Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
With the introduction of mana regeneration amulets, Infusion has gone from absolute crap to inoffensively mild. While I still prefer bigger weapons and spells, one of my merfolk skalds used it somewhere till lair, while looking for anything better than a spear (the gnolls were NOT generous). It seemed to help, while not depriving me of all the other poo poo I wanted to do with my magic.

I did Slime Pits in Trunk (aka no rMutation) and it wasn't too bad, thanks to the increased !ofCMut drop rate. I only got three mutations from the whole deal, and solved it with a single quaff. I love rCorrosion as rings. It wasn't any more fun or more tedious. I got a few inconveniences but wasn't juggling between the no-longer existent amulets of rMut and rCorr. All in all Slime Pits was kind of lackluster, which I suppose is better than making me burn with rage.

As a side note, a triple crossbow of chaos is a horrible awful thing. I could see chaos being fun but stupid on a faster weapon on a sling or bow, but there were things I DID not want to be healing and zerking.

I'm sure there were other trunk changes to comment on, or a few dead horses to beat, but they escape me at the moment.

P.S. edit: So with a partial adventure into extended I have to say I'm actually okay with the current state of mutations and lack of resist. Ever since wands of polymorph other (malmutate sticks in the hand of Ijyb) were changed to simple wands of polymorph, I've felt there was an overabundance of cure mutation, and "EATING THE PURPLE" was often fairly risk free as long as I didn't go overboard. Now I'm back to actually wanting to conserve them, rather than fuel a purple chunk induced haze of binge eating.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I mostly just wish that Infusion scaled better with spellpower. Right now it's 2+(spellpower/25), spellpower capping at 50, which means 4 at the absolute best(1d4, I think, not 4 flat).

I think it should be something like 2+(spellpower/10), spellpower cap of 60(so 8 max). A bit stronger early on, but not much. Mostly just a somewhat more noticeable damage buff if you save it for later instead of forgetting it with the first ?amnesia you read ID.

e: was told on IRC that spellpower is displayed at 0, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200
so it can be 2+(spellpower/15), spellpower cap of 75 then(1d7 max)

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Liking these new randarts. rCorr +2 Dex +2 Slaying on a helmet? Yes please!

Though knowing my purp eating I'll get horns any second now.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Good news, rMut is back! if you find the warlock's mirror

Also functions to resist Torment!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How can it reflect torment when its not a targeted spell?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Arivia posted:

So I've now taken a couple TeCjs past Lair, and I think I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I'm running out of steam when I get to the Lair branches. I have enough damage to get through Orc, but after that poo poo is just not dying. I've been transitioning to say Bolt spells, but those don't seem to be enough. I'm not really dying to a particular monster, it's just getting worn down by slogging it out. Maybe I'm spreading my skills out too much? But if I kept doubling down on Conjurations/Air for Freezing Cloud, I'd never have an opportunity to get up my defensive skills. I'm really not sure what to do, I think I've got a handle on the early game up to Lair:8 but beyond that I'm not sure. Here's the morgue for my last one to get anywhere: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Arivia/morgue-Arivia-20160113-015940.txt

Just got my first caster win with a GrEE using this guide: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Majang%27s_Caster_Walk-Through, and a lot of help from people on the thread (thanks everyone!).

Once I got past Lair/Orc it felt like I was ahead of the power curve (a +10 Int amulet probably helped there). It was really fun and played entirely differently to my other win with a MiBe.

Some lessons I learned. Iron Bolt is extremely powerful when you get it up there, as is shatter. LCS was good for killing Orbs of Fire ASAP but Iron bolt would have probably done the trick anyway. Earth spells are mostly irresistible which is great. People on the thread telling me I can definitely win without firestorm were 100% on the money. Gargoyle AC bonus allows you to go through a 3 rune win with a +2 robe of Archmagi without really being in any danger. The only time I was in serious trouble was being trapped by Mennas and some other stuff, and that was due to his silence.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

First time doing Pan with Zin (usually reserve him for hell), did a recite on Cerebov. And then... he was gone? I had to go back into the message log to figure it out. Zin confused him and then he just kinda wandered around and then "Cerebov drowned in lava"

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

I mostly just wish that Infusion scaled better with spellpower. Right now it's 2+(spellpower/25), spellpower capping at 50, which means 4 at the absolute best(1d4, I think, not 4 flat).

