Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Am Crake posted:

I'm so sorry :(

E: That you found out because of my post, which already wasn't stellar, in the funny pictures thread. Not because I killed him or anything, I didn't.

Suspiciously specific denial right there.

Rickman was awesome in Prince of Thieves, but I'm one of five people that like that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

whiteyfats posted:

Rickman was awesome in Prince of Thieves, but I'm one of five people that like that movie.

He was literally the only thing good in that movie. You could see his dental impression on the scenery.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flosofl posted:

He was literally the only thing good in that movie. You could see his dental impression on the scenery.

Nah, dude that played Friar Tuck was good, and the guy from the Crow who played Guy was cool.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dumb. posted:

This should work

I didn't say I had the spare cash for it though. Thank you. It's saved in the event that I ever do have money ever again.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

whiteyfats posted:

That was the second highest grossing movie of 1991, shitloads of people like that movie. And you sure as hell couldn't get away from that loving Brian Adams song no matter how hard you tried.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mentalizer posted:

That was the second highest grossing movie of 1991, shitloads of people like that movie. And you sure as hell couldn't get away from that loving Brian Adams song no matter how hard you tried.

I had no idea it did that well in the theaters.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

whiteyfats posted:

I think the only real complaint people had with it was Costners accent slipping, which is such a pointless complaint to begin with.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is it a new thing for these tumblr comment thread screenshots to have 90s era jpg artifacts or something? goddamn

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think the only real complaint people had with it was Costners accent slipping, which is such a pointless complaint to begin with.

From what I've read, Costner was seeing a voice coach, but they rushed to filming before he had it down. Not that it mattered, the accent back then would have bore a faint resemblance to any modern English accent, anyway.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i bet my favorite actors are best friends and one night after too much wine they impulsively kiss and can't stop thinking about it but are too embarrassed and

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

whiteyfats posted:

From what I've read, Costner was seeing a voice coach, but they rushed to filming before he had it down. Not that it mattered, the accent back then would have bore a faint resemblance to any modern English accent, anyway.

And really, when you get right down to it, who else is going to bring you a broken arrow?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Like every tumblr screencap it goes two comments too long to be truly funny.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arrath posted:

Is it a new thing for these tumblr comment thread screenshots to have 90s era jpg artifacts or something? goddamn

I don't know buy that always bothers me.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Angela Christine posted:

And really, when you get right down to it, who else is going to bring you a broken arrow?

Travolta?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What "slipping", he straight up didn't bother

Which is why Robin Hood Men In Tights used one of its razor-thin one-liner budget to take a potshot at it

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

whiteyfats posted:

Can't really blame you for that, it's been 25 years so I really doubt there's a huge rabid fan base for it at this point. At the time though you couldn't go 10 mins without seeing or hearing something related to the film. Costner had good 10 years or so where he could do no wrong, but Waterworld took care of that pretty well.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Arrath posted:

It's because tumblr is a social media platform for young people, and that's what young people do now.

Back when we were young, computers were confusing, hostile devices that made you learn to speak their language if you wanted to go anywhere, and I'm sure everybody reading this was the 'computer kid,' the one who had learned to navigate the maze and took pride in that fact. We all learned to do these things, and more importantly, do them the right way, so when grandma sent around a digital photo of her computer screen with a funny email on it, we rolled our eyes and thought to ourselves "Man, old people."

But now the tables have turned. Everything has been revamped and made so user friendly that kids today don't need to learn anything. The easy button's there, so why should they bother learning about pngs and colour profiles when it doesn't get the point across any better? It's like when soulja boy had that youtube feud with Ice T a couple of years back. T was uploading 1080p videos shot with a camera crew and edited with title cards and poo poo, while soulja boy's videos were all just him and his friends crowding around a lovely webcam built into his laptop, and every video ended with him reaching over and hitting the stop button. Ice T came off looking like an out of touch old man and soulja boy won the feud hands down.

