Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The measurable difference is that tech makes it easier to get musical ideas down, so more time can be spent on the actual creative bits (e.g. the story about how long it took the Beach Boys to record Good Vibrations.) The downside is that the tech will mostly be used by hacky idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

The measurable difference is that tech makes it easier to get musical ideas down, so more time can be spent on the actual creative bits (e.g. the story about how long it took the Beach Boys to record Good Vibrations.) The downside is that the tech will mostly be used by hacky idiots.

A major issue in the music world right now is that the market is absurdly oversaturated and the pickings are slim as far as getting paid goes.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm desperately combing imgur to find something stupid to post to end this conversation but unfortunately the only things that stand out are the schmaltzy pictures of Lemmy, Bowie, and Rickman.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

I'm desperately combing imgur to find something stupid to post to end this conversation but unfortunately the only things that stand out are the schmaltzy pictures of Lemmy, Bowie, and Rickman.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So sad he died while pregnant :(

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:stare: Oh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It keeps on giving. Take it all in. I've seen people think the background was mountains, not angel wings. I have seen people who didn't notice where his hand is.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

I have seen people who didn't notice where his hand is.
Go to hell.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I hope this gets put on his gravestone like those russian gangsters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

It keeps on giving. Take it all in. I've seen people think the background was mountains, not angel wings. I have seen people who didn't notice where his hand is.

At the end of his arm.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

At the end of his arm.

Well gently caress, colour me stupid

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't even know what I'm looking at but I'm gonna hazard a dangerous guess that the top one isn't a rap too.

For anyone who might be curious, the top example is a song's melody, and the bottom is a song's beat (this is why the notes don't move and are marked by "x"). If you wrote out the rhythm to the jazz song it would likely look just as boring and flat. I'm not familiar with either song, and I know there's a general criticism that rap is almost entirely about the beat from people who don't "get" the genre, but I'm willing to bet the song has some semblance of melody.

Mouse Dresser posted:

That's from the album "Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que" from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and the really early days of Adult Swim.
The song is "I Love You Baby," sung by Brak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srIIre8mvV4

This is absolutely beautiful. I have been wanting to get into early adult swim for some time now.

For content: anti-IoIm - the hero-meme imgur needs right now.

http://imgur.com/gallery/jgNqce1

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wow an animal macro meme from imgur I don't immediately loathe

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wow an animal macro meme from imgur I don't immediately loathe

Give it another ten minutes. It'll be both driven into the ground and repossessed to cast the bigot as sympathetic and the lambaster as a reactionary loon.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Give it another ten minutes. It'll be both driven into the ground and repossessed to cast the bigot as sympathetic and the lambaster as a reactionary loon.

Yeah, sorry to say this but I've definitely seen it used in a transphobic way (you can probably figure it out) :smith: Pretty sure I also saw one where the bottom text contained "#triggered". rip memes you were too good for this world

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

For content: anti-IoIm - the hero-meme imgur needs right now.

http://imgur.com/gallery/jgNqce1

the comments are incredible

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mouse Dresser posted:

That's from the album "Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que" from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and the really early days of Adult Swim.

Oh my god--that's it. I had no idea it was part of a longer song.

Thanks for that.

"Ok, now we just have to reboot and see if it recognizes the new drivers--"

"SOMEBODY LEFT THE CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN! OH NOOOO"

"Dude, will you please change that?"

"No, man, it's great"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A buddy of mine had his Windows startup and shutdown sounds set to some guy screaming "SOMEBODY LEFT A CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN! OH NOOOO! I WAS GONNA EAT THAT CAAAAKE! BUT NOW IT'S ALL WET AND I DON'T THINK I WANT ANY!"

I didn't particularly mind "McArthur Park" before that, but now, when I hear it, I'm reminded of hearing an idiot screaming about a soggy cake over and over while I helping my friend fix his computer one evening :shepicide:

Mouse Dresser posted:

I actually heard "I Love You Baby" LONG before I ever heard "McArthur Park" (like, decades before), and I thought McArthur Park was some sort of joke.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I always thought that it was just a made-up joke song on the Simpsons, when it's sung by Apus niece (?) in the Little Miss Springfield competition. I leaned something new today. Thanks, SA.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mouse Dresser posted:

Even earlier than that. It was on Cartoon Planet (sort of a daytime version of Coast to Coast) in like the mid-'90s, and it was somehow even weirder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTrWX1Lq2G8

