Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Just bought the M308 and the Specops SMG, so that will be fun. Tried the goat mission, crashed after we got 4 goats in the car :v:

Imma play with the talent builds, see what stands out.

edit: Okay, hows this look? Its very HULKSMASH http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eROMIJEFGDa:tEBda:ghijECda:fHeCDa:ia:::

With maybe the Yazuka deck?

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I swear I just heard a cop yell PUT DOWN THE GOAT OR I WILL OPEN FIRE!

I love this game.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
The new heist is great.

https://gfycat.com/SparseFixedBeagle

averox fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 15, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LowellDND posted:

Just bought the M308 and the Specops SMG, so that will be fun. Tried the goat mission, crashed after we got 4 goats in the car :v:

edit: Okay, hows this look? Its very HULKSMASH http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eROMIJEFGDa:tEBda:ghijECda:fHeCDa:ia:::

melee is p bad until you get used to its quirks and yakuza is just bad

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Afraid of Audio posted:

melee is p bad until you get used to its quirks and yakuza is just bad

My roommate really wants to punch cops :shrug: So a few points there don't bother me much. I just like headshotting :v:

Okay, no yakuza. Armorer? Muscle?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

Try this:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mDa:eqroklHIjEFGbcDa:tsoplmiJeFGbCDa:ghIEgCda:feCda:ia:pS8:::

Sociopath and Katana and Shotguns.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
look at the decks that regen health, muscle for high armor builds, grinder for low

and since you're planning on be up close anyway ace shotgun inpact for the damage bonus and basic the other one for the increase reload speed

become the shoot gunner

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

drat, that looks solid. I dig it :D

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kammat posted:

I swear I just heard a cop yell PUT DOWN THE GOAT OR I WILL OPEN FIRE!

I love this game.

Yes, that cop does say that line. In fact, I think there's a few lines about you carrying goats off.

Also, required viewing in honor of goat.

EDIT: Also, it now beats HoxOut in terms of raw Contract money. $19 Mil on DW for just completing the loving thing, complete with 3mil exp. But then again, that was on the Pro Job.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 15, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
new heist is amazing, gently caress all haters

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Geight posted:

https://twitter.com/M4ST3RSP4RK/status/687706272381165568

I did a double-take when I realized someone was being like this over Payday 2 of all things :psyduck:

I'm just laughing at the "no suit or light ballistic vest" with all the new dodge-specific perks and Sociopath/Grinder being a thing now. I have not worn armor in several play sessions now and I don't miss it since I'm refilling my health with nearly every shot I fire. I guess he considers dodge/grinder builds "scrub newbie poo poo git gud".

Also the new heist looks like it's almost all negative reviews, but if those are from people like the guy above then it should be great.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

King Vidiot posted:

Also the new heist looks like it's almost all negative reviews, but if those are from people like the guy above then it should be great.

Those are from people like the guy above. New heist has some stability problems according to some reports, but is very fun.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

King Vidiot posted:

I'm just laughing at the "no suit or light ballistic vest" with all the new dodge-specific perks and Sociopath/Grinder being a thing now. I have not worn armor in several play sessions now and I don't miss it since I'm refilling my health with nearly every shot I fire. I guess he considers dodge/grinder builds "scrub newbie poo poo git gud".

Whats your build?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
All of the top "helpful" reviews for Goat Simulator are just sad.

quote:

cant reccomend this dlc at all. Really nothing fun to do in the heist
You start off in a random city. Trying to find goats. And that takes like about 15 mins.
And when you have done that. You are in a goat house. and then you just defend and then drive 1000 meter.