That's us now. We're Ice T facing off against soulja boy, and it doesn't matter how much his music sucks or how much of an annoying little poo poo he is, he's young and we're old and that's what matters. The best we can do is try to age gracefully and maybe get a spot on a cop show.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

It's because tumblr is a social media platform for young people, and that's what young people do now.

Back when we were young, computers were confusing, hostile devices that made you learn to speak their language if you wanted to go anywhere, and I'm sure everybody reading this was the 'computer kid,' the one who had learned to navigate the maze and took pride in that fact. We all learned to do these things, and more importantly, do them the right way, so when grandma sent around a digital photo of her computer screen with a funny email on it, we rolled our eyes and thought to ourselves "Man, old people."

But now the tables have turned. Everything has been revamped and made so user friendly that kids today don't need to learn anything. The easy button's there, so why should they bother learning about pngs and colour profiles when it doesn't get the point across any better? It's like when soulja boy had that youtube feud with Ice T a couple of years back. T was uploading 1080p videos shot with a camera crew and edited with title cards and poo poo, while soulja boy's videos were all just him and his friends crowding around a lovely webcam built into his laptop, and every video ended with him reaching over and hitting the stop button.

Ice T came off looking like an out of touch old man and soulja boy won the feud hands down.

That's us now. We're Ice T facing off against soulja boy, and it doesn't matter how much his music sucks or how much of an annoying little poo poo he is, he's young and we're old and that's what matters. The best we can do is try to age gracefully and maybe get a spot on a cop show.

I don't mind being ice t. Playing video games, making money, and bonin big booty white bitches.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Daniel Radcliffe's awesome dial is always turned to 11.

Possibly :nws: if you work in a really stuffy office: http://i.imgur.com/3pYqjSA.jpg

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Costner made a good amount of poo poo movies even during his heyday but they had the decency to bomb quietly

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gently caress you, I'm not old!

gently caress, I'm old.

:negative:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

The Mentalizer posted:

Can't really blame you for that, it's been 25 years so I really doubt there's a huge rabid fan base for it at this point. At the time though you couldn't go 10 mins without seeing or hearing something related to the film. Costner had good 10 years or so where he could do no wrong, but Waterworld took care of that pretty well.

And then The Postman turned him into a punchline for a good while.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i bet my favorite actors are best friends and one night after too much wine they impulsively kiss and can't stop thinking about it but are too embarrassed and

I think Pattinson and Radcliffe are actually friends ever since they were in that Harry Potter movie together.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anosmoman posted:

His own drat fault for making movie after movie starring himself as the messianic post-apocalyptic savior.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I think Pattinson and Radcliffe are actually friends ever since they were in that Harry Potter movie together.

yeah and one day one of them has trouble getting into his costume and the other comes in to help and slowly massages him to help him relax and then and then andthen

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RandomFerret posted:

But now the tables have turned. Everything has been revamped and made so user friendly that kids today don't need to learn anything. The easy button's there, so why should they bother learning about pngs and colour profiles when it doesn't get the point across any better? It's like when soulja boy had that youtube feud with Ice T a couple of years back. T was uploading 1080p videos shot with a camera crew and edited with title cards and poo poo, while soulja boy's videos were all just him and his friends crowding around a lovely webcam built into his laptop, and every video ended with him reaching over and hitting the stop button. Ice T came off looking like an out of touch old man and soulja boy won the feud hands down.

Source your quotes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Possibly :nws: if you work in a really stuffy office: http://i.imgur.com/3pYqjSA.jpg

Hey, is that Ben Affleck?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

yeah and one day one of them has trouble getting into his costume and the other comes in to help and slowly massages him to help him relax and then and then andthen

Seems like you've thought about this a lot. Have you considered writing a slash fic?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Eschers Basement posted:

Has there ever been a film that tried to be "bad on purpose" and was actually entertaining about it? Most "bad on purpose" films I've seen just ended up really bad.

Team America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZwtNAHy7z0

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

a cat irl posted:

Danger 5 is amazing and beautiful. I was unsure about its second season but turns out that it is just as brilliant and fantastic.