Plan Z has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Jan 15, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skippy McPants posted:

I always think of that image that has Hitler sad and meekly saying how just wants to kill all the jews and someone screaming and yelling about how thats wrong and stuff when someone complains about people being over sensitive.

http://imgur.com/gallery/lyWQK

OMG 4CHAN IS SO GREAT! Please ignore all the terrible, terrible things we did like make a place Gamergate could fester, all the young girls we blackmailed into giving us nudes and still told her parents about it and our general, lovely and criminal behavior.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twistedmentat posted:

I always think of that image that has Hitler sad and meekly saying how just wants to kill all the jews and someone screaming and yelling about how thats wrong and stuff when someone complains about people being over sensitive.

http://imgur.com/gallery/lyWQK

OMG 4CHAN IS SO GREAT! Please ignore all the terrible, terrible things we did like make a place Gamergate could fester, all the young girls we blackmailed into giving us nudes and still told her parents about it and our general, lovely and criminal behavior.

Which of those things do you think Imgur doesn't approve of?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Alaois posted:

the comments are incredible

quote:

imgurunk 25 points : 3 replies : 2 days ago reply share report permalink
I personally feel that @ROTTENDOGJIZZ has raised a very good point here. Does anyone else agree that has raised a good point?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's true. While we have come a long way, there's clearly still a lot of work to do, and feminism is what will help us achieve this.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

wrong. if feminists get their way, nonconsentual dick rubbing will be legal as early as 2018.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
:quagmire:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Why do I feel like none of these statements are true.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's somehow both hilarious and sad that the people pushing that mentality still don't understand that the same social norms and structures are responsible for both sides of those problems, not just the one that negatively affects them.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Lol, tries to make a point, but demonstrates a total failure to understand gender issues instead.

Let's tackle these one by one.

1. Hitting women: A man will generally be able to physically overpower a woman, and is more likely to want to.

2. Spontaneous kiss: Life's not a film, and depending on context this could be weird either way.

3. Staring at crotches: women get leered at multiple times every day. They may just want to do their job or talk to you.

4. Split the bill: hey, if someone thinks you're cheap for splitting the bill, gently caress em. More down to the individual than gender, I feel.

5. Wrong bathroom: hey dude, standing next to a stall listening isn't the same as walking in, spoting a urinal, and walking out again with a red face.

6. Work: no idea what this is actually trying to say.

7. See 3. Also, you're complaining that you're not allowed to grope women, dude.

This is the gender equivalent of 'why are black people allowed to say friend of the family'.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 10:44 on Jan 17, 2016

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
do women actually stare at mens' crotches?

mmmm, i bet there's a PENIS in there, everyone knows us ladies just go gaga over the appearance of PENISES

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
my fav part is literally all of those come from societal ideas that are sexist against women

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quadrophrenic posted:

mmmm, i bet there's a PENIS in there, everyone knows us ladies just go gaga over the appearance of PENISES

I've known a few women who always talked about checking out men's packages but they were generally pretty gross people, similar to how dudes are gross if they're constantly talking about women's tits and asses that they see in public

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

quadrophrenic posted:

No.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
So that woman was just making that face for no reason?

quote:

1. Hitting women: A man will generally be able to physically overpower a woman, and is more likely to want to.

cut out the biotroths.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

When a man's pants are so tight he loses all feeling, shame

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I honestly don't think I've seen anyone legitimately say women abusing men is badass. Unless they're talking about being able to defend themselves effectively against attackers, in which case, really?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I'm dealing with an abuse situation with my mother in law, and it had to get really bad for her to finally (get my wife to) call the cops on her poo poo head alcoholic husband.

I wish she was the type these guys claim women to be and just beat the poo poo outta him. This poor women has the beginning stages of battered wife syndrome and it breaks my heart to see it.

Thankfully dick head's rear end is in jail for a minimum of 6 months.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I love how, of all the lovely anti-feminist refrains that come up on Imgur, one of the constant offenders is "why isn't it okay to hit women?!" They're just loving aching for an excuse to beat up a woman. Is it the misogyny talking, or is it the lingering hope of Internet weenlords that they juuust might be able to win a fight if they deliberately pick on a target who's smaller, lighter, and less socialized to violence than they are?

(Trick question! It's both. But mostly the misogyny.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of the people holding those views and posting are young adults/teenagers, with little insight into how the real world is. It's just a big echo chamber rehashing the same macros (mostly misogyny and friend zone poo poo).

• Locked thread