What you get when you complete the heist
12500000$
800k/1 mil xp

2/10 would waste more money again...

quote:

When will you make a normal heist? (664 of 886 people (75%) found this review helpful)

quote:

Like Alesso, the only good thing to come out of it is the gun that is added. The mission is long, boring, and hard just like Alesso and is not worth 7.00 dollars.

quote:

Okay, so this one is a tad weird. At first, I was a bit hesitant to purchase this because it's involved with goat simulator, but after playing through it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Day one is going to be wandering around the map looking for goats all while snipers freely take pot shots at you with almost nowhere to hide behind and day two is I would say, GO Bank except near the end where I felt like I was driving the General Lee. The new shotgun is basically the locomotive 12G so if you already enjoy using the locomotive, then you will feel no different with the new shotgun. The melee weapons, masks, and patterns, I mean, who cares other than the scout knife is basically the default terrorist knife from CS GO. Again, as with most other dlcs, this package feels a bit overpriced for what's being offered on the table although I don't regret my purchase compared to the chivalry pack. Probably would have enjoyed the heist more if it wasn't affiliated with goat simulator simply because I personally hate goat simulator with a passion. I sort of understand why it's funny to some people, but it's most likely because they already like goat simulator as opposed to someone like me who doesn't.

Also "is this memes?" -Totalbiscuit

One of them actually talks about the crashing robbing the fun out of the experience, but the rest seem to either just want something to moan about and don't really say what will fix it and the other side just wants to bitch because GOAT SIMULATOR ISN'T SERIOUS.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LowellDND posted:

Whats your build?

It's not special and I don't min/max at all. It's just a Masterforcer with minimal Ghost and Fugitive and no Technician.

http://pd2stats.com/profiles/76561197970749134

Other skill trees are empty because I haven't played much lately, my usual team is loud-only now, and I go infamous a lot.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crabtree posted:

just want something to moan about and don't really say what will fix it

That's like over half the negative reviews. Hell, it's clear none of them even saw the heist and are just so bitter and bad at cop clicking they'll say "This sucks" instead of actual constructive criticism.

Then again, they probably bought Payday 2 with mom's credit card.

That being said, new heist is indeed a good one. Kinda a jarring tone shift after the Point Break heists but they're actually pretty well-designed heists. Mostly.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Guys, I really can't recommend any of the heists in this game. You mostly run around for ten to fifteen minutes collecting bags, and then you leave.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Goat simulator/payday 2 joint weekend deal: goat sim is $2.50, PD2 GOATY $12.50

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you're having trouble with the goat tossing achievement, try disabling your mods. I did it numerous times but the achievement didn't pop until I disabled them.

Maybe the bag outlines mod was affecting it?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If you're having trouble with the game right after any patch or update, disable your mods. I'm not sure why Overkill stopped including that in bold allcaps on every update announcement.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you're having trouble with the goat tossing achievement, try disabling your mods. I did it numerous times but the achievement didn't pop until I disabled them.

Maybe the bag outlines mod was affecting it?

Hmm I wonder if that's it. I need to go back and test this. I was entirely unable to get the achievement.

edit: :siren: Bag Contour mod keeps you from getting the BAAaa...*BANG*...aaAAH achievement :siren:

averox fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 15, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

As an aside, the Goat DLC is what is getting like 5 of my friends to buy the game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm getting crashes even with mods disabled. A quick look at the Steam support forum is showing lots of folks getting crashes without mods in this update.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

K, one of my friends likes stealth builds and lots of gadgets. How could this be improved?

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eDa:tHiJfGCda:gNPMHEFGDa:fECa:::

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I'm surprised. A lot of people are getting crashes and here I am completely crash-free. Then again, the list of mods I'm using are pretty low. Like, real low.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think it's weird and lame that people are negatively reviewing the DLC (that they bought??) because of some vague sense of Gamer Outrage, so I'm encouraging people to post positive reviews with goat puns.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Geight/recommended/433730 :downsrim: someone else should probably spearhead this movement...

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's me. I run a bunch of mods with no problem.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Still pretty mad about losing the Deathwish achievement because it crashed right at the end of the new map.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

LowellDND posted:

K, one of my friends likes stealth builds and lots of gadgets. How could this be improved?

If you're stealthing, you go all-in. That means not bringing things that will make the heist go loud, like sentries and C4. Moreover, speccing more than one deployable is a bad move, since those points are effectively wasted when you don't bring that deployable. I'll add a better build in a few minutes.

