of times but I'm drawing a blank.

This happened in Jessica Jones if you've seen that recently.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Pilchenstein posted:

Leon the Professional, it's Gary Oldman.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Could be Dr No, I think a guy has a cyanide capsule in his cigarette case.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I saw this animated film when I was a kid on TV, basically it was about a girl who lived in the sewers with her mother and father, all they had was a bed they all would sleep in together. She went on some kind of weird adventure one night going to different parties, one was of a bunch of rich people. In the end she collapses of cold or hunger, and people find her and bring food to her family in the end.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

shadowvine118 posted:

I saw this animated film when I was a kid on TV, basically it was about a girl who lived in the sewers with her mother and father, all they had was a bed they all would sleep in together. She went on some kind of weird adventure one night going to different parties, one was of a bunch of rich people. In the end she collapses of cold or hunger, and people find her and bring food to her family in the end.

the little match girl?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

computer parts posted:

This happened in Jessica Jones if you've seen that recently.

punchymcpunch posted:

Could be Dr No, I think a guy has a cyanide capsule in his cigarette case.
I watched Jessica Jones not long back and Dr No was on the telly recently so maybe it's one of them that put the thought in my head but it was definitely:

morestuff posted:

Leon the Professional, it's Gary Oldman.
As soon as I read that it (mostly) came back to me - he's just about to kill Natalie Portman's family and he says something about Beethoven. I guess I know what I'm watching this weekend, cheers all. :v:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

What I remember: the short film is set in Taiwan (?), about two folks who are sorta/kinda romantically involved. The little bridge over the highway where they met is being torn down due to the rapid pace of construction in the city.

The title is something like "The Walking Bridge Has Disappeared" or "The Disappearing Sky Bridge", but for the life of me I cannot remember exactly what, and no amount of Googling has yielded results.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/7e/4d/00010377.0002.gif

What is this from

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dead Alive AKA Braindead by Peter Jackson

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A Christmas movie they used to show on TV all the time in the late 80s/early 90s (may have been made for TV). All I remember is a teeneager dressed in a cheap angel outfit leading a bunch of poor/diwntrodden kids to "heaven" which was an old clubhouse recreation center type place with a neon "HEAVEN" sign on it.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A TV show from probably the 90s that was shocking video footage of shocking things - this was like a really tame Faces of Death since it was on in the middle of the day. One of the videos was of an arsonist admiring a building on fire and another was two teenagers breaking into someone's house and completely destroying it - knocking out walls and smashing windows and the whole thing is accompanied by a dramatic voice-over that let's us know what happened to the arsonist or the teenage vandals.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

donquixotic posted:

A TV show from probably the 90s that was shocking video footage of shocking things - this was like a really tame Faces of Death since it was on in the middle of the day. One of the videos was of an arsonist admiring a building on fire and another was two teenagers breaking into someone's house and completely destroying it - knocking out walls and smashing windows and the whole thing is accompanied by a dramatic voice-over that let's us know what happened to the arsonist or the teenage vandals.

Sounds like one of Fox's "World's Most Shocking" series/specials. The kind that were hosted by John Bunnell.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Hey thanks a lot, that man's voice is instantly recognisable so the moment I heard I his voice I knew you were right. Thanks again.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I'm looking for an indie film that I saw on Netflix maybe 3-4 years ago.

It was about a woman who moved to Oregon (Eugene I think) with her husband. All of the husband's friends live there so he's very happy, but the wife is very introverted and awkward and does not get along. Soon she gets gets a divorce and tries to make it on her own, so she starts working at an ice cream store and meets a new goth friend.

The most striking thing I remember was at the beginning, which began with a flashforward where the wife wipes period blood on a lady at the supermarket.

Anyone remember this film?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

giogadi posted:

I'm looking for an indie film that I saw on Netflix maybe 3-4 years ago.

It was about a woman who moved to Oregon (Eugene I think) with her husband. All of the husband's friends live there so he's very happy, but the wife is very introverted and awkward and does not get along. Soon she gets gets a divorce and tries to make it on her own, so she starts working at an ice cream store and meets a new goth friend.

The most striking thing I remember was at the beginning, which began with a flashforward where the wife wipes period blood on a lady at the supermarket.

Anyone remember this film?

A buddy of mine had a hate-love obsession with this movie for a while, but he's asleep. I can't remember the title, but I'm sure he will. So, the answer is forthcoming!

Edit: He woke up. It's called Rid of Me!

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 18, 2016

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

codyclarke posted:

A buddy of mine had a hate-love obsession with this movie for a while, but he's asleep. I can't remember the title, but I'm sure he will. So, the answer is forthcoming!

Edit: He woke up. It's called Rid of Me!