I think it should be something like 2+(spellpower/10), spellpower cap of 60(so 8 max). A bit stronger early on, but not much. Mostly just a somewhat more noticeable damage buff if you save it for later instead of forgetting it with the first ?amnesia you read ID.

e: was told on IRC that spellpower is displayed at 0, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200
so it can be 2+(spellpower/15), spellpower cap of 75 then(1d7 max)

I'm told that this checks AC separately, right? I can't really imagine 1d7 vs AC ever being worth 1 MP past the earliest stages of the game.

Scaramouche posted:

First time doing Pan with Zin (usually reserve him for hell), did a recite on Cerebov. And then... he was gone? I had to go back into the message log to figure it out. Zin confused him and then he just kinda wandered around and then "Cerebov drowned in lava"

Hope you didn't want the sword as a trophy.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Terrible solution for Charms issue:

Separate spells in Spells and Charms or w/e. Charms would eat spell levels but be always on, and require a minimum Charms skill to "learn".

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

Cerebov is the only stupid demon lord.

The other seven have high intelligence and make fun of him at parties.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I just had a DsEE go monstrous, so I'm obviously thinking Statue Form if I live that long. I'm gonna use Conjurations and Earth Magic for my ranged murdling needs. What god should I worship?

Darox posted:

Ironically, Cerebov was probably the second-toughest of the demon lords for my GhMo of Pakellas, thanks to his propensity for spamming Firestorm and the fact that he got Tarantella confused next to lava and proceeded to spend dozens of turns just chopping up spiders instead of drowning comically. Guy actually got quite a bit of damage off before confusion turned him into a stumbling idiot. Asmodeus was moderately difficult but only because his ring of flames kept eating up the chaff minions I was swarming him with - in the end, I just stood in front of him and punched him in the groin until he died.

Toughest was Lom Lobon with his rear end in a top hat Tornado spell yanking me through walls. I expected Ereshkigal to be way scarier than she was, but her Shadow Fiends were much more dangerous than her; she mostly just took an annoyingly long time to kill since she kept healing herself.

Moral: Ghoul is loving ridiculously good. Holy poo poo Torment immunity is atrociously powerful in the postgame.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 15, 2016

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Chei for maximum shuffling slowness. Outlive the earth you're manipulating into murderous cannonballs.

Or Dithmenos and become the extra sneaky statue whose stone fists slam out of nowhere to smash enemies flat. Only the murderous glint of glowing reddish eyes are visible in the palpable gloom surrounding you.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Well that guy died but now I have a DsEE who's powered by pain and that kinda rules.

quote:

The alarm trap emits a blaring wail!
A sentinel's mark forms upon you.
You hear a shout! x2 You hear an angry buzzing noise. x5 You hear a shout!
_You hear an angry buzzing noise. x12

:negative:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 15, 2016

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
I have no idea how this caster is still alive but it's turning into probably the best hybrid attempt I've had yet:

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/uglyjohn/uglyjohn.txt

code:
uglyjohn the Pandemonic (Demonspawn Necromancer)   Turns: 17189, Time: 01:01:14

Health: 90/91      AC: 14    Str: 14    XL:     12   Next: 60%
Magic:  29/30      EV: 14    Int: 24    God:    Makhleb [*****.]
Gold:   909        SH:  9    Dex: 21    Spells: 5 memorised, 9 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     A - +7 Singing Sword
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     f - +1 robe "Uskom" {rPois MR+ Int+4}
rNeg   . . .     SustAt   .     w - +0 shield
rPois  +         Gourm    .     s - +0 helmet
rElec  .         Spirit   .     b - +1 cloak of Teelater {Str+5}
rCorr  .         Warding  .     k - +1 pair of gloves
rMut   +         Stasis   .     T - +2 pair of boots {rF+}
MR     +....                    u - amulet of resist mutation
Stlth  +.........               l - ring "Itebiep" {+Inv MP+9 Stlth-}
                                R - +6 ring of dexterity

@: slowed, very slow, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, very
unstealthy
A: claws 2, large bone plates 1, demonic guardian 2, fire resistance 1, flame
cloud immunity
a: Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major Destruction, Greater
Servant of Makhleb, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility
Surprisingly, the Singing Sword hasn't even come close to getting me killed yet. It's only sticking around until I get a few more points in Unamed, though.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Sage Grimm posted:

Chei for maximum shuffling slowness. Outlive the earth you're manipulating into murderous cannonballs.