E: Try something like this. If you need to free up some points because of level, I'd probably drop drill skills first then Technician is such a point-sink, and you have to pick skills that aren't really helpful for stealth. Once you infamy, you'll have more room to pick up quality of life stuff like Lockpicking Expert. Opinions on these builds may vary slightly. I may have made a dumb mistake somewhere, though, so someone should audit me.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 15, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

If you're stealthing, you go all-in. That means not bringing things that will make the heist go loud, like sentries and C4. Moreover, speccing more than one deployable is a bad move, since those points are effectively wasted when you don't bring that deployable. I'll add a better build in a few minutes.

I think ammo and medbags can work pretty well.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Psion posted:

I'll also point out LM is the reigning thread champion at loving awful gimmick builds so you can trust this advice. It's coming from a genuine, bona fide expert.

Where do I rank in this? Can I be the champion of entirely okay and not bad at all gimmick builds?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

This is a bit of an exception, they don't require much point investment and unless you're using shotguns you don't end up missing out on good skills getting both aced.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

LowellDND posted:

Yeah I did this too when I first started playing.

Figure out what he or she means by 'stealth.' There's really no room for 'the stealth guy' on the team imho because if you're trying to do a heist in stealth you might as well have everybody try and participate. If you're all just starting and have no levels or money it's okay for one guy to invest points in stealth, but everybody should be participating in stealth if you want to actually finish a heist that way. Keep in mind that you can switch builds between heists at the click of a button after a certain level, though you can't switch builds between days. All you 'need' to participate in stealth is an understanding of the stealth mechanics and a couple of cut down weapons. Double ECMs and ECM hacking can make a couple of select heists a little bit easier. IMHO drill skills including silent drill is more useful than the safe-lockpicking skill.

The scenario I created with my friends on my first build was something like this: I'll be the stealth guy, you idiots do whatever you want. What ended up happening was that 90% of heists I ended up loving up stealth, and then they'd drag my dead-rear end weight through the rest of it. Or, if I succeeded, they all ended up sitting around watching me while I bumbled through the heist.

What I'm saying is, stealth is really a game mode and not a play style. Trying to elect it as a playstyle will end in disappointment. Convincing your friends to stealth once in a while for a change of pace is fun though.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is a bit of an exception, they don't require much point investment and unless you're using shotguns you don't end up missing out on good skills getting both aced.

Sort of. I still think it's something of a waste, since you can make two builds: one with ammo and one with medbags. It's certainly the most forgivable setup, though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Heist owns, even Farmer Miserable owns because there's poo poo to do while you are doing it instead of just babysitting some bags.

Day 1 is pretty cool and feels like there's still tons of goofy poo poo to see despite having done it a few times. The building on fire is really fun to do solo also.

hosed up that you can't take out Captain Winters with the Longfellow like a bunch of bowling pins though

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

A couple of modding-related questions:

1. There are two skills that allow you to reload faster, and they do not, as far as I can tell, involve different animations. Instead, the animations are just faster. However, I have been informed that tweaking reload speed does not also adjust animation speed, leading to dumb things happening. Presumably, there is some way to specify how much faster a reload should occur. Am I correct, and if so, how would one specify that?

2. Does anyone know if there is some boilerplate code that could be used to add attachments (that do not currently exist for other weapons) for a weapon? Assuming such code allows re-use of existing models.

3. How would one go about tweaking skills?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Has anyone done Hazzard County? What's the secret to it?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

John Murdoch posted:

Where do I rank in this? Can I be the champion of entirely okay and not bad at all gimmick builds?

Yeah i'd also love to get in on this, because minigun dodge build should not work

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

Has anyone done Hazzard County? What's the secret to it?

Probably bringing a saw/shaped charges to blow the door at the end and skip the 2 minute drill. That and driving really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It might be possible to go down during the goat phase of that day and at least open the door- maybe even move the bridge.