YESSSSSS thanks for this! I thought the lead did a great job in this movie, but she hasn't seemed to land anything since. I was thinking about this because today I saw her play an extra on an episode of Portlandia. Hopefully she gets her big break one day.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Toph Bei Fong posted:

What I remember: the short film is set in Taiwan (?), about two folks who are sorta/kinda romantically involved. The little bridge over the highway where they met is being torn down due to the rapid pace of construction in the city.

The title is something like "The Walking Bridge Has Disappeared" or "The Disappearing Sky Bridge", but for the life of me I cannot remember exactly what, and no amount of Googling has yielded results.

Ming-liang Tsai's The Skywalk is Gone, a short film that comes between What Time Is It There? and The Wayward Cloud.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

FitFortDanga posted:

Ming-liang Tsai's The Skywalk is Gone, a short film that comes between What Time Is It There? and The Wayward Cloud.

Awesome! Thanks you so much!!

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

ladron posted:

the little match girl?

I don't think so. It took place in modern time, and she didn't die in the end.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I was just rewatching The Man Who Fell To Earth, as I'm sure a lot of people are, and the song "Try To Remember" is on the soundtrack and it just made me think of some other instance of this song being used but I can't think where. The wiki page mentions The Muppet Show but that's not it, I was thinking The Simpsons but that brings up nothing and a lot of googling has been fruitless as I feel searching for "try to remember" gives too many varying results and it's driving me nuts hearing the line "Try to remember the kind of September ..." in my head.

I feel this may be a case of me associating things in my head that had no actual association outside me.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

donquixotic posted:

I was just rewatching The Man Who Fell To Earth, as I'm sure a lot of people are, and the song "Try To Remember" is on the soundtrack and it just made me think of some other instance of this song being used but I can't think where. The wiki page mentions The Muppet Show but that's not it, I was thinking The Simpsons but that brings up nothing and a lot of googling has been fruitless as I feel searching for "try to remember" gives too many varying results and it's driving me nuts hearing the line "Try to remember the kind of September ..." in my head.

I feel this may be a case of me associating things in my head that had no actual association outside me.

Although not exhaustive, IMDB lists soundtrack credits, and will include the name of the song if entered. Maybe it's one of these?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
No, doesn't look like it. Thanks anyway, but I feel this is a case of hearing something in one context and remembering it as being in another context. I think it's probably just my screwy brain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

donquixotic posted:

Maybe peek around here?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Try_to_Remember

Edit: Misread your post, realized you probably already did that. Still, apparently there's a film version of The Fantasticks and it was originally written for the play, maybe that's it. Seems to have a poo poo ton of covers too.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 24, 2016

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
I remember seeing this when I was a kid, I'd say late 90s to mid 2000s. I only saw this one scene, peeking in on what my dad was watching from the kichen.

A pimp or possibly a john drives up to a woman on the side of the road. He says something like "Hey baby, how you doin'?" She leans in through the window and says in a slurred voice "I feel like poo poo." Then she vomits a large amount of blood and possibly more solid gristle gore chunks into the car. The driver of the car freaks out and drives off.

For the longest time I was sure the movie was Dracula 2000, but I recently watched the whole thing for the first time, and that scene was nowhere to be found. So now I'm stumped. I might be wrong about the blood, it may have just been regular vomit. But I don't think so because I'm pretty sure the blood is what made it stick in my memory. Any ideas?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A bad thriller from I'm going to say the late 90s starring Lance Henriksen that begins with him having sex with a woman who is then found dead the next morning and the police question whether it was a rapist because the last person who had sex with her wore a condom. Googling "Lance Henriksen rapist" and "Lance Henriksen condom" isn't as helpful as you might think and imdb lists the motherfucker as having 221 acting credits. It may be Profile for Murder which looks like a straight to video erotic thriller but that's such an obscure film it has no wikipedia page so I'm not sure.

EDIT: you know what, having read a few user reviews of the awful Profile for Murder it turns out that's it.

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 25, 2016

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I think it's a 90s movie maybe late 80s.

I think a group of kids go for a hike/weekend in the woods. The leader is a hardass but still the same age (maybe a few years older) and the other kids in the group set him up to fall off a rope bridge I believe. He break his leg(?) and ends up stuck. I think their is a seen where one of the kids breaks the 4th wall and and has an egg falling off the bridge or a cliff to show what will happen.

This is all I can remember and I may be mixing movies together that I saw when I was 6. It's been bugging me so hopefully someone can help. I can't find anything trying to put together words on Google.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
White Water Summer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVVhy_DV24&t=150s

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

That's it! Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Got a quick one, lady is hanging laundry out to dry on a windy day, a sheet blows off the line, wraps around a human figure, then blows away, revealing that there was nothing there