As someone who has played an EE of Chei before with Claws 3, I highly recommend this option. Killing Dispater within 3 turns of seeing him purely through melee attacks is fun.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ugly John posted:

I have no idea how this caster is still alive but it's turning into probably the best hybrid attempt I've had yet:

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/uglyjohn/uglyjohn.txt

code:
uglyjohn the Pandemonic (Demonspawn Necromancer)   Turns: 17189, Time: 01:01:14

Health: 90/91      AC: 14    Str: 14    XL:     12   Next: 60%
Magic:  29/30      EV: 14    Int: 24    God:    Makhleb [*****.]
Gold:   909        SH:  9    Dex: 21    Spells: 5 memorised, 9 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     A - +7 Singing Sword
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     f - +1 robe "Uskom" {rPois MR+ Int+4}
rNeg   . . .     SustAt   .     w - +0 shield
rPois  +         Gourm    .     s - +0 helmet
rElec  .         Spirit   .     b - +1 cloak of Teelater {Str+5}
rCorr  .         Warding  .     k - +1 pair of gloves
rMut   +         Stasis   .     T - +2 pair of boots {rF+}
MR     +....                    u - amulet of resist mutation
Stlth  +.........               l - ring "Itebiep" {+Inv MP+9 Stlth-}
                                R - +6 ring of dexterity

@: slowed, very slow, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, very
unstealthy
A: claws 2, large bone plates 1, demonic guardian 2, fire resistance 1, flame
cloud immunity
a: Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major Destruction, Greater
Servant of Makhleb, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility
Surprisingly, the Singing Sword hasn't even come close to getting me killed yet. It's only sticking around until I get a few more points in Unamed, though.

Demonic Guardians can keep almost anyone alive, because you keep getting friendly summons when the odds are against you.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

FireSight posted:

Demonic Guardians can keep almost anyone alive, because you keep getting friendly summons when the odds are against you.

I've never gotten demonic guardian 3 in all my demonspawn runs. I guess it'd be pretty cool to have your own fiends and hellions? Powered by death is my favourite.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Darox posted:

Tragically, high intelligence was removed last year. The other lords making fun of Cerebov is still canon.

Internet Kraken posted:

How can [the Warlock's Mirror] reflect torment when its not a targeted spell?

I'm also curious about this.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

FulsomFrank posted:

I've never gotten demonic guardian 3 in all my demonspawn runs. I guess it'd be pretty cool to have your own fiends and hellions? Powered by death is my favourite.

Only once did I get demonic guardian 3, and holy poo poo did they tear through enemies. What ended up killing me was a barrage of bolts by yakataurs when I peeked into Depths at level 15.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009

FulsomFrank posted:

Even at 2, getting sun demons and ice devils has been really useful. They've been tearing through Lair mobs.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

FireSight posted:

Only once did I get demonic guardian 3, and holy poo poo did they tear through enemies. What ended up killing me was a barrage of bolts by yakataurs when I peeked into Depths at level 15.

Only time I ever got Guardian three was when I reached xl27 in the orb chamber.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

So I've now taken a couple TeCjs past Lair, and I think I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I'm running out of steam when I get to the Lair branches. I have enough damage to get through Orc, but after that poo poo is just not dying. I've been transitioning to say Bolt spells, but those don't seem to be enough. I'm not really dying to a particular monster, it's just getting worn down by slogging it out. Maybe I'm spreading my skills out too much? But if I kept doubling down on Conjurations/Air for Freezing Cloud, I'd never have an opportunity to get up my defensive skills. I'm really not sure what to do, I think I've got a handle on the early game up to Lair:8 but beyond that I'm not sure. Here's the morgue for my last one to get anywhere: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Arivia/morgue-Arivia-20160113-015940.txt

On a lark I tried TeAE instead... here's the morgue from that run: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Arivia/morgue-Arivia-20160114-080431.txt

IDK, not knowing what to do in mid-game is frustrating me and making me want to stop playing again. That's not fun. :smith:

I took a quick look at the tvs to see what went wrong. This is all just advice, and of course hindsight is 20/20; it's easier to see these things when you're not playing...

Banishment death: you picked a fight with a sleeping Louise, though she had a 50/50 chance of banishing you; then you let her get into LOS of you without any obstacles, instead of using plants to block her while letting your servitor & clouds work. During your actual death in Abyss, you played too fast - you let yourself get trapped in a corner instead of using your /dig, or using !invis to deal with the monk (draconians can't see invisible!), using !res to neuter the monk's acid spit, etc.

Orc warrior death: you were using low-power lightning bolt without bouncing it. Lightning Bolt's accuracy is terrible at low power, you really need to bounce it off terrain for double hits to make up for that. Much more importantly, you again played too fast at low HP - you went down to 2/3rds hp in one hit, then down to 1/3rd in the next, but didn't pause to rethink after either. You were flying, so you could have escaped pretty easily; you had a blowgun with curare, !brill, some other fun toys. If you start taking serious damage, slow down!

You were also wearing a -3 cursed ring of protection with remove curse in your inventory, which is sort of odd.

Anyway. Key points: slow down in dangerous situations, get a cup of tea and come back, whatever. Strategically I'd say you were doing mostly reasonable; only real criticism is that the teae was way too heavy into spellcasting (14 unused spell levels!). That's not nearly as important as tactical play, though.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009

Ugly John posted:

Even at 2, getting sun demons and ice devils has been really useful. They've been tearing through Lair mobs.

...and this brings us to Bad Crawl My Way Tip #057: Never Talk About an In-progress Character Unless You're Ready to Lose It Stupidly.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

mossyfisk posted:

Terrible solution for Charms issue:

Separate spells in Spells and Charms or w/e. Charms would eat spell levels but be always on, and require a minimum Charms skill to "learn".

I actually like the idea of making Charms and Spells different categories, where one describes always-on enchantments and the other describes fire-and-forget temporary effects.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

How can it reflect torment when its not a targeted spell?

On my phone so I don't have the screenshot, but I think technically it was reflecting Pain? I just know it had the tile for smiting / torment and the thing that cast it was immune. Didn't reflect hellfire, though.

Edit:

Yeah, Pain was the reflected spell, but it was from the kind of monster I usually think of as "tormentor" (Shadow Fiends, Tormentors, etc.).

Gay Abortions fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 15, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
OOD monsters on the first floors of branches are extremely rude.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not as rude as when something comes out of a branch that has no business being where you are.

Acid blobs in lair are bullshit.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

I took a quick look at the tvs to see what went wrong. This is all just advice, and of course hindsight is 20/20; it's easier to see these things when you're not playing...

Orc warrior death: you were using low-power lightning bolt without bouncing it. Lightning Bolt's accuracy is terrible at low power, you really need to bounce it off terrain for double hits to make up for that. Much more importantly, you again played too fast at low HP - you went down to 2/3rds hp in one hit, then down to 1/3rd in the next, but didn't pause to rethink after either. You were flying, so you could have escaped pretty easily; you had a blowgun with curare, !brill, some other fun toys. If you start taking serious damage, slow down!

I'm kind of wondering how long the game has been displaying the bright yellow aiming tiles when you are trying to bounce ... Has it always been like this ?

I've been trying it out and to me it seems like the ideal thing to do is to stand 3 tiles from a wall and then target the wall, not the 3rd tile, so it lights up and you zap

E; Also got interested in the idea of having a spellcasting spider that morphs back into a bulky plate wearing guy with an axe when out of mana
how to make this work

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 16, 2016

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/LordSloth/morgue-LordSloth-20160115-234514.txt
My lovely Tengu Air Elementalist finally died today in a random vaults fight. Somewhat similar to your Tengu Conjurer, Arivia, but felt much less 'sloggy' in part thanks to the lightning spire and my nice quarterstave - though I had a ridiculous lack of jewellery and not a single potion of haste. I don't have any off-the-top-of-my head advice, though.

Unrelated to my death, but I really do need to get better at not accidentally casting the wrong spells. I cast conjure ball lightning three times to many, w/o any rElec. So used to casting AXE I slip up once magic comes into play.

If anyone wants some live feedback on their character, I'll be hanging around in ##gooncrawl with a beepy alert. I also hang around in ##crawl, but only occasionally pay attention.

Re: an earlier question about armor, I would have suggested the robe, swamp dragon (not an option listed) or quicksilver, despite the lack of enchantments. Quicksilver is relatively unencumbering , about ring-mail level IIRC

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Humans Among Us posted:

I'm kind of wondering how long the game has been displaying the bright yellow aiming tiles when you are trying to bounce ... Has it always been like this ?

I want to say the UI was added a few months ago? Less than a year ago.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Had three guys in a row get abyssed by distortion wielding guys under XL 10 and got killed (orcs and sonja). On the last one I even knew Sonja might have one and blinked out and ran for it but she of course caught up to me. Not sure I'm a fan of this mechanic any more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pro Sonja tip; she's a kobold with garbage MR so some wands you might be carrying around (confusion, polymoprh, paralysis) will turn her into an easy kill.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
Having never really gotten a caster off the ground I was looking for advice to this solid start. I've ascended a couple 15 rune Minotaurs, and come close to full extended runs with other almost full melee characters (some with quite a bit of bows/xbows). I have absolutely no idea how to play casters other than try to get Firestorm/Glaciate/Shatter/etc up ASAP. I may have already made big mistakes spreading out spell schools. I just completed Ice Caves to get some ice to supplement my FE start, amnesia scrolls are painfully absent this run so I need to start being careful with my memorization. As far as I'm aware staves/evocation doesn't work for staff of conjuration so I haven't made that investment yet. Any advice would help as I don't have a solid game plan in mind other than kinda bump up ice some to get a little buff to armor spell and then probably go heavy in conjurations to cover both spell schools.

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.18-a0-1089-gaeddbbb (webtiles) character file.

inqbanana the Arsonist (GrFE)                      Turns: 21450, Time: 01:54:55

Health: 68/68      AC: 24    Str: 12    XL:     13   Next: 83%
Magic:  45/45      EV: 13    Int: 21    God:    Vehumet [*****.]
Gold:   890        SH:  6    Dex:  8    Spells: 8 memorised, 5 levels left

rFire  + . .      SeeInvis .    x - staff of conjuration
rCold  + + .      Gourm    .    w - +2 robe {rC+}
rNeg   + + .      Faith    .    t - +0 buckler {rC+}
rPois  ∞          Spirit   .    D - +2 helmet {rC+}
rElec  +          Dismiss  .    e - +0 cloak
rCorr  +          Reflect  +    A - +2 pair of gloves "Uryompil" {rPois rN+ rCorr MP+9}
SustAt .          Harm     .    n - +2 pair of boots
MR     .....                    l - +2 amulet of reflection
Stlth  ++........               C - ring of magical power
                                p - ring of fire

@: not resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: clumsy 1, negative energy resistance 1, sense surroundings 1, electricity
resistance, unbreathing, petrification resistance, rot immunity, AC +9
a: Renounce Religion
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/inqbanana/inqbanana.txt

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

LordSloth posted:

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/LordSloth/morgue-LordSloth-20160115-234514.txt.

Unrelated to my death, but I really do need to get better at not accidentally casting the wrong spells. I cast conjure ball lightning three times to many, w/o any rElec. So used to casting AXE I slip up once magic comes into play.
A mummy priest laughed at me because I hit the button for sublimation of blood instead of deaths door. 2 hp isn't enough to survive smite, mis-spelling can kill.

But I think the problem was more learning ball lightning at all after you got chain lightning. At that point you can basically drop all other elec damage spells, chain lightning makes them all obsolete. Using airstrike instead of chain lightning in that fight probably did help kill you though. The self damage is pretty minor even without rElec, and it would almost certainly kill both enemies.
That said I am a huge chain lightning booster, it's really good. At level 8 you can get it up a lot faster than the big four, it hits multiple targets, almost nothing fully resists it, and most of the enemies immune to it are weak to airstrike. Chain lightning: the perfect spell.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've only used ball lightning once but I really liked it because I could use it to kill enemies out of sight since they would punch the balls offscreen and blow themselves up.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

The thing is, conjure ball lightning is the most awesome, if least practical spell around. To deny CBL is to deny life itself. it transcends mutation roulette for sheer fun/futility/fatality.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Fair.

I can't deny CBL is fun. It's more suicidal than CL, but that's part of the charm.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

For anyone interested, I've made a new Spider ending vault. If you want to test it out, get a local version of Crawl and throw either variant into crawl-ref/source/dat/des/spider.des under the Rune Vaults banner (and put WEIGHT: 5000 in one of the lines if you want to guarantee it shows up without force placement in Wizard mode). Let me know if it's too easy/too hard/why did you put death scarabs into Spider you rear end in a top hat, as well as any other criticism!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Aren't those things like speed 1 billion? That'll be a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I just started playing the webtiles version, is there anything in the config file I should uncomment? Sorry for the stupid question.

• Locked thread