I'm so loving on board with that. Danger 5 is the best thing that has ever been put to screen.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Anosmoman posted:

Oh man, I totally forgot about that hunk of poo poo. I'd say that's probably for a good reason but I can't actually remember anything about it other than that I saw it at some point in time.

And since I haven't had any pictures in my last few posts here are some tweets from a retarded person:

I'd like to think she's joking around but I just can't tell anymore.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I only know her from this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzsLxdiRF8

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

The Mentalizer posted:

Oh man, I totally forgot about that hunk of poo poo. I'd say that's probably for a good reason but I can't actually remember anything about it other than that I saw it at some point in time.

And since I haven't had any pictures in my last few posts here are some tweets from a retarded person:

Didn't she suffer some kind of brain damage a couple of years ago?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I mean it's good she can make fun of herself like in that Robot Chicken sketch, but then you get stuff like this:

Tila on Hitler posted:

"He was not a bad person as they have painted him out to be. Not even close!!!" she writes. "Here is a man who was not a coward, stood up for his country in a DESPERATE TIME OF NEED (unlike all of our cowardly leaders), and yet not only did he try his best to help his country and people get out of what was a time of depression, economic collapse, high unemployment, amongst many other things… he lost the war AND was painted out to be a monster after his death. This is what breaks my heart. "

"Hitler was a good man and it takes some loving balls for someone to say this out loud this day and age, especially for a public figure like myself, but you know what? SOMEONE NEEDS TO SPEAK THE TRUTH WITHOUT FEAR! Otherwise the dark cabal who currently control the world and all of the world bankers will continue to feed you their lies, feed off your emotions, take advantage of your emotions and will continue to keep you THEIR SLAVE!"

"AMERICA IS FALLING AT THE MOMENT YET I DO NOT SEE ANYONE IN OFFICE *AHEM* THAT IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO SAVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE LIKE HITLER WAS WILLING TO SAVE THE GERMAN PEOPLE! God knows Americans sure do need a TRUE HERO right now but as long as we are still living in a nation that is still stuffing their faces with GMO, Still asleep watching crap TV, still getting brainwashed by media, still being poisoned and not giving a gently caress. I highly doubt any President here would give a gently caress about saving our country either. ONLY WE CAN SAVE OURSELVES NOW OR BRING IN A NEW LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should just run for office for gently caress's sake!"

So yeah, I don't really know what to think of her other than that she's bugfuck crazy.

E:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Didn't she suffer some kind of brain damage a couple of years ago?

That would certainly explain a lot. I don't remember hearing about anything like that other than the time the crowd at the Gathering of the Juggalos spent the entire time she was on stage throwing poo poo at her (literal poo poo from the port-a-potties, not just random trash) and then rolled over her trailer with her in it or something crazy like that.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Jan 15, 2016

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

it was the only time juggalos did something worthy of note and it was glorious

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

The Mentalizer posted:

I mean it's good she can make fun of herself like in that Robot Chicken sketch, but then you get stuff like this:

So yeah, I don't really know what to think of her other than that she's bugfuck crazy.

E:

That would certainly explain a lot. I don't remember hearing about anything like that other than the time the crowd at the Gathering of the Juggalos spent the entire time she was on stage throwing poo poo at her (literal poo poo from the port-a-potties, not just random trash) and then rolled over her trailer with her in it or something crazy like that.

Wiki said she hair a brain aneurysm in 2013, so that might be what I was thinking of.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

The Mentalizer posted:

I love how the thumbnail for that video pretty much disproves her theory on its own.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The thing that annoys me most about the whole "flat earth" nonsense is the myth that people thought the earth was flat in olden times. Hell, the ancient Greeks calculated the circumference of the earth to a pretty close estimate using evidence even they could observe, and that was around 2200 years ago.

e: while we're at it, you can't see stars in pictures of the Earth because the Earth is really bright when lit up by the sun, and washes the stars out of the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread